PDA

View Full Version : How was Eckersley not sent off?

madhatter
12-04-2015, 04:06 PM
I cannot fathom how he was not sent off...

loanheadhibby
12-04-2015, 04:08 PM

Like Lewis tho, has to be retrospective action from sfa. Not much help to us but fairs fair. Also, when are refs going to make decisions during the game.

madhatter
12-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Like Lewis tho, has to be retrospective action from sfa. Not much help to us but fairs fair. Also, when are refs going to make decisions during the game.

What did Lewis do?

Just occurred to me that you might be referring to the derby a while back where Walker and Stevenson were punished later.

Aldo
12-04-2015, 04:13 PM
What did Lewis do?

Lewis and one of the yam fuds had a kick at each other last season and got retrospective bans

Mikeystewart
12-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Compliance officer won't do anything. It will be conveniently left out of the bbc highlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
12-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Compliance officer won't do anything. It will be conveniently left out of the bbc highlights.

Do they only act on bbc highlights?

Scottie
12-04-2015, 04:19 PM
:agree: I seems so.

Aldo
12-04-2015, 04:20 PM

Depends on who you play for

O'Rourke3
12-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Eckersley was only on the park to get himself and a Hibs player sent off. Again they set up not to lose freqent foul etc. First time it's not worked

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Gomis should've been off too.

Geo_1875
13-04-2015, 10:27 AM

It won't matter to Eckersley as he's off at the end of the season and I can't see him having a future as a football player.

1van Sprou7e
13-04-2015, 12:08 PM
I can't see him having a future as a football player.

Slight exaggeration there mate...

Last Minute
13-04-2015, 12:23 PM
anybody got a video of it to put up

Hibernia&Alba
13-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Perhaps it was the fact it happened so early in the match that saved him, not that it should matter when the head goes in.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2015, 12:28 PM
I think Allan was lucky not to be in bother. Thought he went in with the elbow in the first half. Maybe just me.

Danderhall Hibs
13-04-2015, 01:02 PM
anybody got a video of it to put up

That'd be good - I genuinely can't remember this challenge/incident.

CallumLaidlaw
13-04-2015, 01:08 PM
That'd be good - I genuinely can't remember this challenge/incident.

I think it was literally in the 1st minute of the game. I don't remember it either (mind you, I only came down the tunnel in the 2nd min), but the jambos on my train said he should have been sent off.

GordonHFC
13-04-2015, 01:20 PM

Because that would have done the Glasgow Football Associations chances of opening The Rangers path up to the Scottish Premier League no good whatsoever now would it?

Geo_1875
13-04-2015, 01:30 PM
C:\Users\kevimac\Desktop\IMG_2525

That's just never going to work mate.

Last Minute
13-04-2015, 05:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGOlNq9oeZA&feature=youtu.be

Hope this works.

Also been sent to the compliance officer at the SFA

O'Rourke3
13-04-2015, 05:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGOlNq9oeZA&feature=youtu.be

Hope this works.

Also been sent to the compliance officer at the SFA

Thanks - just as bad as I remember it....

matty_f
13-04-2015, 05:09 PM
I would have sent him off.

Pete
13-04-2015, 05:19 PM
I missed the incident live and haven't seen the replay but I too would have sent him off.

I would also have sent Zeefuik off for being fat.

Last Minute
13-04-2015, 05:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XysnFpDqQuA&feature=youtu.be

Leithenhibby
13-04-2015, 05:28 PM
I missed the incident live and haven't seen the replay but I too would have sent him off.

Thought he made the guys at half time look trim... :wink:

Anyone got any footage of the strangle hold on Jason?, clearly a penalty :agree:

matty_f

And the others for being really, really ugly.

Hermit Crab
Sure it said in the paper that the ref seen no need to intervene. :confused:

bigwheel
13-04-2015, 05:33 PM

Really ?? There was almost nothing in it - Id have been gutted to see a Hibs player sent off for that

Broken Gnome
13-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Sure it said in the paper that the ref seen no need to intervene. :confused:

He booked Eckersley and Boyle for bugger all in comparison. I assume that's just a crap excuse. Guessing it was ignored because it was the first minute.

Can't understand how he'd worked himself up enough inside 70 seconds to stick the head in someone. Mental.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2015, 05:35 PM
He booked Eckersley and Boyle for bugger all in comparison. I assume that's just a crap excuse. Guessing it was ignored because it was the first minute.

Can't understand how he'd worked himself up enough inside 70 seconds to stick the head in someone. Mental.

Theres not really a lot in it though is there?

CmoantheHibs
13-04-2015, 05:39 PM
He has to get a retrorespective ban when you see the footage of it.Its hard to imagine why someone would do that so early in the game in a nothing incident.:confused:

ancient hibee
13-04-2015, 05:40 PM

Not even handbags-more a very small purse.Think he's narked because Hearts won't give him £4K a week to stay.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2015, 05:51 PM
He has to get a retrorespective ban when you see the footage of it.Its hard to imagine why someone would do that so early in the game in a nothing incident.:confused:

I dont see a lot in it!! Several players every week would be suspended if we started dishing out bans for this.

O'Rourke3
13-04-2015, 05:56 PM
I dont see a lot in it!! Several players every week would be suspended if we started dishing out bans for this.
Seriously? - that's not violent? Becausue it missed or because it wouldn't take a player down? Players get red carded for out of control tackles and he was definitely out of control. He's been wound up by the management to get out there and make a name for himself with the fans in his final game...

Broken Gnome
13-04-2015, 06:16 PM

You've seen more pathetic headbutts receive red cards though. And he got booked later for something far more innocuous.

If it was later in the game he would've been sent off. If seen. Fairly sure of that.

Peevemor
13-04-2015, 06:22 PM
The video doesn't show Scott Allan noising him up/half squaring up to him just beforehand. Both players were at it and I think the ref was right.

hibbytam
13-04-2015, 06:25 PM

By the rules of football, and on countless number of examples as precedent, it is a clear red card.

Hibeesforever
13-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Watching that makes me realise how truly glorious being a Hibs fan is. Horrible individual at left back for Hearts. Scott Allen has complete class not to react. The Hearts way, rip off businesses, charities and HMRC, then try to bully with little skill on the pitch.
The first derby next season against them will be a cracker, confident we will be Scottish Cup holders. ....

tamig
13-04-2015, 06:40 PM

Usually when a player puts his head into another player's head/face it's a straight red. Doesn't have to break a nose or inflict a knock out. It's standard refereeing practice. And I don't see head butts happening too often so there wouldn't be that many bans despite what you say.

bigwheel
13-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Honestly , do we really need a thread on this - no one was hurt , the game played on ...and we thumped them. Who cares about a nothing episode compared to that !

Jack Hackett
13-04-2015, 07:27 PM

Going by that footage, Eckersley's 'tackle' was more of an assault and worthy of at least a yellow. The fact that it was in the 1st minute, was an ideal opportunity for the ref to make it clear he wasn't going to tolerate any over the top behaviour. His performance was cowardly and biased. Also guessing that Scott said something to the thug to make him react

emerald green
13-04-2015, 07:31 PM

This is a classic example of "laying down a marker" on an opponent right at the start of a game. Letting an opponent know what he might be in for. Intimidation if you like.

I've done it during a game, and had it done to me. You don't necessarily need to use the head. It's usually first "tackle" and someone is up in the air. It was no coincidence Scott Allan was on the receiving end. It's usually who one team see as the "danger man".

It's also another classic example of BOTH the referee and his assistant failing to do their jobs properly and apply the rules correctly. Why are they failing to do their jobs? Are they scared, or what is it?

CockneyRebel
13-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Thought he made the guys at half time look trim... :wink:

Anyone got any footage of the strangle hold on Jason?, clearly a penalty :agree:

I was at the game but would really like to see that again.

Judas Iscariot
13-04-2015, 07:43 PM
That's a red card every day of the week and at any other level he's looking at a ban of at least 5 games!

Plenty intent there, ref/lino & waste of money/space 4th mason bottled it cos it was blatant

Another decision that could've defined a game that went in their favour!

Not to mention the stonewaller of a pen we were denied

Baader
13-04-2015, 09:41 PM
What is being overlooked here is that Eckersley is a truly terrible footballer.

Danderhall Hibs
13-04-2015, 10:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XysnFpDqQuA&feature=youtu.be

Cheers mate. I remember wondering why the West Stand were shouting.

Definitely looks like he puts his head towards Allan. It's worth a booking, if Allan wasn't as honest he could've seen red there.

Danderhall Hibs
13-04-2015, 10:05 PM
The video doesn't show Scott Allan noising him up/half squaring up to him just beforehand. Both players were at it and I think the ref was right.

Are you saying retaliations allowed now Peeve?

The_Sauz
13-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Honestly , do we really need a thread on this - no one was hurt , the game played on ...and we thumped them. Who cares about a nothing episode compared to that !

Yet you are on here reading it :confused:

Peevemor
13-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Are you saying retaliations allowed now Peeve?

Not at all. My own view is that they were both at it and that it wasn't even a head butt. Try butting somebody's forehead with your temple and see who comes of worse.

The_Sauz
13-04-2015, 10:30 PM

So should we just take out this rule then "Disciplinary Rule 200: Violent Conduct by headbutting or attempting to headbutt an opposing player" :confused:

Iggy Pope
13-04-2015, 10:31 PM

Noising him up?

There is Ungentlemanly conduct and there is Violent conduct in the remit for referees to book participants in such instances. I think, from memory, they only have 5 such instances. Can't remember what those are, but these two stick. Deliberate hand ball? Deliberate foul play? Dissent?

'Noising up' was never one. If players were booked for 'noise' we would have some game.

Yellow for Scott at worst for not being a gentleman (and being clattered by the way). Red for the sparryheid for Violent conduct. Quite simple. There is no argument.

Boyle89
13-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Any movement towards another player with the head is seen as aggressive and so a red card for violent conduct. Was the linesman on that side? If he was that's just yet another farcical decision that they have had go in their favour. How many retrospective reds have they had against us recently? 4? Add that to the list.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-04-2015, 10:54 PM
Whether soft or not, that's a red every day of the week these days. Just like that prick McGowan's head butt on Sproule that he got away with a few seasons ago. That was right in front of the linesman as well

Iggy Pope
13-04-2015, 11:00 PM
Any movement towards another player with the head is seen as aggressive and so a red card for violent conduct. Was the linesman on that side? If he was that's just yet another farcical decision that they have had go in their favour. How many retrospective reds have they had against us recently? 4? Add that to the list.

Yes. 5 yards away.

ACLeith
14-04-2015, 05:29 AM
Yes. 5 yards away.

He clattered into Scott as their tactics from the off was to break up any momentum we had. I was right above it and saw what he did. Andy Walker called it a headbutt straight away. The replay shows the linesman looking across the field and looked back when he heard the shouts. The ref might not have been able to see it from where he was. Linesman to blame for taking his eye off the ball - literally.

s.a.m
14-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Superscoreboard ‏@ClydeSSB 1m1 minute ago (https://twitter.com/ClydeSSB/status/587995734206722049) Adam Eckersley of Hearts given notice of complaint by SFA for alleged headbutt on Scott Allan during Sunday's Edinburgh derby

Libby Hibby
14-04-2015, 03:51 PM
http://scotfa.co/scmf/OrMCe04Lcp0lODk0fzlErhcM3DYAQD9JEAk8Tpm-RqoT7T9JAAlQXgFbmV8NRXdTqaqYeWV2j4-Y3HaGssn-DZVYybEGRDyYJbzby-Y0cp0l/eFtxKa

Another retrospective ban for a Hearts player after they play us...when is this going to stop?

Keith_M
14-04-2015, 04:05 PM
http://scotfa.co/scmf/OrMCe04Lcp0lODk0fzlErhcM3DYAQD9JEAk8Tpm-RqoT7T9JAAlQXgFbmV8NRXdTqaqYeWV2j4-Y3HaGssn-DZVYybEGRDyYJbzby-Y0cp0l/eFtxKa

Another retrospective ban for a Hearts player after they play us...when is this going to stop?

I'm fed up of Hibs being a soft touch. We should make it public that we are unhappy about the standard of refereeing we've had to suffer in Derby games in recent seasons.

Last Minute
14-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Still waiting on a reply from the compliance officer to which I sent the video too

AndyB_70
14-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Anyone got a clip of Cummings penalty claim in the 2nd half?

Franck Stanton
14-04-2015, 06:11 PM
This is a classic example of "laying down a marker" on an opponent right at the start of a game. Letting an opponent know what he might be in for. Intimidation if you like.

I've done it during a game, and had it done to me. You don't necessarily need to use the head. It's usually first "tackle" and someone is up in the air. It was no coincidence Scott Allan was on the receiving end. It's usually who one team see as the "danger man".

It's also another classic example of BOTH the referee and his assistant failing to do their jobs properly and apply the rules correctly. Why are they failing to do their jobs? Are they scared, or what is it?

cannae tell you, "it's a secret" :wink: