PDA

View Full Version : Dear Sportsound...

ekhibee
12-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Hibs are still in 2nd place, maybe it won't be McCall v his old club after all.

Borderhibbie76
12-04-2015, 04:07 PM
That was disgusting...heard it on way home in car but then it was Derek Ferguson the ##n

Aldo
12-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Well for my 13,000 post I'd like to share this with that bunch of unbiased tossers.

Get it right ****ing roond ye YA bunch of grade A roasters.

You can shove yur Hun/sheep and Yam love in where the sun don't shine.

heretoday
12-04-2015, 04:13 PM
I heard that too.

We should celebrate the fact that Derek Ferguson managed to actually string a sentence together - a triumph for Scottish education.

Ignorant numpty.

Thecat23
12-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Well for my 13,000 post I'd like to share this with that bunch of unbiased tossers.

This a hundred times over 👏🏼👏🏼

Greenblood70
12-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Dear Sportsound,

You are ****ing amateurs and gorgie roasters, we all hate you.

Yours

Hibernian

Greentinted
12-04-2015, 04:15 PM
That was disgusting...heard it on way home in car but then it was Derek Ferguson the ##n

Without being disingenuous, that man is lucky to be half a step away from "special needs" status. Worry not about noises coming from the mouth of a genuine simpleton!

xyz23jc
12-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Let them carry on with their sycophantic p***! All the more pleasing when we slip under the radar and GIRFUT! Great day to be a Hibee! GGTTH

Sir David Gray
12-04-2015, 06:08 PM
I would love it if we can go up instead of Sevco, absolutely love it. :agree:

Alex Trager
12-04-2015, 06:20 PM
What were they saying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
12-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Richard Gordon hates us

Jonnyboy
12-04-2015, 06:22 PM
I would love it if we can go up instead of Sevco, absolutely love it. :agree:

Paraphrasing Kevin Keegan there, Trig? :greengrin

Alex Trager
12-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Richard Gordon hates us

Agree

Yuillsy
12-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Chick Youngs "I'm telling you, it's written in the stars Rangers will meet Motherwell in the play-offs" was a belter.
Stubbs should play it back to the guys at training tomorrow.

Scorrie
12-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Chick Youngs "I'm telling you, it's written in the stars Rangers will meet Motherwell in the play-offs" was a belter.
Stubbs should play it back to the guys at training tomorrow.

As should the Motherwell manager to his players.

Carheenlea
12-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Without being disingenuous, that man is lucky to be half a step away from "special needs" status. Worry not about noises coming from the mouth of a genuine simpleton!

I'm assuming you don't have any family with "special needs" as you put it.
Derek Ferguson may be a bit of a slaver, but don't be likening him to those who have genuine struggles in their lives for laughs.

Pretty Boy
12-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Richard Gordon laughing when it was mentioned our attention would now be turning to the Scottish Cup and it showed what a good job Stubbs had done that we could still win it was particularly professional and classy.

Greentinted
12-04-2015, 07:16 PM
I'm assuming you don't have any family with "special needs" as you put it.
Derek Ferguson may be a bit of a slaver, but don't be likening him to those who have genuine struggles in their lives for laughs.

Have listened to the man many times and he sounds like a person with learning difficulties yes. Not for laughs, am being serious. Bottom line, he may have been a decent footballer but that doesn't mean he isn't limited in other ways - its obvious he has communication problems and should be nowhere near a job as a professional broadcaster. No disrespect intended to people who are bracketed as such, my problem is with the BBC employing someone at the expense of another who is more suited to a role in broadcasting.

green day
12-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Richard Gordon laughing when it was mentioned our attention would now be turning to the Scottish Cup and it showed what a good job Stubbs had done that we could still win it was particularly professional and classy.

Richard "isn't karma a bitch" Gordon when we were relegated?

Guys a prick, hope to bump into him one night for a chat.....

Sammy7nil
12-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Richard Gordon hates us

On Friday be said Hibs would be promoted

davidw
12-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Richard Gordon hates us

No he doesn't. And people need to be less touchy and paranoid - it's a bit of a cringe.

I can't stand Preston and it's ludicrous he gets to report on Hibs games when he is openly biased, but other than that, there are worse sports programmes out there, and there is certainly no anti-Hibs agenda other than in paranoid folks' heads.

Alex Trager
12-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Chick Young is a little Spick of a man. It annoys me so much the way he froths over the Rangers. It truly does. It shouldn't but it does.

I want my, our, team to prove each and every one of them
Wrong.

Richard Gordon, has always come over as a man that does not like us.

Preston is just a hearts tool.

The rest I have no real opine on.

SuperAllyMcleod
I've always found Richard Gordon to be pretty reasonable - he certainly doesn't criticise Hibs as often as some on this forum.

Can we not just accept that some people have differing opinions on football and their job is to offer some.

As for Derek Ferguson - get him off the radio. The classic I heard a couple of weeks ago was "Oh, Partick have been unlucky to score their third goal." It's amazing how confusing it can be when he misses out one simple word. Obviously, Partick hadn't scored.

Alex Trager
No he doesn't. And people need to be less touchy and paranoid - it's a bit of a cringe.

I can't stand Preston and it's ludicrous he gets to report on Hibs games when he is openly biased, but other than that, there are worse sports programmes out there, and there is certainly no anti-Hibs agenda other than in paranoid folks' heads.

Gordon has always come across as disliking us.

bigwheel
12-04-2015, 08:17 PM
The "laughing" style of comments after the match on Malonga was nasty....there is no way they would be talking about a Scottish footballers in those terms - it was disgraceful.

CropleyWasGod
12-04-2015, 08:22 PM
Maybe I'm listening to the wrong programme, but on Wednesday night, Gordon, Preston and one other (maybe Ferguson), all said that they thought we would go up.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Have listened to the man many times and he sounds like a person with learning difficulties yes. Not for laughs, am being serious. Bottom line, he may have been a decent footballer but that doesn't mean he isn't limited in other ways - its obvious he has communication problems and should be nowhere near a job as a professional broadcaster. No disrespect intended to people who are bracketed as such, my problem is with the BBC employing someone at the expense of another who is more suited to a role in broadcasting.

So in short you are saying that disabled folks should not broadcast?

Greentinted
12-04-2015, 08:36 PM

No, that's not the implication at all - off the top of my head I can think of Tanni Grey Thomson* who is a fabulous broadcaster; eloquent, articulate and intelligent. If a disability does not affect the job in hand then why would it be a problem, but DF is barely coherent and probably illiterate (based on his limited oral discourse - he sounds like an embarrassed Primary 2 laddie being asked to read out loud in front of the class) - would you have an leg amputee play for Hibs?

*Edit - Reg Gutteridge was decent as well.

green day
12-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Maybe I'm listening to the wrong programme, but on Wednesday night, Gordon, Preston and one other (maybe Ferguson), all said that they thought we would go up.

Thing is CWG, I don't listen anymore, as their previous snidey anti hibs stuff turned me off......so if he said something vaguely positive its passed me by !

givescotlandfreedom
12-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Richard Gordon has been hostile towards us for a few years now. He's a weirdo anyway.

StokePogesHibs
13-04-2015, 01:18 AM
From the US, the BT sport commentator should be fired. Every time we have played them this year there are at least 2 references to that cup game. He then spends the second half wishing a comeback for them. Dont know who he is but he has to go.makes Cliff Pike look impartial ;-)

Hermit Crab
13-04-2015, 08:18 AM
From the US, the BT sport commentator should be fired. Every time we have played them this year there are at least 2 references to that cup game. He then spends the second half wishing a comeback for them. Dont know who he is but he has to go.makes Cliff Pike look impartial ;-)

If you mean Derek Rae then he is 100% impartial and an Aberdeen fan and not the slightest bit bias towards hearts and he's an all round good guy. One of the best commentators.

O'Rourke3
13-04-2015, 08:53 AM
At the end of the Celtic game on Saturday Sky were doing their "next up" piece on the Derby. Presenter ".....who scored for Hibs in the 6-2 game. Sorry for mentioning that Hearts fans" So at least someone was trying to wind them up.

Bishop Hibee
13-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Sportsound isn't so much biased as an amateur shambles at times. An utter embarrassment when you compare it to coverage on 5live. I tend to avoid it and have enjoyed Forth2 covering our away games more.

ManBearPig
13-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Richard Gordon said last week it will be jags v hibs for playoffs

keep the faith
13-04-2015, 12:53 PM

This.

Nutmegged
13-04-2015, 01:17 PM

You know I actually like to listen to Sportsound for their coverage of the SPFL on a whole but you are so so right, when you think about it then it does feel like an incredible amount of coverage is given to Sevco, the Sheep and Yams - far more than anyone else.

I'm not championing them getting more coverage but you'd almoat understand if Celtic got it due to them being the biggest, most successful club in the Country but even theres is minute compared to the gruesome threesome, as for us, we may as well be playing in the Tazmanian amateurs League for the amount of notice given to us, the only time Hibs are deemed relevent on that show is when we're facing Hearts or Sevco or after any defeat.

We are in an incredible position though, we could be on the verge or the greatest season in my lifetime

Nutmegged
13-04-2015, 01:21 PM

Derek Rae for me is the best Commentator in British Football let alone Scottish, I don't feel he shows any bias at all but he does have an extensive knowledge of every team he covers and always tries to add his own wee personal touch to every team - even though he's a Dandy I'd say he is the nost unbiased reporter I've ever listened too

CallumLaidlaw
13-04-2015, 01:23 PM
Derek Rae for me is the best Commentator in British Football let alone Scottish, I don't feel he shows any bias at all but he does have an extensive knowledge of every team he covers and always tries to add his own wee personal touch to every team - even though he's a Dandy I'd say he is the nost unbiased reporter I've ever listened too

I like Derek Rae. Very good commentator. I'm sure he said recently on a podcast I listened to that he does have a bit of a soft spot for Hearts tho.

Ozyhibby
13-04-2015, 01:32 PM
I think I must be in a minority of one when it comes to Derek Ferguson. I don't mind him.
He offer zero insight into the game, no tactical analysis whatsoever and generally gives the impression he has no idea what he is doing there but I think he comes across as a decent guy trying his best to make a living.
If Sportsound ever decides to get serious about Scottish Football and start offering some decent insight and analysis then obviously he would be one of the first out the door but if they are going to carry on with the current nonsense then Ferguson is one of the least offensive.

southsider
13-04-2015, 01:48 PM
I just wonder how STV News will manage to cock it up this time. Last week they were due to run a story about AS being in line for the Wigan job when in fact it had already been given to Gary Caldwell. Joke of a station makes the BBC seem like Sky Sports.

Geo_1875
13-04-2015, 02:37 PM
I think I must be in a minority of one when it comes to Derek Ferguson. I don't mind him.
He offer zero insight into the game, no tactical analysis whatsoever and generally gives the impression he has no idea what he is doing there but I think he comes across as a decent guy trying his best to make a living.
If Sportsound ever decides to get serious about Scottish Football and start offering some decent insight and analysis then obviously he would be one of the first out the door but if they are going to carry on with the current nonsense then Ferguson is one of the least offensive.

That's true but why do BBC Scotland use fee-payers money to retrain retired footballers. The one that annoys me is Craigan who spent more of the last two years of his Motherwell contract in a BBC studio than he did on the pitch. He received media training at our expense and still brings nothing as a commentator or a pundit.

CallumLaidlaw
13-04-2015, 02:47 PM
I just wonder how STV News will manage to cock it up this time. Last week they were due to run a story about AS being in line for the Wigan job when in fact it had already been given to Gary Caldwell. Joke of a station makes the BBC seem like Sky Sports.

I actually completely disagree with that. STV have some very decent sports journalists, and their coverage is always quite fair. They always are a bit more in depth with their stats and stuff too.

Ozyhibby
13-04-2015, 02:53 PM
I actually completely disagree with that. STV have some very decent sports journalists, and their coverage is always quite fair. They always are a bit more in depth with their stats and stuff too.

100% agree

ekhibee
13-04-2015, 03:14 PM
That's true but why do BBC Scotland use fee-payers money to retrain retired footballers. The one that annoys me is Craigan who spent more of the last two years of his Motherwell contract in a BBC studio than he did on the pitch. He received media training at our expense and still brings nothing as a commentator or a pundit.
And he definitely does seem to dislike Hibs, he struggles to compliment us at any time as I'm sure others may have noticed as well.

Nutmegged
13-04-2015, 03:54 PM
I like Derek Rae. Very good commentator. I'm sure he said recently on a podcast I listened to that he does have a bit of a soft spot for Hearts tho.

I've heard him say similar things about Celtic as he was at Love Street covering the game in 86 when the Yams bottled it up in Dundee

Again, also heard him praise Dundee Utd up countless times too

I've never heard him speak negatively about a single Scottish team

Nutmegged
13-04-2015, 03:56 PM

Chick Young would be out the door pronto, the guy is an absolute hopeless case, a complete lost cause and offers nothing of any worth to the station

Sammy7nil
13-04-2015, 06:46 PM

I agree i think he is okay and always tries to be positive.

bigwheel
13-04-2015, 06:49 PM

I'm with you on this - he isn't the most eloquent , but he oozes his love of football - so enthusiastic... I like him , anyone who cares about the game as much as him, deserves to be on the radio ...

emerald green
13-04-2015, 07:01 PM
BBC tv news at 6:30 this evening didn't even mention the Edinburgh derby. Funny, but when Hearts win the derby, there's usually report and the goals are shown. Or am I just imagining this?

Tonight, it was all about St Mirren probably getting relegated, and an interview with David Van Zanten of all people. Celeb Buddies fan, Chris Brookmyre, was also on saying how St Midden had capitulated basically (sounds familiar?).

superfurryhibby
13-04-2015, 07:07 PM

His emasculation of the English language is hilarious at times. The avoidance of saying done is particularly amusing. Clearly text night to say done when he means did, Derek knows avoids saying it all; he's did particularly well this evening.

Sportscene is really shoddy. The presenter guy..... NOOOOO!

Hermit Crab
13-04-2015, 07:07 PM
BBC tv news at 6:30 this evening didn't even mention the Edinburgh derby. Funny, but when Hearts win the derby, there's usually report and the goals are shown. Or am I just imagining this?

Tonight, it was all about St Mirren probably getting relegated, and an interview with David Van Zanten of all people. Celeb Buddies fan, Chris Brookmyre, was also on saying how St Midden had capitulated basically (sounds familiar?).

Yes, you are.

emerald green
13-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Yes, you are.

Are you sure? You know this for a fact? Can you provide any evidence of this?

Not being funny, but I could swear I've seen Hearts goals from derby matches shown on BBC news bulletins on Monday teatime bulletins before. :confused:

bigwheel
13-04-2015, 07:13 PM

You're not being disingenuous. You are though being grossly insulting and insensitive.

Also , probably snobbish - I like the guy - loves his football

CockneyRebel
13-04-2015, 07:29 PM

You just wouldn't let it lie.

Peevemor
13-04-2015, 07:32 PM
There's nothing worse than people who, when asked to speak publicly or formally, try to use vocabulary that isn't natural to them. More often than not they'll end up sounding dafter than they really are. I much prefer people, especially from the world of football, to just be themselves and express themself as they do in everyday life. A strong accent, a bit of slang and some dodgy grammar (something of which we're probably all capable) is far better than putting on false airs and graces and failing.

Danderhall Hibs
14-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Are you sure? You know this for a fact? Can you provide any evidence of this?

Not being funny, but I could swear I've seen Hearts goals from derby matches shown on BBC news bulletins on Monday teatime bulletins before. :confused:
As you're making the claim if expect you to have evidence?

Mikey09
14-04-2015, 09:17 AM
Did The numpties on Sportsound even discuss the Derby last night?? I caught a tiny bit about the result but was working.... Or did they brush over it like it was irrelevant??

emerald green
15-04-2015, 06:45 PM
As you're making the claim if expect you to have evidence?

No, I've no evidence sorry, it's just that I thought I had in the past seen highlights of previous derby matches - the goals basically - shown on Monday evening BBC news bulletins.

Hermit Crab seemed quite categoric that I was imagining that, and I was just wondering if he had evidence to back that up. It's no big deal. I must just be losing it. :rolleyes: