PDA

View Full Version : The ref

SouthMoroccoStu
12-04-2015, 03:53 PM
You tried your best to make hearts win and you failed!

utterly clueless

Hearts got away with murder (2 reds missed and countless yellows) and we easily should have had a penalty

Aldo
12-04-2015, 03:58 PM
You tried your best to make hearts win and you failed! utterly clueless Hearts got away with murder (2 reds missed and countless yellows) and we easily should have had a penalty

Potential red card after the first challenge with Eckersley trying to stick the nut in Allan

DH1875
12-04-2015, 04:02 PM
Potential red card after the first challenge with Eckersley trying to stick the nut in Allan

Stick on red card IMO.

Aldo
12-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Stick on red card IMO.

Yip. Wonder if the compliance office will take a look at that one??

pennyhibee
12-04-2015, 04:34 PM
You have to give enormous credit to the players today .They knew what this cheating C..T was up to when they surrounded him at half time but they kept their focus and got what they deserved at last

gaz1875
12-04-2015, 04:36 PM
The shove on Stevenson near the end by the guy with the coat hangers under his **** top Sow I think was utterly ridiculous, play on WTF :confused:

Glesgahibby
12-04-2015, 04:43 PM
This is what we are up against for the run in:confused:

Franck Stanton
12-04-2015, 04:43 PM

Really HAS to, shirley ?

marti1875
12-04-2015, 04:44 PM
Kevin Harper and the other guy on Hibs TV were hilarious as they were going absolutely MENTAL about how the ref just refuses too book any of them.

They called it spot on too as they said yet the very very first dodgy tackle a Hibs player puts in they will be booked first time, no talking to, no warnings nowt....and that is exactly what happened...and you can just imagine the reaction when it happened, ha ha.

I was fuming too but now looking back i can laugh somewhat as we have stuffed them and their so called party......but the ref was a friggin joke in this sense, really really bad. :agree:

matty_f
12-04-2015, 04:48 PM
The **** about put my blood pressure through the ****ing roof. Cheating *******.

Every time the Yams got the ball they fell over and every time he gave them a foul for it.

It was a stick on that he'd book a Hibs player first, absolute certainty.

Aldo
12-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Really HAS to, shirley ?

You would think or and least I would hope so but wouldn't surprise me if he didn't

PeterboroHibee
12-04-2015, 04:50 PM
The referee was very poor today. Did nothing about Eckersley, took an hour to book Gomis who must have kicked our players 5 or 6 times, and booked Forster first time for pretty much nothing. Also, Id say it was a nailed on penalty, where Ozturk made no effort to play the ball and ended up with Cummings in a headlock.

Thankfully its one of the few times it didnt cost us in a derby!

SunshineOnLeith
12-04-2015, 04:52 PM
Forster's booking aside, I thought he was alright. Sorry, conspiracy theorists.

PeterboroHibee
12-04-2015, 04:57 PM

I think the referee kept the general flow of the game well, but he was inconsistent and/or missed some of the bigger decisions. I dont think theres a conspiracy, but its not good enough.

emerald green
12-04-2015, 05:05 PM

What conspiracy? Who mentioned that?

It was plain and simple bad refereeing from start to finish. What is it about Scottish referees when a match is being televised that they think it's all about them? Well, it isn't, and it's about time these clowns started doing their jobs properly. They get paid enough FFS.

I'm just wanting them to be fair, consistent, and impartial. His booking of Jordan Forster was simply ridiculous considering the number of fouls he allowed two Hearts players in particular to get away with.

Peevemor
12-04-2015, 05:06 PM
For me the supposed head butt was nothing of the sort and would have been a very harsh red.

However, he should have sorted out their persistent fouling a lot sooner and the cummings penalty claim was as clear cut as they get - what was the linesman doing?

Overall a poor refereeing performance IMO.

Yuillsy
12-04-2015, 05:08 PM

He did it to Boyle in the 2nd half too. That's when Boyle pushed him and they both got booked.

thebakerboy
12-04-2015, 05:11 PM
It doesn't really surprise anyone does it , because going back in History they did not want the Irish team in the league and kept trying to prevent us joining , and it's the same today the establishment are running scared that we go up in the place of der hun and will do everything to prevent it.

SunshineOnLeith
12-04-2015, 05:11 PM
What conspiracy? Who mentioned that?

The OP did.

You tried your best to make hearts win and you failed!

Pennyhibee did.

They knew what this cheating C..T was up to

Glesgahibby did.

This is what we are up against for the run in

Edit: And now thebakerboy right above me has topped them all!

Pretty Boy
12-04-2015, 05:15 PM
We should have had a penalty and how the 1st player booked was wearing green is beyond me.

Still we won so I couldn't care less. Ref was humpty but it didn't matter a jot.

Kato
12-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Funny how there is no conspiracy yet I've never once seen Hibs get a "wrong", game changing decision in our favour, as in not once. Ever.

emerald green
12-04-2015, 05:20 PM
The OP did.

Pennyhibee did.

Glesgahibby did.

I don't see the use of the expression "conspiracy" in any of those posts. Just because you criticise a referee's performance, doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist.

The referee was awful, as they seem to be far too often when officiating Hibs fixtures. He could easily have cost Hibs the game today.

hibbytam
12-04-2015, 05:28 PM

Stone wall red card, I'm still annoyed even though we won. It was right in front of me, and it was a clear red. Yet another appalling decision that's gone against us in a key game.

SunshineOnLeith
12-04-2015, 05:31 PM
I don't see the use of the expression "conspiracy" in any of those posts. Just because you criticise a referee's performance, doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist.

The referee was awful, as they seem to be far too often when officiating Hibs fixtures. He could easily have cost Hibs the game today.

There's a difference between saying "the ref was crap", and saying that he "tried to make Hearts win", we "knew what he was up to", or that this is what we're "up against". As for thebakerboy's post, just wow.

The first is an opinion, which is valid. The others are delusional nonsense.

emerald green
12-04-2015, 05:35 PM
There's a difference between saying "the ref was crap", and saying that he "tried to make Hearts win", we "knew what he was up to", or that this is what we're "up against". As for thebakerboy's post, just wow.

The first is an opinion, which is valid. The others are delusional nonsense.

So people are delusional now. Not conspiracy theorists?

Are you the judge of what's valid and what's not?

Are you related to the referee by any chance? :greengrin

The Harp
12-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Another poor refereeing performance - it's becoming the norm these days.
How he failed to take action against Gomis much earlier is beyond me. It was clear the first yellow would go to a Hibs player after several Yam fouls went unpunished. No surprise, with what had gone before, that we didn't get a penalty for the blatant foul on Cummings.
Is he related to Craig Thomson by any chance?

matty_f
12-04-2015, 05:39 PM
I think when it happens in one match you can allow for it being poor refereeing, but we're getting shat on by refs relentlessly and have been for the last few seasons.

The last time I remember a ridiculous decision going in our favour was Hanlon getting a goal that was nowhere near over the line.

Think we were 2 or 3 up at the time with moments to play.

Wouldn't know where to stay listing the mental decisions that have gone against us, especially in derbies.

I don't care if that makes me delusional, but I'd guess that the weight of evidence would back up an opinion of bias against us.

Sir David Gray
12-04-2015, 05:40 PM
How we didn't get a penalty for the challenge on Cummings is beyond me and Gomis should have been given two yellows as well.

Awful performance.

SunshineOnLeith
12-04-2015, 05:46 PM
So people are delusional now. Not conspiracy theorists?

Are you the judge of what's valid and what's not?

Are you related to the referee by any chance? :greengrin

Conspiracy theorism is a form of delusion.

emerald green
12-04-2015, 05:53 PM
I think when it happens in one match you can allow for it being poor refereeing, but we're getting shat on by refs relentlessly and have been for the last few seasons.

The last time I remember a ridiculous decision going in our favour was Hanlon getting a goal that was nowhere near over the line.

Think we were 2 or 3 up at the time with moments to play.

Wouldn't know where to stay listing the mental decisions that have gone against us, especially in derbies.

I don't care if that makes me delusional, but I'd guess that the weight of evidence would back up an opinion of bias against us.

:agree: The bit in bold in particular. Just off the top of my head here's a couple of glaring examples:

Only a couple of weeks ago Wullie Collum (and his assistant?) somehow didn't think Paul Hanlon being taken out by a Rangers player off the ball wasn't a foul. This led to a goal by The Rangers, effectively killing the game stone dead, and ensuring a vital 3 points for the Ibrox club. Unbelievable.

Leigh Griffiths hits a free kick from 30 yards which hits the underside of the Hearts crossbar and bounces down 3/4 feet over the line. No goal is awarded. The officials again didn't see it. Can you believe that? Unbelievable.

Jordan Foster scores with a terrific header at Tyncastle. A perfectly legitimate goal as TV later proved. It was disallowed, I think, on the say so of the assistant for offside. Unbelievable decision.

I'm sure others can think of many more, but what's the point in trying to stick up for the team you support when you see it getting screwed over. I should just roll over and take all the crap going. Aye that will be right.

Carheenlea
12-04-2015, 05:55 PM
This is what we are up against for the run in:confused:

Not a problem if we continue to play like we did today.

emerald green
12-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Conspiracy theorism is a form of delusion.

OK see post #30. Time to call it a day on this I think. :rolleyes:

greenlex
12-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Hanlons booking and Forsters booking were the ref being conned by the cheats. perhaps Jordan got his for his reaction to te decision because there was absolutely nothing bookable about the challenge.

Alfred E Newman
12-04-2015, 05:59 PM
For me the supposed head butt was nothing of the sort and would have been a very harsh red.

However, he should have sorted out their persistent fouling a lot sooner and the cummings penalty claim was as clear cut as they get - what was the linesman doing?

Overall a poor refereeing performance IMO.

Pretty poor head butt but I've seen a lot of sendings off for worse efforts. Officials chickened out because it was the 1st min.

Aldo
12-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Pretty poor head butt but I've seen a lot of sendings off for worse efforts. Officials chickened out because it was the 1st min.

Doesn't need to connect it's the movement.

Won't get looked at and will carry on as normal.

Winston Ingram
12-04-2015, 06:05 PM
I genuinely don't think there's a conspiracy but there is absolutely no doubt those thieving bassa's have got away with murder v us.

The season we knocked them out of the cup they had about 4 retrospective red cards in derbies. Ryan Stevenson 2 footing McPake, McGowan head butting Sproule to name a couple. They genuinely just seem to get away with everything in derbies

O'Rourke3
12-04-2015, 06:08 PM

I'd probably agree with that apart from a penalty kick, not booking persistent fouling after it became clear they were lining up to commit a series of niggly fouls to stop the team in green playing and finally between him and his assistant missing Eckersley's violent head motion towards Scott Allan in the first minute? Oh I almost forgot, giving Hearts free kick after free kick after the fell to the ground whether they'd been fouled or not. I needed no other evidence when Alan Preston was giving the referee praise for his performance.....

givescotlandfreedom
12-04-2015, 06:12 PM
He gave them absolutely everything today. Scotland's must disgusting club and the media and footballing establishment can't fawn over them enough. As a human being I could never bring myself to support that poisonous disease of a club.

banarc7062
12-04-2015, 06:18 PM

Nope....he was sneezing at that point and missed the incident :wink::wink:

Onceinawhile
12-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Glad to see some consistency from the SFA tbf. First kris boyd and now eckersley. Clearly headbutting hibs players isn't a red card offence.

Winston Ingram
12-04-2015, 06:20 PM
I genuinely don't think there's a conspiracy but there is absolutely no doubt those thieving bassa's have got away with murder v us.

The season we knocked them out of the cup they had about 4 retrospective red cards in derbies. Ryan Stevenson 2 footing McPake, McGowan head butting Sproule to name a couple. They genuinely just seem to get away with everything in derbies

Biggie
12-04-2015, 06:21 PM

And the ref shat it in the penalty incident cos he knew he'd have to send ozturk off......

emerald green
12-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Glad to see some consistency from the SFA tbf. First kris boyd and now eckersley. Clearly headbutting hibs players isn't a red card offence.

The thing is, the referee sent a Dumbarton player off on Wednesday for headbutting Jordan Forster.

But will they do it when it comes to matches involving the clubs from Ibrox and Gorgie? Well, the evidence is there for anyone who chooses to see what's staring them in the face.

The thing is, none of this is some sort of recent phenomenon.

Eyrie
12-04-2015, 06:27 PM
The referee was poor in the first half, and if anything worse in the second half after Fyvie and Allen asked what was going on as they left the pitch at half time.

I can understand the "head butt" being missed but still can't believe that we didn't get such a blatant penalty.

Hibs History
12-04-2015, 06:27 PM
The OP did.

I don't think he did!!!

Argylehibby
12-04-2015, 06:46 PM

I've not read any further than this post yet but the sun was in your eyes all day or you have to be a yam if you thought he did alright. Less than 60 seconds on the clock and a head butt from the left back, straight red EVERY day of the week. Two bookings for us v 0 for them before half time despite us getting kicked up and down the place by them. Forster's booking was for his reaction to the foul but they should have been playing 89 minutes with a man short and had at least 2 in the book before the break. Fed up saying this today but how many retrospective red card do they need to reach against us before someone starts asking questions?

Argylehibby
12-04-2015, 06:53 PM
We should have had a penalty and how the 1st player booked was wearing green is beyond me.

Still we won so I couldn't care less. Ref was humpty but it didn't matter a jot.

This is however the time to raise the issue not when we get beat. We should now be highlighting the decisions against us over a number of years in derby's and asking the question "by the law of averages, how does this work out so heavily in one teams favour" of the people that run the game.

Green Fish
12-04-2015, 06:56 PM
If the ref had a shred of decency he should publicly apologize, concede he had a shocker and waive his match fee and donate it to charity. He won't tho.

ancient hibee
12-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Only in football could that be termed a head butt-he rubbed his head along his face.Hanlon's yellow was one every day of the week.The penalty was a stone waller.

Argylehibby
12-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Only in football could that be termed a head butt-he rubbed his head along his face.Hanlon's yellow was one every day of the week.The penalty was a stone waller.

The fact he missed doesn't mean it wasn't violent conduct. The attempt was there, it was a red card and yet again they don't get punished for it.

ancient hibee
12-04-2015, 07:10 PM
The fact he missed doesn't mean it wasn't violent conduct. The attempt was there, it was a red card and yet again they don't get punished for it.

If you think that was violent you've obviously never been to a Brownies meeting night.

Argylehibby
12-04-2015, 07:14 PM
If you think that was violent you've obviously never been to a Brownies meeting night.
I don't go to Brownies meetings, I will leave that to the Hearts fans.

JimBHibees
12-04-2015, 07:16 PM
I am sure it will all even itself out over the season. :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
12-04-2015, 07:28 PM
The ref could have carded a number of Yams but didn't, which was bloody annoying. The refusal of a penalty when that Yam bassa had Cummings in a head lock was every bit as bad and outlandish a decision as Collum's was not to give a foul in the Hanlon incident. Nae wonder folk talk about refs being against us.

Glesgahibby
12-04-2015, 07:33 PM
The OP did.

Pennyhibee did.

Glesgahibby did.

Conspiracy involves more than one person conspiring collectively.
My comment was based on bias refereeing by an individual,the problem is to many of these individuals think alike:greengrin

Swedish hibee
12-04-2015, 08:59 PM
The shove on Stevenson near the end by the guy with the coat hangers under his **** top Sow I think was utterly ridiculous, play on WTF :confused:

:agree:

Alfred E Newman
13-04-2015, 11:30 AM

Agree completely, but in the modern football world that stupid movement of the head gets you a red card.

GreenPJ
13-04-2015, 11:39 AM
:agree: The bit in bold in particular. Just off the top of my head here's a couple of glaring examples:

Only a couple of weeks ago Wullie Collum (and his assistant?) somehow didn't think Paul Hanlon being taken out by a Rangers player off the ball wasn't a foul. This led to a goal by The Rangers, effectively killing the game stone dead, and ensuring a vital 3 points for the Ibrox club. Unbelievable.

Leigh Griffiths hits a free kick from 30 yards which hits the underside of the Hearts crossbar and bounces down 3/4 feet over the line. No goal is awarded. The officials again didn't see it. Can you believe that? Unbelievable.

Jordan Foster scores with a terrific header at Tyncastle. A perfectly legitimate goal as TV later proved. It was disallowed, I think, on the say so of the assistant for offside. Unbelievable decision.

I'm sure others can think of many more, but what's the point in trying to stick up for the team you support when you see it getting screwed over. I should just roll over and take all the crap going. Aye that will be right.

The only thing worse than the diabolical refereeing is using it as an excuse not to support your team.

patlowe
13-04-2015, 11:48 AM
It's not just this ref that's at fault for this but it absolutely does my head in how many fouls Gomis gets away with before he gets booked - it's been the same every derby this season. Classic Levein tactics - foul, niggle, foul, niggle. End result - scrappy, horrible football games.

steakbake
13-04-2015, 11:55 AM
Wonder if his earpiece was streaming The Rangers game?

ACLeith
13-04-2015, 03:20 PM
It's not just this ref that's at fault for this but it absolutely does my head in how many fouls Gomis gets away with before he gets booked - it's been the same every derby this season. Classic Levein tactics - foul, niggle, foul, niggle. End result - scrappy, horrible football games.

Gomis committed 3 fouls in the first 30 minutes, the first 2 were just fouls, but the 3rd deserved a booking. He eventually got booked for his 4th foul, which was the worst of them all, about the hour mark, and I don't think he committed another foul after that. Says it all!

At half time, the foul count was 10 given to us, 8 to them; card count 2 to us, none to them. That doesn't prove anything of course, but was an eerily similar pattern to TRFC game. Not a conspiracy of course, just stating facts :agree:

Their clear tactic was to commit simple fouls on us in the middle third of the pitch when we were on the break, just to stop our momentum. In the second half, we tried the same on Zeefuick - Boyle or Fyvie? - but they just bounced off!!

ancient hibee
13-04-2015, 05:36 PM
It's interesting that for a team that has so much of the ball they have 3 players in the top ten yellow cards in the division.Gomis of course is top.

snooky
13-04-2015, 07:47 PM
Wonder if his earpiece was streaming The Rangers game?

There lies the answer to all the queries above re. poor decisions against us.