PDA

View Full Version : Will We Beat QOS Over Two Legs?

fatbloke
09-04-2015, 08:22 PM
Just asking:greengrin

Will be a great play-off final.

Steve20
09-04-2015, 08:22 PM
Nope. We struggle to beat them or Falkrk at all.

KeithTheHibby
09-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Yes. Have some faith.

fatbloke
09-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Yes. Have some faith.

Oh I have we will win the Championship Play Off Final and beat Murderwell or Killie to go up.

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
09-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Depends, they might be tired after beating Sevco over two legs. :-)

Ronniekirk
09-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Just asking:greengrin

Will be a great play-off final.

At the present time they have the momentum but in a playoff situation nerves may get to them .But tonight when it counted both thier main strikers scored and that's someting we could do with . But things are certainly hotting up that's for sure Nd makes every game interesting .But to finish second we are going to have to do something we haven't done so far this season and Beat Hearts Bring it on

Bobo
09-04-2015, 08:31 PM
The only team Hibs need to worry about are themselves, if they turn up with a bit of grit, determination and fight about them and don't let ***** teams bully them, they have nobody to fear ..... it really is a p!ss poor league!

DH1875
09-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Is their stadium up to the current premier league requirements?

Thecat23
09-04-2015, 08:39 PM
The only team Hibs need to worry about are themselves, if they turn up with a bit of grit, determination and fight about them and don't let ***** teams bully them, they have nobody to fear ..... it really is a p!ss poor league!

Well said!

Mark79
09-04-2015, 08:39 PM

Think that rule has been scrapped.

Peevemor
09-04-2015, 08:41 PM

Is it not the case that you need 7k seats or something? (I honestly don't know)

TrinityHibs
09-04-2015, 08:42 PM

Or is it a decent league? Hertz Sevco Falkirk QOS Raith Hibs Some good names there.

Hibernia&Alba
09-04-2015, 08:52 PM
The play offs are anybody's, IMO. I can't pick between the teams; it's going to be very tense.

God Petrie
09-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Hertz appear first on pitch. Hibs wait then come out to form guard of honour and Hibs produce delegates from every creditor who lost money to their odious little club who stroll on to the pitch as the hertz fans and players watch.

MSK
09-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Hertz appear first on pitch. Hibs wait then come out to form guard of honour and Hibs produce delegates from every creditor who lost money to their odious little club who stroll on to the pitch as the hertz fans and players watch.No really what the thread is about though ...:wink:

DH1875
09-04-2015, 09:09 PM

They scrapped the 10k all seater rule but I'm sure there is another rule :confused:

Bobo
09-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Or is it a decent league? Hertz Sevco Falkirk QOS Raith Hibs Some good names there.

There are too many teams living on past reputations who are no longer half the teams they previously were. This applies to all Scottish clubs, Hibs included.

Scottish football is a really poor product which, not surprisingly, no major companies want to sponsor.

It's governed by a corrupt band of imbeciles who are too intent on bending over backwards and turning a blind eye to the indescresions of the Old Firm, at the expense of its other members, in order to suit its own agendas!

There are no "big" teams in Scotland anymore, clubs across Europe have nothing to fear from our teams, whoes past reputations are about all they have left and even they are fast becoming distant memories!

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2015, 09:12 PM

That's it in a nutshell . We have as good a chance as anybody of going up.

Real Emerald
09-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Hibs can beat anyone in Scotland over two legs if they play well and get stuck in. They also could get beat by just about anyone over two legs too :confused:

Sir David Gray
09-04-2015, 09:59 PM
On current form, I would expect it to be a very tough couple of matches for us.

However, if we play to our potential, we would win the tie comfortably.

Jones28
09-04-2015, 10:01 PM
If we play to our best ablilities then we will have any side in this league on toast, and that goes for the majority of teams above us.
People need to stop kidding on that this team is not as good as it thinks it is. We have great players and some top goals scorers - Cummings will be one of the hottest properties in Scottish football within a couple of years.
The problem this season has been inconsistency.

Onion
09-04-2015, 10:06 PM
IMO you need to treat the league and the POs as two separate competitions. Once teams get to the POs, all bets are off and what's gone before means little. It will come down to who wants it most and who gets the breaks and big referee decisions. That's why the Huns are hot favourites to progress.

Worryingly, this Hibs team have shown a soft underbelly when the pressure has been on them. The others such as Falkirk, QOS and Huns have more steel about them.

Judas Iscariot
09-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Hibs can beat anyone in Scotland over two legs if they play well and get stuck in. They also could get beat by just about anyone over two legs too :confused:

Well we've not beaten Hertz or Falkirk this season after 3 attempts each...

Bishop Hibee
09-04-2015, 10:31 PM
Yup 4-1. You heard it here first.

California-Hibs
09-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Yes, no problem. It's Sevco that I'm now concerned about beating over 2 legs.

kev1875
09-04-2015, 11:58 PM
Neck on the line, when QOTS or Falkirk have beaten us, I think it's been down to far superior managent. Something Stubbs will only pick up with experience.

lord bunberry
10-04-2015, 12:23 AM
Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, Robertson, Fyvie, Allan, McGeouch, Alagui, Malonga, Cummings. QOS can only dream of having players as good as us. If we get our tactics right and play to our potential(which we don't always do) we will be too good for them over 2 legs.

HibeeMG
10-04-2015, 12:42 AM
Depends, they might be tired after beating Falkirk over two legs. :-)

Fixed that for you. ;-)

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2015, 02:48 AM
Neck on the line, when QOTS or Falkirk have beaten us, I think it's been down to far superior managent. Something Stubbs will only pick up with experience.Falkirks 2 wins over us have been 1-0 at ER where we absolutely battered them and could have been 5/6-0 up before they even had a shot. 1-0 at their place in a truly awful match where their center back cleared a Heff shot off the line with the keeper miles away and then scored a screamer in the 93rd minute to win it. That is really superior management? Did Peter Houston plan that all out? Personally I don't believe it :greengrin

California-Hibs
10-04-2015, 03:45 AM
Falkirks 2 wins over us have been 1-0 at ER where we absolutely battered them and could have been 5/6-0 up before they even had a shot. 1-0 at their place in a truly awful match where their center back cleared a Heff shot off the line with the keeper miles away and then scored a screamer in the 93rd minute to win it. That is really superior management? Did Peter Houston plan that all out? Personally I don't believe it :greengrin

Exactly!

DH1875
10-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Neck on the line, when QOTS or Falkirk have beaten us, I think it's been down to far superior managent. Something Stubbs will only pick up with experience.

How experienced a manager is the QOS manager?

wills
10-04-2015, 07:09 AM
It will depend on we're the first leg is played, get a result in Dumfries and we could play on the counter attack at ER

Leithenhibby
10-04-2015, 07:31 AM
Nope. We struggle to beat them or Falkrk at all.

No, we beat then 0-2 in Dumfries :wink:

Keith_M
10-04-2015, 08:00 AM

Is it not the case that you need 7k seats or something? (I honestly don't know)

The original rule required 10k seats, which was later reduced to 6k.

Since the formation of the SPFL, the whole thing has been scrapped and the Stadium just needs to meet safety requirements.

lucky
10-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Last week it was all about Rangers getting promoted, now Queens win a couple games it's now all about them. FFS Hibs are 2nd in the table and ARE a better side than both. Here's an idea why don't we talk up our own teams chances.

Keith_M
10-04-2015, 08:05 AM
Last week it was all about Rangers getting promoted, now Queens win a couple games it's now all about them. FFS Hibs are 2nd in the table and ARE a better side than both. Here's an idea why don't we talk up our own teams chances.

I think you're having a bit of a whoosh moment, Lucky.

Re-read the OP from the point of view of somebody p1ssed off constantly reading about how The Rangers are favourites to go up, then think about last night's result

:wink:

Peevemor
10-04-2015, 08:10 AM

Since the formation of the SPFL, the whole thing has been scrapped and the Stadium just needs to meet safety requirements.

OK cheers.

Dublin07
10-04-2015, 08:47 AM

I wasnt at the 2 away games we lost but both home games were lost due to missed chances. We have murdered Falkirk both times we played them at Easter Road. Falkirks 4 points was down to mistakes by players and bad luck. We should have won both games by at least 2 goals. On Saturday we were terrible for 50 minutes but still could have won if we had taken our chances.
The aggregate of league matches this season against our likely play off opponents are

Hibs 3 QOS 3

Hibs 9 Rangers 3

Hibs 3 Falkirk 5

None of this points to the others having far superior Managers IMO.

emerald green
10-04-2015, 06:24 PM

Are you referring to Tynecastle here? There surely must be a question mark over that old ramshackle stand?

Can you imagine them getting a knock back now? :greengrin

crash
10-04-2015, 08:01 PM
It will depend on we're the first leg is played, get a result in Dumfries and we could play on the counter attack at ER

That sounds like a really good idea with our defence, is that you Stubbsy?

Hermit Crab
10-04-2015, 08:06 PM
I think we are more than capable of beating them over two legs in a playoff.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2015, 09:20 PM

That's Hearts knackered for next season then.

Forza Fred
11-04-2015, 12:37 AM
If we play to our best ablilities then we will have any side in this league on toast, and that goes for the majority of teams above us.
People need to stop kidding on that this team is not as good as it thinks it is. We have great players and some top goals scorers - Cummings will be one of the hottest properties in Scottish football within a couple of years.
The problem this season has been inconsistency.

But to be considered a 'great player' does one not have to have demonstrated a degree of sufficient consistency to be so considered?