PDA

View Full Version : Scotland v Qatar at Easter Road June 5th

CB_NO3
09-04-2015, 04:25 PM
As it says on the tin. Nice wee money spinner?

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsCategoryID=6&newsID=14586

DH1875
09-04-2015, 04:29 PM
Why are we even playing Qatar?

Golden Bear
09-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Why are we even playing Qatar?

Surely it will be far too hot in June?

iwasthere1972
09-04-2015, 05:09 PM
It's so that Qatar can get to find out what it's like playing in the winter.

Bristolhibby
09-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Apparently because of this game we cannot make pot 2 for World Cup qualification.

By not playing the game and beating Ireland, we were pretty much guaranteed pot 2.

Not sure who makes these decisions, surely employing somebody to analyse rankings and set up opposition that set the team and gives us a good chance of getting into higher qualifying pots is a must.

J

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Apparently because of this game we cannot make pot 2 for World Cup qualification.

By not playing the game and beating Ireland, we were pretty much guaranteed pot 2.

Not sure who makes these decisions, surely employing somebody to analyse rankings and set up opposition that set the team and gives us a good chance of getting into higher qualifying pots is a must.

J

If that's true somebody needs sacked. Unless of course my theory that the SFA are sucking up to the Qataris to try and get an off the shelf replacement for Hampdump after the Qatar world cup is true. You heard it here first.

In the meantime Hibs as hosts should take the opportunity to kiss a few desert bums ourselves ... there's oceans of cash to be had :greengrin

Bristolhibby
09-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Just done some reading.

Sounds like we will get into pot 2, providing we win both games. Doable.

@We_Global: @ScotlandStewart @ScottishFA just did some calcs. Scotland still controls own destiny, but not w a loss to Qatar. Must get points.

J

greenginger
09-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Any chance we can get a couple of the oil-shieks to sign up to our share plan.

Just get them to tick the box for £ 125k / month. They'll never miss it.

California-Hibs
09-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Am I not right in thinking we could have a Play-Off game in this week?!

SteveHFC
10-04-2015, 12:03 AM

Most likely mate.

frazeHFC
10-04-2015, 12:12 AM
Vauxhall International Challenge Match sounds too crickety.

monktonharp
10-04-2015, 12:31 AM

Just get them to tick the box for £ 125k / month. They'll never miss it.we just need a couple of landowners/pig farmers from Surrey to invest. that's where all the new oil money is. a bit like the Clampits, that family of poor mountaineers . Texas Gold, and all that.:wink:

oneone73
10-04-2015, 06:22 AM

If we're in the Premiership playoff final, the second leg is away.

DH1875
10-04-2015, 07:07 AM

When are the playoff games? Think the Scotland game is the friday night so don't think they clash.

Big_Franck
10-04-2015, 09:20 AM
If that's true somebody needs sacked. Unless of course my theory that the SFA are sucking up to the Qataris to try and get an off the shelf replacement for Hampdump after the Qatar world cup is true. You heard it here first.

In the meantime Hibs as hosts should take the opportunity to kiss a few desert bums ourselves ... there's oceans of cash to be had :greengrin

:rotflmao:

steakbake
10-04-2015, 09:27 AM
A good opportunity got a protest against workers conditions in Qatar and FIFAs corruption....

Keith_M
10-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Do the Qatari's slaves get in for half-price?

How about women, are they banned for the day or is the dress code strictly Burkas only?

Carheenlea
10-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Do the Qatari's slaves get in for half-price?

How about women, are they banned for the day or is the dress code strictly Burkas only?

If Anne Budge is going to attend, I'd insist she wore a burka.

NAE NOOKIE
10-04-2015, 10:38 AM
A good opportunity got a protest against workers conditions in Qatar and FIFAs corruption....

On a serious note that's exactly what we should do :aok:

Hibernian Verse
10-04-2015, 10:54 AM
On a serious note Petrie better be inviting a shed load of rich Qataris as his match guests.

steakbake
10-04-2015, 11:32 AM
On a serious note that's exactly what we should do :aok:

Agreed! Where do we start...

Bad Martini
10-04-2015, 11:36 AM
On a serious note Petrie better be inviting a shed load of rich Qataris as his match guests.

I seem to recall we played (and skelped 3-0) Canada at Easter Road...I don't recall any influx of mounties or maple syrup afterwards.

As for Petrie...have you HEARD his patter with match guests? How to win friends and influence people? Hmmm. I think not.

(Will take investment from any rich folk from anywhere all the same :thumbsup:)

Mathias Jack
10-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Most likely mate.

Maybe not, loan/short term contracts expire at the end of May. Play offs can't run into June for that reason...just going by what was in the press recently.

CallumLaidlaw
10-04-2015, 11:48 AM
Maybe not, loan/short term contracts expire at the end of May. Play offs can't run into June for that reason...just going by what was in the press recently.

If we or Falkirk get to the cup final and play off final, it will HAVE to run into June.

superfurryhibby
10-04-2015, 12:05 PM
I predict a record low attendance for a Scotland game.

Another blow for the footballing integrity of the SFA, I'm embarrassed that we will host them, given the human rights issues in Qatar. Does anyone on here actually want to see this game?

SteveHFC
10-04-2015, 12:08 PM

Another blow for the footballing integrity of the SFA, I'm embarrassed that we will host them, given the human rights issues in Qatar. Does anyone on here actually want to see this game?

Good excuse for a night out uptown afterwards :na na:

Bishop Hibee
10-04-2015, 12:15 PM

I'll go if it is priced right as it's just up the road. Qatar has civil rights issues but so do lots of other countries Scotland play. Would you boycott if we were playing Russia, the Ukraine or Israel?

Jamesie
10-04-2015, 12:18 PM
I seem to recall we played (and skelped 3-0) Canada at Easter Road...I don't recall any influx of mounties or maple syrup afterwards.

True - but then this - http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other-football/sfa-agree-partnership-link-up-with-world-cup-hosts-qatar-198182n.119048854 - hadn't happened a few months before that game.

Mathias Jack
10-04-2015, 12:55 PM
If we or Falkirk get to the cup final and play off final, it will HAVE to run into June.

Do you work for the SPFL/SFA and know this is 110% gospel?

If you do...i'll happily take my comments back

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/spfl/fixture-pile-up-a-shambles-all-round-1.849496

Here's the article I was referring to....

superfurryhibby
10-04-2015, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=Bishop Hibee;4343764]I'll go if it is priced right as it's just up the road. Qatar has civil rights issues but so do lots of other countries Scotland play. Would you boycott if we were playing Russia, the Ukraine or Israel?[/

I suppose I see the game v Qatar as being linked to erse licking corruption in the game, that taints the fixture further.

Crowd of under 10,000 and probably way less. Utterly pointless fixture.

I've still not forgiven the SFA for playing Chile in 1977!

CallumLaidlaw
10-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Do you work for the SPFL/SFA and know this is 110% gospel?

If you do...i'll happily take my comments back

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/spfl/fixture-pile-up-a-shambles-all-round-1.849496

Here's the article I was referring to....

I don't, no. But, with the Prem finishing on the 23rd May, there's no way they could cram both legs of a play off final into the 6 days before one of those teams appear in the showpiece Cup Final. I don't see how they could possibly avoid one or 2 of these games spilling over to June.

portycabbage
10-04-2015, 09:50 PM

Just get them to tick the box for £ 125k / month. They'll never miss it.

We'd need to be carefull, as any more than two sheiks is a w^nk.

Lucius Apuleius
11-04-2015, 03:40 PM
Don't think politics should come into football any more than religion should.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-04-2015, 04:09 PM

I think they've got to sit 10 rows behind their husbands. :wink:

Scott Allan Key
12-04-2015, 12:53 AM
What a load of pig-ignorant banter on this thread. I'm hope it won't be reflected in the crowd response to the Gulf players. You lot are no better than those you are slagging and some of you know better. Cheap shots and if I heard that directed at my wife or my family I hope you'd be banned from Easter Road.