PDA

View Full Version : St Mirren Manager Admits defeat In Relegation Battle

Keith_M
08-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Gary Teale has apparently gave up the ghost in the battle against relegation and believes his club are as good as relegated already (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-boss-gary-teale-5476649)

<ignore this nonsense below, I wrote it without putting my brain in gear :wink:>

Sounds like whoever wins the right to play them in the Play Offs has very little to worry about. Yet another reason the Hibs players need to get the finger out.

scoopyboy
08-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Gary Teale has apparently gave up the ghost in the battle against relegation and believes his club are as good as relegated already (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-boss-gary-teale-5476649)

Sounds like whoever wins the right to play them in the Play Offs has very little to worry about. Yet another reason the Hibs players need to get the finger out.

Only flaw is they will be automatically relegated and will not feature in the play offs.

DJ HIBBY
08-04-2015, 11:24 AM

Unfortunately they now are virtually guaranteed automatic relegation so no play-offs.

Keith_M
08-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Unfortunately they now are virtually guaranteed automatic relegation so no play-offs.

Oops, that's true

Waxy
08-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Most likely Ross co Motherwell or Partick for the playoff.

Ronniekirk
08-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Most likely Ross co Motherwell or Partick for the playoff.
County and motherwell finding form at the right time and have momentum Thistle will do well to avoid dropping into play off position although when it's dog eat dog and they are all playing each other a few draws here is likely but Thistle haven't looked like stringing a run of wins together

silverhibee
08-04-2015, 12:08 PM
County and motherwell finding form at the right time and have momentum Thistle will do well to avoid dropping into play off position although when it's dog eat dog and they are all playing each other a few draws here is likely but Thistle haven't looked like stringing a run of wins together

3 tough teams to beat if we come up against one of them, that's if we get that far.. :greengrin

portycabbage
08-04-2015, 02:41 PM

Not impossible that even Hamilton could end up in the play-offs if they drop out of the top 6 and their winless run continues.

snooky
08-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Not impossible that even Hamilton could end up in the play-offs if they drop out of the top 6 and their winless run continues.

Wouldn't it be strange if we got to the play offs and met Accies.

Deja vu all over again .... :dizzy:

jacomo
08-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Wouldn't it be strange if we got to the play offs and met Accies.

Deja vu all over again .... :dizzy:

Win the first leg 2-0 and we'll be fine.

CockneyRebel
08-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Win the first leg 2-0 and we'll be fine.

Boom Boom

BS44
08-04-2015, 04:19 PM
That club must regret letting Danny Lennon leave at the end of his contract. And then giving Tommy Craig the job.....

Ronniekirk
08-04-2015, 04:41 PM
3 tough teams to beat if we come up against one of them, that's if we get that far.. :greengrin
Tonight's result will hopefully confirm we are back on track for play offs ,but I have always said injuries and Suspenions with the small squad we have could work against us and that's before you then throw into the mix the team taking a collective dose of the Jitters.
Guess it makes things more exciting for the run in and we have a Scottish Cup Semi to look forward to Five games into the new Season I wouldn't of been predicting that based on performances so all is not lost But we need to remain unbeaten in our next three games To have Cummings and Malonga not scoring at the same time is not something we have been used to and stubbs needs to now work out a formation tonight minus some key players to conjur up the first of these results :agree:

Sir David Gray
08-04-2015, 04:52 PM
Must admit I found Teale's comments last night a bit strange.

What he's saying is probably accurate and they probably are doomed after such a heavy defeat last night but it's not something I would expect a manager to say.

eastterrace
08-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Must admit I found Teale's comments last night a bit strange.

What he's saying is probably accurate and they probably are doomed after such a heavy defeat last night but it's not something I would expect a manager to say.

did you see the gutless display, thats why he said it they were bad and i mean baaaaad

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-04-2015, 05:56 PM
They could be down for a while.