PDA

View Full Version : Where would this team finish in the Premier League?

Hibrandenburg
08-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Following on from the "Have we improved?" thread, where would we be sitting in the top league with this team?

Apart from Saturday I've only seen us on the box and going from what I saw we'd be struggling to stay up. Thoughts?

SaulGoodman
08-04-2015, 10:36 AM
Bottom six but safe. And then improve the next season.

No danger are we worse than St Mirren, Partick and the likes

CallumLaidlaw
08-04-2015, 10:40 AM
i think based on our performances against Dundee utd, Hearts, Rangers, and looking at the likes of Partick, Dundee, St Johnstone, Hamilton (after Alex Neil) I could see us in that mix for 5th to 7th place at the minute.

ScottB
08-04-2015, 10:44 AM
i think based on our performances against Dundee utd, Hearts, Rangers, and looking at the likes of Partick, Dundee, St Johnstone, Hamilton (after Alex Neil) I could see us in that mix for 5th to 7th place at the minute.

But then is it not worthwhile considering our performances against Falkirk, QoS, Raith etc?

I think we'd be bumbling along in the bottom 6, much as we have been for years.

Keith_M
08-04-2015, 10:54 AM
But then is it not worthwhile considering our performances against Falkirk, QoS, Raith etc?

Probably this, but we've got to start somewhere.

The whole football culture at Hibs needed overhauled and Stubbs and his coaching team has basically started from scratch. Finishing in the bottom half of the Premier would be acceptable in the first season, as long as we'd progressed further the season after.

AndyM_1875
08-04-2015, 10:54 AM
We'd be in the bottom 6 and so would Hearts.

Steve20
08-04-2015, 10:56 AM
About 9th or 10th.

CallumLaidlaw
08-04-2015, 11:02 AM

And if Hamilton, Dundee, Partick, St Johnstone were to swap places with us now, do you think they wouldn't drop any points against these teams?

Keith_M
08-04-2015, 11:10 AM
And if Hamilton, Dundee, Partick, St Johnstone were to swap places with us now, do you think they wouldn't drop any points against these teams?

Yes.

Brightside
08-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Following on from the "Have we improved?" thread, where would we be sitting in the top league with this team?

Apart from Saturday I've only seen us on the box and going from what I saw we'd be struggling to stay up. Thoughts?

Current squad.... top 6. two more players top 3 I dont t5hink there is much difference between bottom 6 in prem and top 5 in Champ.

jacomo
08-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Current squad.... top 6. two more players top 3 I dont t5hink there is much difference between bottom 6 in prem and top 5 in Champ.

:agree:

We effectively gave our rivals a two month head start this season as we got our house in order. Without that, Hearts wouldn't be champs yet, we'd be above The Rangers and, who knows, we might have a more resilient and confident team.

J-C
08-04-2015, 11:25 AM
We still lack some steeliness and a real cutting edge up top, we'd be mid table as we would lose too many stupid games for our own good, it's happened this season aleady with saturday past being a good example.

My_Wife_Camille
08-04-2015, 12:47 PM
If you had asked this question in January I would have said comfortably mid table, around 5th-7th. As the season ha progressed though I think we'd be between 8th-11th and close to another play off tie.

TheHarpy76
08-04-2015, 12:55 PM
We wouldn't be battling against relegation but we wouldn't be challenging for a European place either.

Smartie
08-04-2015, 01:01 PM
It's a hard one to call.

We've done quite well against teams that have come out and played against us and struggled against teams who have packed their defences. More teams would probably take us on in the Premier League, which would suit us, but there are still a few who would park the bus.

There is no difference in quality between the likes of Falkirk, QoS and Raith and about 3/4 of the Premier League imo but these are the teams we've struggled against the most.

We did start the season badly though which was not surprising given where we were when we finished last season. I think that whilst we didn't exactly get our act together quickly we managed it quicker in the Championship (remember the late winner at ER vs Cowdenbeath, needing Oxley to score vs Livingston etc) than we would have done in the Premier League.

A few dodgy results against Ross County, St Mirren and the like and I could have seen us hounding Stubbs out before Christmas tbh, considering how much he's getting with us still being in the running or promotion via the play-offs and still in the Scottish Cup.

Turkish Green
08-04-2015, 01:36 PM
If Hibs started off in the Premiership as it did in the Championship I do not see the run of 1 loss in 27 games occurring.

Certainly unlikely to rise above the bottom six and maybe fighting off a Play-off place.

Playing against full-time teams in the Premiership does make a difference as opposed to the likes of Alloa, Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath, etc.

B.H.F.C
08-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Majority of our points have come against the bottom 4 teams in this league. We've basically struggled against the full time teams and all the teams in the Premiership are full time.

Individually we have good players and I think that would see us safe. But I still think we are a fair bit away from challenging if we were to be promoted.

jodjam
08-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Absolutely no idea as hardly seen any premier games this season and some of the teams have different personnel from last year.

erskine-hibby
08-04-2015, 07:48 PM
10th - 7th IMHO

ancient hibee
08-04-2015, 08:51 PM

Don't be silly-our lack of pace will catch us out big time.

Scottie
08-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Think we would struggle big time as not enough cutting edge in the Championship never mind the Premier league.

high bee
08-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Probably 5-7th.

I think the fact we struggled against Falkirk and QoS is more down to them playing very defensive and we struggle to break teams down, if they played a bit more offensively it would create gaps.

They have also been fired up against us as we are considered a big team in this league (we're considered a normal game in the prem, imo)

I also think they are just as good if not better than St Mirren, Partick etc.

eastmainsmsh
08-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Think top six just

H18 SFR
08-04-2015, 09:25 PM

I am confident we would definitely finish above St Mirren, so 10th/11th for me.

erin go bragh
08-04-2015, 09:28 PM
Majority of our points have come against the bottom 4 teams in this league. We've basically struggled against the full time teams and all the teams in the Premiership are full time.

Individually we have good players and I think that would see us safe. But I still think we are a fair bit away from challenging if we were to be promoted.
9pts off sevco . Played the other cheats off the park last twice . Very unlucky to lose on pens against a full strenth Utd team that were flying at that time .
Easy top six imo. !

GGTTH

db03
09-04-2015, 07:11 AM
are people here forgetting how bad the premiership is just now!
playing against these "smaller teams" can be difficult. They raise their game and a lot of the time we get drawn down to their level.

Id say we would be very comfortable in the spl with this squad, easy top 6!