PDA

View Full Version : Free antivirus

HibbyAndy
08-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Anyone recommend a free anti virus software ? I'm with malware bytes but it's just expired and i'm no paying to renew..I'm getting zillions of pop ups and it's very very frustrating.

Ta :aok:

HibbyAndy
08-04-2015, 10:49 AM
With bit defender sorry..This is getting worse every time i go to click on a new tab its coming up with pop ups..Also just had a warning saying my pc may have a virus and to phone this 0800 number and when i clicked off it, It came up with a womans voice telling me to phone :confused:

lord bunberry
08-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Anyone recommend a free anti virus software ? I'm with malware bytes but it's just expired and i'm no paying to renew..I'm getting zillions of pop ups and it's very very frustrating.

Ta :aok:
I used to use Microsoft essentials which worked pretty well and was free.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-04-2015, 01:01 PM
This works well for me on Google Chrome (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom)

HibbyAndy
08-04-2015, 03:29 PM
Cheers Hutchy it works a treat :aok:..Only problem i have now is i can't quote anyone as you can't see there text in the box when you click on 'quote' Computer playing funnny buggers the day !

sleeping giant
08-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Uninstall your current version of malware bytes and download the free version and run it again.
You obviously have malware that needs removed .
After you have done that download AVG free version and make sure when installing these that you untick any free toolbars etc. then run it.
You really should have an antivirus Andy. You can't just use malware bytes on it own.

FFS man , how long you had a computer ?
You would be better with an abacus :greengrin:

HibbyAndy
08-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Ken J :greengrin

I had malware bytes and bit defender and thought that was enough ? I now have the AVG thingy but its only free for 30 days

sleeping giant
08-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Ken J :greengrin

I had malware bytes and bit defender and thought that was enough ? I now have the AVG thingy but its only free for 30 days

That's because you have installed the full licence version or started a trail version.
Free version is free.
You really need to look at what you are installing when it's installing.
I have a feeling you just click , yes , next , yes , next , yes :greengrin:

lyonhibs
08-04-2015, 09:25 PM
That's because you have installed the full licence version or started a trail version.
Free version is free.
You really need to look at what you are installing when it's installing.
I have a feeling you just click , yes , next , yes , next , yes :greengrin:

Hahaha NO!? You horrible doubting Thomas. I daresay Andy is a PC whizz just after he's sorted out how to successfully book and fly with Easyjet...... :greengrin:

HibbyAndy
09-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Its now only hibs.net that i'm getting pop ups every other website is fine :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Cheers Hutchy it works a treat :aok:..Only problem i have now is i can't quote anyone as you can't see there text in the box when you click on 'quote' Computer playing funnny buggers the day !

I meant to add that its just an add blocker, you'll still need virus protection.