PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth and Tranmere: clubs going in different directions

Hibernia&Alba
06-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Just having a look at the league tables as we approach the crunch time of the season, and Bournemouth and Tranmere stick out to me.

Tranmere are in real danger of being relegated from the football league. It was only a few years ago they were making play offs for a place in the Premier League, but have endured some terrible times recently: relegated from League One last season and now second bottom of League Two.

Bournemouth, on the other hand, might be an EPL club next season, which would be incredible. Am I right in thinking they have the smallest stadium and budget in the Championship? I'm sure I heard that somewhere. Getting to the EPL could set them up financially or years, if they were to use the income wisely. I hope they do it.

Stranraer
06-04-2015, 09:15 PM
I'd love to see Bournemouth in the Premiership, did they not receive a huge takeover? Brentford are just outside the play offs and they must have a smaller budget but it looks like they might just miss out. Very interesting times in the lower leagues down south, Tranmere have nosedived as have Blackpool - the first team to be relegated in England after Rotherham's win.

Also, Yeovil Town were in the Championship last season and now they are staring at League 2!

Hibernia&Alba
06-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Aye, Brentford are certainly one of the smaller Championship clubs and have done really well this season. According to Wiki, their stadium holds 12,300; Bournemouth's 12,000.

Hibernia&Alba
06-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Rotherham United have a capacity of 12,021; so Bournemouth do have the smallest stadium in the division by a tiny margin. What an achievement it would be to reach the EPL: this is only their second ever spell in the second tier, and they've never played in the top division.

Kaff
06-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Bournemouth were in and out of administration relatively recently so I suppose it depends how you view a clubs use of it in their rebuilding?
No doubt Eddie Howe has done tremendously well regardless of the background though and although Brentford have had a large cash injection over the last few seasons and does adjust their budget their rise through the leagues has also been good

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2015, 12:56 AM
i see Bournemouth will not face any other team presently in the top ten in the remaining 5 games, chances

The_Exile
07-04-2015, 01:53 AM
Used to go to Griffin Park a lot whilst in London. Fantastic team, fantastic stadium with a pub on each corner and brilliant fans. A proper fitba club that has also suffered some grim times in recent memory so really chuffed to see them up there. Come on you bees!

HibbyAndy
07-04-2015, 04:37 AM
Come on the Canaries !!

Aldo
07-04-2015, 06:53 AM
Eddie Howe has done a superb job with the Cherries. Unbelievable League at the moment very very tight at the top!!

BT58
07-04-2015, 07:01 AM
Didnt EH have them on a great run before then leave the bees and they nose dived then they took him back and theyve went from strength to strength.

Hermit Crab
07-04-2015, 07:58 AM
Didn't think Bournemouth's stadium was big enough for the epl? Brentfords certainly does not meet the criteria for the premier league.

Bobby's Cinema
07-04-2015, 08:02 AM
And if they get there, they will receive the sort of money in one season that would carry us for a lifetime

LancashireHibby
07-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Didn't think Bournemouth's stadium was big enough for the epl? Brentfords certainly does not meet the criteria for the premier league.
There isn't any criteria on stadium size, it just needs to be all seater within a set period (clubs have three years once promoted to the Championship so next season would be Brentford's second year of the three, though they're looking to move grounds anyway) and satisfy requirements for filming in HD etc and various other minor things.

Bournemouth have exactly got quite a wealthy owner so haven't exactly done it on the cheap, plus they made a decent wedge from a sell on clause when Lallana went to Liverpool. Still, I've seen them a couple of times at Bolton and they're a really good footballing side and Howe seems a good fit for them.

essexhibee
07-04-2015, 09:48 PM

Brentford ground is cracking. Proper old school football stadium on top of the pitch. Good away day out :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
07-04-2015, 11:11 PM
I will be down in Liverpool on the 2nd of May .. Tranmere's last game of the season is home to Bury that day, hoping to go along, could be a massive game.