PDA

View Full Version : NHC Malky Mackay

Pretty Boy
06-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Sacked with Wigan 8 points adrift of Fulham and Rotherham and 5 games left.

Good to see all that controversy was worth it for Wigan.

Shame.

Hibernia&Alba
06-04-2015, 06:57 PM
He'll be on twitter later, blaming Jews, women and gays for his sacking :-D

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2015, 07:01 PM
I hope they take Millwall down with them.

Wilson
06-04-2015, 07:51 PM
On a hiding to nothing with that job really. I doubt he had unanimous support for a start. Hopefully he'll get another shot at redemption - next time after the charges levelled against him have been answered for.

Baader
06-04-2015, 11:43 PM
Disaster for Wigan. Started off horrendously and didn't get any better. Don't think McKay even a won home game. His stock has dropped drastically and still being investigated by the FA.

nellio
07-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Was great at Cardiff but was given money to spend and time to forge a team. Had the players running through walls for each other.

Pit about the whole text scandle but his management at Cardiff was top notch IMO. Not given any moeny with Wigan and not a lot of time so struggled. Question is will he be able to get another job now??

sesoim
07-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Was great at Cardiff but was given money to spend and time to forge a team. Had the players running through walls for each other.

Pit about the whole text scandle but his management at Cardiff was top notch IMO. Not given any moeny with Wigan and not a lot of time so struggled. Question is will he be able to get another job now??

I think anyone would have struggled with the Wigan job. They have been artificially propped up for years, and League One is probably the correct league for them. As for MacKay, it seems like he snapped at the chance to manage them because he was worried he might not get another chance. He'd have been better taking a break or going abroad, maybe to a country that is a little less maniacally pc.

nellio
08-04-2015, 09:17 AM
I think anyone would have struggled with the Wigan job. They have been artificially propped up for years, and League One is probably the correct league for them. As for MacKay, it seems like he snapped at the chance to manage them because he was worried he might not get another chance. He'd have been better taking a break or going abroad, maybe to a country that is a little less maniacally pc.

Agree with you. Bit Dave Wheelans hand off to take that job at a time where he was still under investigation by the FA. Still is I believe. Also agree about the Wigan job being very difficult. Not even sure Joes Mourinho would have done much better!! I think he will be facing a long period out now.

Wouldnt surprise me if he gets a job up here thats less high profile if one becomes available.

jacomo
08-04-2015, 03:39 PM

Nothing PC about it. His racist banter about his chairman and agents went public. Prospective employers might ignore the racism, but not his habit for mocking people he works with. I think McKay is finished.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-04-2015, 05:46 PM
Everything that comes out of Wigan right now appears to be bad news. Think that they have had their day in the sun, albeit for a good few seasons and now they are skittering back to obscurity.