PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan + Fraser Fyvie

cameronw-hfc
06-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Does anyone else feel, Allan in particular is too creative for his own good? Whilst I think Allan is terrific and despite a drop in form he's still involved in nearly every goal, I get the feeling that he is expecting runs that aren't happening which is making him look worse.

Dundee Utd and Rangers came and really had a go at us, which opened up space and Allan picked out every single pass he could, but at times its as if he is seeing the passes but nobody else is. Fyvie to an extent as well. Similar to Vaz Te in his spell with us.

Turkish Green
06-04-2015, 01:00 PM
I was of an opinion that Michael Stewart's footballing brain was at least one pass ahead of his team mates which made his passes look mistimed. I feel that Allan's brain at times is ahead of the game. Unfortunately opposition teams have now sussed how to stifle Hibs by squeezing Allan and stopping the flow of the game as Hibs do not have a midfield alternative.

lyonhibs
06-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Does anyone else feel, Allan in particular is too creative for his own good? Whilst I think Allan is terrific and despite a drop in form he's still involved in nearly every goal, I get the feeling that he is expecting runs that aren't happening which is making him look worse.

Dundee Utd and Rangers came and really had a go at us, which opened up space and Allan picked out every single pass he could, but at times its as if he is seeing the passes but nobody else is. Fyvie to an extent as well. Similar to Vaz Te in his spell with us.

It sounds rather as if what you're saying is that the rest of the team is too dullen and unimaginative for Allan's good. There's no such thing as "too much" creativity unless that creativity is manifesting itself in effectively greediness and trying to pull of ridiculous passes.

I don't know if that's what's happening with Allen or not, but either the players in front of/around him need to up their game or he needs to become more of a team player.

Edit: Although a mate, now an empolyee of the club so I shall name no names, once came out with the immortal line that Ross "King of Pointing" Chisholm's football brain was excellent, just the players around him didn't have the same sharpness (or words to that effect) so one man's "advanced footballing brian" can be another man's "rank rotten player" :-P

cameronw-hfc
06-04-2015, 01:14 PM
I think it's a lack of movement from the forwards. However Allan wasn't in the squad week in week out when Farid was fit so maybe Farid and Jason could supply the runs.

I think for Allan to flourish we need Boyle. He can really get in behind and chase Allen's passes and hopefully help the strikers remain in the box. Gives us the option of pace out wide, and through balls to strikers, and also crosses. Right now we have overlapping full backs floating poor crosses in, or Jason doing all Malonga's running.

Northernhibee
06-04-2015, 01:49 PM
He looks for the million dollar pass when it's not on too often.

J-C
06-04-2015, 02:34 PM
He looks for the million dollar pass because of such little movement ahead of him, something that was so apparent on saturday, Malonga being the worst culprit.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2015, 02:45 PM
A l l a n.

jacomo
06-04-2015, 05:27 PM
From what I've seen Allan has technical ability but his decision making isn't great.

On Saturday, Allan had loads of the ball but used it poorly. Lewis had lots is space down the left and got well forward often, but rarely got the ball and then had to retreat. Allan should have seen that - instead he'd get the ball, control it, turn inside and try to go on a run.

When someone else had the ball he rarely seemed to get himself into good positions.

I like his attitude and ability but far from the finished article IMO.

Hermit Crab
06-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Too often it's the Scott Allan show with the World Cup passes and trying to beat 3 or 4 men. Just do the simple things first.

Fyvie gets stuck in and likes a 50/50, drives forward, makes space and tries to bring his team mates into play. I like him!

GreenCastle
06-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Allen over Fyfie - I agree Allen often gets ball and is waiting take movement ahead or wide and it doesn't happen.

He's our most creative player - Fyfie - can't work out - talent and can pass the ball but think Dylan Allen Robertson play better together when all fit.

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2015, 05:52 PM
A l l a n.

:agree:

F y v i e

Hibeewilly
06-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Allan is streets ahead in our team in terms of creativity - lets enjoy him while we can. First name on the team sheet in midfield for me - a no brainer

GreenArmyyy!
06-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Does anyone else feel, Allan in particular is too creative for his own good? Whilst I think Allen is terrific and despite a drop in form he's still involved in nearly every goal, I get the feeling that he is expecting runs that aren't happening which is making him look worse.

Completely agree with this. I actually thought Doyle was a bit like that with us. He seemed to make runs and get in to positions that our midfield at the time didn't/couldn't take advantage of.

Northernhibee
06-04-2015, 07:03 PM
He looks for the million dollar pass because of such little movement ahead of him, something that was so apparent on saturday, Malonga being the worst culprit.

A pass is only worth making if there's going to be someone on the end of it, Scott looks for the through ball far too often, and he often has options from our wing backs. By constantly going for the killer through ball it narrows our play and makes us a bit more predictable.

Don't get me wrong, Allan is a fantastic player but I think his play can be a bit selfish at times. I'd love to see him pay it out wide that bit more often if the through ball isn't on.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2015, 07:15 PM
I felt sorry for Allan in the last The Rangers game @ ER, the movement in front of him was non-existant.

B.H.F.C
06-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Allan looked like the only player who might do something on Saturday.

I agree he can be frustrating at times but it's something you need to put up with, with a player like him. With his ability he would be nowhere near Hibs if he did the right things all the time. Give me Scott Allan trying (and sometimes failing) things over the collection of midfielders Fenlon signed that never played a forward pass in their lives.

I just think there is too many similar players in the middle of the park at the moment and we don't have any width other than our full backs. it's just all become a bit predictable I think.

theonlywayisup
06-04-2015, 08:07 PM
From what I've seen Allan has technical ability but his decision making isn't great.

On Saturday, Allan had loads of the ball but used it poorly. Lewis had lots is space down the left and got well forward often, but rarely got the ball and then had to retreat. Allan should have seen that - instead he'd get the ball, control it, turn inside and try to go on a run.

When someone else had the ball he rarely seemed to get himself into good positions.

I like his attitude and ability but far from the finished article IMO.

The boy is class. However on Saturday he would beat two players which must mean if my maths is correct that we should have a spare man somewhere on the pitch. The fact that he didn't find that player was either due to Allan not playing the right pass or our free player not making most of his space.

You choose! I know I was getting annoyed at Allan not playing the simple pass on a couple of occasions.

Jonnyboy
06-04-2015, 09:16 PM
The boy is class. However on Saturday he would beat two players which must mean if my maths is correct that we should have a spare man somewhere on the pitch. The fact that he didn't find that player was either due to Allan not playing the right pass or our free player not making most of his space.

You choose! I know I was getting annoyed at Allan not playing the simple pass on a couple of occasions.

Agreed. This was most obvious when Watson failed to do a "David Gray" by offering the run that allows Allan to play the ball inside the defending full back. Watson did it once, Allan found him with the perfect pass but it never happened again