PDA

View Full Version : the coward mccullogh

chinaman
06-04-2015, 08:29 AM
See this slimeball at the elbow use again,is it not a serious offense ? Or is it "big jigs" indominatable will to win. The fat xxxx should be sine died

Geo_1875
06-04-2015, 09:04 AM
He does it twice per game and gets pulled up twice a season. If he played for St Mirren or Hamilton he'd be hounded out of the game.

Diclonius
06-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Rangers have done everything they can to stop him from doing it, so he shouldn't be sent off.

Scorrie
06-04-2015, 09:25 AM
One of the most detestable footballers ever. Utter bawbag

Del Boy
06-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Sooner he retires the better. Brings nothing atall to the game, goes out to seriously injure players. Thug.

DH1875
06-04-2015, 09:29 AM
He does it twice per game and gets pulled up twice a season. If he played for St Mirren or Hamilton he'd be hounded out of the game.

Yip, look at Jim Goodwin for example.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Michael Stewart didnae hold back when abusing him for it, it was actually quite refreshing to hear/see.

brog
06-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Yip, look at Jim Goodwin for example.

Yep, if they swapped clubs Goodwin would get 1 red every 5 years & LM would be off every other week. Fair play to Bobby Madden for spotting it & taking immediate action though.

Bostonhibby
06-04-2015, 11:02 AM
He is a not very good player who is being even more found out as he gets even slower. He compensates for lack of ability and pace by throwing as much violence about as the refs will let him do. It's unbelievable that he hasn't been sent off and fined even more. His club is a big ugly scar on the face of Scottish football and he sums up what they are currently about.

Refs and the authorities need to get a grip or they will be looking at an enquiry into a major injury before too long. He's not "hard" he's a classic coward and I look forward to someone giving him his comeuppance.

jane_says
06-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Have to say the referee did well to let play continue, then bring it back for a red card. Absolute coward, the worst in the Scottish game at the moment.

JimBHibees
06-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Rangers have done everything they can to stop him from doing it, so he shouldn't be sent off.

Superb.

The Green Goblin
06-04-2015, 12:02 PM

:greengrin

The Leith Dutch
06-04-2015, 12:12 PM

:D

Seveno
06-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Whilst it was good to see justice catching up with him at last, I was annoyed at the term 'leading by the arm' used by most of the commentators. Not only did he lead with the arm, there was then a deliberate smash with the elbow. It was an act of deliberate violence, similar to the thug Godwin, and worthy of Police prosecution.

Zazu62
06-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Has anyone got a video of the incident?

Billy Whizz
06-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Has anyone got a video of the incident?

Look on the bbc scotland website, highlights are on it

emerald green
06-04-2015, 02:50 PM
See this slimeball at the elbow use again,is it not a serious offense ? Or is it "big jigs" indominatable will to win. The fat xxxx should be sine died

The last professional footballer in Britain to be banned indefinitely for indiscipline on the field was the late Rangers captain Willie Woodburn. He was banned sine die in 1954 (before my time, but I remember my dad and his mates used to talk about it).

Many at the time felt the ban was very harsh as Woodburn wasn't considered a dirty player (unlike McCulloch). The SFA lifted the ban three years later, but by then it was too late for Woodburn. His career was over.

Considering what McCulloch (and others) have got away with in the modern game, in comparison with Woodburn they can consider themselves very lucky indeed to still be playing.

People like McCulloch are going to really seriously hurt a fellow professional unless the incompetents running our game start to take appropriate action to stamp this sort of stuff (use of the elbows) right out of the game. I won't be holding my breath though. A ban for a few games means nothing to someone like McCulloch who has made a mint out of the game, and is coming to the end of his career now anyway.

Zazu62
06-04-2015, 03:12 PM
He's taking the the piss now he's lucky he never seriously injured the hearts player!

1950's hibbie
06-04-2015, 03:47 PM
The last professional footballer in Britain to be banned indefinitely for indiscipline on the field was the late Rangers captain Willie Woodburn. He was banned sine die in 1954 (before my time, but I remember my dad and his mates used to talk about it).

Many at the time felt the ban was very harsh as Woodburn wasn't considered a dirty player (unlike McCulloch). The SFA lifted the ban three years later, but by then it was too late for Woodburn. His career was over.

Considering what McCulloch (and others) have got away with in the modern game, in comparison with Woodburn they can consider themselves very lucky indeed to still be playing.

People like McCulloch are going to really seriously hurt a fellow professional unless the incompetents running our game start to take appropriate action to stamp this sort of stuff (use of the elbows) right out of the game. I won't be holding my breath though. A ban for a few games means nothing to someone like McCulloch who has made a mint out of the game, and is coming to the end of his career now anyway.

If memory serves, after Woodburn was banned Rangers signed Telfer from St Mirren who was capable of duplicating everything Woodburn ever done.

emerald green
06-04-2015, 03:50 PM
If memory serves, after Woodburn was banned Rangers signed Telfer from St Mirren who was capable of duplicating everything Woodburn ever done.

That would not surprise me 1950's hibbie.

BTW did you see the Famous Five play by any chance?

1950's hibbie
06-04-2015, 06:08 PM
That would not surprise me 1950's hibbie.

BTW did you see the Famous Five play by any chance?

I sure did, and Tommy Younger when he got weekend leave from the army to play, also Hugh Howie who was no shrinking violet when it came to the heavy stuff. I started watching Hibs with Jimmy Kerr, Davy Shaw, Wullie Peat Jimmie Finnegan etc. I am one of the Easter Road one week, Tynecastle the next generation, saw some wonderful football Players, Billy Steel, Jimmy Mason, Alec Parker, Willie Macnaught, Alan Morrison, none of whom you probably ever heard of but all good Scottish boys playing for provincial clubs. I left Scotland quite early, and have not been back much, just like to keep in touch with what is happening in football.

emerald green
06-04-2015, 06:17 PM
I sure did, and Tommy Younger when he got weekend leave from the army to play, also Hugh Howie who was no shrinking violet when it came to the heavy stuff. I started watching Hibs with Jimmy Kerr, Davy Shaw, Wullie Peat Jimmie Finnegan etc. I am one of the Easter Road one week, Tynecastle the next generation, saw some wonderful football Players, Billy Steel, Jimmy Mason, Alec Parker, Willie Macnaught, Alan Morrison, none of whom you probably ever heard of but all good Scottish boys playing for provincial clubs. I left Scotland quite early, and have not been back much, just like to keep in touch with what is happening in football.

I recognise quite a few of those names from reading about them, and from listening to stories my father and his mates used to tell over a few beers. :aok: