PDA

View Full Version : Home form

3pm
05-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Figures on the left are the number of times we have played teams at ER this season (the top 6 minus Hibs).Right is the points gained.

Hertz - 1/1
Rangers 2/3
QOTS - 2/1
Falkirk - 2/1
Raith - 2/2

Games - 9 and points is 8.

Is this right? 8 points out of 27?!

matty_f
05-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Our home form isn't good. In fact, that's an understatement really.

Hibs had a great chance to sort out an abysmal home record that's deteriorated over the last few years and should have been putting Championship teams away at Easter Road fairly consistently.

As it happens we still aren't a great home side. We don't win nearly enough games at Easter Road.

hibs0666
05-04-2015, 09:54 PM
We are where we are. The time for post morterms is June and its all about doing our best over the next few weeks.

matty_f
05-04-2015, 09:57 PM
We are where we are. The time for post morterms is June and its all about doing our best over the next few weeks.

I agree with the sentiment but there's no harm in discussing the topic imho.

We're not out of anything and can still go up so I hope the players haven't written the season off as quickly as some supporters have (not necessarily on this thread, by the way).

Viva_Palmeiras
05-04-2015, 10:21 PM
It's not over til the fat striker scores - but we don't have one.

... Come in Dobster ... ;)

Sir David Gray
05-04-2015, 10:31 PM
Figures on the left are the number of times we have played teams at ER this season (the top 6 minus Hibs).Right is the points gained.

Hertz - 1/1
Rangers 2/3
QOTS - 2/1
Falkirk - 2/1
Raith - 2/2

Games - 9 and points is 8.

Is this right? 8 points out of 27?!

Yep that looks right to me.

Unfortunately our record against the full time teams in the Championship really hasn't been anywhere near good enough this season and will probably cost us second place.

Eyrie
05-04-2015, 10:53 PM

This is a live issue, so it needs addressed now and not after the season is over.

I'm just hoping Stubbs and the players can turn things round rather than expecting them to do so.

lucky
06-04-2015, 07:58 AM
We've got the 4th best home form in the league and 2nd best away form. So sitting 3rd is not that bad. I thought we would finish 3rd at the start of the season but still think we've hot a chance in play offs

lord bunberry
06-04-2015, 08:09 AM
Our form home and away hasn't been good enough, that's why we 3rd. The positive thing is that we're in the mix and still in the cup. The worrying thing is we are on a bad run at the wrong time.

Biggie
06-04-2015, 08:21 AM
I don't think hibs can play on such a big pitch.....you need real pace to get behind teams....and we don't have that.
Maybe that's a contributing factor...

BT58
06-04-2015, 08:43 AM
How many wins at home in the last 3/4 seasons ????
Fortress ER....my rss

matty_f
06-04-2015, 09:18 AM
We've got the 4th best home form in the league and 2nd best away form. So sitting 3rd is not that bad. I thought we would finish 3rd at the start of the season but still think we've hot a chance in play offs
I still fancy us to go up via the play-offs. An extra game isn't ideal but we can get through it.

bigwheel
06-04-2015, 09:46 AM
I still fancy us to go up via the play-offs. An extra game isn't ideal but we can get through it.

I love your level of confidence, I'm not anywhere near that level..we have a poor record against our likely challengers and the only one we did well against are now on a role..it would be a superb result to get through now...

Judas Iscariot
06-04-2015, 10:59 AM
How many wins at home in the last 3/4 seasons ????
Fortress ER....my rss

Some folk wonder why ER is empty too...

3pm
06-04-2015, 11:00 AM

When the home is there is black and white Matty, that's a big statement. I wish I was as confident!

emerald green
06-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Some folk wonder why ER is empty too...

The reason ER is more than half empty for most matches is because of those poor results and performances at ER for some years now.

Billy Whizz
06-04-2015, 03:47 PM

I would too, my only worry is an appearance in a potential Scottish cup final, between the 2 legs, may be a game too far