Hanlon
Fontaine (C)

Watson
Robertson
Allan
Craig
Stevenson

Cummings
El Alagui (even if it's only for the first half)

IrnBru22
05-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Watson has been terrible last few games

Brightside
05-04-2015, 04:06 PM
Few changes needed IMO.

Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine (C)

Watson
Robertson
Allan
Craig
Stevenson

Cummings
El Alagui (even if it's only for the first half)

Boyle in for Watson
If Dylan is fit id have him in before all of them.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Watson has been terrible last few games

:agree: Drop Allan as well.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Boyle in for Watson
If Dylan is fit id have him in before all of them.

Mcgeoch wont be fit for Wednesday.

Unseen work
05-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Oxley

Watson Fontaine Hanlon

Boyle Fyvie robertson Stevenson

Handling

El alagui. Cummings

Wheat Hound
05-04-2015, 04:29 PM
Cerny
Forster Fontaine Hanlon
Boyle Allan Robertson Stevenson
Craig
El Alagui Cummings

HH81
05-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Whatever the team there can be no excuses for not picking up 3 points.

Pretty Boy
05-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Fyvie

Robertson
Craig
Allan

El Alagui
Boyle

Billy Whizz
05-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Think we may 352 on Wednesday with Foster and Craig coming in, and possibly Boyle/Djedje playing wide right

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Think we may 352 on Wednesday with Foster and Craig coming in, and possibly Boyle/Djedje playing wide right

I hope not! :no way:

Billy Whizz
05-04-2015, 05:15 PM
I hopw not! :no way:

I think that's his best position, rather than up top, but thanks for your kind support of him HC

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 05:18 PM
I think that's his best position, rather than up top, but thanks for your kind support of him HC

Come on billy, he's not a name you'd have in the starting 11 every week is it! His performance against rangers was poor to say the least.

Hibeesmad
05-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Oxley

Watson
Hanlon
Fontaine

Boyle
Robertson
Allan
Fyvie
Stevenson

Malonga (since he's scored a hat trick there)
El Alagui

Billy Whizz
05-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Come on billy, he's not a name you'd have in the starting 11 every week is it! His performance against rangers was poor to say the least.

He was, but I said him/Boyle
Thought Djedje came to us an a right sided attacker, not an out and out striker. Still think he's got a part to play this season
Also think Fyvie is due a rest, looked knackered yesterday

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 05:45 PM
Thought Djedje came to us an a right sided attacker, not an out and out striker. Still think he's got a part to play this season

He will get another chance to impress from me, however he'sbeen written off by a few of the fans.

number9dream
05-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Dumbarton gubbed 3-0 at Cowdenbeath, playing with two midfielders in central defence. Blue Brazil went route one and demolished them...
Maybe worth starting with Farid and hoping Stevenson and Watson / Boyle can deliver a few good crosses.

J-C
05-04-2015, 07:05 PM
I'd go 4-2-3-1 as we don't need 3 CB's against Dumbarton

Ox

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Robertson
Fyvie

Boyle
Allan
Djedje/Cummings

Alagui

Ronniekirk
05-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Said before the Raith game that Fyfie looked like he has been carring a knock for weeks that impacts on him when he gets a heavy tackle and that he would need rested at some point .He hadnt been playing regular first team football till he came to us .

ancient hibee
05-04-2015, 07:08 PM
He will get another chance to impress from me, however he'sbeen written off by a few of the fans.

They'll be the same ones who wrote Griffiths off.

sbell1875
05-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Thinking of going to this on Wednesday.

Anyone know if there will be PATG? Can't load the official website on my phone browser.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 08:41 PM

Anyone know if there will be PATG? Can't load the official website on my phone browser.

Only got 700 tickets, if they're not sold out it's unlikely there will be a pay gate on Wednesday. Last time we played them we did not sell out but there was no pay gate.

Billy Whizz
05-04-2015, 08:41 PM

No announcement as yet, seem to be a few tickets left though

sbell1875
05-04-2015, 09:05 PM
I'll be going myself so can easily sit in the home section if it's PATG.

On our current I may have to "celebrate" goal(s) against us! :(

TheFamous1875
05-04-2015, 09:51 PM
I'd go 4-2-3-1 as we don't need 3 CB's against Dumbarton

Ox

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Robertson
Fyvie

Boyle
Allan
Djedje/Cummings

Alagui

Although I would be open to this, with the return of El-Alagui I think we have an arguement for going 4-3-3. We finally have a proper #9 as a target and a focus point and I'd like to see us use that option now that we have it. I'd probably go:

Oxley

Forster (if it fits him to play this role, seems more suited to CB - maybe Watson might benefit from playing in a 4-3-3?)
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGeouch (if available)
Robertson
Allan/Fyvie (probably opt for Allan and give Fyvie a rest)

Cummings (cutting in)
El-Alagui
Djedje/Malonga (whoever suits the role best - Djedje much quicker, although Malonga may benefit from freedom on the periphery - maybe Boyle would be best for this role with his pace?)

We need to start going for the jugular instead of pissing about outside the box...the amount of times we make an extra pass instead of taking the shot is sinful! I think having Farid as the focal point in the middle and having 'wide-strikers' cutting in could possibly encourage this more.

J-C
06-04-2015, 07:42 AM
Although I would be open to this, with the return of El-Alagui I think we have an arguement for going 4-3-3. We finally have a proper #9 as a target and a focus point and I'd like to see us use that option now that we have it. I'd probably go:

Oxley

Forster (if it fits him to play this role, seems more suited to CB - maybe Watson might benefit from playing in a 4-3-3?)
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGeouch (if available)
Robertson
Allan/Fyvie (probably opt for Allan and give Fyvie a rest)

Cummings (cutting in)
El-Alagui
Djedje/Malonga (whoever suits the role best - Djedje much quicker, although Malonga may benefit from freedom on the periphery - maybe Boyle would be best for this role with his pace?)

We need to start going for the jugular instead of pissing about outside the box...the amount of times we make an extra pass instead of taking the shot is sinful! I think having Farid as the focal point in the middle and having 'wide-strikers' cutting in could possibly encourage this more.

I too am open to a 4-3-3 which can also be a 4-5-1 when defending, I didn't put in McGeouch as I wasn't sure if he'd be fit and after watchng Watson on saturday, well maybe we can see why Dundee U weren't overly fussed about him ging on loan particularly as he was an established player.

I'd also have Cummings playing out wide with Boyle/Djedje on the right for their pace.

GreenArmy1875
06-04-2015, 07:53 AM
Oxley

Forster
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robertson
Craig
Allan

Handling
Farid
Cummings

JimBHibees
06-04-2015, 08:25 AM
:agree: Drop Allan as well.

Really :confused: thought he was the only midfielder who created anything

andrew70
06-04-2015, 09:27 AM
With Watson missing the Semi and also suspended for the Livi game I would leave him out. We need to get the guy, who is replacing him, game time ahead of the semi final. I'd also revert to 3-5-2:

Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

Dunsmore
Allan
Robertson
Fyvie
Stevenson

Boyle
Malonga

Mr White
06-04-2015, 09:40 AM
With Watson missing the Semi and also suspended for the Livi game I would leave him out. We need to get the guy, who is replacing him, game time ahead of the semi final. I'd also revert to 3-5-2:

Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

Dunsmore
Allan
Robertson
Fyvie
Stevenson

Boyle
Malonga

Do you think Dunsmore is ready for the step up Andrew? I'd like to see him given a chance. Has he had to play against many first team players for the u20's recently and if so has he looked comfortable?

andrew70
06-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Do you think Dunsmore is ready for the step up Andrew? I'd like to see him given a chance. Has he had to play against many first team players for the u20's recently and if so has he looked comfortable?

Yeah I believe he would relish an opportunity to play. It's a big period of games coming up and Stubbs may feel that playing him away from home, initially, will help him.

He has improved, immeasurably, since the arrival of McBride, Stubbs and co. A solid defender who loves to get forward, much in the mould of Gray. Any games I've seen him in he has been professionally consistent and that is against both experienced and inexperienced opponents.

Why not play him? With the formations we play (442 diamond or 352) we need a dynamic full back/wing back. Forster isn't that type of player, more defensively minded and using Stevenson out there nullifies his threat as he continually has to cut in on to his left foot - narrowing off the game.

TheFamous1875
06-04-2015, 10:00 AM

As far as I'm aware, he's really improved this year and he's just signed a new contract? Not seen him personally, just what I've read. Surely when you have your first choice player injured and the back up player is unable to take their place (cup tied) it's the right time to give a promising youngster their chance? I'd be very excited to see this happen (Jordon Forster bossed his debut at centre-half which was in the derby two years ago).

TheFamous1875
06-04-2015, 10:01 AM
What he sais!

Mr White
06-04-2015, 10:04 AM
Yeah I believe he would relish an opportunity to play. It's a big period of games coming up and Stubbs may feel that playing him away from home, initially, will help him.

He has improved, immeasurably, since the arrival of McBride, Stubbs and co. A solid defender who loves to get forward, much in the mould of Gray. Any games I've seen him in he has been professionally consistent and that is against both experienced and inexperienced opponents.

Why not play him? With the formations we play (442 diamond or 352) we need a dynamic full back/wing back. Forster isn't that type of player, more defensively minded and using Stevenson out there nullifies his threat as he continually has to cut in on to his left foot - narrowing off the game.
:aok: I'd like him to get a chance too, but I've never actually seen him play. I think we're at the stage now where we do have to gamble a bit and change things- as you say playing lewis on the right isn't a good solution.

andrew70
06-04-2015, 10:18 AM
As far as I'm aware, he's really improved this year and he's just signed a new contract? Not seen him personally, just what I've read. Surely when you have your first choice player injured and the back up player is unable to take their place (cup tied) it's the right time to give a promising youngster their chance? I'd be very excited to see this happen (Jordon Forster bossed his debut at centre-half which was in the derby two years ago).

:aok: I'd like him to get a chance too, but I've never actually seen him play. I think we're at the stage now where we do have to gamble a bit and change things- as you say playing lewis on the right isn't a good solution.

Jordon is a fantastic centre half and one which we will see a lot more of in weeks to come I am sure. Think Watson getting in ahead of him at centre back is part of an agreement with the player to get Watson game time but I really feel Jordon has been unfairly treated in any case. Hopefully he'll be back in the side soon, just not in a right back berth.

Yea, Dunsmore would give a bit of freshness and that youthful exuberance you get from a young player. he'd give his all which would maybe help to wake up some of his colleagues.