PDA

View Full Version : Time to stick you laces through it!

spike220
05-04-2015, 06:19 AM
I think sometimes we are guilty of trying to dribble the ball into the net, what we need is someone to sick their laces through it occasionally. It makes us less predictable and harder to defend against. Even if we test the goalie at least that is something.

eastcoasthibby
05-04-2015, 09:23 AM
totally agree with this although our stats will say we have plenty efforts on goal in a game ...its only about 50% of what they could read ...and some are really poor efforts! not sure if it's confidence, mentality, style of play, training, whatever it is there seems to be a lot of poor decision making scenario's around the other teams box ...when shot option is on we don't do it and then shoot from silly situations...either way the old adage of "if you don't shoot you don't score" comes into play. I think JC is the only one that this doesn't apply to although he does shoot at the wrong times ..but hey he is young and a goalscorer naturally.

get the shooting boots on boys for the run in ...add another dimension to our play..

gaz1875
05-04-2015, 09:28 AM
This has been a huge failing for us compared to the poppy thieves. I don't have any stats but I can't recall too many goals by us being scored from 18 yards or more, if you look at them on the other hand it's 1 or 2 every match. Surely we have players capable of shooting from distance. I might add while watching the warm up shooting practise yesterday pre match, Sammy Stanton never got near the goals with a number of attempts, during the match he had at least 2 shots one nearly hit the corner flag (slight exaggeration) the other landed in the Famous Five Stand. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 09:36 AM
Too often it turns into the Scott Allan show. Pass the ball and where there's a chance to shoot just hit the bloody thing.

kaimendhibs
05-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Been saying for weeks now, sometimes we just need to give the ball a good hard blooter!

snedzuk
05-04-2015, 09:47 AM
Been saying for weeks now, sometimes we just need to give the ball a good hard blooter!

Oxley for centre forward - had a decent 45 seconds there yesterday!

cabbageandribs1875
05-04-2015, 09:50 AM
Oxley for centre forward - had a decent 45 seconds there yesterday!

indeed, the nearest we got to their goal line

Keith_M
05-04-2015, 09:52 AM
Dare I say it but the difference between us getting promoted this season or staying where we are is down to the lack of a striker like Griffiths.

gaz1875
05-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Dare I say it but the difference between us getting promoted this season or staying where we are is down to the lack of a striker like Griffiths.

And the reason we went down last season!!

Bristolhibby
05-04-2015, 10:10 AM
I think sometimes we are guilty of trying to dribble the ball into the net, what we need is someone to sick their laces through it occasionally. It makes us less predictable and harder to defend against. Even if we test the goalie at least that is something.

Funny, not been to many games this season, but was at the Raith game last week, and said as much to my Dad.

Also the moving of the ball from left to right and back again until some sort of weak powderpuff shot/cross comes in ain't how to break teams down.

We painfully lack pace on the wings, and a direct attacking midfielder. I lost count of the amount of times going up through the middle or on the flanks where a bit of gas would have got us clean through.

J

Leithenhibby
05-04-2015, 10:13 AM

Been saying this for months now. So much to gain when putting a team on the back foot in this way.

We're needing to speed it up big time, we allow teams to settle back into their defensive roll way too easily for my liking.

GreenArmy1875
05-04-2015, 10:46 AM
Biggest error was getting rid of any wide player at the club or even playing with wide players as a plan B cause Plan A does not work often enough for me against the "lesser" teams at home as they come in and defend. Dont like comparing us to Hearts but they manage to play with pace and energy at home. We play the waiting game for the perfect Scotty Allan through ball which works once you have stretched teams. At 1-0 down yesterday the sub for me should have been Boyle for his pace out wide and Liam Craig/Danny Handling for a bit more of an attacking option in wide areas. Stubbs will learn from this i hope.

Mango Man
05-04-2015, 12:54 PM
There doesn't seem to be anyone that has a great strike on our team, seen Scotty Allan try a couple yesterday but has no real power in his shots, only one that is close is maybe Liam Craig.

spike220
10-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Well I note that both our goals were scored form 3ft out on Wednesday. Perhaps we are trying to dribble the ball into the net!

high bee
10-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Well I note that both our goals were scored form 3ft out on Wednesday. Perhaps we are trying to dribble the ball into the net!

You only need to watch the highlights on sky from Wednesday, the tramps are scoring for fun from outside the box. We really are suffering because we don't hit the target enough, can't this be resolved in training? It's hardly a new problem.

Hermit Crab
11-04-2015, 09:35 PM
You only need to watch the highlights on sky from Wednesday, the tramps are scoring for fun from outside the box. We really are suffering because we don't hit the target enough, can't this be resolved in training? It's hardly a new problem.

Hardly scoring for fun outside the box though. :confused:

iwasthere1972
11-04-2015, 09:39 PM
Have you seen some of our attempts on goal. I sit in the FF Upper and normally balance my coffee on the wee wall in front of me. Mind you not when we get a free kick just outside the penalty box. £2 down the drain. I don't think so.

Hermit Crab
11-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Have you seen some of our attempts on goal. I sit in the FF Upper and normally balance my coffee on the wee wall in front of me. Mind you not when we get a free kick just outside the penalty box. £2 down the drain. I don't think so.

Relocate to the west upper. They canny hit you up there! :greengrin