PDA

View Full Version : We need Hearts to win at Ibrox

Hibernia&Alba
04-04-2015, 11:56 PM
I feel dirty saying it, but if we're to have any hope of finishing second, we need Rangers to be beaten tomorrow. A Hearts win would leave both us and Rangers on 55 points, Rangers having just one game in hand, and second place remaining a possibility. Realistically, I think it's our last hope.

Now watch Hearts decide their season is done and there's no point trying.

Hibeesmad
04-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Rangers will take a point now. I think the game has a draw written all over it tbh, I think it will be a good match as Hearts obviously have no pressure so will just go for it but I think Rangers will be cautious and will sit deep all game trying to hit Hearts on the break, however the Hearts defence will be too strong for them imo.

But let's hope for a rangers defeat anyway..

Hibernia&Alba
05-04-2015, 12:04 AM
A draw might just leave the door slightly ajar for us, but it would be a big ask to finish second: a point behind, with der Hun having a game in hand.

Hibeesmad
05-04-2015, 12:09 AM
A draw might just leave the door slightly ajar for us, but it would be a big ask to finish second: a point behind, with der Hun having a game in hand.

We are just lucky that Rangers still have Hearts and Queen of The South away after this afternoons game as well as Falkirk at home, they will prove to be tricky games for them and if we don't start winning our own games then we may soon be hoping rangers can beat these other teams for us..

DH1875
05-04-2015, 12:12 AM
Not for me. Hate to say it but I reckon 2nd has gone for us and all I'm concerned about is us making the playoffs. IF and I know at this stage its still an IF, we arent gonna make it, I'd much rather that sevco went up this year (I feel so dirty typing that **** but its just the way it is)

Jim44
05-04-2015, 06:16 AM
Not for me. Hate to say it but I reckon 2nd has gone for us and all I'm concerned about is us making the playoffs. IF and I know at this stage its still an IF, we arent gonna make it, I'd much rather that sevco went up this year (I feel so dirty typing that **** but its just the way it is)

I think they will go up and you're right about not wanting them in the Championship next year as that would realistically give us only a playoff place to play for.

AndyM_1875
05-04-2015, 06:43 AM
I think Rangers will win today.

scoopyboy
05-04-2015, 06:57 AM
The way its going we might be looking for Rangers to beat QOTS and Falkirk before the end of the league fixtures.

Second for me is gone and it's all about making sure we are in the play offs.

I was looking forward to today's match but it is now meaningless in my eyes.

Pete
05-04-2015, 06:59 AM
I think Rangers will win today.

Disagree. The reason kind of ties in with Matty's thread.

How do you think Hearts prepared for the Rangers game? Taking it a bit easier now they are champions?

No. Triple sessions.

They won't be allowed to let up in any way from now until the end of the season because they have a thoroughly professional mindset. Dedication and good attitude, on and off the pitch...or it's exit stage left. That's why they are champions.

Difficult to read but it ensures they will try in every game therefore taking care of Rangers..or at least not losing to them. People who think they will be "doing us a favour" are wrong as they won't have to perform any task other than doing their job.

We need to get a similar mindset, and quick. Staring with Dumbarton we need to wake up, realise what can be achieved and bust a gut in every game left.

rcarter1
05-04-2015, 07:21 AM
Disagree. The reason kind of ties in with Matty's thread.

How do you think Hearts prepared for the Rangers game? Taking it a bit easier now they are champions?

No. Triple sessions.

They won't be allowed to let up in any way from now until the end of the season because they have a thoroughly professional mindset. Dedication and good attitude, on and off the pitch...or it's exit stage left. That's why they are champions.

Difficult to read but it ensures they will try in every game therefore taking care of Rangers..or at least not losing to them. People who think they will be "doing us a favour" are wrong as they won't have to perform any task other than doing their job.

We need to get a similar mindset, and quick. Staring with Dumbarton we need to wake up, realise what can be achieved and bust a gut in every game left.

This. In spades. Hearts deserve every plaudit going, and have been faultless in their attitude. One day this millennium, Hibs will actually instil the same demands and attitude in our own players.

eastterrace
05-04-2015, 07:42 AM
I feel dirty saying it, but if we're to have any hope of finishing second, we need Rangers to be beaten tomorrow. A Hearts win would leave both us and Rangers on 55 points, Rangers having just one game in hand, and second place remaining a possibility. Realistically, I think it's our last hope.

doesnt matter what happens today as our bottle crashed two weeks ago, we might just scrape into the play offs hopefully.

Cod Boy
05-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Hibs cant do themselves any favours so dont rely on others to do them.

semaj64
05-04-2015, 07:58 AM

We will be in the playoffs. Do need either us or The Rangers to go up, it as always going to be tough with them and Hearts in the League. Currently The Rangers would be a better bet to win against the SPL 2nd bottom.

Hope I am wrong but the players need to take control and get back on track

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Doesn't matter as we shat it weeks ago and our form doesn't look like picking up soon. If Rangers win today then we can probably forget second place.

Harder run in or not, they are winning games just now. We are not! It's like a complete reversal of form between the two teams.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 09:15 AM
We will be in the playoffs. Do need either us or The Rangers to go up, it as always going to be tough with them and Hearts in the League. Currently The Rangers would be a better bet to win against the SPL 2nd bottom.

Hope I am wrong but the players need to take control and get back on track

We've made it terribly tough for ourselves though. We are the masters of our own downfall!

Spike Mandela
05-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Hibs need to make sure we beat Dumbarton, Livingston and Alloa.

Slip ups in these games would not be acceptable and no excuses justified.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Hibs need to make sure we beat Dumbarton, Livingston and Alloa.

Slip ups in these games would not be avceptable and no excuses justified.

What about hearts? :confused:

Eyrie
05-04-2015, 09:58 AM

#### them.

Spike Mandela
05-04-2015, 10:03 AM

Defeat to the tax dodgers would be unwelcome, unwanted but sadly not unexpected.

A win is not beyond us but defeat to the other three teams I mentioned really would be unacceptable. Win them we are in the playoffs.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 10:04 AM
Defeat to the tax dodgers would be unwelcome, unwanted but sadly not unexpected.

A win is not beyond us but defeat to the other three teams I mentioned really would be unacceptable. Win them we are in the playoffs.

A month to save our season! Doesn't sound good does it!

Spike Mandela
05-04-2015, 10:10 AM

Sounds better when you say we have a really exciting two months at end of season hopefully still competeitve in all competitions.

It's the business end when it gets exciting.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2015, 10:14 AM
The time for wanting them tossers to do us a favour is a long time off in my mind, its still in our own hands if we go up or not.

Its time for the team to show everyone what they are all about, go up and they get us back where we belong, and become part of history, one of the two teams that kept The Rangers in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

Lose and stay down and they just become another in the long list of failures thats been associated with the club.

Hibernia&Alba
05-04-2015, 10:24 AM
After yesterday's defeat I'm also inclined to think second place has gone, but a defeat for Rangers today still gives us a chance. That is if we can stat winning again ourselves!

WillowbraeHibby
05-04-2015, 10:46 AM
Hibs cant do themselves any favours so dont rely on others to do them.

My thoughts exactly, we do it ourselves, or we don't.. And if we cannot go up through our own endeavours, then we have no place in the premier league..

My thoughts only.... GGTTH

silverhibee
05-04-2015, 11:05 AM

Deja Vu

ancient hibee
05-04-2015, 11:21 AM
I'm really surprised that people seem to expect the Championship play off winner to waltz into the Premiership.All the likely second last teams are finding some form.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Deja Vu

:agree:

Thecat23
05-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Hibs have blown 2nd spot for me. I hope The Rangers pump them!!

emerald green
05-04-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm really surprised that people seem to expect the Championship play off winner to waltz into the Premiership.All the likely second last teams are finding some form.

:agree: Absolutely. Whoever wins through the Championship play-offs still has a real battle on their hands. None of the teams in the SPFL look anything like the sorry defeated shambles Hibs were under Butcher & Malpas.

Yesterday Partick drew at Aberdeen, Ross County won at Dundee United, and Motherwell won at Kilmarnock. None of them have chucked in the towel, and they aren't going to in the same abject way Hibs did.

Nando™
05-04-2015, 11:40 AM

Despite sitting in 2nd place, we've blown 2nd place? That's a pile of absolute *****.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Despite sitting in 2nd place, we've blown 2nd place? That's a pile of absolute *****.

:agree: Incredible stuff.

Thecat23
;4340320]Despite sitting in 2nd place, we've blown 2nd place? That's a pile of absolute *****.

Well we have played 2 games more will be one after today. So The Rangers can move above us which they will. But thanks for your input [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea

Not yet we haven't. We can get back on track with the games remaining, and a Hearts win today could well derail Rangers' recent upturn in form. A few twists and turns yet in the campaign, and now is not the time to be giving up the ghost.

Thecat23
05-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Not yet we haven't. We can get back on track with the games remaining, and a Hearts win today could well derail Rangers' recent upturn in form. A few twists and turns yet in the campaign, and now is not the time to be giving up the ghost.

Game over!

1-0 Hearts won't win this!

Sir David Gray
05-04-2015, 11:46 AM
1-0 Sevco, that's been coming.

Hearts have been pish so far.

Nando™
05-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Well we have played 2 games more will be one after today. So The Rangers can move above us which they will. But thanks for your input [emoji106]

You could have clarified your point without.....

Thecat23
05-04-2015, 11:49 AM
You were the one who called it ***** [emoji1] You could have been more constructive in making you're point no?

silverhibee
05-04-2015, 11:49 AM

Not going well so far.

Bishop Hibee
05-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Judging by social media last night a lot of Hertz fans will be delighted with this result if it helps prevent us going up.

sh00byd00
05-04-2015, 11:51 AM
Just goes to show how dire the last two rangers managers were. It was obvious Rangers were always going to finish strongly once they got someone half decent in.

emerald green
05-04-2015, 11:51 AM
1-0 Sevco, that's been coming.

Hearts have been pish so far.

Well well what a surprise. Not.

My prediction was for a draw, but since HOMFC haven't lost away all season today would be as good a time as any to screw Hibs over.

HOMFC, like all the blazers at the SFA & SPFL, want The Rangers up, not Hibs.

Before anyone says, I'm not saying the Yaks would go out and chuck the game, just not be quite as "up for it" now they have won the Championship.

God Petrie
05-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Judging by social media last night a lot of Hertz fans will be delighted with this result if it helps prevent us going up.

Of course. Hertz have been defined by hibs for years.

Nando™
05-04-2015, 11:52 AM
You were the one who called it ***** [emoji1] You could have been more constructive in making you're point no?

Your post is clearly the one that needed clarifying as it was simply nonsensical. My post required neither eloquence nor articulate rhetoric as it was so obvious.

Thecat23
05-04-2015, 11:55 AM
;4340353]Your post is clearly the one that needed clarifying as it was simply nonsensical. My post required neither eloquence nor articulate rhetoric as it was so obvious.

Which is your opinion. I said we won't make second. If we do I'll come on here and tell you that you were spot on.

I have a feeling you won't do the same though?

2-0 now, see Hearts were never winning this The Rangers won't drop points.

emerald green
05-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Big Huns currently have a better goal difference than Hibs as it stands now. Could be as good as another point.

Nando™
05-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Which is your opinion. I said we won't make second. If we do I'll come on here and tell you that you were spot on.

I have a feeling you won't do the same though?

2-0 now, see Hearts were never winning this The Rangers won't drop points.

I never offered an opinion anywhere in my posts, I pointed out that sitting in 2nd with games left to salvage this and saying that it's ****ed is another example of the apathy many of our fans exhibit.

Negativity breeds negativity. Goes straight from the crowd to the players, has for years and will continue.

YehButNoBut
05-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Rangers down to 10 men now and just HT, maybe Hearts can still do us a favour.

emerald green
05-04-2015, 12:12 PM
I never offered an opinion anywhere in my posts, I pointed out that sitting in 2nd with games left to salvage this and saying that it's ****ed is another example of the apathy many of our fans exhibit.

Negativity breeds negativity. Goes straight from the crowd to the players, has for years and will continue.

There is no "negativity" when Hibs win, only when they are not playing well and losing. It's the same at every club. Not just Hibs mate.

I've seen Manchester United and Liverpool teams getting moans and pelters from some of their supporters at games I've attended in the past. These were great teams who went on to win the title in England.

Thecat23

That's the thing though you did state an opinion. Listen I'm going on previous performances and the negativity the players have shown has bred into the crown and some fans have seen it all before. If The Rangers win the remaining games and we do the same they will finish 2nd so you can be as positive as you like it won't matter.

We only have ourselves to blame here, the fans have done nothing wrong and reading back through many threads it was all positive stuff and rightly so. We again IMO have blown 2nd spot if you don't agree that's fine.

Thecat23
There is no "negativity" when Hibs win, only when they are not playing well and losing. It's the same at every club. Not just Hibs mate.

I've seen Manchester United and Liverpool teams getting moans and pelters from some of their supporters at games I've attended in the past. These were great teams who went on to win the title in England.

Spot on.

Nando™
05-04-2015, 12:20 PM

Do any of these teams abuse their players so badly that they visibly crumble in front of them? Never seen that happen ever in any English games I've watched. That's happened at 90% of games at Easter Road in the past few years as soon as there was something as simple as a backward pass. ****s choking to jump on the players' backs. Morons that somehow think that Butcher tactics (ie calling their own players pish) will make them play better.

"Supporters."

That's the thing though you did state an opinion. Listen I'm going on previous performances and the negativity the players have shown has bred into the crown and some fans have seen it all before. If The Rangers win the remaining games and we do the same they will finish 2nd so you can be as positive as you like it won't matter.

We only have ourselves to blame here, the fans have done nothing wrong and reading back through many threads it was all positive stuff and rightly so. We again IMO have blown 2nd spot if you don't agree that's fine.

Nae worries, my point and yours is getting lost somewhere.

Thecat23
05-04-2015, 12:22 PM
;4340401]Do any of these teams abuse their players so badly that they visibly crumble in front of them? Never seen that happen ever in any English games I've watched. That's happened at 90% of games at Easter Road in the past few years as soon as there was something as simple as a backward pass. ****s choking to jump on the players' backs. Morons that somehow think that Butcher tactics (ie calling their own players pish) will make them play better.

"Supporters."

Nae worries, my point and yours is getting lost somewhere.

For the record the booing of players isn't something I'm a fan of. Adds extra pressure. But it does happen all over the UK. We just seem to think it's ER! I've watched a few English games and the shouts from the stands are just as bad.

emerald green
05-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Do any of these teams abuse their players so badly that they visibly crumble in front of them? Never seen that happen ever in any English games I've watched. That's happened at 90% of games at Easter Road in the past few years as soon as there was something as simple as a backward pass. ****s choking to jump on the players' backs. Morons that somehow think that Butcher tactics (ie calling their own players pish) will make them play better.

"Supporters."

If Hibs players "visibly crumble" in front of their own supporters I would question their mental strength and character. I just want to make sure I understand the point you're making. Are you saying Hibs players "visibly crumble" in 90% of games at ER in the past few years because of some criticism from the stands? What about in the years before that? Did it happen then, or not?

I certainly would never defend "Butcher tactics". The clown destroyed Hibs and it has got the club into its current predicament.

Were you actually at "any English games I've watched", or do you mean watching it on the TV?

lord bunberry
05-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Hearts will be up for 1 game this season, we all know which one that will be.

Cropley10
05-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Kenny Miller is a revolting specimen of a footballer. Guilty of repeated cynical fouls & today's kick at Sow just another example. The way he screws his ugly coupon up to scream his defiance at refs is a disgrace.

Totally and utterly suited to Newco.

BH Hibs
05-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Let's see if they're interested now

Thecat23
05-04-2015, 01:02 PM
Kenny Miller is a revolting specimen of a footballer. Guilty of repeated cynical fouls & today's kick at Sow just another example. The way he screws his ugly coupon up to scream his defiance at refs is a disgrace.

Totally and utterly suited to Newco.

I've just copied this and sent it and said I agree with you 😁 he pisses me off when he plays with them too!!

magpie1892
05-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Just goes to show how dire the last two rangers managers were. It was obvious Rangers were always going to finish strongly once they got someone half decent in.

If it was anyone other than Ashley's doing, I would also apologise on behalf of all Newcastle supporters for loaning Vuckic to the huns - been the best player on the park every time he's played.

Deansy
05-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Hearts will be up for 1 game this season, we all know which one that will be.

Yup - has been the case for years !!. They have an ongoing and active 'Anti-Hibs' atmosphere at the PBS, 24/7, 365 days a year !. They somehow manage to get their players to understand exactly what beating us means - even their foreign-players get it !

We appear to have a more 'Professional/Business-like' atmosphere at ER which is devoid of passion, pride, fight etc - character-traits evident in the majority of our derby-displays !!

In other words 'Just another game' is the attitude at ER.

sh00byd00
05-04-2015, 01:16 PM
Erm, call me old fashioned but I would hope we'd be up for any game involving Hearts. Yet some people seem to think that's a negative concerning the other club. :confused: Should they just lie down when playing us 'just because'? We have nobody other than ourselves to blame for being 3pts behind sevco. Maybe if our players had been more up for it over the last 3 games, then it wouldn't matter what those tramps from across the city did.

MacGruber
05-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Well well what a surprise. Not.

My prediction was for a draw, but since HOMFC haven't lost away all season today would be as good a time as any to screw Hibs over.

HOMFC, like all the blazers at the SFA & SPFL, want The Rangers up, not Hibs.

Before anyone says, I'm not saying the Yaks would go out and chuck the game, just not be quite as "up for it" now they have won the Championship.

Probably. But in fairness, as good and consistent as they have been against the other teams this season they've looked ordinary in the games v us and The Rangers. They beat The Rangers on day 1 with a 93rd minute winner against the run and were being over run at Tynecastle until they had the man advantage. Hibs have been the better team in the last 2 derbys and a little unlucky in the 1st. This result isn't a surprise regardless of the league being done. The only disappointing thing is they (The Rangers) are in much better shape now and must fancy themselves in the play-offs.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Even at 2-1 I don't think they really went for it.

Scottie
05-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Erm, call me old fashioned but I would hope we'd be up for any game involving Hearts. Yet some people seem to think that's a negative concerning the other club. :confused: Should they just lie down when playing us 'just because'? We have nobody other than ourselves to blame for being 3pts behind sevco. Maybe if our players had been more up for it over the last 3 games, then it wouldn't matter what those tramps from across the city did.
:agree: The team OWE us a performance starting on Wed away at Dumbarton followed with the gimps next Sunday. Time for them to show some bollocks.

Hibernia&Alba
05-04-2015, 05:20 PM
I saw that result coming, I have to say. I had my suspicions Hearts would take the day off.

We won't get second now. We jut need to secure a play off place by getting a win on the board immediately.

lyonhibs
05-04-2015, 06:13 PM
:agree: The team OWE us a performance starting on Wed away at Dumbarton followed with the gimps next Sunday. Time for them to show some bollocks.

This post could be be from any one of several occasions from the last 7-8 years . On how many of those occasions have the team at the time pulled out a performance in the following games (s)?

lord bunberry
05-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Of course they will and there is no hidden agenda, nothing untoward just simple rivalry.

Hearts have earned the right to rest players or promote untested players or even to just get the deck chairs out.
They will be up for the game against us because it is a derby, may be the last one for a wee while.

we are shaping up to be a decent championship side, certainly up there with the top 5.
I'm not saying there's any sort of hidden agenda. All I'm saying is that there's no point in us looking at that mob to do us any favours.

Swedish hibee
05-04-2015, 08:50 PM
I had my suspicions Hearts would take the day off.

Me too. Just didn't think they would be that poor.

ekhibee
05-04-2015, 09:01 PM
I saw that result coming, I have to say. I had my suspicions Hearts would take the day off.

We won't get second now. We jut need to secure a play off place by getting a win on the board immediately.
Yep, I never thought they would bother their ***** with this one, but I'm just as confident that they will be well up for the derby game. It's the way their collective mind works.

eastterrace
05-04-2015, 09:13 PM
Yep, I never thought they would bother their ***** with this one, but I'm just as confident that they will be well up for the derby game. It's the way their collective mind works.

well what should we do maybe just bottle it again or just go out and show them how good we can be.