PDA

View Full Version : Derby

Hibeesmad
04-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Slowly dreading it but if we don't change our formation/tactics we are definitely not going to win.

3-5-2

Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

McGeough
Fyvie
Robertson
Allan
Stevenson

El Alagui
Boyle

#FromTheCapital
04-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Can see this far enough. Pumping on the cards.

B.H.F.C
04-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Got a game to play before we think about the Derby

Pete
04-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Can see this far enough. Pumping on the cards.

I don't know about a pumping but going from what I've seen recently, any manager with half a brain and an organised team can keep us at arms length.

Farid must start. That's all I can say right now as we need men, not mice.

edinburghhibs
04-04-2015, 05:04 PM
This is what's wrong with this club. There should be a burning desire from all at Hibs to hump the yams everytime we play them,. They'll come, and will party at our ground again. Absolutely not good enough imo. Why do we meekly accept them dominating us ffs? What's Stubbs going to do about this? I can hear the excuses already "we carry on...."

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 05:39 PM
It's typical Hibs to go out win this and lose against the likes of Dunbarton. Hearts will play the same way they did all other times. Sit in hard to break down and hit on the break.

Sir David Gray
04-04-2015, 05:43 PM
I was quite looking forward to playing them a few weeks ago.

Not looking forward to next week at all now, really can't see us getting anything right now.

As someone else has rightly pointed out though, we have a huge game on Wednesday night first of all and we need to be prepared for that.

Losing at Dumbarton doesn't bear thinking about it.

04-04-2015, 05:48 PM
This is what's wrong with this club. There should be a burning desire from all at Hibs to hump the yams everytime we play them,. They'll come, and will party at our ground again. Absolutely not good enough imo. Why do we meekly accept them dominating us ffs? What's Stubbs going to do about this? I can hear the excuses already "we carry on...."

If you look at hearts, beating hibs is everything to them. It is drilled into every player that it is simply unacceptable to come away from a derby with anything less than a win. This may be a bit overly-obsessive but the reality is that that is the reason they have more often than not gotten one over on us. I've seen very mediocre hearts teams beat quite good hibs teams in the past and its a lot down to the attitude, our players just don't seem to get as up for it as they do. They are our biggest, most hated rivals - it SHOULD be a priority to beat them and beat them regularly.

Pete
04-04-2015, 05:49 PM

This posts sounds a few years old. When did we last "meekly accept them dominating us"? :confused:

Derbies aren't the problem.

edinburghhibs
04-04-2015, 05:59 PM
One of the things that McLeish did, was to absolutely drill into our players the need to boss the derbies. And he built his success from that. Every Hearts manager seems to get that. Our Derby results this season are simply unacceptable, and I'm dreading next Sunday. Nothing less than a victory next week should be acceptable to everyone at Easter Road. No excuses.

ozzie
04-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Slowly dreading it but if we don't change our formation/tactics we are definitely not going to win.

3-5-2

Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

McGeough
Fyvie
Robertson
Allan
Stevenson

El Alagui
Boyle

Think you may find Allan is suspended for the hearts game. Could be wrong bit he was one card away from suspension and the Dumbarton game is to soon.

Hannah_hfc
04-04-2015, 06:02 PM
If you look at hearts, beating hibs is everything to them. It is drilled into every player that it is simply unacceptable to come away from a derby with anything less than a win. This may be a bit overly-obsessive but the reality is that that is the reason they have more often than not gotten one over on us. I've seen very mediocre hearts teams beat quite good hibs teams in the past and its a lot down to the attitude, our players just don't seem to get as up for it as they do. They are our biggest, most hated rivals - it SHOULD be a priority to beat them and beat them regularly.
Absolutely spot on

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Think you may find Allan is suspended for the hearts game. Could be wrong bit he was one card away from suspension and the Dumbarton game is to soon.

I wondered that myself, but I think any suspension comes into effect 14 days after the last booking so will likely be after the Cup game.

ozzie
04-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Sorry I thought it just had to be over 7 days and with the derby being on a sunday it would be that.

Sir David Gray
04-04-2015, 06:06 PM

It is two weeks so he would miss the Livingston game on the 22nd if he has gone over any points total today.

Hiber-nation
04-04-2015, 07:27 PM
One of the things that McLeish did, was to absolutely drill into our players the need to boss the derbies. And he built his success from that. Every Hearts manager seems to get that. Our Derby results this season are simply unacceptable, and I'm dreading next Sunday. Nothing less than a victory next week should be acceptable to everyone at Easter Road. No excuses.

Having Sauzee and Latapy helped a bit too.....

GreenArmyyy!
04-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Not looking forward to this at all.

SteveHFC
04-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Will be betting on Hearts to win 2-0. :agree:

Benny Brazil
04-04-2015, 07:35 PM
I don't know about a pumping but going from what I've seen recently, any manager with half a brain and an organised team can keep us at arms length.

Farid must start. That's all I can say right now as we need men, not mice.

:agree: 3-5-2 and we struggle to get a grip of things in midfield - Rankgers showed everyone else how to play against.

cabbageandribs1875
04-04-2015, 07:39 PM

he was also the last manager we had that could effectively change tactics during the first half of a game, or change personnel/tactics for the start of the 2nd half....imo of course

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Hearts players are told the derby games are just another three points to win or lose. Our players get it built up into the be-all and end-all. Breaking under pressure makes players run onto the pitch already a goal down, and hide when they should show out. More important to be the one who was not to blame, rather than risk being the one that dared to win.

B.H.F.C
04-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Hearts players are told the derby games are just another three points to win or lose. Our players get it built up into the be-all and end-all. Breaking under pressure makes players run onto the pitch already a goal down, and hide when they should show out. More important to be the one who was not to blame, rather than risk being the one that dared to win.

Completely disagree. Hearts treat the Derby completely different to any other game. It's everything. Even their bloody tea lady hates us.

ancient hibee
04-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Completely disagree. Hearts treat the Derby completely different to any other game. It's everything. Even their bloody tea lady hates us.

Rubbish.Hearts go out to win every game-if they treated the derby differently we might have won more often.

Jonnyboy
04-04-2015, 08:54 PM

It's not just the club, it's some fans too.

B.H.F.C
04-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Rubbish.Hearts go out to win every game-if they treated the derby differently we might have won more often.

So last year Hearts beat us 3 times from 4. 4 from 5 if you include the league cup game at ER.

Did they have an 80% win rate against anyone else? And given their Derby record that Isn't me exactly plucking one random season out the air.

Nando™
04-04-2015, 09:06 PM
So last year Hearts beat us 3 times from 4. 4 from 5 if you include the league cup game at ER.

Did they have an 80% win rate against anyone else? And given their Derby record that Isn't me exactly plucking one random season out the air.

You can see in derbies they want it more. They know hard work wins in derbies.

The cheating has helped as well of course.

S4uzee
04-04-2015, 09:22 PM

I agree. I'm sure Ryan McGowan said that when players sign for hearts, the first thing they are told is that they have to beat Hibs. How it should be IMO

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 09:43 PM
They are coming to party and really rub our noses in it! I honestly can see a poor home support next week!

B.H.F.C
04-04-2015, 09:46 PM
They are coming to party and really rub our noses in it! I honestly can see a poor home support next week!

So can I. Flip that round to when we were going to party at Tynecastle and relegate them last year. Their fans turned up, their players turned up and our party didn't happen.

That's what I was getting at earlier on this thread when I said they treat this like a different game.

Canongatehibs
04-04-2015, 09:48 PM
impossible to get excited about this game.

SteveHFC
04-04-2015, 09:49 PM

Remember the days when we used to sell out easter road for a derby?

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 09:50 PM
So can I. Flip that round to when we were going to party at Tynecastle and relegate them last year. Their fans turned up, their players turned up and our party didn't happen.

That's what I was getting at earlier on this thread when I said they treat this like a different game.

Yeah they always have and that's why they have a far superior Derby record. Time we done the same adapted that attitude that no matter what we will win and batter them for once.

marinello59

We'll wreck their party then. **** them. GGTTH!

Thecat23
Remember the days when we used to sell out easter road for a derby?

Yeah under big Eck I always remember it being packed. Also Mowbray days.

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 09:51 PM

That attitude I like 👍

Baldy Foghorn
04-04-2015, 09:51 PM

Exactly....Let us not fear them, they are gash...........

tamig
04-04-2015, 09:59 PM

Well said sir. Can't believe some of the defeatist pish on this thread.

NAE NOOKIE
05-04-2015, 12:14 AM
Considering it was a 3pm kick off, the weather was good, it was a Hibs kids day and it was a vital game the turn out was poor today. I cant see it being any better on Sunday.

If we play Cummings and Malonga together in the derby the Grunts keeper will be able to chat to their fans about his holiday plans during the game. Barring injury El Alagui has to start and we simply have to be up for it from the word go. Start 3 5 2 and change it if its not working. The thought of that lot living it up at our place makes me want to vomit ....... we cant allow it to happen, we just cant FFS.

MWHIBBIES
05-04-2015, 02:33 AM
Considering it was a 3pm kick off, the weather was good, it was a Hibs kids day and it was a vital game the turn out was poor today. I cant see it being any better on Sunday.

If we play Cummings and Malonga together in the derby the Grunts keeper will be able to chat to their fans about his holiday plans during the game. Barring injury El Alagui has to start and we simply have to be up for it from the word go. Start 3 5 2 and change it if its not working. The thought of that lot living it up at our place makes me want to vomit ....... we cant allow it to happen, we just cant FFS.Malonga and Cummings have both scored in derbies this season.

Billy Mac
05-04-2015, 04:15 AM
Absolutely spot on
Spot on. Big Eck is the one manager that got player's up for getting right into them for the first time since the 70's when they shat it in a derby. We are gutless when it comes to a derby these day's.

05-04-2015, 05:55 AM
The derby couldn't have come at a worse time, on the back of three defeats. They will be right up for this one, a chance to party and rub our faces right in it. Stubbs MUST get the team lifted again. A win could give us the revival we absolutely need in the run up to the semi and of course in the fight for promotion. A defeat could be disastrous for morale.

Pete
05-04-2015, 06:05 AM
Exactly....Let us not fear them, they are gash...........

They aren't exactly gash...but neither are we.

Hopefully we can win the Dumbarton game ending this mini slump we are on.

We're perfectly capable of thrashing the sons and following it up by beating hearts. There are a lot of negative predictions right now but there is an equal chance that we can turn it around, therefore becoming the best team in the world again.

You've got to love the Internet for the hysterical overreactions no matter what we do. :greengrin

hibbymick
05-04-2015, 06:06 AM
Malonga and Cummings have both scored in derbies this season.

That was when it looked like Malonga could be bothered.

Baldy Foghorn
05-04-2015, 07:24 AM
They aren't exactly gash...but neither are we.

Hopefully we can win the Dumbarton game ending this mini slump we are on.

We're perfectly capable of thrashing the sons and following it up by beating hearts. There are a lot of negative predictions right now but there is an equal chance that we can turn it around, therefore becoming the best team in the world again.

You've got to love the Internet for the hysterical overreactions no matter what we do. :greengrin

They will always be gash to me, cheating lucky flukey cheating spawny cheating jammy cheating beggars

Billy Whizz
05-04-2015, 07:27 AM
They will always be gash to me, cheating lucky flukey cheating spawny cheating jammy cheating beggars

Couldn't have put it better myself, other than to add cheating a few more times

Alfred E Newman
05-04-2015, 08:37 AM

Even though I have a season I am seriously concidering staying away next Sunday. I rarely enjoy these games and usually end up going home sick to the stomach. At my time of life I just don't think I could take another 90 min of ridicule and embarrassment.

GreenCastle
05-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Reality check - we aren't playing Barcelona.

Our ugly neighbours have had a good season but the last 2 derbies the Hibs players did turn up and deserved more from both - 2 wonder strikes got them out of jail.

Even the yam fans admit they haven't played well in derbies this season and while this makes them determined to do so in the final game I would expect us to perform better also.

We are underdogs but hopefully we can use that to get an important 3 points.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 08:54 AM
This could be another horrendous Derby for us. Let's try and take care of dumbarton first.

NAE NOOKIE
05-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Even though I have a season I am seriously concidering staying away next Sunday. I rarely enjoy these games and usually end up going home sick to the stomach. At my time of life I just don't think I could take another 90 min of ridicule and embarrassment.

I utterly get where you are coming from MB but please don't ........... If we start going down that road we might as well all pack up and go home http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/no%20way.gif

Pete
05-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Breaking news: hearts aren't the 1982 Brazil team.

We will be in for a tough game but we can win.

iwasthere1972
05-04-2015, 03:10 PM
I agree. I'm sure Ryan McGowan said that when players sign for hearts, the first thing they are told is that there will be times during the year when they won't get their wages on time. A Hearts tradition.

Fixed. :aok:

SteveHFC
05-04-2015, 03:59 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/150867-h1b5-fans-dreading-the-derby/

Nice to see i'm getting a few mentions on kickback. :wink:

HH81
05-04-2015, 04:23 PM
2-0 Hibs and back on track.

iwasthere1972
05-04-2015, 04:32 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/150867-h1b5-fans-dreading-the-derby/

They're still pishy, cheating robbing barstewards that still think they killed us off a few years ago.

They are due a good doing.

P.S. Can someone let me know that I get a mention over there. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
I think Liam Craig should play in this game beside Robertson as two defensive men.

ekhibee
Yes, agreed. His record against Hearts, for all teams he managed, was really good. It should be pointed out that we had far better individuals playing for us then than we do now. My problem with a lot of the derby games is that quite a few of our recent managers didn't seem to know how to play the game tactically. Player for player I don't think Hearts have had teams that are necessarily better than us in terms of ability, but they are always well prepared for these games; they know exactly how they're going to play the game before it's even kicked off. Often we have dominated games against them without winning, but sadly that means absolutely **** all as far as Hearts are concerned. It's all very well saying what a lot of managers say with a 'we just concentrate on our own game' kind of mentality, but against Hearts IMO we need to have a different approach. Intimidate them, wind them up, mark them tight man for man, foul their better players to let them know we can hand it out as well. They've been doing it for years, I don't see why we can't do exactly what they do. It might not be the most attractive way to play football, but it works for them, don't see why it wouldn't work for us too.

Pretty Boy
05-04-2015, 04:34 PM
For all Hearts have proven to be a better team over the course of the season every derby has been competitive. I don't see that changing next weekend.

MSK
05-04-2015, 05:37 PM

Nice to see i'm getting a few mentions on kickback. :wink:Aye ..post 5 sums up a few comments on this thread ..well done for yer mention ..:aok:

Baldy Foghorn
05-04-2015, 05:42 PM

Why even visit the cheats site???:confused:

McIntosh
05-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Breaking news: hearts aren't the 1982 Brazil team.

We will be in for a tough game but we can win. Exactly from what I saw today they are not world beaters.

Smartie
05-04-2015, 05:49 PM
impossible to get excited about this game.

The day I don't get excited about a derby is the day that I know I've chucked it.

Some of my best memories supporting Hibs have been from derbies we have gone into with little expected of us and got a result.

EVERY victory over them is special, we are a good team on our day and they aren't as great as they like to think.

Yep, we're in poor form and they have had a very good season but we need to lift ourselves out of this malaise on and off the park otherwise we'll be beaten before a ball is kicked.

There is no shortage of motivation for us going into this game.

Hibernia&Alba
05-04-2015, 05:56 PM
I think it will be competitive and close, despite all the pressure being on us. Of course the inbreds will be coming to give it laldy, so we will need to match them for atmosphere.

I also hope Hibs will be forthright in condemning any sectarian behaviour, as Hearts did when Celtic visited the PBS. Let's hear what the holier than thou Budge has to say then.

emerald green
05-04-2015, 06:00 PM
Why even visit the cheats site???:confused:

I ignore keekback because it's like the name says - keek. There's nothing for folk other than the brain dead on that site.

However, since the previous poster sent a link I thought I would have a wee look. Guess what? These mugs are seriously disturbed. Absolute dafties (and other words I can't post here), the lot of them. I can just see them drooling over their keyboards in their cheap Yak shellsuits.

For any Yaks looking in here, GIRFUY.

Hibeewilly
05-04-2015, 06:01 PM
The day I don't get excited about a derby is the day that I know I've chucked it.

Some of my best memories supporting Hibs have been from derbies we have gone into with little expected of us and got a result.

EVERY victory over them is special, we are a good team on our day and they aren't as great as they like to think.

Yep, we're in poor form and they have had a very good season but we need to lift ourselves out of this malaise on and off the park otherwise we'll be beaten before a ball is kicked.

There is no shortage of motivation for us going into this game.
CORRECT Smartie. I cant believe the negativity on this thread - it makes horrible reading. Its just playing into the Yams hands. BRING THEM ON - CANT WAIT!!!