PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs Interview

kj79
04-04-2015, 04:46 PM
I only caught end of it, seemed to be along lines of pick ourselves up and move on and crediting fans with support towards end of game. Anything of note missed as can't see anything on other threads

edinburghhibs
04-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Poor interview. He said we lost but "it wasn't for the lack of trying", it "wasn't to be today", the "response from the players was good" (!!?), and most worryingly after our third defeat in a row before two massive games...."today's result doesn't affect us massively".

Lago
04-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Poor interview. He said we lost but "it wasn't for the lack of trying", it "wasn't to be today", the "response from the players was good" (!!?), and most worryingly after our third defeat in a row before two massive games...."today's result doesn't affect us massively".

Oh dear, does not bode well for the semi against Falkirk.

JimBHibees
04-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Don't pay any attention to these interviews. He has to say something and needs these players next week so can't be truthfull

Indeed. Move on to next game.

Thecat23
04-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Don't pay any attention to these interviews. He has to say something and needs these players next week so can't be truthfull

I know what you mean I don't pay much attention to them either. But maybe he needs to say a few home truths. Not on the Butcher scale or that but to maybe say we are sluggish and need to lift our game or we will simply lose if we don't. We have the players to beat these teams we need the right formation though.

GreenArmyyy!
04-04-2015, 05:36 PM

If that is true I am worried.

lucky
04-04-2015, 05:36 PM
What do people expect him to say? These interviews are generally pointless so I don't read to much into them

hibees 7062
04-04-2015, 05:38 PM

Just two ?

Sir David Gray
04-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Post match interviews with managers and players are largely a waste of time, unless you have a total fruitcake at the end of the microphone who's intent on being controversial, as they are generally bland affairs full of cliches and well rehearsed speeches.

rcarter1
04-04-2015, 06:10 PM

He is kind of right here. Finishing 5th is nigh on impossible for us given that Falkirk and QOS play each other and Rangers. Having said that I think he is just trying to protect the players confidence, which is probably the right thing to do. Summer needs to continue the clear out of rubbish, and an instillment of a fighting spirit to the side.

givescotlandfreedom
04-04-2015, 06:12 PM
We were awful today and I think he must know that.

Scottie
04-04-2015, 06:15 PM
:agree: The last statement is taken from the book according to Terry Butcher.
Unfortunately I think today's result will affect us with confidence and belief in our own ability.

Forza Fred
04-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Post match interviews with managers and players are largely a waste of time, unless you have a total fruitcake at the end of the microphone who's intent on being controversial, as they are generally bland affairs full of cliches and well rehearsed speeches.

Pretty much spot on.

Useful only for those gunning for a manager's head, in the hope that he will say something so far from left field that there is no option but to dispose of him.

Bring back Yogi I say and his talk of goalkeeping centres of excellence, or Calderwood and his two bag of sweeties approach etc

For the moment, just give me more bland:wink:

Jim44
04-04-2015, 07:13 PM

I hope that he was being dishonest or maybe careless with that statement and hope he doesn't really believe it. These last three defeats could have an enormous effect on our morale and ability to change direction. To shrug off their seriousness is worrying.

greenpaper55
04-04-2015, 07:24 PM
We are not much better than the rest or we would be out of sight of them, we match the chairmans ambitions.

Ozyhibby
04-04-2015, 07:25 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GHdo_JKaO7M

HFC 0-7
04-04-2015, 07:41 PM
How can he not say we were not good enough? Criticising the team as a whole wouldnt be a bad thing, singling out players is. Pretty sure he said at the start of the season when we were not winning that we needed to do better etc etc and wasnt as positive.

Hannah_hfc
04-04-2015, 07:42 PM
I've just seen the Hibs.tv interview. Is it just me or does he miss the point entirely when asked about the reaction to the cummings /farid substitution??

Billy Whizz
04-04-2015, 07:49 PM
I've just seen the Hibs.tv interview. Is it just me or does he miss the point entirely when asked about the reaction to the cummings /farid substitution??

Not really, he said it could have been one or the other

mutley
05-04-2015, 07:40 AM

I thought that at first, but now I just think that he wasn't expecting that question and didn't really want to answer it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
05-04-2015, 07:58 AM
If that is true I am worried.

These interviews are normally for the players' benefit. I saw some poor decision making yesterday, especially from our 'star' midfielders. AS is obviously trying to build their confidence right now rather than trash it, in the hope they rediscover some form.

Borderhibbie76
05-04-2015, 08:30 AM
To be fair he did say 1st half was not good enough or comments of that ilk...he is obviously trying to protect the squads fragile confidence...think somw on here want him coming out and slating the team. That worked so well for us last year too...

rcarter1
05-04-2015, 08:51 AM
To be fair he did say 1st half was not good enough or comments of that ilk...he is obviously trying to protect the squads fragile confidence...think somw on here want him coming out and slating the team. That worked so well for us last year too...

Indeed. He seemed very calm. I don't think he was impressed about being drilled over the substitution, and I sympathise with that. Its done and dusted, he put on a player that improved things and took off a player that wasn't on their game. These kind of nit pick questions from a Hibs friendly interviewer just puts the manager on the spot and can only make him look silly. I expect that from a BBC, blue and maroon tinted plum with the sole purpose of undermining the club and manager. I thought Stubbs basically and politely told the interviewer to back off.

Hedlund12
05-04-2015, 10:10 AM
"These kind of nit pick questions from a Hibs friendly interviewer just puts the manager on the spot and can only make him look silly. I expect that from a BBC, blue and maroon tinted plum with the sole purpose of undermining the club and manager. I thought Stubbs basically and politely told the interviewer to back off."

I don't see anything wrong with the interviewer asking the question about the substitution. AS would have heard the reaction of some of the crowd to his substitution/decision... many people were thinking the same thing so why wouldn't the interviewer ask the question. AS basically gave his reason for making his choice and now we've heard it I hope fans respect it. Good on the interviewer for asking the question IMO.

SaulGoodman
05-04-2015, 10:46 PM
Because we all know how well slating the players goes