PDA

View Full Version : Feeling positive

Zazu62
03-04-2015, 10:58 AM
I have to admit the last 2 results have been poor, however I believe we will have a strong finish to the season. We have good players. There is goals in this team something we have not had in many a year. We are going in the right direction.

GGTTH

Thecat23
03-04-2015, 11:02 AM
I have to admit the last 2 results have been poor, however I believe we will have a strong finish to the season. We have good players. There is goals in this team something we have not had in many a year. We are going in the right direction.

GGTTH

Hope the boys feel the same, they are good enough to beat anyone in this league and also the like of St. Mirren/Ross County etc. Just the amount of games we might have to play could take its toll.

I still fancy us to make the final though.

lord bunberry
03-04-2015, 12:39 PM

GGTTH
I'm feeling nervous to be honest, I hate the term "must win" but I think we've now reached that point if we are to finish 2nd.

Ozyhibby
03-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Me too. Big push needed now. 2nd very important.

TheFamous1875
03-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Hope the boys feel the same, they are good enough to beat anyone in this league and also the like of St. Mirren/Ross County etc. Just the amount of games we might have to play could take its toll.

I still fancy us to make the final though.

That's it, really. We need to make sure our squad is up to it. There's been a distinct lag in form over the last month or so from the squad in general, and maybe this has been the time to change things up? If you're going to have a heavy schedule at the closing of a very important season, you have to be able to rotate your squad appropriately to get both the players who're on the bench, etc, match sharp, and to rest the plyers who need it. Why's Jordon Forster not started? Why hasn't Stanton started centrally? Last week's 4-5-1 with wingers was just a disaster - you need width to play like that.

If we can have all players in the squad up to scratch for the end of the season, we'll have a good chance of succeeding. So far though, I think we've wasted time that we could've used to rest players, try new formations and give us more options going into the Cup and the playoffs, etc.

Thecat23
03-04-2015, 01:11 PM
That's it, really. We need to make sure our squad is up to it. There's been a distinct lag in form over the last month or so from the squad in general, and maybe this has been the time to change things up? If you're going to have a heavy schedule at the closing of a very important season, you have to be able to rotate your squad appropriately to get both the players who're on the bench, etc, match sharp, and to rest the plyers who need it. Why's Jordon Forster not started? Why hasn't Stanton started centrally? Last week's 4-5-1 with wingers was just a disaster - you need width to play like that.

If we can have all players in the squad up to scratch for the end of the season, we'll have a good chance of succeeding. So far though, I think we've wasted time that we could've used to rest players, try new formations and give us more options going into the Cup and the playoffs, etc.

Can't really argue with any of that. I'm not Stanton's biggest fan but I do think he should be more involved and get match practice in games against the poorer teams like Cowdenbeath and Dunbarton.

I'm sure Stubbs knows what he's doing though and I just hope we get second spot and reach the final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastCalderHibby
03-04-2015, 02:28 PM
I'm feeling nervous to be honest, I hate the term "must win" but I think we've now reached that point if we are to finish 2nd.

like the cat said we are capable of beating anybody BUT when its a must win / crucial game we almost always bottle it
still think sevco are mince and if we stay in 2nd then i dont think we will need to worry about them in the play offs as
falkirk / q o s will do them over 2 games .
of course that will depend on who the the men in orange are ( opps ) sorry men in black are
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

JimBHibees
03-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Huge game tomorrow especially with Gers Hearts Sunday.

Sir David Gray
03-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Huge game tomorrow especially with Gers Hearts Sunday.

Tomorrow is a massive game.

If we lose then Queen of the South will go just five points behind us and then they'll feel that they could maybe challenge us for third place. Losing for the third game in a row also wouldn't be great for morale.

If we win and then if Hearts do us a favour on Sunday against Sevco, it would be a very good Easter weekend.

JimBHibees
03-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Tomorrow is a massive game.

If we lose then Queen of the South will go just five points behind us and then they'll feel that they could maybe challenge us for third place. Losing for the third game in a row also wouldn't be great for morale.

If we win and then if Hearts do us a favour on Sunday against Sevco, it would be a very good Easter weekend.

Yep a busy few weeks with 4 league games and a semi final. A convincing win tomorrow would set us up nicely.

patlowe
03-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Having watched the highlights of last week, I don't think the potential quality of our play or personnel should be in question; of key importance now is resilience and character. Defeat to Rangers and our poorish record against QOS and Falkirk could easily play on the minds of the players going in to the last few games. I just really hope the staff and players share your positivity and we can pull through - this has to be the most intense end to a season I can remember as a Hibs fan when you weigh up the possibilities of success/failure and the potential ramifications.

Shields Hibee
03-04-2015, 03:55 PM
We need to get something tomorrow, 3 points preferable and then not lose at Dumbarton midweek. Still think we will finish 2nd but we need to focus on these 3 league games then think about Hampden.

A win for us tomorrow & likewise for Hertz on Sunday then it will keep me happy!

Houchy
03-04-2015, 04:01 PM

Totally agree, I've been like that since the livi game when we almost threw another 2 points away. Horrible feeling but hopefully we'll beat QOS on Saturday and mini Sevco beat the other Sevco on Sunday and I'll feel better.

emerald green
03-04-2015, 06:10 PM
FWIW, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was a draw at Greyskull on Sunday. The Hibs result - that's anyone's guess.

Just my opinion based on the following: The various teams current form, Hibs inability to take enough of the goal scoring chances they create, and the fact the Yams have already won the league and I personally don't really believe they could give a toss about doing Hibs any favours.

Hope I'm wrong.

IanM
04-04-2015, 05:13 AM
Very confident of 3 points today. We're allowed to lose, every team does and I'm sure we'll react in a big way this afternoon.

As for Sunday, couldnae give two hoots. Concentrate on the cabbage only. It's not a favours business. 3 points today is our only goal

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-04-2015, 06:20 AM
We have players with the ability to win against any team in this league and most of the teams in the top league as well. We don't deal well with setbacks though.

JimBHibees
04-04-2015, 07:15 AM
A fit JC helps hugely. Need a good win to get us back on track.

Bristolhibby
04-04-2015, 07:44 AM
FWIW, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was a draw at Greyskull on Sunday. The Hibs result - that's anyone's guess.

Just my opinion based on the following: The various teams current form, Hibs inability to take enough of the goal scoring chances they create, and the fact the Yams have already won the league and I personally don't really believe they could give a toss about doing Hibs any favours.

Hope I'm wrong.

Hearts will want to roll The Rangers. They want a clean sweep on them. Especially after the Pish that their fans went through last time at Castle Greyskull.

J