PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs

Ozyhibby
02-04-2015, 03:58 PM
Just watched his interview for STV.
I really wish he would stop saying we 'are where we want to be'.
We really are not. At all.
Not even in the context of this season are we 'where we want to be'.
We are about 26 points off where we want to be and and the gap keeps getting bigger. It would be nice if he acknowledged this.
Only in relation to the Scottish cup could we say we are where we want to be.
Small point but it's been bugging me.

SaulGoodman
02-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Okay

Keith_M
02-04-2015, 04:02 PM
Stubbs out!

Danderhall Hibs
02-04-2015, 04:03 PM
It is a small point isn't it?

Hermit Crab
02-04-2015, 04:04 PM
We are about 26 points off where we want to be and and the gap keeps getting bigger. It would be nice if he acknowledged this.

I get a lot of criticism for being negative on here but you're worse imo! Think about the start of the season we had! The first round of games was terrible for us! Take that into account and the signings we have made, I think we have done dam well to get where we are!!

Nameless
Second in this league was a realistic goal at the start of this season, so we are where we want to be.

Keith_M
It is a small point isn't it?

Ooh Matron!

Waxy
02-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Small point but it's been bugging me.We can't get top now.So we are where we want to be.

keep the faith
02-04-2015, 04:06 PM

Your view is as valid as mine bud, but I do find your relentlessly negative posts draining.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2015, 04:07 PM
I get a lot of criticism for being negative on here but you're worse imo! Think about the start of the season we had! The first round of games was terrible for us! Take that into account and the signings we have made, I think we have done dam well to get where we are!!

I'm feeling particularly grumpy today. Need to start winning again. Expected us to at least match the the yams second half of the season.
Once we are promoted I will return to my usual happy self.

Dinkydoo
02-04-2015, 04:09 PM
You're being really pedantic.

We're still on-track for promotion and in the Scottish cup semi-final.

We are where we want to be.

Onion
02-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Realistically we were never going to win this league, so a PO place was the best we could hope for. Check.

We're in the SC Semi Final with a realistic chance of getting to the Cup Final. Check .

In anyone's books at this point in time that's a decent position for Stubbs since he's taken charge of Hibs.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2015, 04:11 PM
You're being really pedantic.

We're still on-track for promotion and in the Scottish cup semi-final.

We are where we want to be.

Once we get that then we will be where I want us to be.

O'Rourke3
02-04-2015, 04:13 PM
We are in the mix in two competitions at the business end of the season. The only surprise so far is the speed the winners of the Championship got there. Where else would you expect to be?

Hermit Crab
02-04-2015, 04:14 PM
I'm feeling particularly grumpy today. Need to start winning again. Expected us to at least match the the yams second half of the season.
Once we are promoted I will return to my usual happy self.

Well you can take the heat for being negative poster of the year from now on. :greengrin

jacomo
02-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Once we get that then we will be where I want us to be.

These interviews are often used to communicate a message to the players as much as anyone else. Maybe AS is just trying to tell his squad that everything is still to play for?

Steve20
02-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Realistically we were never going to win this league, so a PO place was the best we could hope for. Check.

We're in the SC Semi Final with a realistic chance of getting to the Cup Final. Check .

In anyone's books at this point in time that's a decent position for Stubbs since he's taken charge of Hibs.

I don't get why we couldn't win this league. Do we just accept being behind Hearts now? We should be aiming for better than that. In 10 games against QOS, Falkirk and Raith, we've won 2. There was no reason a club like Hibs couldn't be winning those games.

Stubbs need to improve his results against non part time teams. We're nowhere near where we should want to be.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Well you can take the heat for being negative poster of the year from now on. :greengrin

Did Ozzy not win this on the PM board for 2014?

Hermit Crab
02-04-2015, 05:17 PM

I hope so because I get a lot of **** on here for being negative.

FranckSuzy
02-04-2015, 05:19 PM

:agree: :greengrin

Most Negative Poster

blackpoolhibs (1 vote)
SteveHFC (1 vote)
Ozyhibby (2 votes)

And the winner is......Ozyhibby!

Baldy Foghorn
02-04-2015, 05:19 PM

Has anyone seen you and ozzy in the same room at the same time? That would be a laugh a minute, the two ronnies :wink:

FranckSuzy
02-04-2015, 05:20 PM

Don't worry, there's still time to redeem yourself before this year's awards :tee hee:

Billy Whizz
02-04-2015, 05:29 PM
Don't worry, there's still time to redeem yourself before this year's awards :tee hee:

Suzy, and he's doing rather well at it

Hermit Crab
02-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Has anyone seen you and ozzy in the same room at the same time? That would be a laugh a minute, the two ronnies :wink:

No but I know ozzyhibbys pal who can confirm we are different people. :agree:

Hermit Crab
02-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Suzy, and he's doing rather well at it

bugger off popeye :greengrin

And you! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
02-04-2015, 05:35 PM
No but I know ozzyhibbys pal who can confirm we are different people. :agree:

I know Ozzy

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2015, 05:41 PM

Most Negative Poster

blackpoolhibs (1 vote)
SteveHFC (1 vote)
Ozyhibby (2 votes)

Gutted. :greengrin

Thecat23
02-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Stubbs has done superb to get us were we are. Look at the mess we were in start of the season. I have to agree with him, we were never winning the league but I did expect us to go up. Will be disappointed if we don't but I'm still hopeful we will.

Stubbs is a good manager and coach.

Thecat23
02-04-2015, 05:49 PM
I don't get why we couldn't win this league. Do we just accept being behind Hearts now? We should be aiming for better than that. In 10 games against QOS, Falkirk and Raith, we've won 2. There was no reason a club like Hibs couldn't be winning those games.

Stubbs need to improve his results against non part time teams. We're nowhere near where we should want to be.

It's not rocket science. We hadn't prepared at all for this league and we were finding our feet start of the season. Hearts had a whole season to prepare for what was coming. They put an infrastructure in place long before us that's why they strolled the league.

Do we accept it? We have to as that's what happened! It's disapointing the board took as long as they did to sack TB but it's not Stubbs fault and Fergie wouldn't have us winning the league as Hearts have only lost once. Yes it could have been closer but we were never and I mean never going to win it!!

Hibby Bairn
02-04-2015, 05:53 PM

That is a pretty damning stat. How many points have we taken from the 30 available?

Jones28
02-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Ooh a manager at fault thread, it's been a while since we had one of those!!

Andy74
02-04-2015, 08:56 PM
Ooh a manager at fault thread, it's been a while since we had one of those!!

We've worked our way through the players so why not?

I will promise this now. If we go up and we start to do well again the first wee blip and Stubbs will be turned on.

ancient hibee
02-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Never wanted him here (please save for use at the appropriate moment).

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2015, 08:59 PM

I will promise this now. If we go up and we start to do well again the first wee blip and Stubbs will be turned on.

And the folk who predicted last seasons debacle were accused of being bed wetters.

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2015, 09:09 PM

This.

Yes, the gap to Hearts is too big, but they've only dropped nine points all season, whereas we had a poor start and have improved. Two poor performances in the past couple of weeks, granted; but overall we're in a decent position. In truth we all want to be back in the SPL, where we belong, but it's a tough Championship this season.

Pete
02-04-2015, 09:14 PM

Not so sure. I think we will recognise the excellent job he has done and cut him slack accordingly.

It not like Fenlon, who was a dead man walking after 2012 or Butcher who's style of football wasn't the best.

PatHead
02-04-2015, 09:20 PM
This.

Yes, the gap to Hearts is too big, but they've only dropped nine points all season, whereas we had a poor start and have improved. Two poor performances in the past couple of weeks, granted; but overall we're in a decent position. In truth we all want to be back in the SPL, where we belong, but it's a tough Championship this season.

Didn't think last week was so bad we just didn't finish.

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Didn't think last week was so bad we just didn't finish.

You're probably right there, Pat; I wasn't at the Raith game. One poor performance and two poor results is more accurate.

Smartie
02-04-2015, 09:41 PM

I think you're being ridiculously harsh.

I want Hibs to be European Cup holders, Premier League champions and Scottish Cup holders many, many years in a row. Not exactly realistic that we are going to be there any time soon though so I'm not going to pan them if we fall short.

I believe in realistic goals. When Stubbs took over he took over a club on its knees looking at a season outside the top flight of Scotland in a league of 10 with Rangers and Hearts (both of whom had a head start on us) competing for a maximum of 2 promotion places. One promotion place has gone but we are in with a decent shout at the other one. Chuck into the mix a winnable semi-final of the Scottish Cup against Falkirk and it could yet be an excellent season. It is rare that you have anything done and dusted in a positive sense at this time in the season (Hearts have done brilliantly to do as well as they have) but you can easily find yourself out of contention or up against it. At least we are right in the thick of it which is exactly where I would want us to be.

The time to judge Stubbs is at the end of the season. It IS a results business so I reserve judgment on him until we can draw a line under the season and assess exactly how well we've done but I've been very happy with him indeed so far.

That's not to say that I'm 100% pleased with him and I think that there are fair criticisms that could be levelled at him and I think that there are a few question marks that still hang over him. We'll know by the end of the season whether or not he answers them. Instead of criticising certain comments he makes we could/should criticise

- The tendency we have to switch off/lower the standards in the second half of games.
- The struggle to find the right combination up front in spite of the fact that on paper he has 5 very good individual players.
- The inability to take a decent percentage of the many, many chances we create.
- The struggle to find the right blend in midfield with too many "similar" players.
- The struggle to break down teams hell-bent on packing their defence and pressing us in possession.
- The struggle to out-think more tactically aware managers.
- The defence's tendency to "switch off" at key moments and gift goals to teams late in games.

As soon as I start to get critical of Stubbs (and it does happen from time to time) though I just remember the feeling at the final whistle against Hamilton and remember Butcher, Malpas, hoofball, McGivern, Collins, going weeks without creating a chance, rumours about Kevin Thomson causing disruption, rumours about Alex Harris/ the rest of the squad being bullied, the Liam "chest/hoof" Craig of old, Steve Marsella and our best goalkeeper in years taking the hump at his incompetence, Petrie-esque transfer windows with bargain bucket signings on the last day………… and breathe a sigh of relief that those days are gone and we have a guy who may not be perfect but is a million times better than what we had before and is only going to get better as gets experience under his belt.

Thecat23
02-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Not so sure. I think we will recognise the excellent job he has done and cut him slack accordingly.

It not like Fenlon, who was a dead man walking after 2012 or Butcher who's style of football wasn't the best.

I agree, if we went up Stubbs will be seen as a miracle worker and if we lose a few games in the top flight it's not as big a deal as when your trying to get out this league.

I like Stubbs and can see him moving onto bigger things so we should appreciate him while he's here. He'll make mistakes as hes a young manager (the Rangers game) but it's how he reacts after and I think he'll make a good manager in the future!

Wotherspiniesta
02-04-2015, 11:11 PM
OzyHibby, you must be a ****ing nightmare to be around mate.

Hardly heard a peep from you during our unbeaten run and now that we've lost a couple of matches ( which was always going to happen) you won't STFU about how crap we are.

If we can't get this guy banned for trolling can we at least shut him up for being an absolute haemmorhoid.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2015, 11:39 PM

Hardly heard a peep from you during our unbeaten run and now that we've lost a couple of matches ( which was always going to happen) you won't STFU about how crap we are.

If we can't get this guy banned for trolling can we at least shut him up for being an absolute haemmorhoid.

Personal abuse ok now? Thought I'd logged in to Rangers media.

aliman82
02-04-2015, 11:49 PM

Is that where you normally are when we're winning?😁

Ozyhibby
03-04-2015, 12:00 AM
Is that where you normally are when we're winning?[emoji16]

I regularly post on here no matter how we are doing.
However if I post something a little bit negative it's usually challenged which results in me responding and my post count during downturns in our fortunes may be higher.
Usually when I post something positive nobody bothers, so it may look like I'm not here. I am.
Btw I'm happy with Stubbs as a head coach so far.

Pete
03-04-2015, 12:45 AM
I agree, if we went up Stubbs will be seen as a miracle worker and if we lose a few games in the top flight it's not as big a deal as when your trying to get out this league.

I like Stubbs and can see him moving onto bigger things so we should appreciate him while he's here. He'll make mistakes as hes a young manager (the Rangers game) but it's how he reacts after and I think he'll make a good manager in the future!

People forget what a bad start we had and how far behind hearts and rangers we were. To get the team together and into second is nothing short of brilliant and even though a lot of it is down to the Rangers collapse, it's still an achievement to be playing how we are.

The total amount of points behind hearts isn't where we want to be in terms of league placings but we are "where we want to be" in terms of the way we are playing. It's normal for a team to take time to gel but it's fortunate for hearts that they blooded their youngsters last season and made their mistakes then.

Stubbs is indeed young and has indeed made mistakes but it's easy to manage a team from the stands, especially with the benefit of hindsight. The fantastic signings and open approach are a breath of fresh air and I can see him eventually becoming a top manager.

Even if he does go, our "Southampton model" will ensure we employ a similar manager who will fit in seamlessly into the way we do things. It's time we started punching our weight and I'm starting to feel like we now have people with drive and vision running the club.

Pete
03-04-2015, 01:04 AM
I regularly post on here no matter how we are doing.
However if I post something a little bit negative it's usually challenged which results in me responding and my post count during downturns in our fortunes may be higher.
Usually when I post something positive nobody bothers, so it may look like I'm not here. I am.
Btw I'm happy with Stubbs as a head coach so far.

I'm sorry but when you continually waffle on about how many points hearts are ahead of us and how much better they are on the park (which I totally disagree with), then people are going to pull you up.

There was a thread slagging them for their new sponsor yet you threw this in even though it was totally irrelevant!! In fact it isn't irrelevant because they probably wouldn't be so far ahead if they didn't stiff charities and get away with this shameful CVA.

As someone else says, you're being ridiculously harsh....with Stubbs in this thread and our club in general.

...and I notice when you're being positive. I like that ozyhibby. :greengrin

Thecat23
03-04-2015, 06:28 AM
People forget what a bad start we had and how far behind hearts and rangers we were. To get the team together and into second is nothing short of brilliant and even though a lot of it is down to the Rangers collapse, it's still an achievement to be playing how we are.

The total amount of points behind hearts isn't where we want to be in terms of league placings but we are "where we want to be" in terms of the way we are playing. It's normal for a team to take time to gel but it's fortunate for hearts that they blooded their youngsters last season and made their mistakes then.

Stubbs is indeed young and has indeed made mistakes but it's easy to manage a team from the stands, especially with the benefit of hindsight. The fantastic signings and open approach are a breath of fresh air and I can see him eventually becoming a top manager.

Even if he does go, our "Southampton model" will ensure we employ a similar manager who will fit in seamlessly into the way we do things. It's time we started punching our weight and I'm starting to feel like we now have people with drive and vision running the club.

Couldn't agree more. The foundations laid by the management team and Leeann will ensure who ever comes in next it should ensure a smooth changeover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
03-04-2015, 08:12 AM

Most Negative Poster

blackpoolhibs (1 vote)
SteveHFC (1 vote)
Ozyhibby (2 votes)

To be honest i find myself in agreement with most of Blackpool Hibs posts, which I consider in the main ...realistic as opposed to negative.

legends of 73
03-04-2015, 08:12 AM

I can quite categorically say he is:greengrin:greengrin:agree::agree:

FranckSuzy
03-04-2015, 09:05 AM
To be honest i find myself in agreement with most of Blackpool Hibs posts, which I consider in the main ...realistic as opposed to negative.

Right, that's one vote already cast for you :tee hee: It's a light-hearted PM board thing, which you'd know if you had renewed your subscription :na na: :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
03-04-2015, 02:45 PM

Oh aren't we a little precious? :greengrin

I'm sorry, but your posts (in the large) are negative. As I've said, you're barely here when we're having a good run and we have a couple of poor results and you're all over this place spouting this that and the next thing about how terrible we are, how much hearts are better than us. Hearts have had a freak season, have ridden their luck in the big games and their momentum has seen them trample lesser opponents. We're second best to them in that regard, but you seem to seek pleasure in pointing out our flaws and having a go at our managers interviews is a very yammish thing to do.

I'm not claiming you're a Hearts fan, but I do wonder about the agendas of posters who come on here rattling on about their achievements while trying to kick us while we're down. Very strange behaviour and you're rightly getting called out for it.

Sir David Gray
03-04-2015, 03:04 PM
that is a pretty damning stat. How many points have we taken from the 30 available?

W-2
d-4
l-4
f-11
a-11

SteveHFC
03-04-2015, 03:28 PM

Most Negative Poster

blackpoolhibs (1 vote)
SteveHFC (1 vote)
Ozyhibby (2 votes)

Surprised Hermit isn't in that category ;)

Ozyhibby
03-04-2015, 03:51 PM

I'm sorry, but your posts (in the large) are negative. As I've said, you're barely here when we're having a good run and we have a couple of poor results and you're all over this place spouting this that and the next thing about how terrible we are, how much hearts are better than us. Hearts have had a freak season, have ridden their luck in the big games and their momentum has seen them trample lesser opponents. We're second best to them in that regard, but you seem to seek pleasure in pointing out our flaws and having a go at our managers interviews is a very yammish thing to do.

I'm not claiming you're a Hearts fan, but I do wonder about the agendas of posters who come on here rattling on about their achievements while trying to kick us while we're down. Very strange behaviour and you're rightly getting called out for it.

All I said was that I think we are a long way from where we should be as a club. As it happens Stubbs gave a better interview to Hibs TV today where he clarifies what he meant by that. He also showed that he knows the importance of achieving what we set out to do.
I take no pleasure whatsoever in pointing out things our neighbours are getting right. Football is about comparisons and they are the team we compare ourselves with most.
The changes we have implemented since the beginning of the season will only be a success if we are regularly besting the teams around us, including the yams.
Until we get there, I have no time for the 'we just need a bit more time' point of view. We have had that for years at Hibs (once the stadium is built, once the training centre is built, once the yams go bust and now it's once the yams have to build their stadium)and it has done us no good. It's time we started to have a bit of success now. Once the club start delivering, maybe I'll be a bit less of a dick.
As for me being a Yam, it's not the first time you have called me it, so I'll put it down to another moment of idiocy from you.

Hibernia&Alba
03-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Hermit and Ozy are .net's Jack and Victor fae Still Game: grumpy auld gits of the Scottish tradition. It wouldn't be the same without them.

Shields Hibee
03-04-2015, 04:16 PM
We didn't get off to the best of starts and flashback to November after QOS at home and it looked as if the playoff spots could be difficult to reach or stay within them. Being 2nd though helped by the demise of Rangers is still decent and we have to hold that spot by getting results. We are also in the SC semi final so not all doom & gloom when compared with this time last year.

The football on display is better than that under CC, PF & TB and in fairness to Stubbs, he is still very much learning as a manager. Some of his signings have been decent but we need to sort out our front 2 as we have 5 decent players on paper but its getting a pairing which works each week and converts chances. I agree about breaking teams down as those lower down the league come with the aim of keeping us at bay and we need to find ways of getting wins against those teams.

Hearts knew last season that they'd be playing at Championship level so prepared for it whereas we got pushed it due to TB's incompetence and belief that winning the first leg meant job done, we all know how wrong he was.

If we don't go up this season, our aim next season must be winning the league.

Gordy M
03-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Its always the same with football, peoples expectations change as the season goes on. Im sure if i looked far enough there would be posts at the start of the season saying that we might struggle to stay out the play offs to be relegated!? Then it was we will struggle to make the play offs to get promoted!? And now its we will struggle to finish 2nd? Unfortunately it seems to be the same posters who are responsible for them all!! :greengrin

HappyHibby93
03-04-2015, 05:04 PM
I would think every hibby would be very pleased to see us 2nd come the end of the season. cheer up eh!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Wotherspiniesta
03-04-2015, 05:27 PM

All I said was that I think we are a long way from where we should be as a club. As it happens Stubbs gave a better interview to Hibs TV today where he clarifies what he meant by that. He also showed that he knows the importance of achieving what we set out to do.
I take no pleasure whatsoever in pointing out things our neighbours are getting right. Football is about comparisons and they are the team we compare ourselves with most.
The changes we have implemented since the beginning of the season will only be a success if we are regularly besting the teams around us, including the yams.
Until we get there, I have no time for the 'we just need a bit more time' point of view. We have had that for years at Hibs (once the stadium is built, once the training centre is built, once the yams go bust and now it's once the yams have to build their stadium)and it has done us no good. It's time we started to have a bit of success now. Once the club start delivering, maybe I'll be a bit less of a dick.
As for me being a Yam, it's not the first time you have called me it, so I'll put it down to another moment of idiocy from you.

Aye, very idiotic. :aok:

Stubbs has said it a few times over. All that matters is promotion. It doesn't matter how we get there, as long as we get there. Forget comparing us with them, its all about what we do. We've got massive games coming up towards the end of the season and need to all be pulling in the one direction. Fans forum is a place for opinion and obviously you see fit to stick the boot into us, so thats your own agenda.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Aye, very idiotic. :aok:

Stubbs has said it a few times over. All that matters is promotion. It doesn't matter how we get there, as long as we get there. Forget comparing us with them, its all about what we do. We've got massive games coming up towards the end of the season and need to all be pulling in the one direction. Fans forum is a place for opinion and obviously you see fit to stick the boot into us, so thats your own agenda.

When did having an opinion become an agenda? :confused:

HibernianJK
03-04-2015, 05:49 PM
I kind of agree with the OP. If if anyone thinks being 26 points behind hearts is where we 'want to be' then I'd be very worries.

emerald green
03-04-2015, 06:17 PM
In terms of the Championship, I suppose saying "we are where we want to be" is as good as it gets given Hibs are sitting 2nd (just), although I believe we should be a fair number of points clear in 2nd place. That's where I would want Hibs to be.

However, as a club, even being in this crap league is not "where we want to be", although I accept AS was talking specifically about where the club is in the Championship.

Bronson
03-04-2015, 06:44 PM
I personally love Stubbs' attitude and the way he thinks. He knows that a couple of defeats doesn't mean the wheels have come off, and he's making sure the players know it too.

He'll take us up, and that is where we want to be.

Onion
03-04-2015, 06:46 PM
I kind of agree with the OP. If if anyone thinks being 26 points behind hearts is where we 'want to be' then I'd be very worries.

Rest assured Stubbs will not be happy that the Yams have strolled the league, but what can he do about that now ? I get the impression Stubbs is a quietly ambitious, capable young manager who knows knows how to manage a squad and what to say and when to say it. How refreshing is that to some of the clowns we've had at ER in the last few years ?

bingo70
03-04-2015, 07:26 PM

Yeah I get where the op was coming from and the stick he's got has been over the top imo.

I like Stubbs, I think he's doing a good job but he's not above criticism like some on this thread are suggesting.

What I would say to the op is that although I agree with the sentiments I think it would be terrible management if Stubbs came out and started getting all negative now, the players don't need reminded it's **** to be 20 odd points behind hearts and after 2 defeats on the bounce they probably need a bit reassurance that they're a good team.

Blaster
03-04-2015, 09:49 PM
I still say if someone had said to any sensible hibs fan at the start of the season that at the end of March we would be sitting second and in the cup semi they would have bitten their hand off. I certainly would have

Stop comparing us to them. They were long prepared and we were a shambles. Turnaround has been remarkable considering where butcher left us

So let's be a bit more positive and embrace the challenge starting tomorrow

Rant over. 😃

Hermit Crab
03-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Hermit and Ozy are .net's Jack and Victor fae Still Game: grumpy auld gits of the Scottish tradition. It wouldn't be the same without them.

I'll take any compliments thrown my way :greengrin

silverhibee
03-04-2015, 11:47 PM
I'll take any compliments thrown my way :greengrin

LTYF :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
04-04-2015, 08:47 AM
I still say if someone had said to any sensible hibs fan at the start of the season that at the end of March we would be sitting second and in the cup semi they would have bitten their hand off. I certainly would have

Stop comparing us to them. They were long prepared and we were a shambles. Turnaround has been remarkable considering where butcher left us

So let's be a bit more positive and embrace the challenge starting tomorrow

Rant over. 😃

So true u think after 6 matches we were 2nd or 3rd bottom after losing 4 of 6...back then we were panicking about even making top 4. Been a massive turnaround and lets hope the last 2 defeats means our sticky spell is behind us as we enter the business end of season

Hermit Crab
04-04-2015, 09:04 AM
LTYF :greengrin

Reported :greengrin

matty_f
04-04-2015, 09:30 AM
I really like Stubbs, I think he's done a really good job so far. There is room for improvement but overall I would say he's been a successful appointment so far.

silverhibee
04-04-2015, 10:04 AM
Reported :greengrin

Nae need.

cleanyman
04-04-2015, 04:06 PM
So....

B.H.F.C
04-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Certainly not where we want to be as he's said.

Losing 3 on the trot in the league is terrible.

Alfred E Newman
04-04-2015, 04:51 PM
Certainly not where we want to be as he's said.

Losing 3 on the trot in the league is terrible.

At the start of the season we looked on ourselves as a Premier side in the Championship. Now we look on ourselves as the latter. That is where we are at the moment and it saddens me a lot but after 50 odd years I still live in hope that this club will surprise me.

SteveHFC
04-04-2015, 05:00 PM
This post might be controversial but if we fail to make the play-offs. Stubbs has to go. :duck:

ChooseLife
04-04-2015, 05:06 PM
This post might be controversial but if we fail to make the play-offs. Stubbs has to go. :duck:

As unlikely as that scenario is, it goes without saying.

Ozyhibby
04-04-2015, 05:55 PM

I don't think that is controversial at all. We are brutal just now.
The budgets of the team's beating us is tiny compared to what Stubbs has at his disposal. He is failing right now and he needs to turn it round quickly.

bingo70
04-04-2015, 06:03 PM
I don't think that is controversial at all. We are brutal just now.
The budgets of the team's beating us is tiny compared to what Stubbs has at his disposal. He is failing right now and he needs to turn it round quickly.

Yeah, if we make the play offs, which I'm assuming we will then he'll get next season, If he doesn't then he won't.

I like Stubbs but I've repeatedly said he's not above criticism, imo This season has been pretty pish for the most part abd he's git to take some responsibility for some of it. the lack of width in the team is our big problem imo, we seem to have 2 formations, the diamond midfield and 352, both are too reliant on our full backs and that's starting to show.

Forza Fred
04-04-2015, 06:05 PM

Not controversial, given some of the extreme ties posted on this board.

However I would respectfully suggest that such a 'stop-go' kind of approach which leaves no room for continuity, or continuous improvement even, is symptomatic of why we are where we are?

The road back to where we should be as a club will take longer than one season.

The mental toughness required, may well be there next season from day one, which allows us to sweep away the challenges of the likes of QOS etc, but it most certainly does not appear to be there just now.

Stubbs, Hibs and us will learn together.

Del Boy
04-04-2015, 07:26 PM
If we don't make the play offs then Stubbs will be out. However we will make playoffs, beyond that I have no idea.

Sir David Gray
04-04-2015, 07:37 PM
If we don't make the play offs then Stubbs will be out. However we will make playoffs, beyond that I have no idea.

I highly doubt that.

ehf
04-04-2015, 07:46 PM

We will almost certainly make the play offs, but in 3rd or 4th. And we will almost certainly lose against whichever team is 4th or 3rd. Should Stubbs go then?

Billy Whizz
04-04-2015, 07:47 PM
We will almost certainly make the play offs, but in 3rd or 4th. And we will almost certainly lose against whichever team is 4th or 3rd. Should Stubbs go then?

What before the Cup Final?

matty_f
04-04-2015, 07:51 PM
I highly doubt that.

That was the minimum requirement this season, I think Hibs would stick by him, but if you can't manage Hibs to a play off spot in the Championship, having been able to hand-pick your staff and having the facilities and resources we have, then you'd have a hard job making a case to keep your job.

Hibs should almost be hitting a play-off spot by default.

Sir David Gray
04-04-2015, 07:55 PM
That was the minimum requirement this season, I think Hibs would stick by him, but if you can't manage Hibs to a play off spot in the Championship, having been able to hand-pick your staff and having the facilities and resources we have, then you'd have a hard job making a case to keep your job.

Hibs should almost be hitting a play-off spot by default.

I'm not arguing with any of that and if we don't make the play offs (I don't believe that's going to happen) then I would be extremely unhappy.

However to suggest that Stubbs would be at risk of losing his job in the summer, if we fail to finish in the top four, is complete nonsense in my opinion.

matty_f
04-04-2015, 07:59 PM
I'm not arguing with any of that and if we don't make the play offs (I don't believe that's going to happen) then I would be extremely unhappy.

However to suggest that Stubbs would be at risk of losing his job in the summer, if we fail to finish in the top four, is complete nonsense in my opinion.

I don't think we'd sack him, just saying that he couldn't have many complaints if we did.

Bear in mind for us to not make the play offs would mean a collapse of last season's proportions in the final games of the season. In the unlikely event that we were to throw away a play-off spot from sitting in second place, there's every chance Stubbs' coat would be on a shoogly peg.

However, I think we'll comfortably make the play-offs. I also think Stubbs will be given another season regardless.

B.H.F.C
04-04-2015, 08:05 PM

If he doesn't finish in the top 4 then it isn't even up for debate. He should be nowhere near the place. The standard of this league is garbage and he has far, far greater resources than most.

Thankfully, I don't believe we'll fail to make the playoffs.

O'Rourke3
04-04-2015, 08:14 PM
If he doesn't finish in the top 4 then it isn't even up for debate. He should be nowhere near the place. The standard of this league is garbage and he has far, far greater resources than most.

Thankfully, I don't believe we'll fail to make the playoffs.

Was that your view at the start of the season as well? Rangers have more resources that the rest of us put together and we are currently ahead of them in the league. We know they've spent theirs unwisely, but are you seriously suggesting we have done the same?

BoomtownHibees
04-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Was that your view at the start of the season as well? Rangers have more resources that the rest of us put together and we are currently ahead of them in the league. We know they've spent theirs unwisely, but are you seriously suggesting we have done the same?

Regardless of who is charge, should we finish outside of the top 4 in the championship, then they should go. Why would that thought change from the start of the season until now?

B.H.F.C
04-04-2015, 08:19 PM

I never, in my heart of hearts, felt we'd win the league. But I never for a minute thought we'd fail to make the playoffs. I thought that was an absolute stick on. If a manager can't get Hibs to the top 4 of the bloody championship then they arent a very good manager IMO.

I merely said iIF we don't make the playoffs. I still think we will though.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 09:39 AM

Pish.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Regardless of who is charge, should we finish outside of the top 4 in the championship, then they should go. Why would that thought change from the start of the season until now?

Yes, that's what we would need! Another change in management and backroom staff! Ffs :rolleyes:

ancient hibee
05-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Yes, that's what we would need! Another change in management and backroom staff! Ffs :rolleyes:

You missed out the bit about taking Dempster with them:greengrin

Leithenhibby
06-04-2015, 04:50 PM

:agree:

Hermit Crab
06-04-2015, 05:03 PM
You missed out the bit about taking Dempster with them:greengrin

Followed by Petrie! :greengrin

sesoim
07-04-2015, 09:09 PM

Seriously, now really think about this. How could ANY manager keep his job if he finished 5th in what effectively is the second tier with Hibs? If we had a huge debt and he was playing youngsters every week, maybe, but otherwise, no way could a manager expect to stay.

As it is, three games ago we were on course to have a decent season after a dreadful start. Two things have turned the tide against us - Rangers appointing McCall and subsequently beating us, and the forwards that Stubbs signed just haven't been good enough one way or another (bar El Agui). Players have lost confidence and are now doing what we have done for the last few seasons - take the easy option all the time.

It's time for Stubbs and the Noahs Ark worth of coaches and technical guys he's appointed to work out a solution now. If we at least reach the Cup Final, finish 3rd in the League and get to round two of the play-off then we've probably done about as well as we could have expected at the start of the season. But there's a real chance that Falkirk could end both our promotion and cup hopes and, if they do, there will be a lot of angry fans who wont put up with any more slip ups at the start of next season.

Niffy
07-04-2015, 09:32 PM
But there's a real chance that Falkirk could end both our promotion and cup hopes and, if they do, there will be a lot of angry fans who wont put up with any more slip ups at the start of next season.

This ^^^

essexhibee
07-04-2015, 09:39 PM
:agree:

Agreed. Lets all get behind the team and the manager starting with tomorrow!

Ozyhibby
08-04-2015, 08:07 AM
In his interview this morning, Stubbs said 'we know where we want to be'.
Much better.
;-)

Bad Martini
08-04-2015, 08:30 AM
In his interview this morning, Stubbs said 'we know where we want to be'.
Much better.
;-)

Thats good. So nae excuses tonight then. Because make nae mistake about it, if we dont win tonight, we are not in a good place and nowhere ****ing near where we NEED to be, let alone want to be, irrespective of whether he thinks he knows where we should be or does know where we should be or whatever else.

Big game. We need a big result. We can do it, if we utilise those dangly things and remember that we ARE good enough...

Err, thats the size of it as I see it.

ENDOF

Thecat23
08-04-2015, 08:55 AM
A must win tonight. We are far better than Dunbarton and need to show some bottle in front of goal. Stop trying to walk it in if you get near the box let rip and hopefully we score a couple to give us a lift for Sunday.

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
08-04-2015, 11:06 AM
0-4 Hibs tonight.

Keith_M
08-04-2015, 11:08 AM
0-4 Hibs tonight.

Somebody gave you some Prozac?

:greengrin

eastmainsmsh
08-04-2015, 12:07 PM
I genuinely believe we can go up and sneak the cup