PDA

View Full Version : Dundee utd

Billy Whizz
02-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Wonder where the £500,000 went?

This is a strongly worded statement from the Arab Trust and the Federation of Supporters. Seems all is not well on between the Fans and the Board, particularly as results have added to the divide between them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32157589

PISTOL1875
02-04-2015, 02:59 PM

This is a strongly worded statement from the Arab Trust and the Federation of Supporters. Seems all is not well on between the Fans and the Board, particularly as results have added to the divide between them

Thomson sold the fans down the river by selling GMS and Armstrong to Celtic.. If he had any backbone he would've held onto them until the summer at least..

PatHead
02-04-2015, 03:07 PM

Was there not a rumour that as part of the negotiations with the bank to reduce debt they had to give a percentage of any transfer fees to the bank?

BoomtownHibees
02-04-2015, 03:09 PM
David Southern involved up there as well

Bishop Hibee
02-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Was there not a rumour that as part of the negotiations with the bank to reduce debt they had to give a percentage of any transfer fees to the bank?

You dodged a bullet at ER K 😉

Billy Whizz
02-04-2015, 03:20 PM

I think there was, but don't think the Arab Trust etc would be up in arms if it was this

Ozyhibby
02-04-2015, 03:32 PM
They are going down the Rod Petrie club management route. Good chance they will end up the same as us.

number9dream
02-04-2015, 03:39 PM

Think wee Jackie trousered some of the dosh, with a transfer fee cut written into contract. It was hard to tell at the time if he was miserable about losing his best players in January since his demeanour is pretty much miserable all the time...

Phil D. Rolls
02-04-2015, 05:21 PM
They are going down the Rod Petrie club management route. Good chance they will end up the same as us.

You just couldn't let it lie! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
03-04-2015, 06:26 PM
Think wee Jackie trousered some of the dosh, with a transfer fee cut written into contract. It was hard to tell at the time if he was miserable about losing his best players in January since his demeanour is pretty much miserable all the time...

Think you're right!
Not sure I agree with this sort of payment to Managers. This is £500k gone out of football

http://dufc.co/news/club-statement-8/

Jonnyboy
03-04-2015, 06:33 PM
From what I've read, J Mac took a substantial drop in salary to join Utd and had some clauses written into his contract that would see him rewarded for developing young talent that could be sold on. If that's accurate, I don't see how he can be accused of any impropriety?

Billy Whizz
03-04-2015, 06:39 PM
From what I've read, J Mac took a substantial drop in salary to join Utd and had some clauses written into his contract that would see him rewarded for developing young talent that could be sold on. If that's accurate, I don't see how he can be accused of any impropriety?

Jonnyboy, don't think he's acted in any way wrong. Just sickens me to see these sums of money leaving the game and going into an already wealthy Managers pocket.

Jonnyboy
03-04-2015, 06:41 PM
Jonnyboy, don't think he's acted in any way wrong. Just sickens me to see these sums of money leaving the game and going into an already wealthy Managers pocket.

I know, Billy but others seem to feel he's trousered cash he's not entitled to! For me, it's no different than a player on a basic wage increasing that wage based on performance etc :agree:

Billy Whizz
03-04-2015, 06:47 PM
I know, Billy but others seem to feel he's trousered cash he's not entitled to! For me, it's no different than a player on a basic wage increasing that wage based on performance etc :agree:

He only signed 3 of the 4 who were sold, yet the Management team are getting allegedly a healthy sum of money.
Know a few Arab fans, and to say they are happy with this sort of money leaving the club, is an understatement. They've either got fantastic agents or a stupid chairman! Believe they are also about to put up the price of their season tickets as well

Jonnyboy
03-04-2015, 06:50 PM
He only signed 3 of the 4 who were sold, yet the Management team are getting allegedly a healthy sum of money.
Know a few Arab fans, and to say they are happy with this sort of money leaving the club, is an understatement. They've either got fantastic agents or a stupid chairman! Believe they are also about to put up the price of their season tickets as well

Still confused by their anger to be honest. If JMac had a salary of say £100k with no bonuses or a salary of £40k with £60k bonuses - what's the problem? :greengrin

Billy Whizz
03-04-2015, 06:54 PM
Still confused by their anger to be honest. If JMac had a salary of say £100k with no bonuses or a salary of £40k with £60k bonuses - what's the problem? :greengrin

Is the figure not around £500k though, or maybe the media have blown this figure out of all proportion.

Jonnyboy
03-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Is the figure not around £500k though, or maybe the media have blown this figure out of all proportion.

Might be. My figures were just to illustrate that maybe the figure ends up much the same, whichever way his salary is made up

Incidentally, dunno why I'm paying any attention to it as I have an irrational dislike for Dundee Utd :greengrin

Billy Whizz
03-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Might be. My figures were just to illustrate that maybe the figure ends up much the same, whichever way his salary is made up

Incidentally, dunno why I'm paying any attention to it as I have an irrational dislike for Dundee Utd :greengrin

Might see you in BTG tomorrow, where we can discuss it in private😄

bingo70
03-04-2015, 07:06 PM

Without knowing the full story I don't really get it either. Dundee utd have done really well recently. I know they sold their two best players but boo-hoo, suck it up. All clubs sells players and it was pretty decent offers they got.

Jonnyboy
03-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Might see you in BTG tomorrow, where we can discuss it in private

I'll be hiding :greengrin