PDA

View Full Version : David Gray.....

WillowbraeHibby
02-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Well, when our guys get injured, they do it right it seems???? Lucky white heather...!!!!!!

Paul Barnes ‏@STVPaul (https://twitter.com/STVPaul) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/STVPaul/status/583603520840011776)
Alan Stubbs says Hibernian defender David Gray will be out injured for "a few weeks" with a torn hamstring injury.

Hermit Crab
02-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Bit of a pisser that eh.

Brightside
02-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Bit of a pisser that eh.

You could see it coming in recent weeks. He wasnt belting down the wings like earlier in season.

S4uzee
02-04-2015, 12:29 PM
No RB for the cup then

Billy Whizz
02-04-2015, 12:30 PM
No RB for the cup then

352 then

B.H.F.C
02-04-2015, 12:32 PM
352 then

Still gives you the issue of who plays RWB

Hermit Crab
No RB for the cup then

Hoping he will be back for that. Already had a weeks rest.

Billy Whizz

McGeough possibly

Hibee87
02-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Jordan Forster has played RB in the past has he not :confused:

The Sundance Kid
02-04-2015, 12:35 PM
That's a disaster, particularly for the semi final as Watson is cup tied.

Seems like we'll need to either play Forster out of position at right back, throw Dunsmore in at the deep end or switch to a 3 at the back

Brightside
02-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Ox

Forster Hanlon Fontaine

Robertson

Dylan Fyvie Allan Stevenson

Cummings El Al

This for the semi

J-C
02-04-2015, 01:02 PM

Not really, Boyle would play as an out and out winger, the 3-5-2 affords you to play that way.

Oxley

Forster Hanlon Fontaine

Boyle McGeouch Robertson Allan Stevenson

AlAgui Cummings

Or put McGeouch at the right and play Fyvie beside Robertson.

The Sundance Kid
02-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Not really, Boyle would play as an out and out winger, the 3-5-2 affords you to play that way.

Boyle's cup tied as well though unfortunately

Cod Boy
02-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Stevenson maybe

J-C
02-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Boyle's cup tied as well though unfortunately

Ah, so he is, McGeouch on the roght of the 5 then.

Or we could just play a flat back 4 with Forster at RB and play a 4-2-3-1 system.

GreenArmyyy!
02-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Horrendous news, here's hoping for a quick recovery. Could see it coming over the last few weeks though. Pushed him too hard when he was clearly carrying a knock.

The_Exile
02-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Out of the entire squad, the only player I'd trust at RB out of the available players would be Lewis.

SteveHFC
02-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Horrible news.

3-5-2 it is in the semi.

bingo70
02-04-2015, 01:25 PM
Out of the entire squad, the only player I'd trust at RB out of the available players would be Lewis.

Who would play at left back then?

Wondering if it's starting to look like a rash decision to let booth go.

Imo we need to play the youngster at right back, dunsmore is it? Going to need to get a shot at some point if he's going to make it.

andrew70
02-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Who would play at left back then?

Wondering if it's starting to look like a rash decision to let booth go.

Imo we need to play the youngster at right back, dunsmore is it? Going to need to get a shot at some point if he's going to make it.

Yeah I'd have no fear in giving Aaron Dunsmore a chance. I would prefer that than playing someone out of position.

truehibernian
02-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Yeah I'd have no fear in giving Aaron Dunsmore a chance. I would prefer that than playing someone out of position.

For me it is the obvious choice - pre-season Stubbs clearly thought he was able and he fits the same profile as Gray as a player who can motor up and down the right flank without much of a problem.

Jordon having played there is also a bonus and adds versatility and height however - I actually feel more confident with JF in the box defending crosses and set pieces.

Real blow though as Gray had a great game last weekend and should never have been on a losing side.

Hermit Crab
02-04-2015, 02:08 PM

You want to put a young lad who is untested in at right back for two massive games v hearts and Falkirk??

erin go bragh
02-04-2015, 02:33 PM
A few weeks , might be two or three . He has already missed one , so he might be back in time for the semi .

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
02-04-2015, 02:34 PM
A few weeks , might be two or three . He has already missed one , so he might be back in time for the semi .

GGTTH

I know, but Hampden is no place to play someone who's not 100% match fit

andrew70
02-04-2015, 02:43 PM
You want to put a young lad who is untested in at right back for two massive games v hearts and Falkirk??

Why not? He's good enough, no doubt about that.

Can easily give him a chance in next two to bed him in anyway. Very good player who has diligently gone about improving his game this season under Joe McBride and the rest of the coaching staff.

Would much rather play him in his natural position than Lewis who never looks comfortable at right back.

Was on the bench at Alloa (IIRC) and Stubbs obviously likes what he sees given that he got a new contract.

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2015, 02:47 PM

Derek Collins..... :rolleyes:

Bishop Hibee
02-04-2015, 03:06 PM

Correct. Derek Collins against Aberdeen and we lost 2-1.

Bad news. I'd play Forster at right back.

JimBHibees
02-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Expected to be out for four weeks. Bit of a blow that.

patlowe
02-04-2015, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't change the formation to 3-5-2 unless it is deemed tactically beneficial to do so, based on Falkirk's strengths and weaknesses.

As others have said, a straight swap for Forster in the SF may be the best option.

heretoday
02-04-2015, 03:29 PM
It's all going a bit pear-shaped.

NAE NOOKIE
02-04-2015, 03:38 PM

Bloody disaster ... one of the few players we seriously cant do without IMO and especially with Watson cup tied.

The lad Dunsmore seems to be highly rated by a few folk on here and I seem to remember Jordan Forster getting pitched in at the deep end at Tynecastle a few seasons back and having a very good game.

Roxyhibee
02-04-2015, 03:44 PM
That's why you have a developed pool of players in the squad, - so Forster no problems for me. Needs to re establish himself as an up and coming defender (which i think he can), as he was losing his defensive way a bit before his injury - but he adds a genuine goal threat at corners which we currently badly lack.

CropleyWasGod
02-04-2015, 03:53 PM
That's why you have a developed pool of players in the squad, - so Forster no problems for me. Needs to re establish himself as an up and coming defender (which i think he can), as he was losing his defensive way a bit before his injury - but he adds a genuine goal threat at corners which we currently badly lack.

Yeah, I was wondering about JF's future at the club.

Given that the club are developing this "3 for every position.... 1 starter, 1 reserve, 1 youth" philosophy, where do they see him? If Gray and Watson are 1 and 2 for RB, is JF number 2 for Centre Half?

Onceinawhile
02-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Has to be Watson in the league and Forster in the cup. Just need to make sure JF is ready to come in.

Keith_M
02-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Personally think this is a disaster for our promotion prospects.

I already have a feeling we're gonna lose the Cup SF (based on our record against Falkirk this season) and starting to lose confidence for the Play Offs.

Boyle89
02-04-2015, 04:18 PM
This was apparent in the Rangers game. From the first whistle he didn't look sharp and had to go off. This has been managed poorly imo.

B.H.F.C
02-04-2015, 04:20 PM
This was apparent in the Rangers game. From the first whistle he didn't look sharp and had to go off. This has been managed poorly imo.

Looked all right against Raith. Granted he kept missing the chances when he got in to positions but no problem getting up and down the pitch.

Gmack7
02-04-2015, 04:24 PM
As long as he's OK for the play off win against St Mirren, and the cup final victory against Celtic,he can take a break and put his feet up during the victory parade:thumbsup:

CB_NO3
02-04-2015, 05:43 PM
I have a feeling this is the norm with Gray. We obviously signed Watson due to the fact that you will struggle to get 4 games in a row with Gray. Class right back on his day but very injury prone. We may have to look elsewhere next year. Whats his contract?

Ronniekirk
02-04-2015, 06:47 PM
I have a feeling this is the norm with Gray. We obviously signed Watson due to the fact that you will struggle to get 4 games in a row with Gray. Class right back on his day but very injury prone. We may have to look elsewhere next year. Whats his contract?
Two years unless he has a get out clause in thier if we don't go up .but yes think it's clear now he is injury prone but it's not that long since his last op and this is another hamstring tear .

It's the Scottish Cup Gypsy Curse:confused:

Eyrie
02-04-2015, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about JF's future at the club.

Given that the club are developing this "3 for every position.... 1 starter, 1 reserve, 1 youth" philosophy, where do they see him? If Gray and Watson are 1 and 2 for RB, is JF number 2 for Centre Half?

More like number four, because Watson has been preferred as the back up when Hanlon's been out.

I'd give Forster a game or two at RB for the development squad because we'll need him there in the semi final.