PDA

View Full Version : Livingston...in trouble AGAIN!

Sylar
02-04-2015, 07:22 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/livingston/315846-livingston-wont-be-able-to-play-in-season-201516-unless-club-is-sold/

How many times will this club be the victim of cowboy owners?!

I'd say they need a supporters trust approach but I doubt they'd be able to get enough people/money together to run it properly.

MB62
02-04-2015, 10:32 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/livingston/315846-livingston-wont-be-able-to-play-in-season-201516-unless-club-is-sold/

How many times will this club be the victim of cowboy owners?!

I'd say they need a supporters trust approach but I doubt they'd be able to get enough people/money together to run it properly.

The club's not worth 2 bob anyway so I'm sure a supporter will be able to raise that to buy it out.

Never liked Livi, another club existing outwith their means for too many years.

GordonHFC
02-04-2015, 10:40 AM
A club taken from Edinburgh and stuck in the middle of West Lothian just because it didn't have a senior club. No means testing to see if it had a sustainable fan base and has been left to fester ever since.

NAE NOOKIE
02-04-2015, 11:02 AM
A club taken from Edinburgh and stuck in the middle of West Lothian just because it didn't have a senior club. No means testing to see if it had a sustainable fan base and has been left to fester ever since.

Yup ... They have been in Livingston for 20 years now and have made little or no progress in attracting support. Its a shame considering they have such a nice stadium compared to some clubs.

Craig_HFC
02-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Joke of a club. It's not a coincidence or bad luck that it keep's happening to them; it's just incompetence.

IWasThere2016
02-04-2015, 12:13 PM
Shut the door, and put the lights oot.

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2015, 12:16 PM
The Livi fans I know are good folk, and I feel for them. They've been pished on by board after board.

Smartie
02-04-2015, 12:19 PM
I think that there are a few "concept" clubs in Scotland that face a very uncertain future, clubs that seem to be incapable of living within the means that their fans generate without being propped up by some third party. Fine when there is a third party able to prop them up but not when that support is (inevitably) withdrawn at some point.

Livingston and (The) Rangers are two who spring to mind.

People sometimes moan about wee clubs like Ross County and Inverness being in the top league but at least they seem to be able to live within their means, seem to be sustainable and are there on merit.

PatHead
02-04-2015, 12:26 PM
I think that there are a few "concept" clubs in Scotland that face a very uncertain future, clubs that seem to be incapable of living within the means that their fans generate without being propped up by some third party. Fine when there is a third party able to prop them up but not when that support is (inevitably) withdrawn at some point.

Livingston and (The) Rangers are two who spring to mind.

People sometimes moan about wee clubs like Ross County and Inverness being in the top league but at least they seem to be able to live within their means and seem to be sustainable.

Think Ross County's chairman is fairly wealthy and they would not be where they are now without him. To be fair we have lived outwith our means for the last couple of years.

Still think Livy are a bunch of cheats though. What they did in the League Cup final was every bit as bad as Hearts' financial doping. They even kept loan players and ditched them the day after the final. Can't ever forgive them for that. They should do a Gretna and go down to non league then work their way up again.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2015, 12:49 PM
A club that took a trophy from us while in admin and not paying their bills.
Hope they go under.

Smartie
02-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Think Ross County's chairman is fairly wealthy and they would not be where they are now without him. To be fair we have lived outwith our means for the last couple of years.

Still think Livy are a bunch of cheats though. What they did in the League Cup final was every bit as bad as Hearts' financial doping. They even kept loan players and ditched them the day after the final. Can't ever forgive them for that. They should do a Gretna and go down to non league then work their way up again.

He is, and they are enjoying the benefits of that right now. Generally speaking though he doesn't just issue blank cheques to be wasted on players (although it has sometimes seemed like that at times recently) and has invested sensibly in infrastructure that should make the club sustainable whether they are in the top league or not. I'm sure they have a massive youth network all across that area as a result.

Basically they are not a club whose very existence would be under threat if they had a couple of poorer seasons on the park (as happens to teams from time to time).

And I think that it is ok for a team to live outwith its means for a year here or there (under special circumstances) as long as it isn't representative of a longer-term pattern - this will happen to just about every club at some point. They need to acknowledge it and address it though and not rely on the good nature/ mercy of people within Scottish football to bail them out again and again.

I have a problem with repeat offenders constantly getting into trouble and not learning, not unfortunates who may have been at the mercy of a dodgy individual or particularly unfortunate events.

kaimendhibs
02-04-2015, 01:24 PM
A club that took a trophy from us while in admin and not paying their bills.
Hope they go under.

Always maintained this!

EastCalderHibby
02-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Yup ... They have been in Livingston for 20 years now and have made little or no progress in attracting support. Its a shame considering they have such a nice stadium compared to some clubs.

I have a soft spot for livi and their fans , when they first came here they used to give away thousands of tickets every home game
to primary schools trying to drum up support and it worked for a while . but livi is full of hibs,hearts,celtic, and rangers fans so no realistic
chance of getting much bigger fan base, still think it was better than what they where getting as meadowbank though.
i personally hope it all works out for them

Gavin1875
02-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Good. Beat us in a final with a team they couldn't afford. The sooner they go under the better

EastCalderHibby
02-04-2015, 10:13 PM
Good. Beat us in a final with a team they couldn't afford

can afford cant afford makes no difference we still had a stronger team and should have done them

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-04-2015, 07:17 AM

Hope this happens to the cheats when they eventually move there, probably after Livi go defunct.