PDA

View Full Version : Can you please help a fellow Hibby?

marti1875
02-04-2015, 02:38 AM
Hi all,

http://www.gofundme.com/q4zysc

Ok, My name is Martin or Marti to friends, i am 45 born n bred here in good old Edinburgh, right at Easter Road in fact all my life almost i have lived. PLEASE keep reading i know it looks long but bear with me it is not easy to make very short and sweet, :greengrin

To cut to the chase i was diagnosed with cancer in Sep 2013, got a kidney removed, though we thought it all went great but no it wasn't to be. Last April 2014 i got told it was back and boy it was back, now it was terminal! Not letting it phase me i have battled on, my g/f and step daughter are Thai.
I take care of my wee one financially and lovingly too and love her like she is my own wee girl and she regards me as her "daddy". i managed to get over 2 times since last year and it was great apart from last time where i was taken seriously ill in Bangkok and had to be rushed home where i was then given the even WORSE news that now they were sending me home basically to die as there is not a thing more they can do for me and it will be anything between 2/3 weeks up to a max of say 3/4 months maybe.

What i am asking is for any help in donations to help fund my wee education over there as i take care of her and send her to boarding school which she loves. I Have a little svings to help but a friends insisted she helps set up this go fund me page to get help funding the education. Lets put it this way, without help she will come out her lovely good school, fall into a truly awful government school, ie no education at all, and quite possibly end up being preyed upon by horrible people from Bangkok who lure young pretty girls down to "work" i am sure i don't need to spell it out!! The thought of this turns my stomach and i want the best for my wee girl before i die, this is all i want.

I will finish by saying i will gain absolutely NOTHING at all from this apart from the knowledge of seeing that hopefully my little Khaimook will be able to stay at achool and be happy in her life before i finally die, this is all i want, it is NOT about me or my cancer and the pain i am currently suffering, it is about her only ok.

Please go to my funding page for litle Khaimook and give as much or as little as you can ok, the amount does not matter at all it is the thought and the donation, also you can share the link to friends, family, etc. I am possibly going to be on a tv show, but only very early talks yet, a paper called The Samui Times is definitely going to run the full story too and possibly more to come so lets help this wee girl and help her on her way in life and save her from the clutches of vile people.

Anything else please do just ask me and i will answer as soon as i can ok, and please go easy as i am going through a rough time ok so play nice if you can, ha ha. Here is the link below: Admins if it goes to a dead link can you help??? i am lost?? Thank you for listening if you got this far and thsnk you fellow Hibby's in advance of anybdonations you can help with ok.

http://www.gofundme.com/q4zysc

Pete
02-04-2015, 05:46 AM
Best of luck to you Marti and I hope the rest of your journey is filled with happiness for both you and your family.

Pete.

marti1875
02-04-2015, 06:41 AM
Best of luck to you Marti and I hope the rest of your journey is filled with happiness for both you and your family.

Pete.

Thanks Peter, even kind words give me hope and inspiration to keep on going with this in what is an awful time.

This story is only some of it as well, there is so much more personal heartache behind my g/f's life previous to this, she really is amazing just how she is coping with all this now as well.

Thanks again ok, :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
02-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Marti, I'm glad you've put this out there to your fellow Hibby's :aok: I've shared the link on the Leith Links Facebook page so hopefully you'll get even more coverage/donations there too. All the best, Susan.

marti1875
02-04-2015, 01:47 PM
Marti, I'm glad you've put this out there to your fellow Hibby's :aok: I've shared the link on the Leith Links Facebook page so hopefully you'll get even more coverage/donations there too. All the best, Susan.

Again Su thank you so much for your help it really is great to know people do care and like to help. A couple of great donations have been made and it really took my breath away as well on my funding page, It gets me really emotional too, ha ha....:greengrin

Thanks again and if i see it vanishing of the first page i'll be a right pain and try to give it a cheeky wee "bump" to get it back on top......much to people's annoyance i guess...ha ha. :wink::aok:

Marti.

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Wee donation sent. It's a great thing you're doing, Marti. I'm so sorry to hear about your illness, you're far too young, and I don't know what to say. Very best of luck in raising the amount you need.

marti1875
03-04-2015, 07:48 AM
Wee donation sent. It's a great thing you're doing, Marti. I'm so sorry to hear about your illness, you're far too young, and I don't know what to say. Very best of luck in raising the amount you need.

Thank you very much :thumbsup: I did notice this morning that you had indeed made a donation and a comment so good on ya.

It's coming along slowly and only a handful of donations from fellow Hibby's but it's only been 1 day and i look at it positively, in that it is a handful of donations i would never have had if i was not allowed to post my dire situation on here in the first place.

So Every single penny counts to me no matter how much or little and lets hope that maybe there will be a handful more as more people read it. As i said to Suzy i will be a pain and if i see it getting lost and dropping off the front page i will be a right pain and "bump" it back up again, ha ha :greengrin

Once again, thank you for taking the time to not only read my story but also to donate as well. :not worth

marti1875
03-04-2015, 08:23 AM
Marti, where about on Easter Road did you grow up, and what school were you at? I think I might know you,Frank says you used to live near the Dawson Park.

http://www.bobservant.com/books.html

I stayed at the top end of E.R opposite Middletons almost for most of my life apart from when i was married for 13yrs i moved to Restalrig.

Now back "home" at the parents whom sadly at their age in life are having to take care of me when it should be the other way around!

Went to Abbeyhill primary then Drummond as i was seemingly 1 door the wrong way to go to Leith Academy or some nonsense like that .

:aok: :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2015, 09:37 AM
Apologies to all for raising concerns. Maybe I'm over cynical - I wish Marti well in his final journey, and hope that he raises enough money to fund his dream for his daughter.

marti1875
03-04-2015, 10:04 AM
All you have to do is look on the go fund me page and then scroll down on all the comments that should tell you anyway i am genuine anout this and ot fake trolling or scammiing as that reall yhas angered me and insulted me greatly.

Also all the different things people are doing for me and to help little Khaimook like a big band night in Canada and all proceeds coming to help me, sponsored walk by 2 friends, race fore life by 2 friends car boot sales......i can assure you i am not Thai whatsoever ok!! :na na:

Been called a few things in my time but never Thai so that's a good new one to add to the list!! ha ha :greengrin

FranckSuzy
03-04-2015, 10:27 AM
OK, good luck. I'm sure you've got a lot going on in your life. Please don't waste any more energy worrying about my questions.

Was it really necessary to ask your "questions" on Marti's fundraising page? You have a reply, mind....

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Was it really necessary to ask your "questions" on Marti's fundraising page? You have a reply, mind....

Lets not go any further with this. Online scams exist - it would be foolish to give money to somebody without trying to establish they are a real person.

It's a hell of a job when you get taken to the cleaners for showing a bit of due diligence.

I am big enough to admit a mistake, and will take the money (£100 cash) to him in person if somebody tells me where he lives.

MSK
03-04-2015, 10:36 AM
Lets not go any further with this. Online scams exist - it would be foolish to give money to somebody without trying to establish they are a real person.

It's a hell of a job when you get taken to the cleaners for showing a bit of due diligence.

I am big enough to admit a mistake, and will take the money (£100 cash) to him in person if somebody tells me where he lives.Kamphaeng Phet in Thailand ..

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Kamphaeng Phet in Thailand ..

This confused me:

I stayed at the top end of E.R opposite Middletons almost for most of my life apart from when i was married for 13yrs i moved to Restalrig.

Now back "home" at the parents whom sadly at their age in life are having to take care of me when it should be the other way around!

Went to Abbeyhill primary then Drummond as i was seemingly 1 door the wrong way to go to Leith Academy or some nonsense like that .

If Marti is in Thailand with his parents, I will happily donate the money by electronic transfer, if somebody in Edinburgh, or who can prove their identity will vouch for him.

Edit: I am going out for a few hours. I promise to check this when I get back - approx. 5 pm. If someone who knows Martin can send me a PM and reassure me, I am happy to send £100 by transfer.

MSK
03-04-2015, 10:50 AM
This confused me:

If Marti is in Thailand with his parents, I will happily donate the money by electronic transfer, if somebody in Edinburgh, or who can prove their identity will vouch for him.Ok, heres a suggestion..pm him for his address..I don't think its a good idea for him to be giving out his or his parents home address on a public forum ..

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Ok, heres a suggestion..pm him for his address..I don't think its a good idea for him to be giving out his or his parents home address on a public forum ..

Will do - I have also asked his friends on Facebook to get in touch with me. If they can prove who they are and reassure me, I am happy to meet them in Edinburgh, apologise and hand over the cash.

I am not trying to hide from anyone.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2015, 11:06 AM
C'mon guys.

Situation has been dealt with, let's move on and not stir it please. It's totally inappropriate.

sleeping giant
03-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Let's not get this thread deleted folks.

Offer is there from one of his pals to meet FR to accept the donation.

Sad story.

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Let's not get this thread deleted folks.

Offer is there from one of his pals to meet FR to accept the donation.

Sad story.

Happy to meet him, or anybody who can vouch for this being a legitimate story. If someone collects for charity at my door, I am able to check their ID.

Jay
03-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Happy to meet him, or anybody who can vouch for this being a legitimate story. If someone collects for charity at my door, I am able to check their ID.

Will you just stop? Youve said more than was required or respectful in the first place. If you dont want to donate for whatever reason just dont do it,no need for the circus.

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Will you just stop? Youve said more than was required or respectful in the first place. If you dont want to donate for whatever reason just dont do it,no need for the circus.

Will do. I've Pm'd the OP, asking for more information, I'm also waiting to hear from a friend of his on the FB page.

I appreciate now that the admins. on here have fully looked into this, and are happy it is a bone fide case. I had a few concerns, but will raise these directly with the individuals.

As I've said elsewhere, you are usually able to ask for ID when somebody is collecting for charity. Sorry if its distasteful for asking awkward questions, but I'm sure nobody wants a well meaning case to miss out. It's just possible that by clearing these matters up that more people will be happy to donate.

I thought the thread in the Holy Ground was a reasonable way to discuss how we can reassure ourselves that we are dealing with genuine cases. I know its a long time ago but the case of Irvine Jambo springs to mind - we all got taken in by that. But, if the admins. on here are able to check these things then I'll happily consider future charity cases on their merits.

Marti I am sorry for the distress this might cause you. I have sent you a PM, and if you are happy for me to take the money to your parents (meaning that no admin. fee is deducted from my donation http://www.highya.com/gofundme-reviews) then I will be humbled and happy to meet your request.

I have seen people die from cancer, and I want to reassure you that it is not lack of compassion that has led to me asking the questions. By the sound of things you've had a lot on your plate, and you probably weren't aware how many wicked people there are in the world.

In addition to the money I am promising, I'd like to offer to do some more fundraising for you. I have a few friends who are in bands and I would like to run a fundraising night with the proceeds going to your charity.

Please answer my PM as soon as you can, and we'll get the ball rolling.

Thecat23
03-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Will do. I've Pm'd the OP, asking for more information, I'm also waiting to hear from a friend of his on the FB page.

I appreciate now that the admins. on here have fully looked into this, and are happy it is a bone fide case. I had a few concerns, but will raise these directly with the individuals.

As I've said elsewhere, you are usually able to ask for ID when somebody is collecting for charity. Sorry if its distasteful for asking awkward questions, but I'm sure nobody wants a well meaning case to miss out. It's just possible that by clearing these matters up that more people will be happy to donate.

I thought the thread in the Holy Ground was a reasonable way to discuss how we can reassure ourselves that we are dealing with genuine cases. I know its a long time ago but the case of Irvine Jambo springs to mind - we all got taken in by that. But, if the admins. on here are able to check these things then I'll happily consider future charity cases on their merits.

Marti I am sorry for the distress this might cause you. I have sent you a PM, and if you are happy for me to take the money to your parents (meaning that no admin. fee is deducted from my donation http://www.highya.com/gofundme-reviews) then I will be humbled and happy to meet your request.

I have seen people die from cancer, and I want to reassure you that it is not lack of compassion that has led to me asking the questions. By the sound of things you've had a lot on your plate, and you probably weren't aware how many wicked people there are in the world.

In addition to the money I am promising, I'd like to offer to do some more fundraising for you. I have a few friends who are in bands and I would like to run a fundraising night with the proceeds going to your charity.

Please answer my PM as soon as you can, and we'll get the ball rolling.

I'll be honest here, I was a bit suspect when I first read this as I've seen many scams in the past so I do see why you are asking these questions.

I'll also be donating Marti and can I say that I'm very sorry for what you are facing and I hope you have all the love and support from family and friends. I wish you all the best mate.

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2015, 02:18 PM
I've been in contact with Martin. If anybody wants to know how the conversation went, please PM me.

Here's more information about this disturbing story.

http://www.samuitimes.com/terminally-ill-ex-samui-resident-dying-wishes-for-his-daughter-in-thailand/

Jay
03-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Why have you turned this thread into 'all about me'? How many I's have you typed. Get over yourself for goodness sake!

marti1875
03-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Ok right to clear some things up to avoid confusion as it seems to be getting rather silly this and making me totally regret even bothering in the first place as it is getting me upset and agitated and i cannot relax with constant messages from a certain person whom i have asked to stop and leave me alone already.

Ok....i am NOT in Thailand right now, I just have not changed my location back yet as i came straight nome right to the western then to my parents where i currently live ok at E.R.

NOW EDITED TO SHOW I AM IN EDINBURGH!!

This was supposedly sorted out earlier as a good friend of mine who was at the hospital with me just about a week ago kindly agreed to try to sort this out and help.
He has agreed to meet this poster from here and arrange the donation....or so we thought!

And since that arrangement he has decided to seemingly forget/ignore this meeting and not mention this to me (even though i knew about it) but still insists on coming to my home or meeting me at my home or getting my parents who are in their 80's to go and meet him.

I told him i knew he was meeting my mate but as he seems to have strangely forgot this meeting that i wanted nothing more to do with him, thanks for showing intrest in donating but this is just getting too weird for me so to please leave me alone....to which i have just got yet ANOTHER message asking for my address again!

I have already said i am mainly disabled right now, one of my legs is practically dead and in lots of pain so i will not be moving or going anywhere as i cannot move and neither will my old parents....he knows this and still insists on coming to my home which is getting disturbing now.

My friend is baffled as he has noot been told he is not meeting him tomorrow so now you see how weird this is??. he seems to be playing some sort of game and i don't want this guy anywhere near my house at all!!

On the "go fund me" page if you see the comments on all the donations it is quite easy to see and tell about this i would've thought. I Have a few bands playing a big gig in canada and all proceeds are coming to me for little Khaimook as a mate plays in one of them and is organising it all, i have a sponsored walk from 2 girls in a pub here in Edinburgh, my local up town, and also the race for life being done too by them as well. I have car boot sales being done by friends in England too. I also was featured in The Samui Times just yesterday in a full story. also waiting to hear back from that Edinburgh channel on TV as they have all the details......mind you...not sure if i went on there if i could control myself if that twonk Ewan whatshisname was there too.....ha ha :greengrin

http://www.samuitimes.com/terminally-ill-ex-samui-resident-dying-wishes-for-his-daughter-in-thailand/

There is the link with the full story as well from yesterdays news. i am joping to get toma game at E.R. before i die for sure nut tomorrow is too soon and i need tomfatyen up a nut first to get some padding to sit on tjos hard plastic seats first so i vowed i will make it for one game as i thas been a long time and want one final game at E.R ok. I am normally very positive but tnis gets me down as i am emotionally drained by it all ok.

Anything else you wish to know ask and i will answer as soon as i can as my pain levels go up and down ok. Please be patient....hope some of this clarify's what has been going on here, my position and how goalposts keep getting moved.

Marti.

FranckSuzy
03-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Marti

I am extremely sorry it has come down to you feeling as though you have to justify yourself to this individual.

You have enough going on just now without this extra stress BUT please take heart from the fact the majority of decent people wish you well and would never, ever even think about questioning your motives.

I hope you can get some rest/peace and put this unfortunate episode out of your head as there are far more important things for you to focus on right now.

Take care of yourself and I sincerely hope you can get along to Easter Road soon (I have a plan so will be in touch :wink:)

Susan

Iain G
03-04-2015, 03:36 PM
Marti

I am extremely sorry it has come down to you feeling as though you have to justify yourself to this individual.

You have enough going on just now without this extra stress BUT please take heart from the fact the majority of decent people wish you well and would never, ever even think about questioning your motives.

I hope you can get some rest/peace and put this unfortunate episode out of your head as there are far more important things for you to focus on right now.

Take care of yourself and I sincerely hope you can get along to Easter Road soon (I have a plan so will be in touch :wink:)

Susan

We all wish him well.

But I think FR asked questions a lot of folks would ask on reading the first post. Alas we are in an age where phishing scams do happen and someone has to ask these akward questions.

Hibernia&Alba
03-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Marti

Susan

Well said. It's sad to see what's happened to this thread, and I'm sure many .netters will chip in. Marti has been a member of the forum since 2006, and that's good enough for me.

marti1875
03-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Well said. It's sad to see what's happened to this thread, and I'm sure many .netters will chip in. Marti has been a member of the forum since 2006, and that's good enough for me.

Thanks again for your support it. does mean a lot. I have been a member since 2006 but mot posted too much as i lke to read more than anything.....the way this thread has went is the sad reason i don't post too many times as i really cannot be bothered with the hassle like this, ha ha. Never mind moved now to aother forum so probably will slow right down now because of this person as less coverage here i'd guess.

FranckSuzy
03-04-2015, 05:19 PM
We all wish him well.

But I think FR asked questions a lot of folks would ask on reading the first post. Alas we are in an age where phishing scams do happen and someone has to ask these akward questions.

That's all very well but the admins could have been contacted discretely if there were any concerns and there's a 'nice' way of verifying someone's identity. Now, due to one person's actions, the thread has been moved so potentially less donations will come in. Very sad.

Peevemor
03-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Now that the authenticity of the OP has been established I''m probably not alone in being a bit surprised at the personal nature of the appeal. Ordinarily we see requests for help for specific charities or events but not for a member of someone's family (or as close as it gets).

That made me think what I would do to try to secure the future of my daughters if I found myself in Marti's situation. The answer, of course, is almost anything.

So I'll certainly be chipping in what I can over the weekend and hope that others continue to do the same.

All the best Marti, I admire your courage, general outlook and positive vibe in what must be an incredibly difficult time.

GGTTH and the Hi-Bee family.

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Folks, I appreciate how my posts look. If it's any reassurance, I am exchanging messages with Marti. We've agreed that it was a misunderstanding.

Unfortunately he is not well enough to keep talking at the moment, but he is keen to take me up on the offer of running a benefit gig for him.

If you are prepared to let me eat humble pie, then details of that will be available once we can get something together.

Please appreciate that sometimes awkward questions have to be asked. I am sure that Marti is not the type, but other unscrupulous individuals do exploit other people's better nature.

marti1875
03-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Now that the authenticity of the OP has been established I''m probably not alone in being a bit surprised at the personal nature of the appeal. Ordinarily we see requests for help for specific charities or events but not for a member of someone's family (or as close as it gets).

That made me think what I would do to try to secure the future of my daughters if I found myself in Marti's situation. The answer, of course, is almost anything.

So I'll certainly be chipping in what I can over the weekend and hope that others continue to do the same.

All the best Marti, I admire your courage, general outlook and positive vibe in what must be an incredibly difficult time.

GGTTH and the Hi-Bee family.

:thumbsup: Cheers for that mate, i appreciate it. I have no qualms about anyone wishing to verify me but the way tnis person was going anout it and moving goalposts etc was just not very pleasant. INSISTING all the time about my home address constantly it was just getting just weird and creeping me out somewhat, ha ha. Especially when it is all on my go fund me page that a mate of mine has contacted him and it seemed all sorted...but no, he then started back here wanting to come to my house again.....very odd.

So anyway it was only a final despairing try for help, nothing more nothing less. Just to help my wee one whom i love dearly as my own little girl, just doing as you say what most normal minded fathers would want if they were in the same situation i am sure for their own families.

It has just upset me and made me slightly sick this afternoon tom be made to feel so bad and i was almost at the stage of pulling the whole lot as it had wound me up so much.

So it is good to hear some decent words from someone and i have calmed again....so again thank you, just a pity this person has managed to get this thread moved to this forum which is not nearly so busy as the other one so nowhere near the same coverage now...maybe that was the aim, who knows.....

Thank you once again and anything is gratefully accepted as i have said all along ok, cheers,

Marti.

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2015, 06:40 PM
That's all very well but the admins could have been contacted discretely if there were any concerns and there's a 'nice' way of verifying someone's identity. Now, due to one person's actions, the thread has been moved so potentially less donations will come in. Very sad.

Yes lessons have to be learned now matter how old we are. As a fellow nurse, I'm sure you've been in situations where you have had to challenge assumptions and been unpopular for it. I'm happier to take the flak now, than how I would feel if it did turn out to be sinister and I hadn't raised concerns.

In fairness, I didn't move the thread, I only asked questions. I'm sure you could have a word with some of your pals in admin. to get it moved back.

Like it or not, some people do exploit these situations, and take advantage of other people's humanity. I am still talking to Marti, and we are very much working towards a solution. As he said, maybe we got off on the wrong foot. If I could turn back the clock I would, but I can't.

It's no excuse, Matron, but it didn't help when you brought the job into it. You must know that a dispassionate approach to care is sometimes needed. It's quite hurtful for you to suggest that I was taking some sort of pleasure from the situation.

It's regrettable that some of the exchanges between me and Marti were removed. When people see blank spaces, they start filling in their own information.

I think it is only right for somebody to ask who a person asking for £20,000 actually is. Marti appreciates this, and has accepted my offer to run a benefit night for him.

It would be great if he was able to accept your kind offer of going to the game. I'd give you what I can raise to pass on to him.

Meantime, let me make it clear that I am not trying to get out of paying up. I think the post was deleted - but to show good faith, if Marti's story isn't genuine (and I'd be very surprised if it wasn't) then I'll give £100 to Leith Links.

It's not about me - despite what has been suggested so far.

Anyway onwards, and upwards, I've given Marti a few ideas for delivering the money to him. He's said he's not comfortable in giving out his address, phone number, or post code. Hopefully he'll be able to pass on details of the hospital he's being treated in - it would be a safe and neutral environment to hand over the money.

Phil D. Rolls
03-04-2015, 06:47 PM
:thumbsup: Cheers for that mate, i appreciate it. I have no qualms about anyone wishing to verify me but the way tnis person was going anout it and moving goalposts etc was just not very pleasant. INSISTING all the time about my home address constantly it was just getting just weird and creeping me out somewhat, ha ha. Especially when it is all on my go fund me page that a mate of mine has contacted him and it seemed all sorted...but no, he then started back here wanting to come to my house again.....very odd.

So anyway it was only a final despairing try for help, nothing more nothing less. Just to help my wee one whom i love dearly as my own little girl, just doing as you say what most normal minded fathers would want if they were in the same situation i am sure for their own families.

It has just upset me and made me slightly sick this afternoon tom be made to feel so bad and i was almost at the stage of pulling the whole lot as it had wound me up so much.

So it is good to hear some decent words from someone and i have calmed again....so again thank you, just a pity this person has managed to get this thread moved to this forum which is not nearly so busy as the other one so nowhere near the same coverage now...maybe that was the aim, who knows.....

Thank you once again and anything is gratefully accepted as i have said all along ok, cheers,

Marti.

Sorry Marti, I think you must have typed this before you read my last PM and the post I just sent to FS.

Would you be happier if I could give you the money at hospital - or some other neutral venue. You also said I had arranged to meet your friend - I offered to meet him but he didn't make arrangements.

Anyway it's all about getting the money to you. As I explained I didn't like to send the money through that internet site, as they take an administration fee. You are a bit worried about giving out your personal details - so maybe we can find a compromise such as I give the money to Frank Suzy, who is going to try and get you to Easter Road?

As I said, I didn't ask for this thread to be moved. I only asked who you were. As you say, that was a misunderstanding, and I hope you are still as keen for me to do a benefit night as you were when you sent the PM.

gringojoe
03-04-2015, 06:49 PM
I can vouch for Martin, I worked with him, went to football with him season ticket holders in North Stand with him when it first opened and got pissed lots of times in the Percy and Nicol Edwards with him.

marti1875
04-04-2015, 05:38 AM
Cheers gringojoe for that ok :greengrin

Right lets hope this can all get going again and without all the hassles. Yesterday affected me and brought in some horrible pains as i was stressing out way too much considering my health position i am in. :agree:

I do believe this has been asked to be moved back to the main thread for a while but all "cleaned" up and without our bickering, confusing posts. So i really do hope so to get max coverage, even for a few days?:confused:

Hopefully from a Mod with the TWO links where one tells my full story and was the main story of the day in The Samui Times in Thailand and the other link that takes you to the "go fund me" page for my wee one where there is and has to be a much shortened version.

Also that the mods will confirm i am genuine and then we can see this a nice new fresh thread, nice and simple all friendly all singing and dancing happy one this time now we seem to have things all sorted out at last with me DEFINITELY NOT being Thai ok, ha ha :thumbsup:

Lets wait and see how they think of it as it has been suggested to do this i believe so.......

In the meantime you can still click on the links at the top of my OP if anyone is even interested now of course....maybe all scared off now but i do sincerely hope not, it was/is just to get more coverage and help my wee one before i die mothing sinister whatsoever......i though tit was a food idea to get it on here as well!! ha ha :greengrin

Yes Phill d rolls i am really hoping to see if my legs recover and i can walk again for long enough to get to a game at E.R. before i do depart this world so fingers crossed as i would love it to be back just the one more time for sure so, here's to my health being controlled long enough! :aok:

Thanks guys and girls everything and anything is so much appreciated ok no matter the amount how big or how small, you can also do it anonymously too by just typing anonymous person in the name even if you wish.

Cheers and thanks to all who have already donated too ok, :aok::not worth

FranckSuzy
04-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Admins, please can this thread be moved back to the MB since the main antagonist has left the building? :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
04-04-2015, 09:34 AM
why on earth has FR been emptied, can people not learn how to use the ignore button :dunno:

silverhibee
04-04-2015, 09:56 AM
why on earth has FR been emptied, can people not learn how to use the ignore button :dunno:

Yip, i think he should have used it as well, oh well.Not as if he wasn't warned about 10 times in this thread alone.

marti1875
04-04-2015, 10:01 AM
For your info i see people yet again jumping to conclusions i had absolutely NOTHING to do with if he has gone or not...nothing so get that straight ok, i. have never used a report button in my life andno clue where it even is.
I never done anythinig here ffs!!! :confused:

silverhibee
04-04-2015, 10:55 AM
For your info i see people yet again jumping to conclusions i had absolutely NOTHING to do with if he has gone or not...nothing so get that straight ok, i. have never used a report button in my life andno clue where it even is.
I never done anythinig here ffs!!! :confused:

Not your fault he has gone Marti.

Stay strong. :aok:

Hiber-nation
04-04-2015, 10:56 AM

If he'd contacted the guy privately instead of broadcasting everything on the main board there would be no problem.

marti1875
04-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Not your fault he has gone Marti.

Stay strong. :aok:

Cheers Silver, your words are music to my ears after the nonsense from before that was just getting silly so i thank you for your support. :aok:

Hiber-nation: Thank you too but there actually WAS PM's too but it was just getting weird and quite disturbing in some then normal in some but anyway, lets forget this all as my wee thread has gone off track and the point seems to now have been missed......well maybe not but still....ha ha...i just want a relaxing day and to hear we have won as well as yesterday this stressed me out too much....thanks all ok. :aok::not worth

Iain G
04-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Perhaps some lessons to be learned all round about how a thread like this, which is very personal and emotive and where someone is asking for donations, is published and promoted on here?

Am sure a validation or a statement that all has been ok'd by the admin team may have avoided this situation and given everyone asking the akward questions FR did bring up early in the thread would have been reassured all was good.

Anyway good luck Martin! :-)

MSK
04-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Perhaps some lessons to be learned all round about how a thread like this, which is very personal and emotive and where someone is asking for donations, is published and promoted on here?

Am sure a validation or a statement that all has been ok'd by the admin team may have avoided this situation and given everyone asking the akward questions FR did bring up early in the thread would have been reassured all was good.

Anyway good luck Martin! :-)I posted this in response to a question on the Private Members board (before the op deleted the thread)

Common sense & trust ..the IJ "incident" happened a long time ago & since then we have had a few requests that have caused no issues whatsoever.

No-one is twisting arms up backs, if they don't want to give then they don't give, its as simple as that.

The thread that seems to be "creating interest" was put before & discussed by Admins before it went onto the main forum, if there was any element of doubt then it wouldn't have went up

Iain G
04-04-2015, 12:39 PM
I posted this in response to a question on the Private Members board (before the op deleted the thread)

Common sense & trust ..the IJ "incident" happened a long time ago & since then we have had a few requests that have caused no issues whatsoever.

No-one is twisting arms up backs, if they don't want to give then they don't give, its as simple as that.

The thread that seems to be "creating interest" was put before & discussed by Admins before it went onto the main forum, if there was any element of doubt then it wouldn't have went up

Far enough. I wondered if a wee statement from an Admin, along the lines of what you posted above, in the initial post might just help people take it at a little more at face value and in good faith.

Lots of folks do take such requests for financial help with a pinch of salt which is just a reality of life online.

MSK
04-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Far enough. I wondered if a wee statement from an Admin, along the lines of what you posted above, in the initial post might just help people take it at a little more at face value and in good faith.

Lots of folks do take such requests for financial help with a pinch of salt which is just a reality of life online.We shouldn't have to give statements, most if not all requests for charity donation threads go through Admin first before they go live on the forums, that in itself should be enough ..

The thread got out of hand & it was dealt with by Admins..

We move on ..

Iain G
04-04-2015, 01:01 PM
We shouldn't have to give statements, most if not all requests for charity donation threads go through Admin first before they go live on the forums, that in itself should be enough ..

The thread got out of hand & it was dealt with by Admins..

We move on ..

No I agree you shouldnt have to, but it may help :-)

Anyway, moving on :-)

marti1875
04-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Yes i fully agree....so you pair move on will you eh? huh...what are you like...heh heh Away and get yer dosh out quick quick. :greengrin :wink:

Yes all forgotten and onwards and upwards...well i hope as now on here seeing i got rudely "relegated" down to the bottom league the momentum has gone after an initial flurry of good things at the beginning....i shall try to return and fight my way back up to the top league and the Holy Grail of the main forum once more, ha ha :aok::thumbsup:

Still got my humour thankfully, well, what humour i ever had to start with of course which was admittedly not much....:na na:

marti1875
07-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Well on looking at things this thread is a dead duck floating in the water now since being unceremoniously dumped into the dungeons in here, :greengrin

Coverage since it moved here has fell right off and just as a handful of donations were beginning to come in whilst it was on the main thread it has stopped dead now since it got moved and of course many would have no idea where it even vanished to as it did literally move very quickly with no warning where to as even i had no idea at first when i came back to look and it was gone, ha ha :greengrin

The carry-on never helped either of course but hey ho, nothing i can do about that now so nothing to gain by going back over that again, it's finished.

So, i am heading in to St Columba's Hospice soon, hopefully this week in fact a.s.a.p just to get much needed close attention for my pain relief as it is not very good right now and getting worse but hteybate busy though...yes, you even have to queue up to die in this country, ha ha...dying to get in dying to get oot i think, :greengrin

Thanks to a couple of lovely people on here i am getting things sorted to be able to hopefully make it back to E.R for a game before the season ends which would probably be my last game ever if my condition doesn't get a miracle to heal it so i hope and pray i will make it for one wee final visit to the stadium.

So, to any admins just ditch or close this thread now ok as there is no life in it any more....a wee bit like myself, ha ha :aok:

To everyone who gave messages of support and to the few who had indeed donated i thank you so very much indeed as the donations i did from you are a handful lof donations i wouldn't have got if i didn't get permission to put this thread up in the first place so some good did come of this even though it was short and sweet and deteriorated rather quickly in a short space of time, ha ha :greengrin
It was and is very much appreciated....even to the token Yam who donated too! He said came onto the main thread, read my links and the full story so then came to go fund me and donated so big thumbs up to you mate if you do manage to read this ok. :aok:

Thanks again guys and girls :not worth:hibees

Jay
07-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Hey Marti, im glad your going to get sorted with pain relief and probably some good company at the hospice, its a place thats well spoken of by everybody i know who has had family members there.
Can i just say that threads like yours pretty much always go in the dug out, yours got an extra wee while on the main forum than the norm. I dont want you to think it was unceremoniously dumped or hidden away.

marti1875
07-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Hey Marti, im glad your going to get sorted with pain relief and probably some good company at the hospice, its a place thats well spoken of by everybody i know who has had family members there.
Can i just say that threads like yours pretty much always go in the dug out, yours got an extra wee while on the main forum than the norm. I dont want you to think it was unceremoniously dumped or hidden away.

Ah cheers Mrs S. i hadn't a clue as i went away as i was gettting bombarded on thr go fund me page and on here in public and private so i went off as it was stressing me...but when i came back it was gone so i just assumed it got moved due to the silly way it seemed tombe transpiring and losing the whole point , ha ha :greengrin

Yes St Columba's has had a multi million facelift recently so it's supposed to be really well done inside so i will soon find out hopefully...if they have any space that is, :agree::greengrin

Inwas supposed to go inlast week before Easter but there was "no room at the Inn" so to speak which i did and do find amusing as i said in my post before this one, :greengrin

Cheers for that as i never knew, all i saw was the way it was getting a but silly then it had vanished to here so......:aok:

gringojoe
26-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Martin lost his battle with cancer and died this morning. RIP.

Hiber-nation
26-06-2015, 05:17 PM
So sorry to hear that.

Jay
26-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Sad news.

RIP Martin x

Hibrandenburg
26-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Incredibly sad. RIP Martin.

MSK
26-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Martin lost his battle with cancer and died this morning. RIP.Sorry to hear that, thoughts to Martins family

HibbyAndy
26-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Gutted, RIP Martin and condolences to your family.

Mr White
26-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Sad news. I hope he managed to raise some money for his family in thailand as it was obviously important to him as a last wish. RIP Martin.