PDA

View Full Version : Scott Robertson signing for Dundee?

Billychaotic182
01-04-2015, 03:00 PM
My boss from Dundee just told me that he has signed a precontract with Dundee. Any truth in this? He said its all the talk on their fourms.

Big_Franck
01-04-2015, 03:01 PM
My boss from Dundee just told me that he has signed a precontract with Dundee. Any truth in this? He said its all the talk on their fourms.

I'd hope not as he's been much better for us this season and would be a loss to us IMO. If we get promoted it'd be a backward step for him.

hibsfan7
01-04-2015, 03:01 PM
More like an APRIL FOOL

J-C
01-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Sounds like an April fool but I wouldn't be surprised especially if we've not made an effort to get him signed up. There seems to be 1 or 2 key players needing signed up and as yet nothing has been mentioned, Stevenson and Fontaine to name but 2.

Billychaotic182
01-04-2015, 03:11 PM
More like an APRIL FOOL

Hope so. Just passing on what I heard and seeing if it was true or not

woodythehibee
01-04-2015, 03:13 PM
He does still stay there so would be easier for him instead of travelling everyday to Edinburgh which is a bit of a nightmare.

If offered a deal at Hibs, I would expect him to stay as he loves it at Hibs.

Ozyhibby
01-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Players will have to leave if we are to improve. We are miles behind Hearts just now. If we wants to change that then players will have to go to make room for improvements.
I like Robertson but if he has to go, so be it.

jacomo
01-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Players will have to leave if we are to improve. We are miles behind Hearts just now. If we wants to change that then players will have to go to make room for improvements.

Are you kidding? The risk is surely the other way round with Robertson - if he leaves, will we be able to replace him?

I'd love to get to a place where a player like him is not good enough to get a game, because we'd have a stronger squad. But he has been one of our mainstays this season.

Ozyhibby
01-04-2015, 03:44 PM
Are you kidding? The risk is surely the other way round with Robertson - if he leaves, will we be able to replace him?

I'd love to get to a place where a player like him is not good enough to get a game, because we'd have a stronger squad. But he has been one of our mainstays this season.

But we have still not been good enough. We need to improve and it is likely to mean out of contract players moving on. That's life. He would not be my first choice but others who have done less well have longer contracts.

jacomo
01-04-2015, 03:49 PM
But we have still not been good enough. We need to improve and it is likely to mean out of contract players moving on. That's life. He would not be my first choice but others who have done less well have longer contracts.

Had we put this squad together in August, I reckon we would have been good enough.

Also, have to acknowledge that Hearts' consistency this season has been freakish - but if we had been closer to them it might have been a different story.

NAE NOOKIE
01-04-2015, 03:59 PM
April fool joke IMO ......... why sign a pre contract with promotion & the Scottish up still up for grabs?

hibeemikey21
01-04-2015, 04:06 PM
April fool joke IMO ......... why sign a pre contract with promotion & the Scottish up still up for grabs?

Because he could win the cup here and then move to a premiership team in the summer.......

silverhibee
01-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Can't see anything on any Dundee forums.

Billychaotic182
01-04-2015, 04:26 PM

Yeah I went looking too and couldn't find anything. He might have just been taking the mick but who knows. Like to add I'm not trying to prank is its just what I was told.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2015, 04:29 PM

Ozzy's right, if we want to bring in new players, we need to lose a few as well, we can't just keep adding to the player pool

Pretty Boy
01-04-2015, 04:33 PM
Couple of points:

We're going to see these rumours circulate around a few players until we know what league we are playing in next year. The likes of Robertson, Fontaine, Stevenson and Fyvie might feel there will be better offers available should we stay down another year.

Secondly if we want to bring new players in then we have to accept that others will leave. There were plenty upset about losing McPake and Thomson but it's fair to say that Fontaine, Allan and Fyvie have been higher quality replacements. There isn't an infinite pot of money and there isn't infinite space in the squad.

scoopyboy
01-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Scoopyboy understands that if we beat Falkirk in the semi it will allow Hibs to offer contracts virtually right away.

If however we lose.............................................. ...................

Viva_Palmeiras
01-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Yeah I went looking too and couldn't find anything. He might have just been taking the mick but who knows. Like to add I'm not trying to prank is its just what I was told.

Your mate can have his laugh - Jobs done. We talk about sloppy journalists but this one was one that could have been easily dismissed...

MWHIBBIES
01-04-2015, 05:17 PM
Hope not, been our best midfield player this season.

My_Wife_Camille
01-04-2015, 05:18 PM
I like Robertson. He's a good player and he's got a great attitude and he's improved a lot since last season. Having said that I wouldn't lose any sleep if he was to move on at the end of the season.

3pm
01-04-2015, 05:46 PM

Always full of bad news SdGP!

3pm
01-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Scoopyboy understands that if we beat Falkirk in the semi it will allow Hibs to offer contracts virtually right away.

If however we lose.............................................. ...................

Are folk willing to sign?

silverhibee
01-04-2015, 06:17 PM

Would these be contracts that would be good enough to tempt players to stay/keep them at the club if we were still in this league next season.

And i still can't see many players who are out of contract this summer getting in to contract talks until they find out what league they are playing in next season.

:aok:

silverhibee
01-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Hope not, been our best midfield player this season.

Stop it eh, Craig all day long.

Spike Mandela
01-04-2015, 06:21 PM
He is a Dundee fan.

ancient hibee
01-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Would these be contracts that would be good enough to tempt players to stay/keep them at the club if we were still in this league next season.

And i still can't see many players who are out of contract this summer getting in to contract talks until they find out what league they are playing in next season.

A few people have said this but why are clubs going to chase players if these players are not good enough to get us promotion-maybe they're at their right level.

silverhibee
01-04-2015, 06:30 PM

Yeah Robertson, more bad news fatty. :thumbsup:

hibs4thecup1988
01-04-2015, 06:35 PM
I have heard Liam Craig has been told to find a new club in the summer....

Brooster
01-04-2015, 07:11 PM
This wouldnt surptise me. I think Stubbs would like to offload all the non youth players who were here when he arrived.

3pm
01-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Yeah Robertson, more bad news fatty. :thumbsup:

Just waiting on my chips being delivered!

S4uzee
01-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Another possible April Fool has to be Celtic interested in Danny Wilson

bingo70
01-04-2015, 07:23 PM
This wouldnt surptise me. I think Stubbs would like to offload all the non youth players who were here when he arrived.

Hope not. I think we could do with some stability and continuity on the pitch.

Even if we don't go up this season I think 7 or 8 changes every year isn't healthy.

silverhibee
01-04-2015, 07:26 PM
A few people have said this but why are clubs going to chase players if these players are not good enough to get us promotion-maybe they're at their right level.

Just because we don't get promotion doesn't mean we have a bunch of duds, you must no that clubs at a higher level cherry pick decent players from the lower leagues, something that may happen to us if we don't get promoted this year, plus these players may be getting told by there agents to wait and see what league we are in next season before they make any decisions on there future.

silverhibee
01-04-2015, 07:28 PM

Who would they be Brooster.

silverhibee
01-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Just waiting on my chips being delivered!

Salt & vinegar.

Eyrie
01-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Hope not. I think we could do with some stability and continuity on the pitch.

Even if we don't go up this season I think 7 or 8 changes every year isn't healthy.

Agreed - only Allan of our starting midfield is under contract for next season as McGeouch is on loan and both Fyvie and Robertson will be out of contract. Of the back ups, Craig is out of contract and neither Handling nor Stanton is showing enough to earn a starting spot.

So it makes sense to keep at least two of the current starting four along with Allan and the two kids. That creates two squad places for new signings or current youth players.

Ozyhibby
01-04-2015, 07:49 PM
I think our midfield has been fine this year, it's our attack and defence that has not been delivering the goods.
AFAIK all our forwards are under contract next season which does not leave much scope for improvement.
I think we could do with a better goalie.

Lago
01-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Ozzy's right, if we want to bring in new players, we need to lose a few as well, we can't just keep adding to the player pool
The problem is if no promotion we may well lose a number of players we would have like to keep.

scoopyboy
01-04-2015, 08:19 PM

Yep, players wanting to sign.

3pm
01-04-2015, 08:22 PM

The decent ones?

scoopyboy
01-04-2015, 08:25 PM

I think the logic is that if we beat Falkirk we will get a windfall from the final, this would be used to tie up players who want to stay and who AS wishes to retain.

I would expect out of contract players to be targeted first as opposed to contract extensions for those who are contracted for next season.

silverhibee
01-04-2015, 09:59 PM
I think the logic is that if we beat Falkirk we will get a windfall from the final, this would be used to tie up players who want to stay and who AS wishes to retain.

I would expect out of contract players to be targeted first as opposed to contract extensions for those who are contracted for next season.

So a lot riding on us beating Falkirk, what are the plans if we don't get the right result, exodus of players leaving club.

scoopyboy
01-04-2015, 10:09 PM

So a lot riding on us beating Falkirk, what are the plans if we don't get the right result, exodus of players leaving club.

Helluva lot Silv.

If we don't beat Falkirk then I'm guessing the play offs become even more crucial.

I've a hunch that there won't be an exodus though, Hibs in the championship will pay more than half the teams in the top flight.

Andy74
01-04-2015, 10:19 PM
I think our midfield has been fine this year, it's our attack and defence that has not been delivering the goods.
AFAIK all our forwards are under contract next season which does not leave much scope for improvement.
I think we could do with a better goalie.

That's one way of looking at the forwards.

Alternatively our best one has been injured most of the season, we have a 19 year old who is the leagues top scorer. We have another with 13 in 20 games or so with Djedje and Boyle as back up who have both added something else.

BoomtownHibees
01-04-2015, 10:22 PM

Alternatively our best one has been injured most of the season, we have a 19 year old who is the leagues top scorer. We have another with 13 in 20 games or so with Djedje and Boyle as back up who have both added something else.

Aye but remember some of their goals have been doubles scored in the same game

Edit: canny do smilies on my phone

silverhibee
01-04-2015, 10:29 PM
Helluva lot Silv.

If we don't beat Falkirk then I'm guessing the play offs become even more crucial.

I've a hunch that there won't be an exodus though, Hibs in the championship will pay more than half the teams in the top flight.

So no pressure on Stubbs and the squad then. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
01-04-2015, 10:40 PM

Very encouraging Scoopers :thumbsup:

Ozyhibby
01-04-2015, 11:07 PM

I think that with the amount of chances we are creating against the opposition we are playing against, we should have a striker closing in on 25 goals.
We are very fortunate that Cummings has stepped up a gear at only 19.
I'm not sure what the something else is that Boyle and Dje Dje add.

Leithenhibby
01-04-2015, 11:39 PM

I don't agree. We have more than matched them on the park this season............ :wink:

snooky
02-04-2015, 10:46 AM
Very encouraging Scoopers :thumbsup:
Keeping our key players is very important but surely the biggest worry for next season (whether we're up or down) is that our manager doesn't get cherry-picked.

brog
02-04-2015, 10:46 AM
Helluva lot Silv.

I think you're correct on all counts, I really don't see mass departures regardless of making the cup final or top league although success in both would be a huge bonus. If you think back to the early weeks of the season when we struggled to win any sort of game & Stubbs was desperately seeking players from anywhere, then I'm pretty sure our only target would have been to make the play-offs & our expectation would have been promotion in 2 years. I think we're well ahead of those expectations now & to some extent have become a victim of our success in that not making the cup final/promotion will now be regarded as failure by many. Personally I believe making the final is bigger than going up, we'll sell plenty seasons on back of it & guarantee us good income & better crowds for 15/16. I think our worst case scenario is not making the final & Newco & us not being promoted. If we don't go up I want Newco out the way for next season.

snooky
02-04-2015, 10:50 AM
I think you're correct on all counts, I really don't see mass departures regardless of making the cup final or top league although success in both would be a huge bonus. If you think back to the early weeks of the season when we struggled to win any sort of game & Stubbs was desperately seeking players from anywhere, then I'm pretty sure our only target would have been to make the play-offs & our expectation would have been promotion in 2 years. I think we're well ahead of those expectations now & to some extent have become a victim of our success in that not making the cup final/promotion will now be regarded as failure by many. Personally I believe making the final is bigger than going up, we'll sell plenty seasons on back of it & guarantee us good income & better crowds for 15/16. I think our worst case scenario is not making the final & Newco & us not being promoted. If we don't go up I want Newco out the way for next season.
What if they go into admin? Would that achieve the same thing - or even better?

brog
02-04-2015, 10:52 AM
What if they go into admin? Would that achieve the same thing - or even better?

That would be superb but I'd be astonished ( though happy ) if it happened!

Billy Whizz
02-04-2015, 10:54 AM
That would be superb but I'd be astonished ( though happy ) if it happened!

Me too, what would happen if they did this after the end of the season

Beefster
02-04-2015, 11:25 AM
Does this mean I can boo Robertson on Saturday? My favourite day was when I got to boo Liam Miller after the announcement of his treacherous move to Hearts. I still haven't forgiven him. Robertson could take some of the heat off Miller.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Keeping our key players is very important but surely the biggest worry for next season (whether we're up or down) is that our manager doesn't get cherry-picked.

I imagine someone will come for Nielson first.
Stubbs still has to achieve something before his time here can be declared a success.
If we win the cup and get promoted and someone comes and steals Stubbs, I'll be raging. [emoji4]

tamig
02-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Stubbs still has to achieve something before his time here can be declared a success.
If we win the cup and get promoted and someone comes and steals Stubbs, I'll be raging. [emoji4]
If we win the cup Stubbs can do whatever he wants - and we can all die happy.

Hermit Crab
02-04-2015, 05:14 PM
If we win the cup Stubbs can do whatever he wants - and we can all die happy.

Dam right he can. :agree:

Canongatehibs
02-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Why would anyone want to join Dundee's inferior outfit? Poor support, poor outfit.

hibees 7062
02-04-2015, 10:41 PM

Why what's he done ?

Ozyhibby
02-04-2015, 11:50 PM
Why what's he done ?

A very good job from what I can see, unfortunately.

O'Rourke3
03-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Re Nielson, Hearts put out a very early - he's going nowhere - story before anyone else had considered going for him. A bit like the Tories - create the non problem then state you've fixed it.....
Apart from two clubs who are unlikely to want him he's nowhere else to go in Scotland unless it's down. We can probably rule out Leicester as the only Premiership side who might take him on as a manger - so he'll either get sacked or move to a Port Vale/Plymouth/Stevenage level. The fact they will be able to pay more says it all. If Stubbs continues taking Hibs forward, he'll end up at Celtic or a top end Championship club as he has a history in England. My money is on Stubbs getting a new gig before Caveman despite any relative success.

oneone73
03-04-2015, 07:09 AM
Re Nielson, Hearts put out a very early - he's going nowhere - story before anyone else had considered going for him. A bit like the Tories - create the non problem then state you've fixed it.....
Apart from two clubs who are unlikely to want him he's nowhere else to go in Scotland unless it's down. We can probably rule out Leicester as the only Premiership side who might take him on as a manger - so he'll either get sacked or move to a Port Vale/Plymouth/Stevenage level. The fact they will be able to pay more says it all. If Stubbs continues taking Hibs forward, he'll end up at Celtic or a top end Championship club as he has a history in England. My money is on Stubbs getting a new gig before Caveman despite any relative success.
Think Caveman. Think Alex Neil. A decent offer will come Neilson's way. And he will have earned it btw

scoopyboy
03-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Think Caveman. Think Alex Neil. A decent offer will come Neilson's way. And he will have earned it btw

He had better take Harry Potter with him then. Neilson is the puppet with Levein the puppet master.

As with all puppets cut the strings and they are rendered useless.

O'Rourke3
03-04-2015, 09:03 AM

AN is an interesting case in point. He may turn out to be the next Alex Ferguson. His influence on and off the pitch suggests a great career if he continues to improve at the rate he's done so far.

With Caveman, I'm not feeling it yet. He's dropped into a job(did he even apply?) where most of the work had been done for him last year by a DOF who was working for people who didn't yet own the club and whose younger players got battle hardened through necessity. He's at a club because of their circumstances and siege mentality, where everyone is 100% committed to the cause - as they'd soemehow been punished for something they didn't do.....

AS/LD on the other hand inherited chaos and have started to turn that round. In the big game of "What if" what if they'd been the ones working quietly last year with a plan to improve as soon as they got their hands on the club?

Both managers next move is likely to be to a club in turmoil/in danger of relegation. If Caveman can turn that round then he may be manager you think he is but to me he looks more like McCoist. Taking a club over when it's relatively successful and had some momentum from the previous manager. Left to do the job on his own......

oneone73
03-04-2015, 09:16 AM
He had better take Harry Potter with him then. Neilson is the puppet with Levein the puppet master.

Double training sessions every week. Players are in for a debrief on Sundays. You always see him scouting the opposition. I think he's got enough weapons for an interview - much though it pains me to say it

Ozyhibby
03-04-2015, 09:39 AM

I don't see it myself. Hearts play a different style from Potters teams.

Smartie
03-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Double training sessions every week. Players are in for a debrief on Sundays. You always see him scouting the opposition. I think he's got enough weapons for an interview - much though it pains me to say it

It pains me too but he has been very impressive indeed. He's been their most impressive individual in their good run (I wouldn't say they have had an outstanding player or anyone that has stood out to me).

His contribution is a bit similar to Mowbray's when he was with us. His predecessor was fairly unpopular and had a tough job to do under tough circumstances but left a decent base to work so when the new manager came in he could get the existing players to play to their strengths as well as making some clever additions.

Stubbs and Neilson started from very different starting positions though and pleased that Stubbs has got us to where he has from where we were.

scoopyboy
03-04-2015, 11:29 AM
I don't see it myself. Hearts play a different style from Potters teams.

So you think Neilson came up with the idea of Gomis and Bauben?

Ozyhibby
03-04-2015, 11:44 AM
So you think Neilson came up with the idea of Gomis and Bauben?

I didn't say Levien has no input.
I also think that they are average players. The Hearts team is full of average players but as a team they are performing very well. They are also very fit. They have done what they have done without having an outstanding individual player in the team.
I think that has to be down to Nielson.
Repeating it next season may not be as easy as they will be up against full time teams.

Thecat23
03-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Anyone who thinks Neilson has done this alone is deluded! Potter is heavily involved with team selection and managing. He was in the dressing room at HT when hearts were losing to us at ER in the 1-1 game where Ozturk or whatever he's called hit that 30 yarder.

He went through the players then and Neilson said next to nothing. Source... Current Hearts midfielder!!

tamig
03-04-2015, 11:59 AM
Anyone who thinks Neilson has done this alone is deluded! Potter is heavily involved with team selection and managing. He was in the dressing room at HT when hearts were losing to us at ER in the 1-1 game where Ozturk or whatever he's called hit that 30 yarder.

He went through the players then and Neilson said next to nothing. Source... Current Hearts midfielder!!

Maybe they just wheel him in for the derbies? All part of their derby obsession perhaps?

Thecat23
03-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Maybe they just wheel him in for the derbies? All part of their derby obsession perhaps?

Wouldn't surprise me!

hibees 7062
03-04-2015, 12:46 PM
A very good job from what I can see, unfortunately.

Do you really think he's in charge ?

Brooster
03-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Some interesting comments on this thread. I was in the company of 2 Hearts 'legends' recently and both were under no illusion that Neilson is nothing other than a puppet.

green day
03-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Does it really matter if he is a puppet or not? They won the league.

scoopyboy
03-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Does it really matter if he is a puppet or not? They won the league.

Not really what we are on about though is it?

Nobody is denying Hearts won the league, what me and others are saying is Neilson might not be so clever without Levein behind him.

CockneyRebel
03-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Not really what we are on about though is it?

Nobody is denying Hearts won the league, what me and others are saying is Neilson might not be so clever without Levein behind him.

What happened to the Scott Robertson thread? Quite a change of direction there.