PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thornes Season 5

Hibee87
30-03-2015, 01:56 PM
So....not long now till season 5 of GOT his our tellys.

I have to admit Im looking forward to this series more than ever having read all the books to date in the last year.

Some very good stories and character development will be interesting to see how its played, especially looking forward to seening the sand snakes :greengrin:

Dinkydoo
30-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Its a tough one for me. Having read the books and really enjoyed the last season of the tv show, I can't wait for season 5 however I really don't want them to ruin The Winds of Winter and/or A Dream of Summer. There's also some wee changes that the show have made that are niggling away at me - such as what happens to The Hound and the non-inclusion of what is looking like a key character in the fate of Jaime and Brienne - going by the end of book 4, I think.

There's also going to be a whole load of stuff happening with Sansa and Littlefinger in this season that either hasn't happened in the books yet or won't happen at all.

Just Alf
30-03-2015, 05:42 PM
I've the 1st book sitting on my kindle, and has been for over a year... I'm guessing I better read it :-)

Dinkydoo
30-03-2015, 07:12 PM
I'm not a massive reader (usually average 1 or 2 books a year if I'm lucky) but I read all 5 (and they are all massive) within the last 15 months. Absolutely loved them.

I found A Clash of Kings (2nd book) a bit heavy going in places but the ending made up for any parts that I felt dragged on.

I literally could not believe the ending of book 1 as I was reading it. In fact, there were a number of times throughout the series where I just sat there in disbelief at what I'd just read - there will be at least one such moment in the new series.

I'd give it a bash. If you're not hooked after the first 100 pages or so then it might not be for you.

Mon Dieu4
12-04-2015, 11:21 AM
First 4 episodes are online if anyone is interested ;)

Hibee87
12-04-2015, 03:44 PM

Just found this out mate epiaode 1 loading as I type :-)...if carlsberg done Sundays

Mon Dieu4
12-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Just found this out mate epiaode 1 loading as I type :-)...if carlsberg done Sundays

Just finished all 4, really starting to differ from the books in ways now but still great all the same:aok:

stoneyburn hibs
13-04-2015, 07:14 PM
I'm toying with idea of saving up series 5, that said I had the same idea last series and didn't even manage to record episode 2 before I watched the first.

Hibee87
13-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Just finished all 4, really starting to differ from the books in ways now but still great all the same:aok:

Just finished the episodes as well.....really really different from the books now. Im a little in shock of how episode 4 ended......that cant be them done, surely :-/

DH1875
14-04-2015, 06:33 AM

Is that through sky? I'm on virgin :(

Mon Dieu4
14-04-2015, 06:58 AM
Is that through sky? I'm on virgin :(

Nah online as in non official, Google will be your friend ;)

MyJo
14-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Been announced that GoT is going to be broadcast at the same time as it is in the states (2am uk time) from next monday.

Future17
16-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Caved in to the urge and watched the first 4 and this season already seems to be moving a lot quicker than previous seasons. I haven't read the books but, from the comments above, I wonder if that's because the series are now differing more from the books...

I also think Arya must have spent too much time with The Hound judging by her vocabulary....:greengrin

Hibee87
16-04-2015, 01:48 PM
Caved in to the urge and watched the first 4 and this season already seems to be moving a lot quicker than previous seasons. I haven't read the books but, from the comments above, I wonder if that's because the series are now differing more from the books...

I also think Arya must have spent too much time with The Hound judging by her vocabulary....:greengrin

Definitely seem to be moving a lot quicker..........and I actually laughed out loud at the Arya thing you are talking haha

Future17
24-05-2015, 12:29 PM
That last episode was an absolute belter entertainment-wise - "cock-merchant". :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
01-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Episode 8, WOW !

RoslinInstHibby
01-06-2015, 06:50 PM
Episode 8, WOW !

Have I missed a week? It's normally ep9 that's the standout! It was amazing!

stoneyburn hibs
01-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Have I missed a week? It's normally ep9 that's the standout! It was amazing! Definitely Episode 8 this week, fantastic viewing.

Derek Dougan
01-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Episode 8, WOW !

Think I stopped breathing for the last 10 minutes!! What an episode.

Hibee87
01-06-2015, 10:15 PM
I have to admit ive.not been overly thrilled with this season, but wow. That was excellent viewing. Up there with the best episodes of all the series. The others are kick ass

Peevemor
01-06-2015, 10:31 PM

danhibees1875
03-06-2015, 11:03 PM
I have to admit ive.not been overly thrilled with this season, but wow. That was excellent viewing. Up there with the best episodes of all the series. The others are kick ass

Sums it up. :agree:

Brilliant scene!

Future17
08-06-2015, 02:21 PM
Another epic episode this week.

Now got that familiar, strange feeling of not being able to wait til next week whilst knowing that will be it for several months at least.

MyJo
08-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Stannis is a ******

Future17
08-06-2015, 04:41 PM
Stannis is a ******

:agree:

I've been rewatching from the very beginning as my girlfriend had never watched it. I have to say (as someone who has not got round to reading the books yet) it's been very worthwhile as there's loads I hadn't picked up on before - particularly with regards to characters appearing in the Series 4 and 5 who I'd forgotten about.

However, it's been extremely difficult keeping my mouth shut on making observations on certain characters based on what I know from the later series. Now I'm going to have to watch every Stannis episode while fighting the desire to spit on the screen!!

Mon Dieu4
08-06-2015, 05:23 PM
Thought episode 9 was gash to be honest as has most of this series been after the first few episodes

I had read the books before the show started and the first few series were relatively faithful to it, now it's just a soap opera looking for reactions and the characters are nothing like their book counterparts

Future17
08-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Thought episode 9 was gash to be honest as has most of this series been after the first few episodes

I had read the books before the show started and the first few series were relatively faithful to it, now it's just a soap opera looking for reactions and the characters are nothing like their book counterparts

Fair enough. That's one of the reasons I've yet to read the books.

Billychaotic182
08-06-2015, 10:50 PM
I will read the books after the show has ended. I'm the same with the Walking Dead comics

Back on topic. Holy ***** how could he just burn his daughter. And then they throw the peado story in there too aaaaahhh

Future17
09-06-2015, 07:05 AM
I will read the books after the show has ended. I'm the same with the Walking Dead comics

Back on topic. Holy ***** how could he just burn his daughter. And then they throw the peado story in there too aaaaahhh

Prob best not to include spoilers on here if possible.

Hibee87
09-06-2015, 08:10 AM

Agreed. I have finished the books now and I am very disappointed in this season.

The exclusion of major characters and the total change to stories, even death is pretty annoying.

Hibee87
09-06-2015, 08:13 AM

The last sentence is relevant to a certain characters story. They have cut a lot of the chapters/stories out for her in the season, but ultimately it is leading on the same path as the books, and I think its fairly obvious what will happen next week and how :aok:

MyJo
15-06-2015, 10:45 AM
:shocked:

Surely Melisandre can bring him back like Thoros did for Beric Dondarrion????.................

easty
15-06-2015, 11:10 AM

Surely Melisandre can bring him back like

I was thinking the same thing. :agree:

Mon Dieu4
15-06-2015, 12:13 PM

Surely Melisandre can bring him back like Thoros did for Beric Dondarrion????.................

In the books this is what is more than likely to happen, in the show who knows, they have seriously changed so much over the last 2 series that you can't really say what will happen

Future17
15-06-2015, 01:58 PM

KH says he won't be back - read into that what you will.

Haymaker
15-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Kinda blows a lot of people theories about how it will end out of the water eh?:greengrin

MyJo
15-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Kinda blows a lot of people theories about how it will end out of the water eh?:greengrin

yup!

Just last week i thought i had it figured out and that Jon was a true heir to the throne and would end up joining forces with Danerys & her dragons to defeat the walkers before they became king and queen together.................f***ed if i know whats going on now! :greengrin

Godsahibby
15-06-2015, 08:01 PM
That pissed me off stories getting pretty dull now. Not many decent characters left.

Craig_HFC
16-06-2015, 07:08 AM
They didn't burn the body...

Jon Snow the Whitewalker?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
16-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Those last 3 episodes made up for a fairly slow previous 7. Superb stuff. Totally shocked by the end of last nights. No build up to it, happened so quickly, but typical of GoT to throw a spanner in the works like that. So much happened last night tho - lots of questions - whats next for Sansa, Arya, Daenerys? Is Cercei gonna flip her lid now and destroy the sparrows? Is Stannis really deed?

MyJo
16-06-2015, 06:07 PM
Those last 3 episodes made up for a fairly slow previous 7. Superb stuff. Totally shocked by the end of last nights. No build up to it, happened so quickly, but typical of GoT to throw a spanner in the works like that. So much happened last night tho - lots of questions - whats next for Sansa, Arya, Daenerys? Is Cercei gonna flip her lid now and destroy the sparrows? Is Stannis really deed?

I dont think Stannis is dead, considering how delighted GoT is as showing graphic deaths and gore (like the scene with Arya)to have a character as important as Stannis killed off-screen is unusal.

And Cercei is going to go mental and unleash Franken-Mountain and the kingsguard on the sparrows

Future17
18-06-2015, 09:13 AM
Has Season 5 taken us up to the end of the last book published?

MyJo
19-06-2015, 07:50 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OFYq-wDRKZA

This is genius :hilarious:

CallumLaidlaw
19-06-2015, 11:47 AM
Has Season 5 taken us up to the end of the last book published?

apparently so yes, and its unlikely that the next book will be finished before season 6 starts.

Future17
19-06-2015, 01:52 PM
apparently so yes, and its unlikely that the next book will be finished before season 6 starts.

Cheers. Might use this gap between series to start reading the books now I know they'll be going in a different direction to the TV series.

Craig_HFC
19-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Enjoyable.

https://youtu.be/WEQnwF4yoWI

Hibs Class
21-06-2015, 07:27 AM
https://youtu.be/zs7xO5P3Az4

Mr White
22-06-2015, 06:53 PM
I thought Mondays had lost their only redeeming feature until I was reliably informed by my better half earlier that true detective season 2 starts tonight. Get in :thumbsup:

Future17
22-06-2015, 11:58 PM
It took me about 2 seasons to realise Bron was played by Jerome Flynn, but it's taken me 5 seasons to realise Theon is Alfie Allen!