PDA

View Full Version : Hibs club v st pats branch

Pages : [1] 2

oconnors_strip
29-03-2015, 09:43 PM
Just read this on the bounce, seems like the hibs club (well more like mike Riley) are wanting to ban the St pats branch from the club. This is not the time to start spats

Yesterday the talk of the Steamie at Starks Park was the goings on by Chairman Mike Riley and the Trustees of the Hibernian Supporters Association (HSA) with regards to talk of expulsion of St. Pat's from the tHSA. Details of what has happened, as outlined to St. Pat's members, has been obtained and reproduced below to explain some of the questions asked.

A source close to the Branch said that 'I am told that the Branch Committee are furious that at a time when all Hibs Supporters should be getting behind the team and building bridges with the Club there are those who would rather conduct an ill thought out petty witch hunt.'

A serious situation has arisen over the past period, as eluded to at our last Branch meeting. To recap for those not present, Chairperson Dougie McLeod prior to the end of business and the entrance of our two Turnbull's Tornadoes speakers that night, John Brownlie and John Blackley, informed the 50 members present of a meeting which had taken place along with Branch Secretary Gordon McKinley and the 5 Trustees of the Hibernian Supporters Association/Club a few weeks previously. The meeting was suggested by our Branch Committee in order to explain in a friendly manner the reasoning behind our proposed changes to further modernise and HSA rulebook (see attachment). This was intended to help prevent any misunderstanding at the Hibernian Supporters Association AGM, on Sunday the 5th of April.

Within a fairly short period of discussion HSA Chairperson Mike Riley was accusing our Branch of all sorts and behaving quite frankly in a manner not befitting a person in his position. At one point he reacted to the suggestion by a fellow Trustee that 'some people out there, would like St. Pat's expelled from the Association' by hissing 'and we have the f****** power to do that'. To his credit HSA Treasurer Colin Rich said they could not do that. At another point when we suggested that the right to amend HSA Rules is enshrined in the Rule book he shouted 'Democracy, I will show you f****** democracy at the AGM'. To which Dougie said that he was acting like a bully and Gordon said that neither he, Dougie nor St. Patrick's Branch members would be bullied by him. The swearing continued and Gordon asked that he refrain from doing so twice. He said that he did not have to f****** listen to this and stormed out of the meeting.

The other four Trustees did not follow him out and continued to have a calm, reasoned meeting where on some items we agreed to disagree.

Whilst we were having our very successful Branch meeting someone pointed out that the Trustees were having a meeting upstairs with the Officials of a minority of Supporters Branches at the same time as ours and of which we had neither been informed of nor invited to.

It transpired subsequently that this meeting which was purported to be to discuss St. Patrick's resolutions, however inevitably became a vehicle to discuss the apparent obsession that HSA Chairperson Mike Riley has with the possible expulsion of our Branch from the HSA. It should be remembered that at last years AGM he had to deny the accusation from a Branch member, that he had raised expulsion of St. Patrick's Branch with her and others . At their meeting they also discussed the need to take legal advice, as to whether they could actually expel us ( It seems our presence to defend any allegations, Natural Justice at Law, nor valid and sufficient reason to progress this, crossed their minds). Again a big thanks goes out to HSA Treasurer Colin Rich who had the nouse to oppose the suggestion of such calamitous action.

Whether or not this threat to our Branch's very existence transpires, I for one, knowing how much work that I and many others have put in to create our truly active Hibernian Supporters Branch, from 5 members 5 years again to our present membership of 330+ and do not propose to wait or sit back and let this happen and am sure that you will all feel the same way.

We, as you know have been working with Hibernian FC at every level we possibly can and feel that at a time when Hibs seem to be turning the corner, a Semi Final and possibly a Final within our grasp, promotion back to where we belong a real possibility and good new initiatives being introduced by the Hibernian Management, that anyone engaging in self indulgent statements, or in distractions which take away from this course of action, will not be forgiven by fellow Hibs Supporters.

We have been told that HSA Chairperson Mike Riley and cohorts are straining every sinew to mobilize as many people to attend the AGM on Sunday 5th April at 12.00 as possible. The Branch Committee ask that our members also make an almighty effort to attend this meeting, to ensure that St. Pat's survive any potential attempt at the first witch-hunt of any Branch in the history of the Hibernian Supporters Association.

With farce always comes along irony not far behind. Two weeks ago our Branch Patron and Honorary Branch member Patrick Gordon Stanton presented a gift and an Honorary Branch membership to Sammy Martinez in appreciation of the wee man's 70 years of devotion to Hibernian FC. If some folk have their way the oldest living Hibernian Supporter could become the shortest lived Honorary member!!

Bostonhibby
29-03-2015, 09:47 PM
Remarkable and pretty undemocratic sounding if true - makes the main players in the supporters club set up appear more like the flat earth society and looking to bully out any threat to the status quo.

hibbymick
29-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Mike Reilly :faf::faf::faf:

Sorry, I just cant take this guy serious at all.

lyonhibs
29-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Sorry what ? There was just too many words there.

Would it be safe to assume that Mike O'Reilly has had a mare ?

Again.

DC_Hibs
29-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Strange actions when he should be looking to unite the support as much as possible.

No surprise though based on his clueless comments to the press in relation to fans share ownership.

Do any of his sidekicks have a bit of savvy about them or are they all spineless?

A comprise might be to let the blazer boys carry on running their social club and appoint a new guard to get on with the important business of representing the SUPPORTERS as I have seen little evidence of the HSA having done anything of note.

Benny Brazil
29-03-2015, 10:16 PM
One of the problems with the Hibs support - too many individuals with a delusion of self importance.

blackpoolhibs
29-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Mike Reilly :faf::faf::faf:

Sorry, I just cant take this guy serious at all.

Guys a dick, i'd rather wire my nuts to the national grid than have that man represent me on anything regarding Hibs.

lord bunberry
29-03-2015, 10:32 PM
I've never met Mike Reilly but every time I hear of anything he's said or done I think he's a clown who shouldn't be given the platform he has.

archiebald
29-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Chance to get him out at agm

NAE NOOKIE
29-03-2015, 10:56 PM
Just read this on the bounce, seems like the hibs club (well more like mike Riley) are wanting to ban the St pats branch from the club. This is not the time to start spats

A serious situation has arisen over the past period, as eluded to at our last Branch meeting. To recap for those not present, Chairperson Dougie McLeod prior to the end of business and the entrance of our two Turnbull's Tornadoes speakers that night, John Brownlie and John Blackley, informed the 50 members present of a meeting which had taken place along with Branch Secretary Gordon McKinley and the 5 Trustees of the Hibernian Supporters Association/Club a few weeks previously. The meeting was suggested by our Branch Committee in order to explain in a friendly manner the reasoning behind our proposed changes to further modernise and HSA rulebook (see attachment). This was intended to help prevent any misunderstanding at the Hibernian Supporters Association AGM, on Sunday the 5th of April.

Mike Riley hasn't exactly covered himself in glory over the past few years, but before I form a judgement on this I would like to know what these proposed changes are to "further modernise and HSA rulebook" This obviously seems to be what has triggered this spat, at least from his point of view and as you say its unusual ( if not unheard of ) for an HSA committee member, even Mike Riley, to be talking about expelling a branch. What are the proposals ?

Edit ... It says "see attachment" but there's no link here or on the bounce?

Hermit Crab
29-03-2015, 11:47 PM
Chance to get him out at agm

Vote of no confidence. Stand together people.

Beefster
30-03-2015, 06:16 AM
It's been a while since we had a cardigan and blazer spat and folk jostling to be the 'voice' of the Hibs support. Well, 2 months at least.

Anyone got any popcorn?

Pretty Boy
30-03-2015, 07:01 AM
Without knowing what proposed changes to the rules book where put forward it's hard to make any judgement. Regardless MR should be acting more professionally (assuming things transpired exactly as described above).

All reads a bit like petty politics to me.

marti1875
30-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Yes it is impossible to judge here really as it is all one sided this post so??.....for all i think Mike Riley as an absolute plum in the first degree and certainly should be ousted i will wait to see and hear BOTH sides before judging as sometimes it's not good to only listen to one side of an argument.

Lets wait and see what transpires, but it seems all petty and childish to be honest looking on the face of it...:confused:

marinello59
30-03-2015, 07:31 AM
Could we please refrain from throwing personal insults at the people involved in this whoever they may be.

Bostonhibby
30-03-2015, 07:36 AM
Vote of no confidence. Stand together people.

Without knowing what proposed changes to the rules book where put forward it's hard to make any judgement. Regardless MR should be acting more professionally (assuming things transpired exactly as described above).

All reads a bit like petty politics to me.
I think an out of town hibs fan and member had the temerity to want to attend one of the association meetings when he was back in Edinburgh. He was initially and embarrassingly refused entry by the chairman as he was an out of town member.

I believe the st Patrick's motion seeks to give all hibs fans equal access to the fans association. Other branches probably have out of town members too.

We need all the hibs fans working together and feeling like they are no less important or can contribute less than someone who is in a social club a lot. Last time I looked it was an association of hibs supporters. Not some hibs supporters.

As you say there may well be more to this but irrespective it's been a while since the association was led like an association for all rather than a gentleman's club. If the op is right this behaviour compounds that.

marinello59
30-03-2015, 07:59 AM
I think an out of town hibs fan and member had the temerity to want to attend one of the association meetings when he was back in Edinburgh. He was initially and embarrassingly refused entry by the chairman as he was an out of town member.

I believe the st Patrick's motion seeks to give all hibs fans equal access to the fans association. Other branches probably have out of town members too.

We need all the hibs fans working together and feeling like they are no less important or can contribute less than someone who is in a social club a lot. Last time I looked it was an association of hibs supporters. Not some hibs supporters.

As you say there may well be more to this but irrespective it's been a while since the association was led like an association for all rather than a gentleman's club. If the op is right this behaviour compounds that.
Hopefully this can be amicably resolved behind closed doors then. With the business end of the season fast approaching it would be kind of nice if we could all stand together. It will provide entertainment for those of us who are bored at work though.:greengrin

Bostonhibby
30-03-2015, 08:04 AM
Hopefully this can be amicably resolved behind closed doors then. With the business end of the season fast approaching it would be kind of nice if we could all stand together. It will provide entertainment for those of us who are bored at work though.:greengrin

:applause: Indeed, being self employed I need to stay away from this sort of thing first thing on a Monday:greengrin

sleeping giant
30-03-2015, 09:17 AM
That St Pats branch are always causing grief eh .

:greengrin

invisible man
30-03-2015, 09:42 AM

The current rules state that 'an Association member paying out of town subscriptions shall be admitted on match days as temporary members at the discretion of the club committee' The thinking behind this rule at the time was that out of town members weren't going to use the club as often as full members simply because of the geography of where they lived so they were charged a reduced subscription in return for being a temporary member. There's nothing to stop anyone who lives 'out of town' paying the full subscription and becoming a full member, and I'm sure if this was explained to them when they joined some of them would.

The St Pat's resolution is not about 'oot' members having access to the club, it's about giving 'oot' members full voting rights at an AGM.

Bostonhibby
30-03-2015, 09:58 AM
The current rules state that 'an Association member paying out of town subscriptions shall be admitted on match days as temporary members at the discretion of the club committee' The thinking behind this rule at the time was that out of town members weren't going to use the club as often as full members simply because of the geography of where they lived so they were charged a reduced subscription in return for being a temporary member. There's nothing to stop anyone who lives 'out of town' paying the full subscription and becoming a full member, and I'm sure if this was explained to them when they joined some of them would.

The St Pat's resolution is not about 'oot' members having access to the club, it's about giving 'oot' members full voting rights at an AGM.
Thanks. Sounds even better if the aim is to treat every member the same.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2015, 10:01 AM

If that's true I'm with St Pat's on this one. I have been an out of town member a couple of times and it did feel like I was a 2nd class Hibby in the eyes of the HSA. Why are out of town members treated differently anyway?

Having said that I would still like someone from St Pat's to confirm what their proposals are.

invisible man
30-03-2015, 10:04 AM
If that's true I'm with St Pat's on this one. I have been an out of town member a couple of times and it did feel like I was a 2nd class Hibby in the eyes of the HSA. Why are out of town members treated differently anyway?

See my quote above.

It should be explained to an 'oot' applicant that paying the 'oot' subscription results in reduced rights but they can become a full member if that's what they want.

tigerted
30-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Dear mister Riley,

This email is meant to give you the opportunity to correct the impression your behaviour has made on me so far. I do hope you will take the chance to make things right for every Hibernian supporter.

As I was made painfully aware of at the last attended branche meeting of St. Pat's, the HSA doesnot give the impression to represent the whole of branches supporting our football club.
To organise a meeting at the same time as my branche's without inviting St. Pat's to discuss the ideas put forward is outrageous.

It seems hard that you will need an out of town member to remind you of our history. From the very start we have been a social club. Raised by the Irish, open to anyone. Open to other points of view, always striving to do best for the collective.

In this light, the unwillingness to discuss matters brought forward by one of the branches with the sole aim of improvement, is unacceptable. Even worse, the idea of excluding members, just for the reason they are not living in the country Hibernian FC is based at, is in simple contrast with the very meaning of our club.

I will not go into detail about the abusive language used by you to express your personal feelings towards our St. Pat's chairperson. As any civilised person would do, not even considering your position as a representative for all of us, I expect you to humbly apologise for your inappropriate behaviour. And with that we shall move forward.

As forward should be the aim for all of us. Not withstanding a difference of opinions, not withstanding personal resentments. We should, as branches united, aim for the best way of developing our interests and our Hibernian FC.

I expect you to guide this process in a democratic and rightful way. Taking in concern not only the majority, but with an eye open to a minority as well. As our club is meant to be.

Therefore I expect you, as well as the whole of HSA and the Hibernian Association Trustees, to welcome the St. Pat's branche and our ideas as an opportunity to make Hibernian FC and the HSA even better then we are today.

As always, openness is the key to our club. I therefore invite you to answer this email.

I don't expect you to agree on every point made. This is not my goal. My goal is to be a member of a club, an association and a branche open to the world. Taking into account different opinions. And from there on collectively aiming forward. This I do expect of you.

Kind regards and awaiting your response, :flag::flag::flag::hibees:hnet:

Just Krijn
Uilenburgstraatje 6
5211 ED 's-Hertogenbosch
The Netherlands

H18S NX
30-03-2015, 10:49 AM
See my quote above.

It should be explained to an 'oot' applicant that paying the 'oot' subscription results in reduced rights but they can become a full member if that's what they want. Colin...55yrs old? what about your schooldays?

invisible man
30-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Colin...55yrs old? what about your schooldays?

Shhhhhhhhh, I conveniently left them out!

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2015, 10:54 AM
See my quote above.

It should be explained to an 'oot' applicant that paying the 'oot' subscription results in reduced rights but they can become a full member if that's what they want.

Cheers I had no idea that was the case. Anyway, the last thing we need is for in fighting at the HSA just as things seem to be settling down elsewhere. I'm not a member of the HSA or a branch, but its not good to hear about this stuff, we are after all supposed to be united by a common bond.

In my personal opinion ( and its just a theory ) could it be there is some jealousy at work here. There is no doubt that St Patricks branch have done some impressive work with regard to the historical aspects of Hibs and it has to be said that the work they did to identify the last resting place of Dan McMichael and to raise funds for a headstone was utterly admirable. That and the plaque in St Patrick's church are a credit to the branch. In some quarters it could be argued that if they were able to do this, why were Hibernian F.C. and the HSA not on the case way before St Pat's came along. I dare say some folk were left staring at their own feet during both ceremonies.

On the other hand of course I ( and I dare say some others ) have had cause to raise the odd eyebrow when it comes to St Pat's. But I don't think that's a factor in this case.

Hermit Crab
30-03-2015, 10:55 AM
This thread could get messy.

tigerted
30-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Mr. Riley and others in the HSA, have for whatever reason, taken a dislike to the St. Patrick's Branch in general.

Over the past year or so, we have been accused of:

- wanting to take over the Hibs Club
- bullying other Branches
- stealing members
- not using the Hibs Club etc, etc

although you will always find St. Patrick's Branch members in the Club before and after all home games!

There seems to be no distinction in their eyes between the Supporters' Association and the actual Hibs Club (which is clearly all that they are interested in!).

The Branch has been trying since it's formation over the past 4 years, to bring the "Association" into the 21st Century. We have only asked that the "Rule Book" be updated to reflect the needs and aspirations of all Hibs Supporters and to build the Association, so that it has a strong voice to represent the Fans with Hibernian F.C. We should be encouraging all fans to join the Association (hopefully by joining a Branch), but if not, just joining so that all views are represented. By default therefore, the Hibs Club would benefit from this increased membership.

The Association should be making use of the technology available today, to keep in contact with members by text, e-mail, Facebook, Twitter etc. The most common complaint from fans, is that they never have any contact from the Association or Branch, unless it's on the Noticeboard within the Club itself. Even though the AGM is being held this Sunday, there is no requirement to notify members of this event.....................one of the rules we would want to change in due course.

So, if you think that the St. Patrick's Branch and it's Members should continue to pursue and promote causes such as: The Dan McMichael Headstone, St. Patrick's Church Plaque, Leith Links et al, then please attend the AGM and give us your support.

Hiber-nation
30-03-2015, 11:23 AM
One of the problems with the Hibs support - too many individuals with a delusion of self importance.

That is so true.

Bad Martini
30-03-2015, 11:32 AM
:rolleyes::rules:

...there was me thinking we were in a scrap for second place and promotion. **** all that malarkey, lets all pagger amongst ourselves aboot rules, clubrooms and **** best left to auld gadgies in bowling clubs :rolleyes:

Juice-Terry
30-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Dear mister Riley,

This email is meant to give you the opportunity to correct the impression your behaviour has made on me so far. I do hope you will take the chance to make things right for every Hibernian supporter.

As I was made painfully aware of at the last attended branche meeting of St. Pat's, the HSA doesnot give the impression to represent the whole of branches supporting our football club.
To organise a meeting at the same time as my branche's without inviting St. Pat's to discuss the ideas put forward is outrageous.

It seems hard that you will need an out of town member to remind you of our history. From the very start we have been a social club. Raised by the Irish, open to anyone. Open to other points of view, always striving to do best for the collective.

In this light, the unwillingness to discuss matters brought forward by one of the branches with the sole aim of improvement, is unacceptable. Even worse, the idea of excluding members, just for the reason they are not living in the country Hibernian FC is based at, is in simple contrast with the very meaning of our club.

I will not go into detail about the abusive language used by you to express your personal feelings towards our St. Pat's chairperson. As any civilised person would do, not even considering your position as a representative for all of us, I expect you to humbly apologise for your inappropriate behaviour. And with that we shall move forward.

As forward should be the aim for all of us. Not withstanding a difference of opinions, not withstanding personal resentments. We should, as branches united, aim for the best way of developing our interests and our Hibernian FC.

I expect you to guide this process in a democratic and rightful way. Taking in concern not only the majority, but with an eye open to a minority as well. As our club is meant to be.

Therefore I expect you, as well as the whole of HSA and the Hibernian Association Trustees, to welcome the St. Pat's branche and our ideas as an opportunity to make Hibernian FC and the HSA even better then we are today.

As always, openness is the key to our club. I therefore invite you to answer this email.

I don't expect you to agree on every point made. This is not my goal. My goal is to be a member of a club, an association and a branche open to the world. Taking into account different opinions. And from there on collectively aiming forward. This I do expect of you.

Kind regards and awaiting your response, :flag::flag::flag::hibees:hnet:

Just Krijn
Uilenburgstraatje 6
5211 ED 's-Hertogenbosch
The Netherlands

Well said Just! GGTTH!

Chuck Rhoades
30-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Stanton/Central/Carlton wanting them binned aswell?

Sad times when Hibs fans are squabbling with each other. Had the 'pleasure' of sitting next to an HSA associate on the train on Saturday who done plenty of mouthing off against St Pats and made his views clear on the phone. Asked the bunch of us if we were 'St Pats lads'.

The Blazers need to get off their power trip asap.

AGM (no coincedence Easter Sunday was picked!) will be interesting. The only vote their should be is one of a MR. resignation.

invisible man
30-03-2015, 11:42 AM

Sad times when Hibs fans are squabbling with each other. Had the 'pleasure' of sitting next to an HSA associate on the train on Saturday who done plenty of mouthing off against St Pats and made his views clear on the phone. Asked the bunch of us if we were 'St Pats lads'.

AGM (no coincedence Easter Sunday was picked!) will be interesting. The only vote their should be is one of a MR. resignation.

AGM is always the first Sunday in April, it's in the rules :)

CB_NO3
30-03-2015, 11:44 AM
When I first clicked the link I thought it was going to be a charity football match or something 😃. Suppose thats why I dont go to clubs due to their silly regimented rules. Its a place for a pint, not the house of commons.

I remember at the Cally bowling club one day before a Derby I ordered one pint and had to put it on a tray to carry. Then I got a row for putting my jacket on the back of my seat instead of the designated hooks.

.Sean.
30-03-2015, 11:46 AM
Mike Reilly seems like a walloper full of misguided delusions of self-importance.

Total roaster.

FranckSuzy
30-03-2015, 11:55 AM
I think it's only fair to point out that this is not really about out of town members, it is about the alleged threat of expulsion of one of the HSA branches.

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2015, 12:18 PM

No need to bring Carlton Branch into this, but as you have I will respond. This is the idea of the trustees, and Carlton Branch does not back the "expulsion". Certain trustees are making themselves look very silly over this, and I suggest certain positions are now untenable.

invisible man
30-03-2015, 12:23 PM
No need to bring Carlton Branch into this, but as you have I will respond. This is the idea of the trustees, and Carlton Branch does not back the "expulsion". Certain trustees are making themselves look very silly over this, and I suggest certain positions are now untenable.

Me? :(

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Me? :(

Certainly not you Mr R....Probably one of the few who comes out of this with any dignity:aok:

invisible man
30-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Certainly not you Mr R....Probably one of the few who comes out of this with any dignity:aok:

I'll buy you a diet bru

Chuck Rhoades
30-03-2015, 12:25 PM

B, it wasn't my aim to drag anyone into anything, more a question that clearly wasn't worded correctly. Cheers for clarifying though.

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2015, 12:27 PM
B, it wasn't my aim to drag anyone into anything, more a question that clearly wasn't worded correctly. Cheers for clarifying though.

:aok:

JimBHibees
30-03-2015, 12:37 PM

...there was me thinking we were in a scrap for second place and promotion. **** all that malarkey, lets all pagger amongst ourselves aboot rules, clubrooms and **** best left to auld gadgies in bowling clubs :rolleyes:

Couldnt agree more.

Golden Bear
30-03-2015, 12:40 PM
I'm not a member of any of the Supporters branches or the Hibs Club itself therefore I've no axe to grind. However there is an expression which says you shouldn't wash your dirty linen in public and maybe this wee spat should have been handled internally and not publicised via an internet forum.

macca70
30-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Why's St Pats Patron and Honary member Pat Stanton?

Is this not treading on Stanton Branch's toes?

🙊

Boris
30-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Why's St Pats Patron and Honary member Pat Stanton?

Is this not treading on Stanton Branch's toes?

On behalf of the Stanton Branch - no toes stepped on whatsoever.

Also, still on behalf of the Branch, & in response to an earlier post, the Branch has no axe to grind whatsover with the St Pat's Branch.

Speaking personally, I have nothing but total admiration for the way they have went about their business since their formation with their social & charitable activities. They are a throwback to what Branches used to be about.

macca70
30-03-2015, 01:17 PM

Also, still on behalf of the Branch, & in response to an earlier post, the Branch has no axe to grind whatsover with the St Pat's Branch.

Speaking personally, I have nothing but total admiration for the way they have went about their business since their formation with their social & charitable activities. They are a throwback to what Branches used to be about.

Fair enough, was just curious.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Mr. Riley and others in the HSA, have for whatever reason, taken a dislike to the St. Patrick's Branch in general.

Over the past year or so, we have been accused of:

- wanting to take over the Hibs Club
- bullying other Branches
- stealing members
- not using the Hibs Club etc, etc

although you will always find St. Patrick's Branch members in the Club before and after all home games!

There seems to be no distinction in their eyes between the Supporters' Association and the actual Hibs Club (which is clearly all that they are interested in!).

The Branch has been trying since it's formation over the past 4 years, to bring the "Association" into the 21st Century. We have only asked that the "Rule Book" be updated to reflect the needs and aspirations of all Hibs Supporters and to build the Association, so that it has a strong voice to represent the Fans with Hibernian F.C. We should be encouraging all fans to join the Association (hopefully by joining a Branch), but if not, just joining so that all views are represented. By default therefore, the Hibs Club would benefit from this increased membership.

The Association should be making use of the technology available today, to keep in contact with members by text, e-mail, Facebook, Twitter etc. The most common complaint from fans, is that they never have any contact from the Association or Branch, unless it's on the Noticeboard within the Club itself. Even though the AGM is being held this Sunday, there is no requirement to notify members of this event.....................one of the rules we would want to change in due course.

So, if you think that the St. Patrick's Branch and it's Members should continue to pursue and promote causes such as: The Dan McMichael Headstone, St. Patrick's Church Plaque, Leith Links et al, then please attend the AGM and give us your support.

You cant argue with a lot of this in my opinion. As someone else said sometimes the Hibs club does give off a wee bit of the vibe you get from your local bowling club, I've been around a few and I'm not sure that's a very flattering comparison :greengrin

It cant be a bad idea to give the HSA a shake up and bring things a bit more up to date, especially when it comes to communications and being more aggressive in ..... A) attracting members ...... and B) making it a lot easier for individuals to join.

On the other hand I have also heard the various accusations listed above, especially the one about St Pat's 'attracting' members from other branches. I wouldn't call it 'stealing' because folk have a free choice as to what branch ( if any ) they want to be members of and there's no doubt St Pat's seem to work very hard at making the branch attractive to new members. But it must be the case that some members have switched from other branches and its understandable that these branches would be miffed about that.

But ...... Because this situation appears to have been brought into the public domain of H.Net and the Bounce by members of St Patrick's branch, as far as I am concerned its only fair that every angle of the discussion is brought into the light as to why some branches and committee members of the HSA appear to have a problem with them. Its the Elephant in the room and we all know what it is ... I have had my say before on the subject and my opinion is no secret, but if it is part of the issue's that are causing division between Hibs fans at the very heart of the clubs core support it needs to be made part of this discussion, no matter how unpalatable some people may find that.

Boris
30-03-2015, 01:35 PM
Fair enough, was just curious.

Sound. It was a good question.

ben johnson
30-03-2015, 01:39 PM
You cant argue with a lot of this in my opinion. As someone else said sometimes the Hibs club does give off a wee bit of the vibe you get from your local bowling club, I've been around a few and I'm not sure that's a very flattering comparison :greengrin

It cant be a bad idea to give the HSA a shake up and bring things a bit more up to date, especially when it comes to communications and being more aggressive in ..... A) attracting members ...... and B) making it a lot easier for individuals to join.

On the other hand I have also heard the various accusations listed above, especially the one about St Pat's 'attracting' members from other branches. I wouldn't call it 'stealing' because folk have a free choice as to what branch ( if any ) they want to be members of and there's no doubt St Pat's seem to work very hard at making the branch attractive to new members. But it must be the case that some members have switched from other branches and its understandable that these branches would be miffed about that.

But ...... Because this situation appears to have been brought into the public domain of H.Net and the Bounce by members of St Patrick's branch, as far as I am concerned its only fair that every angle of the discussion is brought into the light as to why some branches and committee members of the HSA appear to have a problem with them. Its the Elephant in the room and we all know what it is ... I have had my say before on the subject and my opinion is no secret, but if it is part of the issue's that are causing division between Hibs fans at the very heart of the clubs core support it needs to be made part of this discussion, no matter how unpalatable some people may find that.

I dont know what the Elephant in the room is and i would dearly like to know as its very hard to understand why Hibs fans are at each others throats when we need unity like at no other time. We could , and i mean could , spend another season outside the top flight and then we we will need all hands on deck.

ben johnson
30-03-2015, 02:28 PM
I have only come in contact with the St Pats boys once and they gave the impression they were interested in Hibs and all aspects of Hibernian past , present and future. They gave all a cheery welcome , spoke to me on arrival and thanked all for attending. The fact that this all took place in a cemetery added to the first impressions they made.

lucky
30-03-2015, 03:25 PM
I'm an out of town member but was never told at anytime that I had lesser rights than other members. However I use the club before and sometimes after the games along with several mates who use the club regularluy out with of Hibs games. They have stated that the St Pats branch are trying to change the rule book which would give them a greater say in the club. I'm told also that St Pats branch we're going to be expelled from the HSA at the AGM. If someone can post a copy of the rule book and the proposed amendments then we can see what is being proposed.

I've been critical of the St Pats branch based on postings on here of one or two of their members but I'm not keen on expelling others for having a different opinion. I really dislike the implication that this is religious based. It appears personality based.

Mike Reilly gets bad press on here due to his press coverage and viewson the running of the football club, but by all accounts he has run the social club exceptionally well.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2015, 03:45 PM
I dont know what the Elephant in the room is and i would dearly like to know as its very hard to understand why Hibs fans are at each others throats when we need unity like at no other time. We could , and i mean could , spend another season outside the top flight and then we we will need all hands on deck.

I have from time to time had issues with certain aspects of St Pat's stuff, where in my opinion the branches stated aim of celebrating and preserving Hibs Irish roots and history have spilled over into a scenario where it could be viewed as not so much preserving the clubs history as, intentionally or not, turning us into a sort of east coast Celtic.

I do not particularly want to have that discussion again, but in the context of the OP and the fact that there appears to be some long standing issues between St Pat's and some people within the HSA I was interested to see if there were folk in the HSA who shared my view and if this was part of the current problem. If its not then fine. but if it is then as I said it needs to be part of the discussion.

I would agree with other posters that even if there was an issue with St Pat's on this or any other aspects of their branch that any proposal to expel them from the HSA would seem a step too far ... above all else people should have a right to voice their opinions.

Golden Bear
30-03-2015, 03:56 PM
I have from time to time had issues with certain aspects of St Pat's stuff, where in my opinion the branches stated aim of celebrating and preserving Hibs Irish roots and history have spilled over into a scenario where it could be viewed as not so much preserving the clubs history as, intentionally or not, turning us into a sort of east coast Celtic.

I do not particularly want to have that discussion again, but in the context of the OP and the fact that there appears to be some long standing issues between St Pat's and some people within the HSA I was interested to see if there were folk in the HSA who shared my view and if this was part of the current problem. If its not then fine. but if it is then as I said it needs to be part of the discussion.

:agree:

I've often though that some of the St Pat's members who post on here, have let's say, a very high opinion of themselves and seem intent on "educating" us lesser mortals on the history of our Club as if we weren't aware of it already.

With regard to this particular issue, then in the interests of impartiality, it would be interesting to here the other side of the argument (debate)

Iggy Pope
30-03-2015, 04:03 PM

I would agree with other posters that even if there was an issue with St Pat's on this or any other aspects of their branch that any proposal to expel them from the HSA would seem a step too far ... above all else people should have a right to voice their opinions.

This 'east coast Celtic' bowff is extremely tedious and as Hibbies we should rise above such nonsense. The plaque installation at St Patrick's church and the rededication of Dan McMichael's grave are not the actions of anyone Celtic-minded. And if there are people that are thinking that way then their agenda is both askew and highly suspect in my opinion. Highly suspect.

Iggy Pope
30-03-2015, 04:06 PM

I've often though that some of the St Pat's members who post on here, have let's say, a very high opinion of themselves and seem intent on "educating" us lesser mortals on the history of our Club as if we weren't aware of it already.

With regard to this particular issue, then in the interests of impartiality, it would be interesting to here the other side of the argument (debate)

A number of people who post on here have very high opinions of themselves. And I don't see any issue with attempts at educating people, any people, on our history.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2015, 04:10 PM

This for me too GB :agree:

Pandora's box has been opened so to speak and I'm sure a lot of people would like the information required to make their minds up on this, that being:

1) .... Exactly what changes are St Pat's proposing

2) .... If the HSA do have issues with St Pat's exactly what are they

DaveF
30-03-2015, 04:22 PM
I'd rather read about how far on (or not) the branches are getting on with persuading members on the HSL scheme than this jumpers and blazers nonsense.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2015, 04:24 PM
A number of people who post on here have very high opinions of themselves. And I don't see any issue with attempts at educating people, any people, on our history.

I think that's the point though Iggy. Nobody has an issue with the Dan McMichael or plaque stuff, in fact many have praised St Pat's for their efforts, myself included. I do not think those of us, like myself, who have from time to time taken umbrage at some of St Pat's stuff have a "high opinion of themselves" ..... we do care about Hibs every bit as much as you do and that includes the image of the club and the image of the people who support it.

Iggy Pope
30-03-2015, 04:37 PM
I think that's the point though Iggy. Nobody has an issue with the Dan McMichael or plaque stuff, in fact many have praised St Pat's for their efforts, myself included. I do not think those of us, like myself, who have from time to time taken umbrage at some of St Pat's stuff have a "high opinion of themselves" ..... we do care about Hibs every bit as much as you do and that includes the image of the club and the image of the people who support it.

I'm not a St Pats member by the way. And my reference to other posters and their inflated opinions of themselves was more of a wider forum reference. Those in the knowers and their faceless sources, the financial whizz kids who assured us of the Hearts demise, the tactical geniuses that don't go near a game and sit behind their laptops every Saturday..........as far as I can see the St Pats guys have taken a bit of initiative and did things that other branches would not even have considered in their decades of existence. And in doing so, they certainly engaged the club itself (the football club not the Hibs Club) in their activity. Maybe that's why Riley doesn't fancy them much. They're progressive. Maybe a bit too progressive for some of the Neanderthals that inhabit Sunnyside.

EdinMike
30-03-2015, 04:39 PM
I'm not a St Pats member by the way. And my reference to other posters and their inflated opinions of themselves was more of a wider forum reference. Those in the knowers and their faceless sources, the financial whizz kids who assured us of the Hearts demise, the tactical geniuses that don't go near a game and sit behind their laptops every Saturday..........as far as I can see the St Pats guys have taken a bit of initiative and did things that other branches would not even have considered in their decades of existence. And in doing so, they certainly engaged the club itself (the football club not the Hibs Club) in their activity. Maybe that's why Riley doesn't fancy them much. They're progressive. Maybe a bit too progressive for some of the Neanderthals that inhabit Sunnyside.

:agree: Yup.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2015, 04:40 PM
This 'east coast Celtic' bowff is extremely tedious and as Hibbies we should rise above such nonsense. The plaque installation at St Patrick's church and the rededication of Dan McMichael's grave are not the actions of anyone Celtic-minded. And if there are people that are thinking that way then their agenda is both askew and highly suspect in my opinion. Highly suspect.
My thoughts on the stuff St Pat's do has nothing to do with their work regarding preservation of the clubs history. Some of the other stuff I have seen from them has caused me concern .... I'm not going to go over old ground unless I have to, at this point I'm more keen to hear the HSA's side of things so that an informed judgement can be made as to why St Pat's and them have got the handbags out.

As for the highlighted bit .......... If you can explain what you mean by that without this thread being closed by the admins within half an hour of your post doing so I'll buy one of those daft jesters hats with the bells on from the Hibs shop and eat it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-03-2015, 04:43 PM

I got a ticking off for using the bowling club analogy on here a few weeks ago, still not sure why though.

lucky
30-03-2015, 04:43 PM

Not sure you can call people progressive if the things they do are about the past. Hibs is a broad church and should be welcome to all. As a support I like the fact we are cross section of the community. As I have said earlier we need to see what St Pats are proposing in changing the rules of the Hibs club. We can't allow this debate to focused around whether people like Mike Reilly or not.

Iggy Pope
30-03-2015, 04:51 PM
[/B]
My thoughts on the stuff St Pat's do has nothing to do with their work regarding preservation of the clubs history. Some of the other stuff I have seen from you has caused me concern .... I'm not going to go over old ground unless I have to, at this point I'm more keen to hear the HSA's side of things so that an informed judgement can be made as to why you two have got the handbags out.

As for the highlighted bit .......... If you can explain what you mean by that without this thread being closed by the admins within half an hour of your post doing so I'll buy one of those daft jesters hats with the bells on from the Hibs shop and eat it.

Seriously? Again, I'm not a St Pats member, so the 'you two' bit is probably wasted on me. I admire what they are doing and have links back to the parish as far back as the birth of my grandmother. My folks were married there, I was baptised and schooled there and feel the roots that the Branch are promoting very keenly.

You don't think that people might have an agenda? You speak of 'the HSA' as if St Pats were somehow not part of that very Association.
St Pats branch appear only to have done good things in their short existence. A few clearly don't like, or appreciate this. And I'm not talking about what one or two regular St Pats contributors post on here, that's not the issue. There are a great deal of St Pats people who don't come near here.
Now. Away and eat that hat!

Iggy Pope
30-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Not sure you can call people progressive if the things they do are about the past. Hibs is a broad church and should be welcome to all. As a support I like the fact we are cross section of the community. As I have said earlier we need to see what St Pats are proposing in changing the rules of the Hibs club. We can't allow this debate to focused around whether people like Mike Reilly or not.

Are they isolating anyone?
Their progressive approach is outlined in previous posts.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-03-2015, 04:56 PM
This thread could get messy.

Family size bag of Butterkist could be needed!

invisible man
30-03-2015, 04:58 PM

1 and 2 are rule changes 3 and 4 will be in any other business. The wording of 4 is slightly different to that which will be discussed at the AGM.

1.This meeting agrees that the principle function of the Association is not reflected in the
current rules and agrees to delete Rule 2 of the current rules and replace it as follows: -
The objective of the Association is to promote the interests of Hibernian FC and to act as the
focal point of interaction between members of the Association and the football club.

2.This meeting is aware that there was an attempt to exclude a member from the 2014 AGM
because he was and “out of town member”. To ensure that this discrimination cannot be
repeated this meeting agrees that all members of the Association are entitled to attend and
vote at General Meetings of the Association.

3.The meeting agrees that the current rule book has the rules of the social club placed before
the rules of the Association and therefore implies that the club is the more important. This
meeting believes that this undermines the value of the Association and the Trustees are
therefore instructed to reverse this by placing the Association rules first in order of the rule
book.

4.While we agree that the Hibernian Supporters Club is well run and complies fully with the
current rules it is delivered by elected volunteers working hard on behalf of members at a
cost of them having to carry the burden of an excessive workload in order to deliver the
requirements of both the management of the social club and representing members
interests as an association. This meeting is of the view that in light of the changing face of
Hibernian FC it may now be more appropriate to remove some of this onerous workload and
that the day to day management of the Hibernian Supporters Club is divested to a club
steward appointed by the Trustees.
In order that this may be achieved the Trustees are directed to consult with branches as to
how governance and accountability of such a change may be delivered and to present an
amended constitution and rule book to members by the end of this calendar year. This will
allow branches to submit any suggested amendments to the proposal prior to the 2016 AGM
and ensure that all arrangements are in place for implementation following that AGM.

lucky
30-03-2015, 05:04 PM
1 and 2 are rule changes 3 and 4 will be in any other business. The wording of 4 is slightly different to that which will be discussed at the AGM.

1.This meeting agrees that the principle function of the Association is not reflected in the
current rules and agrees to delete Rule 2 of the current rules and replace it as follows: -
The objective of the Association is to promote the interests of Hibernian FC and to act as the
focal point of interaction between members of the Association and the football club.

2.This meeting is aware that there was an attempt to exclude a member from the 2014 AGM
because he was and “out of town member”. To ensure that this discrimination cannot be
repeated this meeting agrees that all members of the Association are entitled to attend and

3.The meeting agrees that the current rule book has the rules of the social club placed before
the rules of the Association and therefore implies that the club is the more important. This
meeting believes that this undermines the value of the Association and the Trustees are
therefore instructed to reverse this by placing the Association rules first in order of the rule
book.

4.While we agree that the Hibernian Supporters Club is well run and complies fully with the
current rules it is delivered by elected volunteers working hard on behalf of members at a
cost of them having to carry the burden of an excessive workload in order to deliver the
interests as an association. This meeting is of the view that in light of the changing face of
Hibernian FC it may now be more appropriate to remove some of this onerous workload and
that the day to day management of the Hibernian Supporters Club is divested to a club
In order that this may be achieved the Trustees are directed to consult with branches as to
how governance and accountability of such a change may be delivered and to present an
amended constitution and rule book to members by the end of this calendar year. This will
allow branches to submit any suggested amendments to the proposal prior to the 2016 AGM
and ensure that all arrangements are in place for implementation following that AGM.

Thanks for that. For the first 3 look ok but I think 4 will struggle

Brightside
30-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Whats the point of the HSC? What is it actually for? I've never understood all the branches etc. and what they are actually for.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Seriously? Again, I'm not a St Pats member, so the 'you two' bit is probably wasted on me. I admire what they are doing and have links back to the parish as far back as the birth of my grandmother. My folks were married there, I was baptised and schooled there and feel the roots that the Branch are promoting very keenly.

You don't think that people might have an agenda? You speak of 'the HSA' as if St Pats were somehow not part of that very Association.
St Pats branch appear only to have done good things in their short existence. A few clearly don't like, or appreciate this. And I'm not talking about what one or two regular St Pats contributors post on here, that's not the issue. There are a great deal of St Pats people who don't come near here.
Now. Away and eat that hat!

Firstly .... I amended the "you two" bit of my post after I had seen yours saying you weren't part of St Pat's, unfortunately you had already quoted it. I'm willing to agree I might have given what you said the wrong meaning, so apologies ....... I'm still no eating the hat though so there :greengrin

If the possible agenda you speak of is purely driven by jealousy or a reluctance by certain parties at the HSA to move forward then I'm with St Pat's on this .... hell mend them. But if there is more to it I want to hear it, which is why once again I would ask the branch to tell folk what their proposals are regarding changes to rules or procedures and the HSA to say what the problem they appear to have with St Pats is.

As things stand at the moment all this is, is a rant at Mike Riley for acting like a bully or a tool. If the HSA, and especially St Pat's who after all appear to have made this pubic, aren't prepared to put some meat on the bones I cant see what purpose there ever was in posting this in the first place if people aren't going to be given the information they need to make their minds up as to who is in the right.

Iggy Pope
30-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Whats the point of the HSC? What is it actually for? I've never understood all the branches etc. and what they are actually for.

Once upon a time there used to be a bus to away games from most branches.
I could show you old programmes from the 1950s with supporter club notes in them, some Branches exist to this day.
Some of those branches funded these buses by selling pontoon tickets and other means.
The club itself is a Social Club with a fairly big foothold in the community.
All the various branches form this association to which each member pays a yearly sub.
Kids Christmas parties.
OAP collections and parties.
Darts, dominoes, pool.
Cheap beer.
Big Function Hall for birthdays, barmitzvahs etc.

There will be a lot more. The Hibs Club is far from a bad thing and in 1990 was the one of the focal points of the saving of our football club. No question.

Iggy Pope
30-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Firstly .... I amended the "you two" bit of my post after I had seen yours saying you weren't part of St Pat's, unfortunately you had already quoted it. I'm willing to agree I might have given what you said the wrong meaning, so apologies ....... I'm still no eating the hat though so there :greengrin

If the possible agenda you speak of is purely driven by jealousy or a reluctance by certain parties at the HSA to move forward then I'm with St Pat's on this .... hell mend them. But if there is more to it I want to hear it, which is why once again I would ask the branch to tell folk what their proposals are regarding changes to rules or procedures and the HSA to say what the problem they appear to have with St Pats is.

As things stand at the moment all this is, is a rant at Mike Riley for acting like a bully or a tool. If the HSA, and especially St Pat's who after all appear to have made this pubic, aren't prepared to put some meat on the bones I cant see what purpose there ever was in posting this in the first place if people aren't going to be given the information they need to make their minds up as to who is in the right.

Ok as the wording of your pre-edited post concerned me, as I'm not sure what I could have posted that would cause you concern. Understood now though.
I think the Invisible Man has put some of the pieces together in his post a few back.

I'm not entirely sure that the OP is a St Pats member, so the going public bit on this Forum may not be the work of the Branch. And the goings on at AGM time have caused something of a stir on here before, around about the time especially that Mr Riley seized control.........
It would be extraordinary if that control amounted to the expelling of a healthy branch of fans from the Association merely for requesting change.
And some of the quotes from him on the thread are pretty explicit. He can always deny, challenge or retract. If not, then he is certainly sounding like the descriptive you offered.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Now seen the St Pats proposals ... if that's it what the hell is all the fuss about, they all seem reasonable to me.

Of course number 4 I would imagine could see Mike Riley shifted sideways to run the social club with someone else taking the position as the head of ( and therefor spokesperson for ) the HSA ..... I doubt Mr Riley would be a fan of that idea right enough.

Peevemor
30-03-2015, 05:43 PM
I could show you old programmes from the 1950s with supporter club notes in them, some Branches exist to this day.
Some of those branches funded these buses by selling pontoon tickets and other means.
All the various branches form this association to which each member pays a yearly sub.
Kids Christmas parties.
Darts, dominoes, pool.
Cheap beer.

There will be a lot more. The Hibs Club is far from a bad thing and in 1990 was the one of the focal points of the saving of our football club. No question.

I remember there used to be a bit in the sport section of the EEN every Friday listing the departure times and pick up points of each of the branch buses. There'd be about 10 Hibs buses for a normal away game with more for bigger matches.

ps. I looked up the plural of "bus" - doesn't look right to me.

Iggy Pope
30-03-2015, 05:50 PM
I remember there used to be a bit in the sport section of the EEN every Friday listing the departure times and pick up points of each of the branch buses. There'd be about 10 Hibs buses for a normal away game with more for bigger matches.

Like Lothian Buses?

I loved that section in the News.
I remember Albert Kidd Hibs Bus corresponding regularly at times of Yam strife!

FranckSuzy
30-03-2015, 05:53 PM

Please see below :aok:

book.

Phil D. Rolls
30-03-2015, 05:54 PM
People's Popular Front of Judea says Back the Hibs and sack the pigs! Careful now!

FranckSuzy
30-03-2015, 05:58 PM
Now seen the St Pats proposals ... if that's it what the hell is all the fuss about, they all seem reasonable to me.

Of course number 4 I would imagine could see Mike Riley shifted sideways to run the social club with someone else taking the position as the head of ( and therefor spokesperson for ) the HSA ..... I doubt Mr Riley would be a fan of that idea right enough.

Please see below. The idea of appointing a Steward to run the social club side of things was to free up the Committee (who, it has to be said, work very hard at running the 'Hibs Club' i.e. the bar/functions) so they could concentrate on running the Hibernian Supporters Association, which they were elected to do :aok:

book.

ancient hibee
30-03-2015, 06:08 PM
I'm with the great Groucho and "would never be a member of any club that would have me as a member".Notwithstanding that I would like to stick my neb in.In all my years supporting Hibs nobody has ever asked me to join the Association nor has anyone ever said to me "I'm in the Hibs Supporters Association".As an outsider it seems a little confused (or I am).Who are the members of the Association?Is it the junior clubs or is it individuals?If the junior clubs does that mean they have to be mandated by their members to vote at an AGM?If individuals does that mean expelling St.Pat's would have no effect because St.Pat's is not a member -but its members are?If it's true that attempts are being made to pack the meeting then it's also time change took place.

Phil D. Rolls

There was a group of guys used to go from Gorgie in a car. They had a notice every Friday with details of the "Gorgie Greens Supporters Club" - I wonder if any of them posts on here.

FranckSuzy

I think it is fair to say that everytime a group of disparate people get together, there will differences of opinion, which is fair enough. Unfortunately, in the St. Pat's branch like probably every other, there are some who allow their personal views/agendas take over from the Branch philosophy - that those of all religions AND NO RELIGION are very welcome. Of those who were attempting to use St. Pat's as a vehicle for their own means, they have been asked to cease and desist and on behalf of the Committee, I can only apologise to anyone who has been offended by these views. GGTTH.

Brightside
Please see below. The idea of appointing a Steward to run the social club side of things was to free up the Committee (who, it has to be said, work very hard at running the 'Hibs Club' i.e. the bar/functions) so they could concentrate on running the Hibernian Supporters Association, which they were elected to do :aok:

So....is it still needed now we have supporter reps on the board? I get the bar, cheap drink, meeting point thing, charity. But is it still needed as a connection for Fans to the club?

FranckSuzy
30-03-2015, 06:14 PM
So....is it still needed now we have supporter reps on the board? I get the bar, cheap drink, meeting point thing, charity. But is it still needed as a connection for Fans to the club?

That is a very good question and one which I am not qualified to answer :greengrin I think, in years gone by, the HSA purchased suits for the players to wear at cup finals, bits of equipment, etc. There was/is the Player of The Year awards and various other activities, but in the 50th Anniversary year of the HSA, it might well be time for a rethink... but that is not for me to say.

One thing is for sure though, we all have one thing in common: Hibernian Football Club and I dearly hope we can work together to get us back to our rightful place in Scottish football :aok:

Peevemor
30-03-2015, 06:18 PM
There was a group of guys used to go from Gorgie in a car. They had a notice every Friday with details of the "Gorgie Greens Supporters Club" - I wonder if any of them posts on here.

I met them upstairs in the Conan Doyle nearly 30 years ago.

Brightside
30-03-2015, 06:22 PM
That is a very good question and one which I am not qualified to answer :greengrin I think, in years gone by, the HSA purchased suits for the players to wear at cup finals, bits of equipment, etc. There was/is the Player of The Year awards and various other activities, but in the 50th Anniversary year of the HSA, it might well be time for a rethink... but that is not for me to say.

One thing is for sure though, we all have one thing in common: Hibernian Football Club and I dearly hope we can work together to get us back to our rightful place in Scottish football :aok:

I think the one thing we don't need now is a "Spokesman for the fans" We have two on the board so Mike Riley really has no need to have any kind of Hibernian appointment. :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
30-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Kids Christmas parties.
Darts, dominoes, pool.
Cheap beer.

I'm with the great Groucho and "would never be a member of any club that would have me as a member".Notwithstanding that I would like to stick my neb in.In all my years supporting Hibs nobody has ever asked me to join the Association nor has anyone ever said to me "I'm in the Hibs Supporters Association".As an outsider it seems a little confused (or I am).Who are the members of the Association?Is it the junior clubs or is it individuals?If the junior clubs does that mean they have to be mandated by their members to vote at an AGM?If individuals does that mean expelling St.Pat's would have no effect because St.Pat's is not a member -but its members are?If it's true that attempts are being made to pack the meeting then it's also time change took place.

As above. IIRC, the various branches form the HSA and so by joining a branch, it means you are part of the Association :aok:

PiemanP
30-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Riley out !

H18S NX
30-03-2015, 06:30 PM

Speaking personally, I have nothing but total admiration for the way they have went about their business since their formation with their social & charitable activities. They are a throwback to what Branches used to be about....You are right Boris,i am with Stanton branch and have never heard of us having an axe to grind,and i too think ST Pats are doing a grand job.

invisible man
30-03-2015, 06:40 PM

There's already a bar steward who's responsibility is the day to day running of the Hibs Club, however there are some tasks that the trustees have a legal responsibility for and we can't just hand these over to the bar steward.

I also disagree that we are elected only to concentrate on the Association, we are elected to do both.

Having said that, I appreciate that the Association side of things isn't what it should be but that in part is down to various Hibernian boards attitude towards the Association, it's been take, take, take for a number of years with very little in return. The Association must have given Hibs, via donations, sponsorship and hospitality, over £30000 over the last five years alone. In return? not even a letter of thanks, and this has been going on for the 20 or so years that I have been involved with the Association. It wears you down.

I realise that there's a new regime and I hope that Leeann Dempster can change things and to that end we have a meeting with her on Wednesday to hopefully foster what will be a better relationship with Hibs.

FranckSuzy
30-03-2015, 06:48 PM
There's already a bar steward who's responsibility is the day to day running of the Hibs Club, however there are some tasks that the trustees have a legal responsibility for and we can't just hand these over to the bar steward.

I also disagree that we are elected only to concentrate on the Association, we are elected to do both.

Having said that, I appreciate that the Association side of things isn't what it should be but that in part is down to various Hibernian boards attitude towards the Association, it's been take, take, take for a number of years with very little in return. The Association must have given Hibs, via donations, sponsorship and hospitality, over £30000 over the last five years alone. In return? not even a letter of thanks, and this has been going on for the 20 or so years that I have been involved with the Association. It wears you down.

I realise that there's a new regime and I hope that Leeann Dempster can change things and to that end we have a meeting with her on Wednesday to hopefully foster what will be a better relationship with Hibs.

That's good to hear :aok:

I think the issue for some members is though that the social side of things seems to take precendent over the football side of things, but hopefully that's about the change. GGTTH

Hermit Crab
30-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Riley out !

In a nutshell.

Blaster
30-03-2015, 07:03 PM
The HSA refused East Lothian hibs supporters club membership of the association years ago because we refused to leave at an even earlier time to spend money at the social club.

That position may have changed over the years but it gives more ammunition that the social club was their priority

ronaldo7
30-03-2015, 07:14 PM

book.

Hi mate,

Can you point me in the direction of the "current" rule which states that Out of town members cannot vote at AGM's

http://hibsclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/rulesclub.pdf

oconnors_strip
30-03-2015, 07:29 PM
Ok as the wording of your pre-edited post concerned me, as I'm not sure what I could have posted that would cause you concern. Understood now though.
I think the Invisible Man has put some of the pieces together in his post a few back.

I'm not entirely sure that the OP is a St Pats member, so the going public bit on this Forum may not be the work of the Branch. And the goings on at AGM time have caused something of a stir on here before, around about the time especially that Mr Riley seized control.........
It would be extraordinary if that control amounted to the expelling of a healthy branch of fans from the Association merely for requesting change.
And some of the quotes from him on the thread are pretty explicit. He can always deny, challenge or retract. If not, then he is certainly sounding like the descriptive you offered.

Correct, I'm not a member of the St pats branch.

Jonnyboy
30-03-2015, 07:37 PM

Can you expand on this? What have the club taken from HSA? Genuine question

EdinMike
30-03-2015, 07:39 PM
Hi mate,

Can you point me in the direction of the "current" rule which states that Out of town members cannot vote at AGM's

Isn't that the point ? MR was trying to enforce a rule that didn't/doesn't exist !?

invisible man
30-03-2015, 07:43 PM
That's good to hear :aok:

I think the issue for some members is though that the social side of things seems to take precendent over the football side of things, but hopefully that's about the change. GGTTH

The social side will always take precedent for me Suzy. It's a big responsibility and I have to make sure that the books balance.

ronaldo7
30-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Isn't that the point ? MR was trying to enforce a rule that didn't/doesn't exist !?

And because it doesn't exist, the Trustees are now proposing to introduce it. Out of town members will become 2nd class members.

Phil D. Rolls
30-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Does this bloke work as a steward on a Saturday night.

It's just that a wee guy like him demanded an apology from my daughter for calling him a ***** at my wedding reception.

I'd like to buy him a pint, it's the first time she's ever apologised to anybody.

invisible man
30-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Can you expand on this? What have the club taken from HSA? Genuine question

Excluding this year we have donated £1500 per year to the youth team, sponsored four first team players and bought 10 tickets for kicks for kids. We have also supported events such as the hall of fame by buying 20 tickets as well as covering some of the costs for our members to use match hospitality. Going further back we have also kitted out the first team squad with suits when they've reached a cup final.

In the big scheme of things it's not a huge amount of money and it may seem a bit petty, but it would be nice to get a letter of thanks, not just us , but anyone donating to Hibs should receive this.

invisible man
30-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Does this bloke work as a steward on a Saturday night.

It's just that a wee guy like him demanded an apology from my daughter for calling him a ***** at my wedding reception.

I'd like to buy him a pint, it's the first time she's ever apologised to anybody.

He works alternate Saturday's but he's no wee.

invisible man
30-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Hi mate,

Out of Town members are temporary members allowed only in the club on match days.

ronaldo7
30-03-2015, 08:01 PM
Out of Town members are temporary members allowed only in the club on match days.

That's not the question I asked you. Where in the current rules does it say out of town members are not allowed to vote at AGM's?

invisible man
30-03-2015, 08:02 PM
That's not the question I asked you. Where in the current rules does it say out of town members are not allowed to vote at AGM's?

Well, if they're only allowed in the club on match days they shouldn't be at an AGM.

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Excluding this year we have donated £1500 per year to the youth team, sponsored four first team players and bought 10 tickets for kicks for kids. We have also supported events such as the hall of fame by buying 20 tickets as well as covering some of the costs for our members to use match hospitality. Going further back we have also kitted out the first team squad with suits when they've reached a cup final.

In the big scheme of things it's not a huge amount of money and it may seem a bit petty, but it would be nice to get a letter of thanks, not just us , but anyone donating to Hibs should receive this.

Having renewed ST and purchased shares within the last 6 weeks, I have had two acknowledgments and personal thanks from Hibs. This is certainly changing.

Has the HSA stopped giving Hibs money?

ronaldo7
30-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Well, if they're only allowed in the club on match days they shouldn't be at an AGM.

Seems the rules are not enforced then, as I, as an out of town member was in the club the other night having a pint.

EdinMike
30-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Seems the rules are not enforced then, as I, as an out of town member was in the club the other night having a pint.

The rules only apply when it suits then.. or suits someone.. :stirrer:

invisible man
30-03-2015, 08:06 PM

And because it doesn't exist, the Trustees are now proposing to introduce it. Out of town members will become 2nd class members.

They wont be second class members. Branch secretaries should offer an out of towner the option to be either an 'oot' member or pay a little more and become a full member. If this information was disclosed to them when they joined we wouldn't have a problem.

invisible man
30-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Having renewed ST and purchased shares within the last 6 weeks, I have had two acknowledgments and personal thanks from Hibs. This is certainly changing.

Has the HSA stopped giving Hibs money?

Agree Brocks, things looking up. We haven't given anything to Hibs this season yet although we did buy 10 tickets for kicks for kids and they will be receiving a cheque for £15000 within the next week or so.

HH81
30-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Out of town members seems fun how do I sign up?

lucky
30-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Hi mate,

Thanks for posting the rules, I would say rule 3 states that out of town members are not full members but there is nothing in the rules about voting rights. I'm more concerned over rule 9 b. There is nothing in the rules that I can see where a branch can be kicked out unless a motion is in the hands of the GS 28 days in advance of the AGM

FranckSuzy
30-03-2015, 08:12 PM
The social side will always take precedent for me Suzy. It's a big responsibility and I have to make sure that the books balance.

That's fair enough and you do a great job, C :aok: But for the ordinary fan, the entire raison d'être of the HSA is to
promote the interests of Hibernian FC and to act as the focal point of interaction between members of the Association and the football club

ronaldo7
30-03-2015, 08:16 PM
The rules only apply when it suits then.. or suits someone.. :stirrer:

Maybe the social side of the club needed the cash.

It really beggars belief that the Trustees and Executive committee are putting forward a new set of rules for the club and association which will exclude the out of town members voting at the AGM.

Given that rule 4 of the "New rules" as proposed by the Trustees reads as follows:

"The association, it's members or employees will not discriminate on grounds of disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation".

But if you're an out of town member from Penicuik, Musselburgh, Port Seton, Prestonpans, et al you can stand outside.

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Agree Brocks, things looking up. We haven't given anything to Hibs this season yet although we did buy 10 tickets for kicks for kids and they will be receiving a cheque for £15000 within the next week or so.

But the HSA sponsors a football team unconnected to Hibs?:confused:

invisible man
30-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Thanks for posting the rules, I would say rule 3 states that out of town members are not full members but there is nothing in the rules about voting rights. I'm more concerned over rule 9 b. There is nothing in the rules that I can see where a branch can be kicked out unless a motion is in the hands of the GS 28 days in advance of the AGM

Rule 3 does state that out of town members are only temporary members allowed into the club on match days so this would exclude the AGM.

No need to be concerned over 9b, no branch is getting kicked out of the association.

invisible man
30-03-2015, 08:18 PM

Oh I walked into that one.

ronaldo7
30-03-2015, 08:21 PM

They wont be second class members. Branch secretaries should offer an out of towner the option to be either an 'oot' member or pay a little more and become a full member. If this information was disclosed to them when they joined we wouldn't have a problem.

I'm sorry mate, but if you're saying they can only attend the club on match days and shouldn't be at an AGM, they're second class members in my eyes.

invisible man
30-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Maybe the social side of the club needed the cash.

It really beggars belief that the Trustees and Executive committee are putting forward a new set of rules for the club and association which will exclude the out of town members voting at the AGM.

Given that rule 4 of the "New rules" as proposed by the Trustees reads as follows:

"The association, it's members or employees will not discriminate on grounds of disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation".

But if you're an out of town member from Penicuik, Musselburgh, Port Seton, Prestonpans, et al you can stand outside.

I really don't see your point. Where you come from is irrelevant. You don't HAVE to take an oot membership if you live in Penicuik, Musselburgh, Port Seton or Prestonpans. Pay a little extra and become a full member. An out of town member is just a different category of membership, you pay less you have less rights. The HSA is no different to Golf/Bowling/gym clubs who all have different levels of membership at different prices.

scoopyboy
30-03-2015, 08:23 PM

I know a few of the Gorgie Greens, they regularly run buses to our bigger games.

They have functions and sponsored Paul Hanlon's kit for a few seasons.

linlithgowhibbie
30-03-2015, 08:25 PM

The out of town branch I have been a member of since it formed in 1985 visits the club before all home games and has never been treated as second class, quite the opposite.
We also have full members who have moved into town, they also have never had any problems.

In fact as far as I am concerned inmy experience it is the best pre match experience you can get

Said in a private capacity, not in my position of Branch committee member.

Brian G AKA Linlithgowhibbie:flag:

invisible man
30-03-2015, 08:27 PM
I'm sorry mate, but if you're saying they can only attend the club on match days and shouldn't be at an AGM, they're second class members in my eyes.

That's what they're paying for though, reduced fee for reduced rights. The problem is that none of this is explained when they take out their membership.

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2015, 08:27 PM
I really don't see your point. Where you come from is irrelevant. You don't HAVE to take an oot membership if you live in Penicuik, Musselburgh, Port Seton or Prestonpans. Pay a little extra and become a full member. An out of town member is just a different category of membership, you pay less you have less rights. The HSA is no different to Golf/Bowling/gym clubs who all have different levels of membership at different prices.

All I can say, is thank the lord, we have you on the trustees, who at least has common sense, and debates in an orderly manner......

ronaldo7
30-03-2015, 08:30 PM

I really didn't know the club rules and regs when I joined. For an extra £3 or £4 which I put behind the bar the other night, I might just get a full membership:aok: Better to change the rules from within, rather than be kept outside whilst the big boys are making new rules up.:aok:

I'll make sure I don't attend on Sunday even if I only wanted to have a pint.:aok:

scoopyboy
30-03-2015, 08:34 PM

I was of the same opinion as yourself GB until recently.

It's fair to say one poster was getting on my threepenny bits.

Big G came on the East Lothian Hibs bus to Dumfries and I was spouting forth my discontent about St. Pats not actually realising he was one of the top boys in the organisation. He explained that the poster who was upsetting a few others as well was doing so off his own bat and his views were not representive of the branch.

When I got back home the thread had grown and I realised many members were actually posters on here who I respect.

So at the end of the day I was wrong with my initial thoughts about St.Pats.

ronaldo7
30-03-2015, 08:36 PM
The out of town branch I have been a member of since it formed in 1983 visits the club before all home games and has never been treated as second class, quite the opposite.
We also have full members who have moved into town, they also have never had any problems.

In fact as far as I am concerned inmy experience it is the best pre match experience you can get

Said in a private capacity, not in my position of Branch committee member.

Brian G AKA Linlithgowhibbie:flag:

I have been in the club before and after matches, and we've had a great time. It seems a bit strange to me that if I'm in town around Easter Road on a non match day, due to the rules, I'm not allowed into the club for a pint. Although sometimes the rules get relaxed:aok:

3pm
30-03-2015, 08:38 PM
I was of the same opinion as yourself GB until recently.

It's fair to say one poster was getting on my threepenny bits.

Big G came on the East Lothian Hibs bus to Dumfries and I was spouting forth my discontent about St. Pats not actually realising he was one of the top boys in the organisation. He explained that the poster who was upsetting a few others as well was doing so off his own bat and his views were not representive of the branch.

When I got back home the thread had grown and I realised many members were actually posters on here who I respect.

So at the end of the day I was wrong with my initial thoughts about St.Pats.

Take it there are no prizes for guessing who said poster was?!

Jonnyboy

:aok: Thanks for that

3pm
I have been in the club before and after matches, and we've had a great time. It seems a bit strange to me that if I'm in town around Easter Road on a non match day, due to the rules, I'm not allowed into the club for a pint. Although sometimes the rules get relaxed:aok:

I very much doubt they'd turn you away!

invisible man
30-03-2015, 08:39 PM
I really didn't know the club rules and regs when I joined. For an extra £3 or £4 which I put behind the bar the other night, I might just get a full membership:aok: Better to change the rules from within, rather than be kept outside whilst the big boys are making new rules up.:aok:

I'll make sure I don't attend on Sunday even if I only wanted to have a pint.:aok:

You may attend on Sunday but just sit quietly with your arms folded :)

macca70
30-03-2015, 08:39 PM
Sunday sounds like it should be fun then 😳

Might have to head along.

ronaldo7
30-03-2015, 08:41 PM
You may attend on Sunday but just sit quietly with your arms folded :)

scoopyboy
30-03-2015, 08:41 PM
Take it there are no prizes for guessing who said poster was?!

No prizes for guessing as I think everyone would get it, didn't want to name him as there seemed to be a fair bit of flak going about yesterday between admins and posters about abusing pillocks:greengrin

invisible man
30-03-2015, 08:42 PM

We're proposing at this AGM that this rule be changed and OOT members will be allowed into the club at anytime.

ronaldo7
30-03-2015, 08:43 PM
I very much doubt they'd turn you away!

They didn't:greengrin But they could have:aok:

invisible man
30-03-2015, 08:43 PM
All I can say, is thank the lord, we have you on the trustees, who at least has common sense, and debates in an orderly manner......

2 diet bru's

ronaldo7
30-03-2015, 08:44 PM
We're proposing at this AGM that this rule be changed and OOT members will be allowed into the club at anytime.

Sense at last:aok:

3pm

The membership cards still allow OOT members in on non-matchdays do they not?

Hermit Crab
2 diet bru's

Hes on the full fat bru now. :greengrin

Smiler1981
30-03-2015, 08:46 PM

Who can regularly be heard cheering hearts goals!

Bostonhibby
30-03-2015, 08:47 PM

This is what does it for me - Somewhere in this debate someone made the point that oot members paid less because their use of the subsidised social amenity was less - no issue with that.

Its the creation of or interpretation of rules to suit, or on the hoof and some of the rather autocratic behaviour that is alluded to at times that causes me concern - I appreciate this is not how everyone behaves but there seems to be a theme.

My thanks to the Invisible Man for clarifications.

invisible man
30-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Hes on the full fat bru now. :greengrin

I wondered about the expanding girth :)

H18S NX
30-03-2015, 08:48 PM
2 diet bru's...Colin stop it man,i have never seen you buy a drink yet.

3pm
30-03-2015, 08:49 PM
No prizes for guessing as I think everyone would get it, didn't want to name him as there seemed to be a fair bit of flak going about yesterday between admins and posters about abusing pillocks:greengrin

Ha Ha! Good shout!

invisible man
30-03-2015, 08:50 PM
...Colin stop it man,i have never seen you buy a drink yet.

Committee drinks were going to be used :)

Hermit Crab
30-03-2015, 08:51 PM

Canny get near that pool table now. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn

:tsk tsk::tsk tsk::paranoid:

invisible man
The membership cards still allow OOT members in on non-matchdays do they not?

Yes they do.

macca70
30-03-2015, 08:55 PM

is it true the pool table is going up to 50p? 😜

That extra 20p a game will generate another 2 kids season tickets the association can donate each year 😄

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2015, 08:58 PM
is it true the pool table is going up to 50p? 

That extra 20p a game will generate another 2 kids season tickets the association can donate each year 

It had better not be increased:cb

FranckSuzy
30-03-2015, 08:59 PM

The HSA most certainly did and it's much appreciated :aok:

EdinMike
30-03-2015, 09:02 PM
And now it looks like we're getting to what this thread was about.

Modernising and revamping the rules. They should be looked at, some of them are daft. So roll on Sunday and let's make sure Pints are served in plastic cups.... :greengrin

3pm
30-03-2015, 09:05 PM
It had better not be increased:cb

Need to get a new money bag!!!

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2015, 09:08 PM
Need to get a new money bag!!!

:boo hoo::rolleyes:

Boris
30-03-2015, 09:10 PM
I was explaining to a couple of young ladies in my company in the Four on Saturday night the concept of the OOT membership. Going back to when wee Maud (McFarlane) was the HSA Membership Secretary she had a rule (or the HSA had) that if the "Corpy" bus ran there it was in town but if it didn't it was OOT. That is ofcourse going back a good few years when the Corpy buses only ran as far as Eastfield if you were say heading to Musselburgh or beyond (i.e. SMT bus country). I really felt my age when I had to explain the concept of a "Corpy bus" to said young ladies who have grown up in the enlightened age of bus deregulation. Guess its just an age thing. In those days, as I saw it, the concept of OOT was little if anything to do with voting at an AGM. It was just seen as fairer/decent to charge less for a membership on the basis that you were less likely to use the Club facilities say through the week if you lived in SMT bus land rather than Corpy bus land.

By the way, wee Maud ran the membership system for countless years using hand-written index cards. Thankfully, by the time I took the duty on, "invisible man" had brought the system into the electronic age & it was all on spreadsheets by Branch. And on the subject of said "invisible man", respect Colin for the way you've posted on this thread & fielded various posts.

invisible man
30-03-2015, 09:13 PM
I was explaining to a couple of young ladies in my company in the Four on Saturday night the concept of the OOT membership. Going back to when wee Maud (McFarlane) was the HSA Membership Secretary she had a rule (or the HSA had) that if the "Corpy" bus ran there it was in town but if it didn't it was OOT. That is ofcourse going back a good few years when the Corpy buses only ran as far as Eastfield if you were say heading to Musselburgh or beyond (i.e. SMT bus country). I really felt my age when I had to explain the concept of a "Corpy bus" to said young ladies who have grown up in the enlightened age of bus deregulation. Guess its just an age thing. In those days, as I saw it, the concept of OOT was little if anything to do with voting at an AGM. It was just seen as fairer/decent to charge less for a membership on the basis that you were less likely to use the Club facilities say through the week if you lived in SMT bus land rather than Corpy bus land.

By the way, wee Maud ran the membership system for countless years using hand-written index cards. Thankfully, by the time I took the duty on, "invisible man" had brought the system into the electronic age & it was all on spreadsheets by Branch. And on the subject of said "invisible man", respect Colin for the way you've posted on this thread & fielded various posts.

Cheers Boris, see you on Sunday :)

Baldy Foghorn
30-03-2015, 09:15 PM

Agreed.....:agree:

Stantons Angel
30-03-2015, 09:22 PM
I'll buy you a diet bru

Better buy me a fresh orange and lemonade too, cause i agree with him there!

But WHY is it you who is explaining this? I realise you are a council member and may feel the other members are being cast in the same mould, but i do feel that it should be the person that is behind the expulsion threat who should be defending the name of the association and speaking up on the reason for trying to ban a branch and why an in clandestine meeting was held without them being there to put their side of the story?

I have never in the time ive been a member of this association seen or heard so much bad press about the HSA and most of it has come over the past few years. It does not give off good vibes to the board of the football club if they see a HSA representative speaking out telling us Hibs supporters NOT to back the share issue then have someone else stand up and apologise on their behalf and tell us to back it?

That is just one of the issues been raised its no wonder relationships are sometimes broken down with the football club if they show such unprofessional behaviour. neither does trying to expel a branch because they are trying to make changes for the benefit of out of town members, who after all are HIBS' supporters too? Its not down to one person to force their views on others this is a Social Club not a multi billion dollar business. There is no power being the chairman of the HSA as the elected persons are put there by the members and they have a duty of care to the members too. That includes looking at out of date rules and updating them if need be to the benefit of members.

Hibs are fighting for promotion this season and in a semi final of the Scottish Cup, use your energy getting behind them instead of giving things like this your time!

At a time when we, the Hibs supporters should be galvanising behind the football club we are fighting amongst each other like children!

PatHead
30-03-2015, 09:56 PM

But WHY is it you who is explaining this? I realise you are a council member and may feel the other members are being cast in the same mould, but i do feel that it should be the person that is behind the expulsion threat who should be defending the name of the association and speaking up on the reason for trying to ban a branch and why an in clandestine meeting was held without them being there to put their side of the story?

I have never in the time ive been a member of this association seen or heard so much bad press about the HSA and most of it has come over the past few years. It does not give off good vibes to the board of the football club if they see a HSA representative speaking out telling us Hibs supporters NOT to back the share issue then have someone else stand up and apologise on their behalf and tell us to back it?

That is just one of the issues been raised its no wonder relationships are sometimes broken down with the football club if they show such unprofessional behaviour. neither does trying to expel a branch because they are trying to make changes for the benefit of out of town members, who after all are HIBS' supporters too? Its not down to one person to force their views on others this is a Social Club not a multi billion dollar business. There is no power being the chairman of the HSA as the elected persons are put there by the members and they have a duty of care to the members too. That includes looking at out of date rules and updating them if need be to the benefit of members.

Hibs are fighting for promotion this season and in a semi final of the Scottish Cup, use your energy getting behind them instead of giving things like this your time!

At a time when we, the Hibs supporters should be galvanising behind the football club we are fighting amongst each other like children!

Where is the like button when I need it? 10/10

Boris
30-03-2015, 09:57 PM

I'll buy you a fresh orange Mrs C. Nae alcohol though - no wanting you going headlong again & "bruising yir bosoms"!!!!!:greengrin:greengrin

silverhibee
30-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Where do day trippers fit in to all of this.

Just Alf
30-03-2015, 11:19 PM
Been reading this thread with interest......

If I've understood it right (this is currently my "weekend" so I've had a few beers :-/ ) ..... The Out of Town membership problem would be pretty much resolved if it was renamed "match Day Membership" ?

Nakedmanoncrack
31-03-2015, 04:35 AM
To be honest I don't see any reason for a two level membership, everyone should pay the same and have same rights.

macca70
31-03-2015, 05:13 AM
To be honest I don't see any reason for a two level membership, everyone should pay the same and have same rights.

Agreed, the majority of 'in towers' probably only use the club on Match days, same as OOT members.

Maybe the OOT membership should be changed to overseas or outside Scotland

FranckSuzy
31-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Been reading this thread with interest......

If I've understood it right (this is currently my "weekend" so I've had a few beers :-/ ) ..... The Out of Town membership problem would be pretty much resolved if it was renamed "match Day Membership" ?

Agreed, the majority of 'in towers' probably only use the club on Match days, same as OOT members.

The main issues St. Pat's have are:

1) It is assumed that OOT members don't have the same opportunity to use the facilities in the Hibs Club as those who live in the town (ITT) hence the membership being cheaper
2) Nowhere in the rules does it say OOT members don't have the same voting rights as ITT members
3) Some of the rules appear to have been passed down in a "that's the way it's always been done" way so need clarification, to avoid a repeat of the situation that arose at last year's AGM (an OOT member was initially refused entry to the hall).
4) Branch Secretaries are not aware/passing on the difference in membership 'classes', so this leads to confusion.
5) It's the 21st century and some of the rules appear to be remnants from the 1950's :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
31-03-2015, 08:08 AM

Seems to me the OOT rule is a bit anachronistic. In this day and age, I'd have thought they would need their custom to operate successfully.

The world has changed, but a lot of social clubs are still living in the 70s. Their membership is falling and they just don't get why.

O'Rourke3
31-03-2015, 08:35 AM
For the uninitiated like me I take it that St Pat's is a relatively new Branch then? Or at the very least one which has been revitalised...
I see nothing in the proposals that should strike fear into the heart of the existing rule book - to me looks fair and proportionate. I also get the point Invisible Man made about what can and cannot be ceded to a full time Steward - but would expect the AGM to agree to let the new committee work out what can and cannot be done - if that motion actually gets passed.

As a server of many committees I can see the same behaviours I used to see. The current incumbents have a duty of care for their organisation - they also have a duty of care to remember their time is temporary and they will not always be there. New people, new ideas aren't always bad.

For the record, what team does the HSA/Club sponsor?

Bostonhibby
31-03-2015, 08:49 AM

Agreed, or maybe we could call everyone fans of Hibernian football club with an association that reflects that. If we can then find a way to somehow control the outbursts and threats that we too frequently hear about it will be a better place to be.

Bostonhibby
31-03-2015, 08:50 AM
For the uninitiated like me I take it that St Pat's is a relatively new Branch then? Or at the very least one which has been revitalised...
I see nothing in the proposals that should strike fear into the heart of the existing rule book - to me looks fair and proportionate. I also get the point Invisible Man made about what can and cannot be ceded to a full time Steward - but would expect the AGM to agree to let the new committee work out what can and cannot be done - if that motion actually gets passed.

As a server of many committees I can see the same behaviours I used to see. The current incumbents have a duty of care for their organisation - they also have a duty of care to remember their time is temporary and they will not always be there. New people, new ideas aren't always bad.

[emoji106] Nail. Hammer, head.

legends of 73
31-03-2015, 08:55 AM

10/10

Boris
31-03-2015, 10:28 AM

I believe it's Lochend - the Chairman's son's team I'm told. "Invisibleman" can maybe confirm as the HSA's treasurer? Can maybe also confirm whether part of the deal was free full memberships for the Club?

jacomo
31-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Thanks to Stanton's Angel, Boris and others for bringing sanity to what has been a somewhat baffling thread - especially for those of us who aren't members of the association or any branch.

Talk of barring members from entry, not inviting certain groups to meetings and the like is just ridiculous.

I don't know Mike Reilly but it's fair to say he's not done much for his reputation so far in 2015.

invisible man
31-03-2015, 10:38 AM
I believe it's Lochend - the Chairman's son's team I'm told. "Invisibleman" can maybe confirm as the HSA's treasurer? Can maybe also confirm whether part of the deal was free full memberships for the Club?

Ye, it's Lochend boys club who the Chairman's son used to play for.

As far as I'm aware no free memberships were handed out.

DaveF
31-03-2015, 11:25 AM

Insinuations of free memberships and local team sponsorship controversy. Can't wait for the next revelations....

Bad Martini
31-03-2015, 11:28 AM

Ahh, the good auld days. I miss wee Maud and her ways and of course, rattling the tin for the pensioners...who could say naw to Auld Maud. The fact she never took naw for an answer helped her cause too. :thumbsup:

Sadly missed :agree:

macca70
31-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Ahh, the good auld days. I miss wee Maud and her ways and of course, rattling the tin for the pensioners...who could say naw to Auld Maud. The fact she never took naw for an answer helped her cause too. :thumbsup:

Remember when I would go to the club as a kid with my dad, she would chase us from kicking a scarf about the dance floor and if you went up into the stage, you were in big trouble.

ben johnson
31-03-2015, 12:40 PM

After being a member of Bathgate Hibs for many a year and touring Uphall , Bathgate , Whitburn and a couple of smaller villages in West Lothian picking up on match day on a bus from Harthill i think we should have been given free membership and carried shoulder high into the Hibs Club.

O'Rourke3
31-03-2015, 01:35 PM

Cheers - was wondering if it was Tynecastle Boys club or something like that :greengrin. Can't see any problem with Lochend given it's proximity to the club.

Yuillsy
31-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Bit of a thread hijack and a random question, but what are the rules regarding kids in the club?
The reason I ask is this, a few weeks ago I was in with a few mates after the Dumbarton game. My mates had kids with them 6 altogether. That night there was a function in the main hall so everyone was asked to leave so the hall could be prepared. We went into the games room with the kids to finish our drinks and straight away a couple of folk gave us the evil eye.
My friends son then asked if he could play pool and at this point a guy standing having a pint stormed over and in no uncertain terms told us the pool table was for over 18's only
My mate agreed and no pool was played, the kids had a bit of fun drawing on the blackboard beside the dartboards which were obviously not in use.
As soon as the drinks were finished my mates all left and I stayed behind and chatted with a few folk.
My friends take their kids in every week and half an hour in the games room was a total 1 off but that was the only time I've ever felt uncomfortable in the club.

BroxburnHibee
31-03-2015, 03:56 PM
I just can't get the 'Phoenix Club' oot ma head :greengrin

invisible man
31-03-2015, 04:03 PM
Bit of a thread hijack and a random question, but what are the rules regarding kids in the club?
The reason I ask is this, a few weeks ago I was in with a few mates after the Dumbarton game. My mates had kids with them 6 altogether. That night there was a function in the main hall so everyone was asked to leave so the hall could be prepared. We went into the games room with the kids to finish our drinks and straight away a couple of folk gave us the evil eye.
My friends son then asked if he could play pool and at this point a guy standing having a pint stormed over and in no uncertain terms told us the pool table was for over 18's only
My mate agreed and no pool was played, the kids had a bit of fun drawing on the blackboard beside the dartboards which were obviously not in use.
As soon as the drinks were finished my mates all left and I stayed behind and chatted with a few folk.
My friends take their kids in every week and half an hour in the games room was a total 1 off but that was the only time I've ever felt uncomfortable in the club.

Are you sure the guy who stormed over wasn't drinking Irn Bru?

Seriously though, we tend to ask that kids stick to the two main halls in the club before the game and the famous five suite after the game. If there's a function on and you're asked to leave the hall early it's better to go into the main bar.

The pool table is used for match competitions so we prefer that young kids don't use it.

Yuillsy
31-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Are you sure the guy who stormed over wasn't drinking Irn Bru?

Seriously though, we tend to ask that kids stick to the two main halls in the club before the game and the famous five suite after the game. If there's a function on and you're asked to leave the hall early it's better to go into the main bar.

The pool table is used for match competitions so we prefer that young kids don't use it.

Not sure what he was drinking, looked like a pint to me.
Thanks for the info, like I said it was a 1 off and won't happen again.

Yuillsy
31-03-2015, 04:13 PM

I've never seen a baldy bouncer at the Hibs club!
😆

H18S NX
31-03-2015, 04:19 PM

At a time when we, the Hibs supporters should be galvanising behind the football club we are fighting amongst each other like children!..Well said Janette :aok:

Jamie
31-03-2015, 04:51 PM
It is in the public domain that 'invisible man' to his credit has opposed the expulsion of St. Patrick's Branch at two meetings. I just wonder if all this talk about rule change is not really getting to the root of why expulsion has been raised by Mike Riley and the Trustees. This has at no stage been explained or made clear. Maybe 'invisible man' could inform us what their reasons were and why he opposed them. Maybe some of the handful of Branch reps. who attended their meeting with the Trustees and agreed with expulsion could do the same. Just asking likes.

Stantons Angel
31-03-2015, 04:51 PM
I'll buy you a fresh orange Mrs C. Nae alcohol though - no wanting you going headlong again & "bruising yir
bosoms"!!!!!:greengrin:greengrin

Your too cheeky Mr G!

I was stone cold sober when i fell on Saturday and unfortunately my bosoms are covered in interesting colours of bruising!!!

Stantons Angel
31-03-2015, 04:59 PM

She was an extraordinary lady that is so true. A real legend in her own time and thoughts of her will be held forever more in my memory!

Characters like that are few and far between and many are really fortunate to have been lucky enough to call her a friend.

Not everyones favorite but still a Hibs stalwart to this day.

Really miss you maude. Hope she is looking over us on Cup Semi Final Day!!

TowerHibs
31-03-2015, 05:14 PM
Your too cheeky Mr G!

I was stone cold sober when i fell on Saturday and unfortunately my bosoms are covered in interesting colours of bruising!!!

I wish my missus had bruises on her bosoms from falling outside the hibs club.

They turned out to be hickies from my mate......

Stantons Angel
31-03-2015, 05:20 PM
I wish my missus had bruises on her bosoms from falling outside the hibs club.

They turned out to be hickies from my mate......

That was a sore one too then?

I didnt fall at the Hibs club, (though i have manys a time over the years) i was on my way to catch my bus to Kirkcaldy for the game.

Hibby D
31-03-2015, 05:54 PM

:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

Phil D. Rolls
31-03-2015, 06:22 PM

Oh come on, the Phoenix club had a lounge with the name of a well known local sports hero and an egotistical owner.

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2015, 06:40 PM
It is in the public domain that 'invisible man' to his credit has opposed the expulsion of St. Patrick's Branch at two meetings. I just wonder if all this talk about rule change is not really getting to the root of why expulsion has been raised by Mike Riley and the Trustees. This has at no stage been explained or made clear. Maybe 'invisible man' could inform us what their reasons were and why he opposed them. Maybe some of the handful of Branch reps. who attended their meeting with the Trustees and agreed with expulsion could do the same. Just asking likes.

ooooh the plot thickens...duh duh duh

skulduggery :offski:

:)

Baldy Foghorn
31-03-2015, 07:03 PM

The games room is for over 18's maybe even 21's. Kids shouldn't really be in there, and certainly not playing on pool table......

Bostonhibby
31-03-2015, 07:40 PM

As far as I'm aware no free memberships were handed out.

Cheers - was wondering if it was Tynecastle Boys club or something like that :greengrin. Can't see any problem with Lochend given it's proximity to the club.

Agree re the choice/proximity - my family were lochenders.

My question is what rules do you follow when deciding how to distribute the clubs money to any worthy causes and what due diligence process does it go through?

Baldy Foghorn
31-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Agree re the choice/proximity - my family were lochenders.

My question is what rules do you follow when deciding how to distribute the clubs money to any worthy causes and what due diligence process does it go through?

Money distributed should be to Hibs IMO

Bostonhibby
31-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Money distributed should be to Hibs IMO

I tend to agree as its a Hibernian Supporters association - I can also see the community thing as well - but even if all of it goes to Hibs I just wondered what the criteria for donations out was and what the decision making process was, due diligence, record keeping etc.

Jonnyboy
31-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Maybe the HSA should take a lead from Hibernian FC. No matter where you live, your season ticket costs the same :wink:

Beefster
31-03-2015, 07:54 PM

If anyone from the Hibs Club can tell me where to get a "get back you *******, I'll break your legs" car alarm, I'll be eternally grateful.

BoomtownHibees
31-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Am I reading right that the only rule in the current rule book, which in effect stops an out of town member from attending the AGM, is that they are not allowed in on non match days?

What would happen if the AGM fell on a match day?

Baldy Foghorn
31-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Am I reading right that the only rule in the current rule book, which in effect stops an out of town member from attending the AGM, is that they are not allowed in on non match days?

AGM would be moved.......

Mr White
31-03-2015, 07:57 PM
If anyone from the Hibs Club can tell me where to get a "get back you *******, I'll break your legs" car alarm, I'll be eternally grateful.

They could fit one to the pool table to keep the kids away :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
31-03-2015, 08:00 PM
AGM would be moved.......

Does it not need to be on the first Sunday in April? Has it ever happened?

Bostonhibby
31-03-2015, 08:00 PM
The main issues St. Pat's have are:

1) It is assumed that OOT members don't have the same opportunity to use the facilities in the Hibs Club as those who live in the town (ITT) hence the membership being cheaper
2) Nowhere in the rules does it say OOT members don't have the same voting rights as ITT members
3) Some of the rules appear to have been passed down in a "that's the way it's always been done" way so need clarification, to avoid a repeat of the situation that arose at last year's AGM (an OOT member was initially refused entry to the hall).
4) Branch Secretaries are not aware/passing on the difference in membership 'classes', so this leads to confusion.
5) It's the 21st century and some of the rules appear to be remnants from the 1950's :wink:

Above post, 166 - 1 to 4.

Baldy Foghorn
31-03-2015, 08:01 PM

It's in rule book as first Sunday in April, but has been moved in the past due to clash with football game.

BoomtownHibees
31-03-2015, 08:02 PM
Above post, 166 - 1 to 4.

Doesn't really answer my question but not to worry, it's been answered elsewhere

macca70
31-03-2015, 08:06 PM

Think it has fallen on a match day before when the game was moved to Sunday for the telly.

Might even have been a derby.

Bostonhibby
31-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Doesn't really answer my question but not to worry, it's been answered elsewhere

:aok: Just seen the response re the date - bit I latched onto was that there might be no actual entry in the rule book to stop oot members attending AGM's.

BroxburnHibee
31-03-2015, 08:11 PM
The games room is for over 18's maybe even 21's. Kids shouldn't really be in there, and certainly not playing on pool table......

Hogging bassa :tee hee:

Baldy Foghorn
31-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Hogging bassa :tee hee:

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2015, 08:15 PM

Mike Riley should be made to go to the AGM with his face painted as a tiger.

Hermit Crab
31-03-2015, 08:17 PM

Correct, peace and quiet in there. At least it should be.

Baldy Foghorn
31-03-2015, 08:18 PM

or Sid the snake?

Purple & Green
31-03-2015, 08:51 PM
The Hibs club and the Hibs supporters association are two separate entities?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Canongatehibs
31-03-2015, 09:27 PM
or Sid the snake?

More like Bungle !

FranckSuzy
31-03-2015, 11:16 PM

"Shabba!" :faf:

Jamie
01-04-2015, 12:33 AM
Sent to Mike Riley and the HSA Trustees. Reproduced by kind permission.

Hi,

I am hearing that there appears to be some sort of problem between Mike Reilly and the St Pats Supporters Branch. I would have thought that at a time when our team is on the up, the feel good factor is coming back and in general everything Hibernian is looking much better and more organised than a year ago that this would be a time we are all sticking together and not finding petty reasons to fall out with one another. St Pats are a well organised and energetic bunch and I wouldn't like to see any divisive action taken against them. Hopefully the matter can be resolved in a gentlemanly way.

Regards M Groat (Secretary Shetland Hibs Supporters, personal capacity)

I am writing to you as a supporter of our great football club for over 40 years and a proud member of the St. Patrick's Branch.

Before leaving to live 'Down South' 32 years ago, I followed our team traveling home and away from my home in Dunfermline. I continued to watch the Hibees when I moved to Sunderland managing a few games a season when work permitted. 5 years ago, I semi retired and with the spare time on my hands was able to attend games on a more regular basis.

I would travel up to home games, returning straight after but it was a lonely experience. I contacted several Supporters Branches with a view to joining and hopefully meeting up with fellow supporters to share a drink and banter with. The only reply I received was from Gordon McKinley, the Secretary of the St. Patrick's Branch. He invited me to join him pre match and on meeting him, I was instantly impressed with his love for Hibernian and his passion for the Branch. I was introduced to numerous other members of the Branch, who immediately made me feel welcome and a 'wee bit special' as I traveled up from Sunderland.

Since joining the Branch, I now consider these people as close friends who have gone out of their way to not only make me but also my family feel very special. Their kindness and generosity never fails to amaze me, never more so than the support I received from them, and many ordinary Hibs supporters, when I rode my bike from London to Edinburgh in aid of the 'Dan McMichael Headstone Appeal'.

I could go on for ever listing occasions when I have been overwhelmed by the friendship I have received by the members of the St. Pat's Branch and there are too many names to mention. When I arrive at the Hibs Club before a game, I feel like I have returned home and I am meeting up with my family.

Since joining the St.Patrick's Branch, I have become a season ticket holder. I have never really got involved in the 'politics' associated with unions, clubs etc and generally leave it to the people who I believe I can trust. I believe in the ethos of the St. Patrick's Branch and put my trust and faith firmly behind the Committee who have always had the members best interest at heart.

I am employed in the Public Sector, where 'customer service' is rated highly and I find Mr. Riley's outbursts, offensive and totally unacceptable from a person in his position.

Hugh C*ckburn (Sunderland)

lucky
01-04-2015, 06:03 AM
I've not seen anything posted for the HSA AGM where St Pats branch is under threat of expulsion apart from allegations that Mike Reolly said so. Surely there would have to be a motion from another branch or the committee posted so that others could support it or not.

As for this not being good for team unity, come on let's get real here, I doubt very much that this is going effect many fans never mind the team. This is an interal social club debate between 1 branch and the committee. It could be argued that by submitting the motions that it was the St Pats branch that started it. I'm sure both sides in this alleged debate will have their say on Sunday and we can move on to something else.

marinello59
01-04-2015, 06:22 AM
I've not seen anything posted for the HSA AGM where St Pats branch is under threat of expulsion apart from allegations that Mike Reolly said so. Surely there would have to be a motion from another branch or the committee posted so that others could support it or not.

As for this not being good for team unity, come on let's get real here,I doubt very much that this is going effect many fans never mind the team. This is an interal social club debate between 1 branch and the committee. It could be argued that by submitting the motions that it was the St Pats branch that started it. I'm sure both sides in this alleged debate will have their say on Sunday and we can move on to something else.

Apart from an ever increasing waist line due to increased popcorn consumption that is. A collective WTF? may be applicable to most of us though.
The real question to be answered though is the baddie here Mike Reilly, Mike Riley or Mike Reolly.:greengrin

TrinityHibs
01-04-2015, 06:28 AM
Is this the same Mike Reilly that was in Bad Boys?

Edit Just realised that it was Mike Rowley in the film but to be fair to me it was an easy mistake to make:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2015, 06:55 AM
Apart from an ever increasing waist line due to increased popcorn consumption that is. A collective WTF? may be applicable to most of us though.
The real question to be answered though is the baddie here Mike Reilly, Mike Riley or Mike Reolly.:greengrin

hibbymick
01-04-2015, 07:47 AM

Mike Reilly,,,,,:faf::faf::faf:

FranckSuzy
01-04-2015, 09:08 AM

As for this not being good for team unity, come on let's get real here, I doubt very much that this is going effect many fans never mind the team. This is an interal social club debate between 1 branch and the committee. It could be argued that by submitting the motions that it was the St Pats branch that started it. I'm sure both sides in this alleged debate will have their say on Sunday and we can move on to something else.

I think that is part of the problem. There is/was no official correspondence - just a verbal threat made of expulsion to the Chairman and Secretary of the St. Pat's branch. There was also an incident at last year's POTY awards were a similar threat was made to another branch member. This was denied, despite it being made in front of one of the Trustees. Do you think it would be better just to wait until the AGM to see if they carried out their threat?

There was a meeting called, on the same night as the St. Pat's branch meeting, by the HSA where 6 branches were asked whether they would back the Trustees of the HSA expelling the branch. This, despite there being no written rules/laws which would actually govern/sanction this motion and no actual concrete reasons given as to why.

It may not "effect many fans" but 1) you and many others have been commenting on the issue so it has certainly sparked a debate! And 2) it has, IMHO, been in the main a very respectful thread, with no mud slinging or personal comments, which is rare on here....:wink:

I am not sure your ascertion that "it could be argued that by submitting the motions that it was the St Pats branch that started it" is helpful, TBF. If trying to bring the rule book up-to-date, prevent bullying tactics, trying to ensure democracy is upheld, arguing for equality, etc, etc can then bring a threat of expulsion, then I think it is only right that the wider support hear of these tactics, by those who are elected to the position.

I also understand that there is no tangible proof of these 'allegations' therefore some may be sceptical of the branch's claims. However, this is basic 'standing up to the bad guys' stuff and that fact that an HSA council member has come on here to explain/refute the allegations can only be a good thing. Getting it out in the 'public' domain has been very positive, as support has come in from other branches and individuals with other stories........ GGTTH.

Geo_1875
01-04-2015, 09:13 AM

This could affect any fan who is a member of the HSA/Club. If an entire branch can be expelled for having the damned impudence to submit a motion at the AGM imagine the punishment waiting if you had the temerity to forget to sign a visitor in or put your pint down without using a beer mat.

Baldy Foghorn
01-04-2015, 09:39 AM
More like Bungle !

Gerry Berry........

lucky
01-04-2015, 10:49 AM
I think that is part of the problem. There is/was no official correspondence - just a verbal threat made of expulsion to the Chairman and Secretary of the St. Pat's branch. There was also an incident at last year's POTY awards were a similar threat was made to another branch member. This was denied, despite it being made in front of one of the Trustees. Do you think it would be better just to wait until the AGM to see if they carried out their threat?

There was a meeting called, on the same night as the St. Pat's branch meeting, by the HSA where 6 branches were asked whether they would back the Trustees of the HSA expelling the branch. This, despite there being no written rules/laws which would actually govern/sanction this motion and no actual concrete reasons given as to why.

It may not "effect many fans" but 1) you and many others have been commenting on the issue so it has certainly sparked a debate! And 2) it has, IMHO, been in the main a very respectful thread, with no mud slinging or personal comments, which is rare on here....:wink:

I am not sure your ascertion that "it could be argued that by submitting the motions that it was the St Pats branch that started it" is helpful, TBF. If trying to bring the rule book up-to-date, prevent bullying tactics, trying to ensure democracy is upheld, arguing for equality, etc, etc can then bring a threat of expulsion, then I think it is only right that the wider support hear of these tactics, by those who are elected to the position.

I also understand that there is no tangible proof of these 'allegations' therefore some may be sceptical of the branch's claims. However, this is basic 'standing up to the bad guys' stuff and that fact that an HSA council member has come on here to explain/refute the allegations can only be a good thing. Getting it out in the 'public' domain has been very positive, as support has come in from other branches and individuals with other stories........ GGTTH.

The rules don't allow a branch to kicked out the AGM but also the motions submitted by St Pats branch are not competent. They may be trying to achieve change but surely if you want change then you must rewrite the rule with wording you want or submit what words you want deleted. You can't just make a statement and expect the rules to change.

The debate on here and on bounce will have no impact of the football club at all and it's nonsense for anyone to say so.

I actually agree with some of the change but clearly others don't and at moment it's pretty onside on here

H18S NX
01-04-2015, 11:05 AM

As far as I'm aware no free memberships were handed out. Yes Colin,as far as you were aware:wink:

H18S NX
01-04-2015, 11:08 AM
or Sid the snake?...or Roland Rat

Beefster
01-04-2015, 11:19 AM
A club with political manoeuvring, backstabbing, points of order, egotistical high heid yins, arguments about who is allowed in, who's allowed to use the pool table, rules wording and rules changes. Who'd have thunk it?

Geo_1875
01-04-2015, 11:35 AM
The rules don't allow a branch to kicked out the AGM but also the motions submitted by St Pats branch are not competent. They may be trying to achieve change but surely if you want change then you must rewrite the rule with wording you want or submit what words you want deleted. You can't just make a statement and expect the rules to change.

The debate on here and on bounce will have no impact of the football club at all and it's nonsense for anyone to say so.

I actually agree with some of the change but clearly others don't and at moment it's pretty onside on here

I'm sure you can submit a motion asking the Committee to rewrite a rule, as required, to reflect the changes you want. It would then be put forward at the next AGM or a EGM if urgent.

Andy74
01-04-2015, 11:41 AM
A club with political manoeuvring, backstabbing, points of order, egotistical high heid yins, arguments about who is allowed in, who's allowed to use the pool table, rules wording and rules changes. Who'd have thunk it?

All with the supposed aim of the not so complicated action of supporting a football team. It's pathetic. Can't be bothered with these types of clubs for these reasons.

southfieldhibby
01-04-2015, 11:41 AM

Interesting that this had not been replied too...

Bostonhibby
01-04-2015, 11:44 AM

In the real world I think you are right, but how do you rewrite an existing rule that isn't actually in the rule book in the first place but is referred to and changed when the mood suits? As we have seen, some of the rules appear to be just that, statements, sometimes of particular individuals apparently.

Agree re the football clubs position as well, unless they prefer to deal with an association that doesn't actively come out against their plans for the future of the club itself, as in the share issue.

lucky
01-04-2015, 12:10 PM
I'm sure you can submit a motion asking the Committee to rewrite a rule, as required, to reflect the changes you want. It would then be put forward at the next AGM or a EGM if urgent.

Where does it say that this is permitted? And what if the committee get the wording wrong? Does it role over to the following year? Or what if another branch wants to amend it again but don't know the wording?

silverhibee
01-04-2015, 12:26 PM

Think i might have a game of pool the next time I'm in, the irn bru addict will just have to stand and watch how it's done.

That's if I'm allowed in. :thumbsup:

lucky
01-04-2015, 12:33 PM
In the real world I think you are right, but how do you rewrite an existing rule that isn't actually in the rule book in the first place but is referred to and changed when the mood suits? As we have seen, some of the rules appear to be just that, statements, sometimes of particular individuals apparently.

Agree re the football clubs position as well, unless they prefer to deal with an association that doesn't actively come out against their plans for the future of the club itself, as in the share issue.

If there is no rule you write a rule you want and renumber the rest of them

Bostonhibby
01-04-2015, 12:36 PM
If there is no rule you write a rule you want and renumber the rest of them

:agree: Much better than making them up as you go.

lucky
01-04-2015, 12:42 PM
:agree: Much better than making them up as you go.

100% correct no one has the right to abuse the rules or make them up for their own cause

Geo_1875
01-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Where does it say that this is permitted? And what if the committee get the wording wrong? Does it role over to the following year? Or what if another branch wants to amend it again but don't know the wording?

It's normal procedure, unless there's a specific rule that says you must submit a fully prepared rewrite of the rules for the consideration of the membership before any changes can be adopted. Most members of most clubs would raise a concern under any other competent business during the AGM where it would be discussed and voted upon.

And why would they want to rewrite a rule they didn't know?

ancient hibee
01-04-2015, 02:03 PM
As a non member I would have thought that most debate at the AGM would have centred around the advisability of office bearers allowing their personal views to be represented as those of the Association and one time those of "Hibs fans".

EdinMike
01-04-2015, 02:19 PM
100% correct no one has the right to abuse the rules or make them up for their own cause

And hopefully after Sunday, it will never happen again...

Geo_1875
01-04-2015, 02:25 PM
As a non member I would have thought that most debate at the AGM would have centred around the advisability of office bearers allowing their personal views to be represented as those of the Association and one time those of "Hibs fans".

100%

NAE NOOKIE
01-04-2015, 04:29 PM

If certain elements within the HSA are talking about expulsion of a branch because they intend to raise motions at the AGM they don't like, they seriously have no business being anywhere near the committee of the HSA. Any proposed rule change put forward by a member or branch surely has a right to be heard ... the fact that some folk don't like the proposal should be immaterial to the right to put it to the AGM, even if it was a proposal to paint the club rooms maroon.

southern hibby
01-04-2015, 05:57 PM
If certain elements within the HSA are talking about expulsion of a branch because they intend to raise motions at the AGM they don't like, they seriously have no business being anywhere near the committee of the HSA. Any proposed rule change put forward by a member or branch surely has a right to be heard ... the fact that some folk don't like the proposal should be immaterial to the right to put it to the AGM, even if it was a proposal to paint the club rooms maroon.

100% agree with this common sense statement. Shame some grown ups act like kids in the playground.

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
02-04-2015, 06:07 PM
100% agree with this common sense statement. Shame some grown ups act like kids in the playground.

GGTTH

AGM Sunday at 12, get yourself along Colin:aok:

Hermit Crab
02-04-2015, 06:11 PM
AGM Sunday at 12, get yourself along Colin:aok:

Can anyone go?

Baldy Foghorn
02-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Can anyone go?

Full members only at the moment......:aok:

Canongatehibs
02-04-2015, 06:44 PM
MR will get steamrollered.

Hermit Crab
02-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Full members only at the moment......:aok:

Baws, I went from full to o.o.t didn't i?

Baldy Foghorn
02-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Baws, I went from full to o.o.t didn't i?

yip