PDA

View Full Version : Ireland v Poland

erin go bragh
29-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Currently 1 nil to Poland . Is a draw the best result for Scotland .

GGTTH

Golden Bear
29-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Poor, poor stuff so far.

SJNB Hibby
29-03-2015, 08:09 PM
A draw or a polish win. A polish win and a point for us in dublin would just about eliminate the Oirish

Sir David Gray
29-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Currently 1 nil to Poland . Is a draw the best result for Scotland .

GGTTH

Either a draw or an Ireland win, I would have thought.

Billy Whizz
29-03-2015, 08:21 PM

I know Scotland's remaining games, what about our other contenders?
We're pushing for at least 2nd, I agree that we don't want the Poles getting too far ahead

LaMotta
29-03-2015, 08:25 PM
A draw or a polish win. A polish win and a point for us in dublin would just about eliminate the Oirish

Stop confusing me!

SteveHFC
29-03-2015, 08:35 PM
Yas :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
Ireland equalise in injury time.

LaMotta
Goal Ireland!

Having thought about it that HAS to be the best result for Scotland.

Golden Bear
29-03-2015, 08:39 PM
1-1. Good result for Scotland if it ends this way. A typical battling performance from the Irish and most certainly not a game for the faint hearted.

Sir David Gray
29-03-2015, 08:40 PM
1-1, full time.

Excellent result for Scotland.

stoneyburn hibs
29-03-2015, 08:44 PM
1-1, full time.

Excellent result for Scotland.

Yep, great result for us. We will have to be at the top of our game to get a result from our game against Poland.

lucky
29-03-2015, 08:50 PM
I don't think this is a good result for Scotland. An Irish loss would have left them 3 points behind. It's all to play for though. Everyone has to play everyone again. Still a good chance of automatic qualification but also chance of elimination

Hibeesmad
29-03-2015, 08:56 PM
If we lose to Poland and Ireland then we are not qualifying it's that simple

CB_NO3
29-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Need to beat the poles at home and at least a point in Dublin to get through IMO. Lets hope the Germans beat Ireland and Poland.

SteveHFC
29-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Win in Dublin and 3rd place is ours.

Bishop Hibee
29-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Beat Ireland, Poland and Georgia and we're through.

portycabbage
29-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Would have been complicated if Ireland had won tonight, just from the point of view of working out how the "head to heads" would have ranked the 4 teams level on 10 points.

Individually, we would be above Poland (due to away goals in the draw them) and Ireland (1-0 win), but behind Germany (2-1 defeat). Yet Germany would be behind Poland (2-0 defeat) and Ireland (away goal in draw against them). So we'd be above Poland and Ireland and behind Germany, but Germany would be behind Poland and Ireland!

Then I realised it would basically be like a league of 4, with results against Georgia and Gibralter disregarded.

EH6 Hibby
30-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Would have been complicated if Ireland had won tonight, just from the point of view of working out how the "head to heads" would have ranked the 4 teams level on 10 points.

Individually, we would be above Poland (due to away goals in the draw them) and Ireland (1-0 win), but behind Germany (2-1 defeat). Yet Germany would be behind Poland (2-0 defeat) and Ireland (away goal in draw against them). So we'd be above Poland and Ireland and behind Germany, but Germany would be behind Poland and Ireland!

Then I realised it would basically be like a league of 4, with results against Georgia and Gibralter disregarded.

Is this why Germany are shown as being above us in the league despite us having a better goal difference? I was confused about that! :confused:

JimBHibees
30-03-2015, 01:26 PM
I don't think this is a good result for Scotland. An Irish loss would have left them 3 points behind. It's all to play for though. Everyone has to play everyone again. Still a good chance of automatic qualification but also chance of elimination

A draw is a good result as it keeps Poland in touch for second place and we are ahead of Ireland also. Still very close however I see no reason we cant go to Dublin and get a result. Just got to hope our players stay fit for the June game. Could have done with McCarthy getting sent off last night. Got to be said wasnt hugely impressed with either team alot of effort but not much football. If we can win in Ireland must have a great chance.

CallumLaidlaw
30-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Need to beat the poles at home and at least a point in Dublin to get through IMO. Lets hope the Germans beat Ireland and Poland.

I see the other way around more likely. Point against Poland, win against Ireland. Great to still be in with a huge chance. Just our luck that we have such a good group in the first year that its top 3 to get at least a play off space.

HibeeHutch
30-03-2015, 04:18 PM
I think a draw was the best result for us. If Ireland had lost then their game against us would have been more of a MUST WIN for them.

portycabbage
30-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Is this why Germany are shown as being above us in the league despite us having a better goal difference? I was confused about that! :confused:

Yes. It would be even more confusing if it was a 4-way tie, as it would have been had Ireland won 2-1 last night, as we would have gone 2nd above Germany as well as Ireland (on goals scored in games among those sides).

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/qualifiers/season=2016/standings/index.html

see the link on the right hand side - "competition regulations", article 13, if you want confused further.:greengrin

Stewboy
31-03-2015, 07:34 AM
If we lose to Poland and Ireland then we are not qualifying it's that simple

If we lose to Poland and Ireland we don't deserve to qualify!

Kavinho
31-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Best third placed team gets an automatic place.

Half way way through the games, and our group heads the race for the 3rd auto place..

JimBHibees
31-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Best third placed team gets an automatic place.

Half way way through the games, and our group heads the race for the 3rd auto place..

However given our group I would be surprised if that stays that way though we live in hope.