PDA

View Full Version : Winning the cup and staying down would be best to boost attendances..

4 Front Teeth
29-03-2015, 05:24 PM
..... fans would be delighted with the cup and we would win every game in the league next year. We would storm the SPL the following season.

I'm talking adding thousands to the gates.

Hermit Crab
29-03-2015, 05:31 PM
..... fans would be delighted with the cup and we would win every game in the league next year. We would storm the SPL the following season.

You're in dreamland mate. Adding thousands to the gates.... We are in a cup semi at the moment. Lost a handful,of games all season and struggle to get 10,000. We would not win every game in the league next season or take the spl by storm.

green day
29-03-2015, 05:33 PM

How many are you looking to hook?

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 05:35 PM

😂😂😂

Pretty Boy
29-03-2015, 05:38 PM
We might win the cup and get promoted this season.

We might win the cup and stay down.

We might get defeated in either the semi or the final and get promoted.

There may be a worst case scenario of we fail in both.

We might win the league next season.

We might not. We could well still have Rangers to compete with and 1 Premiership team. We could have Rangers and 2 Premiership teams or we could have 2 Premiership teams and no Rangers.

It's all ifs, buts and maybes at the moment. There's no way of knowing where will be in 2 weeks never mind 2 seasons.

Lee Marvin
29-03-2015, 06:03 PM

Yeah, that would be much better for attendences than winning SC and getting promoted.....

Scouse Hibee
29-03-2015, 06:05 PM

Well you've cast your line.

lord bunberry
29-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Another season in this division would be murder. I've never been so bored in my life at the football.

FranckSuzy
29-03-2015, 06:14 PM

:faf: Brilliant, I needed a good laugh.

emerald green
29-03-2015, 06:16 PM

:yawn:

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-03-2015, 06:55 PM
The OP reeks of Yam.

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Another season in this division would be murder. I've never been so bored in my life at the football.

This...

The standard of football down here is awful. I used to want a bigger league in the top flight but after seeing the utter dross down here I'm not so sure. As you said it's boring and not that enjoyable at all.

Ronniekirk
29-03-2015, 07:02 PM
This...

The standard of football down here is awful. I used to want a bigger league in the top flight but after seeing the utter dross down here I'm not so sure. As you said it's boring and not that enjoyable at all.

I can assure you it's better than getting dragged along by my brother in law to watch St Mirren:wink:

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 07:06 PM
I can assure you it's better than getting dragged along by my brother in law to watch St Mirren:wink:

[emoji1] Yeah that does sound bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baader
29-03-2015, 07:11 PM
No positives to be gained from another season in the championship. Going up needs to be priority...

Just Alf
29-03-2015, 07:17 PM
:spammy:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-03-2015, 07:44 PM

😂

Pedantic_Hibee
29-03-2015, 07:46 PM
OP is out his mind.

Hermit Crab
29-03-2015, 08:06 PM
OP is out his mind.

Thread should be locked or deleted.

Sir David Gray
29-03-2015, 08:08 PM
I don't want another season in the Championship.

The longer we stay down there, the harder it will be to keep our good players and attract other good players to come to the club and therefore the weaker we will become and it will be more difficult to get back up.

We really have to get promoted this year.

CraigHibee
29-03-2015, 08:27 PM

i take it the nurse forgot to visit you today to give you your tablets? my yam detection unit is buzzing off the scale just now

Jonnyboy
29-03-2015, 09:05 PM

Utter 'fishing' nonsense

Waxy
29-03-2015, 09:20 PM
I'd rather both win the cup AND go up? We're overdue something big so why not? We will be favs to beat Falkirk and it'd be anybodys in a final against ICT.
Whats the agg score us v sevco so far? 9-3 us? Must be favs for that.So it leaves a playoff final v who? FC Scared thats who.Cmon the Hibees.

Hank Schrader
29-03-2015, 10:20 PM
The OP has previous on here for trolling. Best ignored.

cabbageandribs1875
29-03-2015, 10:26 PM
the OP is in bad need of dental treatment

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAjl9IATak171zxFXEGfpSenzzidlRz hFcosOA9IfQ9Kk9CSwtzgJPpRvg

4 Front Teeth
30-03-2015, 07:41 AM
One of my favourite seasons was when we won the championship. I think it would be a good way to develop players and truly get into the winning mindset and overall progress more that way. We would still do well in the cups. I don't know what the stats were last time we were down but I do remember we ended up increasing our home support by a fair bit.

southsider
30-03-2015, 02:22 PM

Did you go under Butcher ? This team is like Barca compared to that lot.

jacomo
30-03-2015, 02:34 PM
One of my favourite seasons was when we won the championship. I think it would be a good way to develop players and truly get into the winning mindset and overall progress more that way. We would still do well in the cups. I don't know what the stats were last time we were down but I do remember we ended up increasing our home support by a fair bit.

Yep, failure in our primary objective this season would really do the job.

HibbyAndy
30-03-2015, 02:56 PM
I don't want another season in the Championship.

The longer we stay down there, the harder it will be to keep our good players and attract other good players to come to the club and therefore the weaker we will become and it will be more difficult to get back up.

We really have to get promoted this year.

Hibs would have the biggest budget in the league (Bar the huns) that would still get us better players than any other team in the 1st Division.

Pete
30-03-2015, 04:22 PM
Hibs would have the biggest budget in the league (Bar the huns) that would still get us better players than any other team in the 1st Division.

You shouldn't really be saying that Andy. It's not sensational enough and too reasonable.

"We're doomed", "disaster", lose all our fans" etc...:greengrin

iwasthere1972
30-03-2015, 04:32 PM

Is that you Rod?

Keith_M
30-03-2015, 04:54 PM
The OP's favourite online store (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=4414792&sr=1&origkw=fishing)

Just Alf
30-03-2015, 05:01 PM
The OP's favourite online store (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=4414792&sr=1&origkw=fishing)

I'm on my phone.... It's a bit difficult to make it out...... Is it the name of the site or what it's selling?.........

Or both! :D

Keith_M
30-03-2015, 05:16 PM
I'm on my phone.... It's a bit difficult to make it out...... Is it the name of the site or what it's selling?.........

Or both! :D

blackpoolhibs
30-03-2015, 05:29 PM
You shouldn't really be saying that Andy. It's not sensational enough and too reasonable.

"We're doomed", "disaster", lose all our fans" etc...:greengrin

I remember thinking our budget should be getting us better players than Ross County, Killie, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Partick Thistle, even Hearts.

Yet we didn't and disaster happened and we've lost fans.

Spike Mandela
30-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Anything less than promotion this year is a failure on the targets set by the new regime.

Winning the cup would be a pleasant bonus though.:wink:

percy veer
30-03-2015, 05:46 PM

win the cup and who cares about the rest

Waxy
30-03-2015, 07:06 PM
Anything less than promotion this year is a failure on the targets set by the new regime.

Winning the cup would be a pleasant bonus though.:wink:A cup win and even petrie would get some fanlove :duck::worms::protest:

lord bunberry
30-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Did you go under Butcher ? This team is like Barca compared to that lot.
I'm not saying we're playing badly. The problem is its hard to get the fans motivated at the games and as a result the stadium is like a morgue. With no hearts and possibly no huns it's would be worse next season.

rcarter1
30-03-2015, 07:49 PM
A cup win and even petrie would get some fanlove :duck::worms::protest:

Yeh, so .. nuh. :greengrin

Im in the camp that isn't bothered that he's kicking about the club, as long he doesn't make any decisions that impact the football club.

rcarter1
30-03-2015, 07:53 PM
I'm not saying we're playing badly. The problem is its hard to get the fans motivated at the games and as a result the stadium is like a morgue. With no hearts and possibly no huns it's would be worse next season.

We would have had a great season in terms of enjoyment, and I suspect a lot more fans through the gates, if we were competing for the title at this stage of the season. Next season if we are leading the league, and scoring goals, Im sure fans will come back. Particularly if we're leading the SPL :agree:

4 Front Teeth
30-03-2015, 08:50 PM
Obviously I'd rather do well in the SPL and win the cup. But another thing is...... if Hearts and Rangers went up and we stormed the championship next season there is a good chance that we would end up with a couple of players we could sell for a fortune. And maybe a better chance of doing well in the SPL the following season because of a winning mentality and some cash to be spent wizely..... like the last time we went Up.

So overall we win way more games......there is more buzz about the place...... we get a lot of press with all the wins...... and the fans love it... = bigger crowds.

Or.... get up though the skin of our teeth now and float about bottom of league for a few years... = the same or lower crowds. Who knows we could do really well.

It's just a gut feeling that I have.

Hermit Crab
30-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Obviously I'd rather do well in the SPL and win the cup. But another thing is...... if Hearts and Rangers went up and we stormed the championship next season there is a good chance that we would end up with a couple of players we could sell for a fortune. And maybe a better chance of doing well in the SPL the following season because of a winning mentality and some cash to be spent wizely..... like the last time we went Up.

So overall we win way more games......there is more buzz about the place...... we get a lot of press with all the wins...... and the fans love it... = bigger crowds.

Or.... get up though the skin of our teeth now and float about bottom of league for a few years... = the same or lower crowds. Who knows we could do really well.

It's just a gut feeling that I have.

it's just a gut feeling that I have.

lord bunberry
31-03-2015, 10:49 AM
We would have had a great season in terms of enjoyment, and I suspect a lot more fans through the gates, if we were competing for the title at this stage of the season. Next season if we are leading the league, and scoring goals, Im sure fans will come back. Particularly if we're leading the SPL :agree:
You make a good point there as I remember I really enjoyed our last trip down in this division. I went to loads of away games that season. I've renewed for next season and I'm going to join a supporters bus and go to away games again. I'm still confident I'll be going to places like Parkhead rather than Starks Park though.

Bad Martini
31-03-2015, 11:25 AM
A gut feeling I have is, this thread is a lot of pish and a windup.

And for that reason am saying **** all to any passing yam trolls or even resident yam trolls.

Yer still tax dodging, puddle drinking mutants. And all the ****ing windups in the world makes no ****ing difference.

ENDOF :aok:

Jim44
01-04-2015, 07:48 AM
A windup it may well be and a scenario I totally disagree with but I'm pleasantly surprised to learn that nearly everyone else rejects this as well, since it's not too long ago that a thread, maybe a poll, on this board showed a huge number of supporters who would sacrifice promotion for winning the cup.

Waxy
01-04-2015, 08:00 AM
A windup it may well be and a scenario I totally disagree with but I'm pleasantly surprised to learn that nearly everyone else rejects this as well, since it's not too long ago that a thread, maybe a poll, on this board showed a huge number of supporters who would sacrifice promotion for winning the cup.Dont think they were sacrificing promotion for the cup.It was more if you had to pick one and one only, which would it be. I'd still pick the cup but i want both.

Steve20
01-04-2015, 08:04 AM
A windup it may well be and a scenario I totally disagree with but I'm pleasantly surprised to learn that nearly everyone else rejects this as well, since it's not too long ago that a thread, maybe a poll, on this board showed a huge number of supporters who would sacrifice promotion for winning the cup.

I still would.

Ideally we get both. Realistically, we will get none. But if I had to choose one, then the cup.