PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Forster

ManBearPig
29-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Is he part of long term plans I personally think he is good CB and should be getting at least a chance to show it? I think better at CB than Watson..

CB_NO3
29-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Watson has been playing football all season and is 100% match fit. Its the business end of the season and we need players who are playing week in, week out. Its too much a risk to bring Jordan in at this time of the season IMO, unless we are struggling with injuries.

Farid is an exception as we need goals and we need them fast.

J-C
29-03-2015, 02:56 PM
Watson has been playing football all season and is 100% match fit. Its the business end of the season and we need players who are playing week in, week out. Its too much a risk to bring Jordan in at this time of the season IMO, unless we are struggling with injuries.

Farid is an exception as we need goals and we need them fast.

My problem with playing Watson at CB is he's a RB initially, I'd rather have a natural big CB there.

Hermit Crab
29-03-2015, 03:06 PM
My problem with playing Watson at CB is he's a RB initially, I'd rather have a natural big CB there.

Yes. Makes sense.

Hannah_hfc
29-03-2015, 03:08 PM
I've been wondering this myself, he didn't do much wrong before his injury and he's been playing a fair bit for the development team too since he came back from injury. I'd definitely choose Forster over Watson, for CB anyway.

PeterboroHibee
29-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Watson has never really been a CB. Hes a good attacking RB, but not that great at defending. Hes fine as cover but Forster has been back for a while now, and should have been in the team with Hanlon out.

Dr Jimmy
29-03-2015, 03:20 PM

I have grave doubts about Watson at full back. He is slow and The Rangers clearly targeted that (with a lot of success) in the 2nd half last week.

J-C
29-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Watson has never really been a CB. Hes a good attacking RB, but not that great at defending. Hes fine as cover but Forster has been back for a while now, and should have been in the team with Hanlon out.

Lets hope Forster's confidence hasn't taken a bit of a beating with Watson( a RB ) being chosen over him, I feel Forster should now be pushing himself into a 1st team regular slot and unfortunately he got injured but if he doesn't feel he'll get his chance here he may want to go elsewhere to get regular football.

MWHIBBIES
29-03-2015, 03:35 PM
I think I'll trust the guy who played 400 league games at center back to decide who plays there for us.

Bronson
29-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Jordon's still injured. When he's fit I fully expect him to be back in the side, cracking prospect.

Billy Whizz
29-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Jordon's still injured. When he's fit I fully expect him to be back in the side, cracking prospect.

Injured? He's played in 2 out of the last 3 Development games

Bronson
29-03-2015, 06:09 PM

Strange, I speak to one of his friends who told me he was injured.

Billy Whizz
29-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Strange, I speak to one of his friends who told me he was injured.

Played last Tuesday night against Celtic, think he aslo played the week before against Dundee Utd

Brightside
29-03-2015, 06:19 PM

Forster was very stiff after the dev game. He'll get his chance in time.

ancient hibee
29-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Forster is much better in the air than Watson-important in this league.

keep the faith
29-03-2015, 06:48 PM
I have grave doubts about Watson at full back. He is slow and The Rangers clearly targeted that (with a lot of success) in the 2nd half last week.

To be fair, Wallace destroyed Gray in the first half too.

Hermit Crab
29-03-2015, 06:50 PM
To be fair, Wallace destroyed Gray in the first half too.

:agree: We couldn't control him and he ran the show.

oconnors_strip
29-03-2015, 07:47 PM

And he felt like the tinman after playing celtic because he hates playing on artifical turf

3pm
29-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Is he out of contract in the summer?

Billy Whizz
29-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Is he out of contract in the summer?

No, end of next season

Sir David Gray
29-03-2015, 08:21 PM

He was also on the bench yesterday.

Billy Whizz
29-03-2015, 08:22 PM
He was also on the bench yesterday.

He also came on for the last few mins at Cowdenbeath away

Boyle89
29-03-2015, 10:56 PM

This. He looked awful last week. Wallace glided past him like he wasn't there.

Smartie
29-03-2015, 11:07 PM

He was ripped apart by Wallace but that's the first time I have failed to be impressed by him. I think he has been a solid addition at CH and RB and has been fine so far.

That said, I do like Forster as a player and my main problem with Watson is that he may hold back Jordon's progress. If he can knock off a few rough edges I think there is a brilliant player in there.

eastcoasthibby
30-03-2015, 08:35 AM
Forster must be fit as playing on crappy astroturf is a bigger test to niggly injuries than grass, the problem is getting the game time and up to speed to play at the first team level. Watson seems to be AS favourite to play as part of that rotation or in event of injury. I also wonder if AS is playing him to try and attract him to signing up for next season, whilst I like Watson the report of him wanting a move down south is obviously real in his mind, but on current form I am not convinced that a bigger move south would be there on current showing, so maybe a good deal at Hibs is a potential. I always think about us being totally unaware conversations AS and LD are having with guys like Watson, Dylan, ETC.

Forster is still young and can develop as a centre half, one thing about him that i think we miss is that he can pass a ball (watson is not great that way )and in the air he is a big threat, in a game like Saturday for example, I might have been tempted to put him on upfront instead of Boyle and thrown high balls into the box to get the result we wanted ... another story.
Jordan will play in the next few weeks as like others he will have a part to play in the run in and play-offs ...but next season will be a big one for him to get himself into the right place and team regularly, again.

GreenOnions
31-03-2015, 04:24 PM
I rate Jordon Forster very highly. Despite his age his performances have been generally somewhere between solid and excellent. He made some mistakes last season but nowhere near as many as some of our other defenders at that time and he has less experience than them.

He is a good physical presence, good in the air, a threat at set pieces and potential leadership material in the future IMO if his performances keep improving to keep him in the team.

It would be a top priority of mine to see Forster and Hanlon on longer contracts. If we can get Fontaine on a contract for two or three seasons too we have an excellent base of our team in place with good height/physical presence, reasonable pace and a range of ages.

sesoim
01-04-2015, 01:29 PM
Forster must be fit as playing on crappy astroturf is a bigger test to niggly injuries than grass, the problem is getting the game time and up to speed to play at the first team level. Watson seems to be AS favourite to play as part of that rotation or in event of injury. I also wonder if AS is playing him to try and attract him to signing up for next season, whilst I like Watson the report of him wanting a move down south is obviously real in his mind, but on current form I am not convinced that a bigger move south would be there on current showing, so maybe a good deal at Hibs is a potential. I always think about us being totally unaware conversations AS and LD are having with guys like Watson, Dylan, ETC.

Forster is still young and can develop as a centre half, one thing about him that i think we miss is that he can pass a ball (watson is not great that way )and in the air he is a big threat, in a game like Saturday for example, I might have been tempted to put him on upfront instead of Boyle and thrown high balls into the box to get the result we wanted ... another story.
Jordan will play in the next few weeks as like others he will have a part to play in the run in and play-offs ...but next season will be a big one for him to get himself into the right place and team regularly, again.

:agree: I've been saying the same thing, totally agree. I'm not sure about Forster in a central defensive pairing as he can look shaky at times (a good sweeper behind him might help), but he can be good going forward and is good getting on the end of high crosses. Maybe a midfield position might suit him?

ancient hibee
01-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Forster is much much better in the air than Watson who seems to lose his jumping spring as the game goes on while Watson doesn't dive in like Forster sometimes does.

Shanksaidno
02-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Forster is much much better in the air than Watson who seems to lose his jumping spring as the game goes on while Watson doesn't dive in like Forster sometimes does.

I wul always hve Forste in y team hen we play a 352 plus is aggression when we have a corner is brilliant as he wins most balls he goes for

Brightside
02-04-2015, 09:55 AM
I wul always hve Forste in y team hen we play a 352 plus is aggression when we have a corner is brilliant as he wins most balls he goes for

?? I've tried Google Translate.

Shanksaidno
02-04-2015, 10:04 AM
oops .... sorry ... don't know what happened there !

ManBearPig
02-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Surely he gets a chance now with David gray being out

Hermit Crab
02-04-2015, 04:41 PM
?? I've tried Google Translate.

:tee hee: