PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen my scarf

InchHibby
29-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Who was the numpty that threw his scarf onto the pitch yesterday?

Phil D. Rolls
29-03-2015, 12:08 PM

I love when people make an idiot of themselves like this. Best I've seen is the guy who threw his season ticket book onto the pitch at Easter Road.

Geo_1875
29-03-2015, 12:21 PM
I love when people make an idiot of themselves like this. Best I've seen is the guy who threw his season ticket book onto the pitch at Easter Road.

Used to be easier to throw the old book than these flimsy little cards. They don't go far at all and rarely reach the pitch.

hibee92
29-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Once saw a grown man throw a Hibs jester hat on the pitch after a Hearts game.

Iain G
29-03-2015, 01:19 PM

Usually after the last home match of the season! I think it sends a huge message to the club ;-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Once saw a grown man throw a Hibs jester hat on the pitch after a Hearts game.

That's student headgear is it not?

Hermit Crab
29-03-2015, 01:31 PM
That's the fifth scarf I've launched.

The Gorf
29-03-2015, 03:00 PM
At a fiver a pop. There must have been a fair few ST's worth thrown on last season.

Alex Trager
29-03-2015, 04:03 PM
I did find it pretty funny tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones28
29-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Really? FFS

Phil D. Rolls
29-03-2015, 04:14 PM
At a fiver a pop. There must have been a fair few ST's worth thrown on last season.

Have you had a look at the number of Hibs fans who don't wear scarves these days?

Northernhibee
29-03-2015, 04:56 PM

The guy who threw his ST on at the end of the relegation playoff last season added a little bit of cheer to an otherwise horrendous day.

Hermit Crab
29-03-2015, 05:02 PM
The guy who threw his ST on at the end of the relegation playoff last season added a little bit of cheer to an otherwise horrendous day.

A lot worse could have been thrown but wasn't.

Chibs
29-03-2015, 05:10 PM
Have you had a look at the number of Hibs fans who don't wear scarves these days?
I used to wear a couple of satin Hibs scarves tied to the belt loop of my jeans back in the seventies.
Ah those were the days.:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
29-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Somebody threw one last week after the Huns scored their second, from West Stand....Hate seeing it, no need for it......

Hermit Crab
29-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Somebody threw one last week after the Huns scored their second, from West Stand....Hate seeing it, no need for it......

Its probably pure frustration mate.

Baldy Foghorn
29-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Its probably pure frustration mate.

It's stupidity...............

Sir David Gray
29-03-2015, 08:10 PM
It's stupidity...............

Attention seeking IMO.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-03-2015, 08:13 PM
I've been trying to chuck my boomerang away for years.

Glory Lurker
29-03-2015, 08:15 PM
I have never done it myself, but I don't understand why some folk take offence if someone wants to chuck away their scarf when they're hacked off. He/she's just chucking a bit of easily-replaced polyester away, it's not like they're dealing the club a mortal blow, or anything.

Swedish hibee
29-03-2015, 08:27 PM

Do folk still do this?
I thought they just tried to thump the manager (ie. Sunderland fans).
Hibernian Retro indeed.

The Gorf
30-03-2015, 07:44 AM
Have noticed this actually. A lot of the younger ones seem to wear casual gear in Green and White instead. I suppose the only good thing from that is that we don't do the scarf twirling sh--e like our dear friends. :flag:

Prof. Shaggy
30-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Back on topic.....

What colour is the lost scarf and where did you have it last?

Hibernia&Alba
30-03-2015, 01:24 PM

I felt like throwing myself from the roof of the east. That would have sent the club a message!

Roxyhibee
30-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Has anyone seen my mates scarf.?

- Heading along the old A8 to Hampden for resceduled Hibs v Celtic league cup final in Aprilish 1968 (postponed 6 months earlier due to mysterious fire destroying part of old Hampden stand..) We each had the identical dark green ones with white painted-on crests at either end. Both scarves flapping outside excitedly together of closed double decker bus window -- but one slips loose, flying into the air and gone forever..! He grabs the remaining one in and immediately claim its his. I panic and counterclaim. An argument breaks out between two nine year olds with disinterested dads trying to placate us as they reach for their third large bottle of Pale Ale from the bag of booze at their feet.

Then, I remember - my mum had ironed mine the day before for my big day out and left a small but clear burn mark on the white paint. I provide loud verbal evidence - a slighty drunk inspection committee examines scarf and discovers this to be true. I get the scarf. My wee mate greets, so we 'share' it for the rest of the journey...

My happiness is gone a few hours later though, as the Lisbon Lions destroy us 6-2 and I'm left greetin all the way back to the bus'.!!

southsider
30-03-2015, 01:29 PM
I felt like throwing myself from the roof of the east. That would have sent the club a message!

I felt like throwing up when the result come on SSN on Saturday.

Hibby70
30-03-2015, 05:44 PM
I'm going to throw my scarf on the pitch.

When we win the cup on 30th May!

Leithenhibby
30-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Has anyone seen my mates scarf.?

- Heading along the old A8 to Hampden for resceduled Hibs v Celtic league cup final in Aprilish 1968 (postponed 6 months earlier due to mysterious fire destroying part of old Hampden stand..) We each had the identical dark green ones with white painted-on crests at either end. Both scarves flapping outside excitedly together of closed double decker bus window -- but one slips loose, flying into the air and gone forever..! He grabs the remaining one in and immediately claim its his. I panic and counterclaim. An argument breaks out between two nine year olds with disinterested dads trying to placate us as they reach for their third large bottle of Pale Ale from the bag of booze at their feet.

Then, I remember - my mum had ironed mine the day before for my big day out and left a small but clear burn mark on the white paint. I provide loud verbal evidence - a slighty drunk inspection committee examines scarf and discovers this to be true. I get the scarf. My wee mate greets, so we 'share' it for the rest of the journey...

My happiness is gone a few hours later though, as the Lisbon Lions destroy us 6-2 and I'm left greetin all the way back to the bus'.!!

Brilliant :greengrin

mutley
30-03-2015, 08:03 PM
I not throwing mine away, it's one of the cashmere ones

mca
30-03-2015, 08:35 PM
I not throwing mine away, it's one of the cashmere ones

Aye.. That's what I have and Noticed you cant get them from the Hibs Shop anymore...

Is this still the case ??? If so Maybe LD could sort it out... :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
31-03-2015, 08:27 AM
I used to wear a couple of satin Hibs scarves tied to the belt loop of my jeans back in the seventies.
Ah those were the days.:greengrin

None tied to the wrists?

I have never done it myself, but I don't understand why some folk take offence if someone wants to chuck away their scarf when they're hacked off. He/she's just chucking a bit of easily-replaced polyester away, it's not like they're dealing the club a mortal blow, or anything.

Because they are saying - that's it I'm done with Hibs. You could understand it if they never came back, but as they do it's a case of acting the big I Am and saying "you just aren't good enough for me".

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2015, 09:59 AM
None tied to the wrists?

Because they are saying - that's it I'm done with Hibs. You could understand it if they never came back, but as they do it's a case of acting the big I Am and saying "you just aren't good enough for me".

Is it not just an impulsive show of frustration that is probably regretted when emotions have subsided.

Bad Martini
31-03-2015, 11:33 AM
Is it not just an impulsive show of frustration that is probably regretted when emotions have subsided.

....generally fuelled by too much alcohol and ironically giving too much of a **** about said losing team whom you may proclaim to all around that you no longer care about and are "finished with".

The truth is, following a fitba team is like your fingerprints. You're stuck with them and it makes no odds what you say or do, they're gonna be with you til the day you die (unless someone removes your finger tips but to be fair, that's not to common an occurence :greengrin:cb)

:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
31-03-2015, 12:05 PM

Can certainly vouch for this point of view. I launched my scarf when I left the ground during that final. Total frustration and I regretted it a few hours later. Certainly wasn't attention seeking or acting the big man or whatever else. One and only time I've done it or will ever do it as aI felt a bit daft afterwards as opposed to wanting people to look at me. Total and utter frustration mixed with a couple of pints of lager too many.

Keith_M
31-03-2015, 03:44 PM

I bought a brand new scarf for the semi-final against Falkirk. It was on the trackside after only 25 minutes.

Boy did I feel a right idiot at the end of the game

:greengrin