PDA

View Full Version : We will go up!

marleyhib
28-03-2015, 06:46 PM
I have faith and I believe we can. I was at the game today and we should have won.

Regain our form, get behind the team to help them is much as we can.

Sas_The_Hibby
28-03-2015, 06:50 PM
'Can' isn't the same as will, I'm afraid.

Can Scotland win Euro 2016? YES.

Will they? NO :wink:

Pete
28-03-2015, 06:50 PM
We have a decent run in and rangers have to play hearts twice.

More twists to come I think.

truehibernian
28-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Nope - I've sadly thought this for a wee while now. Still look fragile against teams that are used to this league and used to grinding out displays. We are not as good as plaudits have made out either - if we were we'd be up near Hearts - we are miles off them.

The damage Butcher and relegation had on our club is more than folk imagine - we may have to continue in this league two more seasons and really invest in youth and lower league players.

Hibs still lack that arrogant killer instinct.

Pete
28-03-2015, 06:51 PM
'Can' isn't the same as will, I'm afraid.

Can Scotland win Euro 2016? YES.

Will they? NO :wink:

I think our chances are a little bit better than Scotlands.

There is another, similarly titled thread that I think you are looking for. :cool2:

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 06:54 PM
We are in with a chance that's for sure. Need to play better though. Starting next week.

Ronniekirk
28-03-2015, 06:56 PM
I have faith and I believe we can. I was at the game today and we should have won.

Good sentiments ,but blind Faith is not something that you can rely on when it comes to Hibs .We are just as likely to drop more points at some point It's now all about the play offs unless of course we go into free fall which I wouldn't expect ,but Stubbs is a rookie manager ,Cummings is still a young striker learning his trade , and we really don't have a front pairing unless Farid can change that .
Malonga has hit a barren patch at the wrong time .

Carheenlea
28-03-2015, 06:57 PM
The reaction of the Hibs fans at final whistle told it's own story - frustration and disappointment rather than anger and abuse. We played well today, and should have converted some of the many opportunities that we carved out over the 90 minutes.
We still have a lot to look forward to this season alright.

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2015, 07:09 PM
The reaction of the Hibs fans at final whistle told it's own story - frustration and disappointment rather than anger and abuse. We played well today, and should have converted some of the many opportunities that we carved out over the 90 minutes.

Aye but the ones who were nowhere near Stark's Park, are telling us we bottled it and won't go up....Why do some even bother:rolleyes:

Golden Bear
28-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Positive thoughts are more likely to lead to success than negativity and misplaced criticism.

And that really is a FACT.

Scouse Hibee
28-03-2015, 07:13 PM

It was a massive ask at the start of the season and is still a massive ask now, so we've had a wobble most teams do, we are still well capable of being promoted. Here's hoping we do it.

davidw
28-03-2015, 07:19 PM

Given the shambles inherited by Stubbs and the resultant poor start to the season, the aim was always a play-off place and we have that. Looking at remaining fixtures, it could go down to the last day between us and Sevco. No matter how that pans out, the play-offs are going to be difficult, not least because they are weighted in favour of the SPL team. But, I repeat, given the disaster of last year, being part of this end of season lottery was all we could hope for - and we've done that. So there's no need for all the sudden greeting - we are where we were aiming to be. Let the lottery commence...

marleyhib
28-03-2015, 07:29 PM
Positive thoughts are more likely to lead to success than negativity and misplaced criticism.

And that really is a FACT.

Scientific fact

marleyhib
28-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Mind you is there any other kind :-)

Hiber-nation
28-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Aye but the ones who were nowhere near Stark's Park, are telling us we bottled it and won't go up....Why do some even bother:rolleyes:

:agree:

Spot on.

The_Exile
28-03-2015, 07:54 PM
I thought we were superb today, we were massively unlucky not to score a lot more and Raith took advantage of us pressing for a winner. That result happens to hundreds of teams in hundreds of leagues all over the world every week. However, we're still soft at the back at key moments and we need to make better decisions all over the park, that's what's costing us and I'm in no way overly worried about the playoffs yet.

Canongatehibs
28-03-2015, 07:55 PM
No we won't.

And neither will the Huns.

Billy Whizz
28-03-2015, 07:57 PM
I thought we were superb today, we were massively unlucky not to score a lot more and Raith took advantage of us pressing for a winner. That result happens to hundreds of teams in hundreds of leagues all over the world every week. However, we're still soft at the back at key moments and we need to make better decisions all over the park, that's what's costing us and I'm in no way overly worried about the playoffs yet.

Sensible post. If we'd won that by 2 or 3, we'd all be sitting here happy tonight. We didn't, but it's the best we've played in a while, so we need a win quickly to get us back on track

Sir David Gray
28-03-2015, 08:04 PM
I'm still hopeful of going up but we certainly don't make things easy for ourselves. We've only won two games now from the ten we've played so far against Queen of the South, Falkirk and Raith Rovers.

That really isn't good enough, unfortunately.

Deansy
28-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Even if we finish 2nd, if we face the Huns in the play-offs, there's no danger we'd beat them over 2 legs - that would require bottle, determination, passion etc. We merely have 'Good-professionals' who come in to work and very little else.

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Even if we finish 2nd, if we face the Huns in the play-offs, there's no danger we'd beat them over 2 legs - that would require bottle, determination, passion etc. We merely have 'Good-professionals' who come in to work and very little else.

That's the spirit...:aok:

Derek Dougan
28-03-2015, 08:21 PM

Are you hoping Stubbs prints your quote out, and pins it up in the dressing??

Golden Bear
28-03-2015, 08:28 PM
ce
You're fishing or would you really have said that even a fortnight ago?

Carheenlea
28-03-2015, 08:28 PM

This time last week we were 15 games unbeaten. Not bad for a team with no bottle, determination or passion.

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2015, 08:30 PM
This time last week we were 15 games unbeaten. Not bad for a team with no bottle, determination or passion.

Exactly:top marks

bingo70
28-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Having looked at the remaining fixtures for us compared to the rangers I'm pretty confident we'll finish 2nd.

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 08:32 PM

Correct, too many powering up the pc and laptops at 3pm instead of taking thier seats at the game. The same will complain if we get to the final and can't get a ticket. This applies to the folk that can go but don't bother.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2015, 08:47 PM
I think I might start a thread 'We Might Go Up'.

It will be more accurate than either of the other 2.

Sir David Gray
28-03-2015, 08:52 PM
I think I might start a thread 'We Might Go Up'.

It will be more accurate than either of the other 2.

I think I'll start one titled "Mibbes aye, mibbes naw".

That would be more accurate than any of the three you refer to.

:greengrin

oneone73
28-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Correct, too many powering up the pc and laptops at 3pm instead of taking thier seats at the game. The same will complain if we get to the final and can't get a ticket. This applies to the folk that can go but don't bother.

Well said

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2015, 08:53 PM

I watched the game today, and i'm yet to be convinced we will go up. We can go up, but we sure as hell wont be doing it without most of us eating all our finger nails.

History tells us we **** things up when the big games come around, have we really changed that much? Remember we are playing in the bloody championship and still not pulling up any tree's.

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2015, 09:18 PM
It's going to be close. None of the teams who will be in the play offs will be clear favourites. A strong nerve and a bit of luck at the right time will probably be decisive.

TheHarpy76
28-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Still confident. The last week has just been a blip (I hope)

weonlywon6-2
28-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Plenty more twists and turns to happen, no matter what we need to stick by the team
we mustnt forget we have come a long way but still have a good bit to go

Steve20
29-03-2015, 08:16 AM
ce
You're fishing or would you really have said that even a fortnight ago?

Anyone that looks at our results would. Our points tally against the likes of Falkirk, QOS and Raith is awful. If we can't beat those teams regularly then what chance do we have.

Chuck in that Rangers have a proper manager now, then Stubbs has got to prove he can beat more than part time teams.

07BigD
29-03-2015, 08:59 AM
We need to be more ruthless in front of goal, sadly that is the difference between us and THEM, if we'd tucked away half of the chances we have created this season we would be very close.

Springbank
30-03-2015, 04:20 PM
We will go up if we get angrier and up the tempo

For 3-4 weeks we have relied on the quality of our tactics to inevitably win..only to find that nothing is inevitable.

Now that we know we need to work for every point again we should know we can do it but we need to play with pace and passion to achieve it

Just Alf
05-04-2015, 10:40 AM
Bumping this...... More in hope than any belief though....... :rolleyes: