PDA

View Full Version : Semi Final..

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 04:50 PM
The semi final could be the most crucial game in our season. If we win it could be exactly the lift the boys need going into the play offs. Confidence would be high again!

But if we were to lose this game then I'd put my house on us losing the play offs. Prob against Falkirk again or QOS never mind The Rangers!

The worst would be The Rangers not going up if they were in the play off final. Another season down here with them doesn't fill me with confidence at all. Going up is a must and I mean a must! We will lose a fortune along with a few of our players.

Can't believe our club was run this badly and how many bad appointments we brought that's left us where we are.

LaMotta
28-03-2015, 04:53 PM
The semi final could be the most crucial game in our season. If we win it could be exactly the lift the boys need going into the play offs. Confidence would be high again!

But if we were to lose this game then I'd put my house on us losing the play offs. Prob against Falkirk again or QOS never mind The Rangers!

The worst would be The Rangers not going up if they were in the play off final. Another season down here with them doesn't fill me with confidence at all. Going up is a must and I mean a must! We will lose a fortune along with a few of our players.

Can't believe our club was run this badly and how many bad appointments we brought that's left us where we are.

nodded ma heid at all of that.

Phil D. Rolls
28-03-2015, 04:53 PM

Rangers don't have a pot to piss in, and will struggle to improve their squad should they miss out on promotion.

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Rangers don't have a pot to piss in, and will struggle to improve their squad should they miss out on promotion.

How many times though have we said this about them and Hearts and look how it's turned out. King will invest I think and they are only going to get stronger imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
28-03-2015, 05:04 PM
Ah we are back to previous appointments now.

Good night all!

Pete
28-03-2015, 05:08 PM
The world won't end if we lose the semi and it won't end if we don't go up.

Anyway, Farid says get your buses and holidays booked because we're going to the final!

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 05:09 PM

Good night all!

Andy its true though! You think we can just dismiss all the ***** and keep telling folk how rosy everything is.

I'm sick of this league and how we got here!

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 05:11 PM

Anyway, Farid says get your buses and holidays booked because we're going to the final!

Course it won't, but we will lose more fans and that means more revenue. I'm still surprised at the relaxed attitude of some who think being down here means a little slump in our history.

We could be here a while and end up the Leeds of Scotland! But hey ho life goes on I suppose!!!!!!!

HH81
28-03-2015, 05:13 PM
I keep reading about this old players will leave if we do not go up..... Well if we don't then they have failed anyway!

I will take a Scottish cup win over going up.

Ronniekirk
28-03-2015, 05:14 PM

After two back to back defeats at crucial point in season talk is cheap ,the players now need to show they can go on another extended unbeaten run for me nothing else is good enough now .

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Course it won't, but we will lose more fans and that means more revenue. I'm still surprised at the relaxed attitude of some who think being down here means a little slump in our history.

We could be here a while and end up the Leeds of Scotland! But hey ho life goes on I suppose!!!!!!!

:agree:

You are wasting your time, the same folk slept walked into last seasons relegation telling us we only needed 1 more win.

We still have a chance of promotion, but jeezo we do make it as difficult as possible for ourselves, and seem to piss off a large amount of the support by constantly letting us down in the important games.

For us to stop saying and thinking this, then the club and team needs to change it.

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 05:24 PM

You are wasting your time, the same folk slept walked into last seasons relegation telling us we only needed 1 more win.

We still have a chance of promotion, but jeezo we do make it as difficult as possible for ourselves, and seem to piss off a large amount of the support by constantly letting us down in the important games.

For us to stop saying and thinking this, then the club and team needs to change it.

Exactly! These folk calmly telling everyone who is slightly worried and every reason to be looking at past history, to calm down or stop bed wetting.

We need to change the mentality of the whole club to start seeing results and then maybe fans wouldn't get so worried!

We are in the championship not the prem. We may be here a while and that will effect us off the park as well while each year teams in the top flight move forward.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Exactly! These folk calmly telling everyone who is slightly worried and every reason to be looking at past history, to calm down or stop bed wetting.

We need to change the mentality of the whole club to start seeing results and then maybe fans wouldn't get so worried!

We are in the championship not the prem. We may be here a while and that will effect us off the park as well while each year teams in the top flight move forward.

I remember the glory days when i was accused of being a bed wetter in the SPL, surely we deserve a different type of abuse in the Championship?

Pete
28-03-2015, 05:27 PM

It was a fact that we needed one more win. Who knows where we would be if we did get it?

He is indeed wasting his time when he paints a dreadfully negative picture after two losses on the bounce.

I see the usual suspects are back with their usual attitude. It's funny you should mention the end of last season as that's when we last heard so many of their pearls of wisdom.

Pete
28-03-2015, 05:30 PM

Cat, if that's you being slightly worried then I'd hate to see you when you are really worried.

I'm sorry but you're overreacting slightly.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2015, 05:30 PM
It was a fact that we needed one more win. Who knows where we would be if we did get it?

He is indeed wasting his time when he paints a dreadfully negative picture after two losses on the bounce.

I see the usual suspects are back with their usual attitude. It's funny you should mention the end of last season as that's when we last heard so many of their pearls of wisdom.

Tbh over the last couple of years the 'bedwetters' have more often than not been correct.

All is not lost this season, far from it, but we have to get ourselves sorted out sharpish.

Pete
28-03-2015, 05:35 PM
All is not lost this season, far from it, but we have to get ourselves sorted out sharpish.

Totally agree. People are totally ignoring the progress we have made on and off the park though and painting dour, negative scenarios when logically there is no need.

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Cat, if that's you being slightly worried then I'd hate to see you when you are really worried.

I'm sorry but you're overreacting slightly.

Can you honestly blame us? We get "same people panicking" yet the ones who were worried were right to be last season as we ended up down.

It's the business end Peter maybe you are happy finishing 3rd or 4th or maybe even happy to stay down another year, but I'm not. I am sick of settling for nearly men. We need to win the play off simple as that.

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Totally agree. People are totally ignoring the progress we have made on and off the park though and painting dour, negative scenarios when logically there is no need.

I'm not, I think LD has done great but it's results that matter. We also have a good manager.

But if you keep dismissing all the wrongs then how on earth can we get it right? Football fans go to watch their team play. Not to hear about progress behind the scenes. I think crowds at ER show that I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Pete
28-03-2015, 05:39 PM
I'm not, I think LD has done great but it's results that matter. We also have a good manager.

But if you keep dismissing all the wrongs then how on earth can we get it right? Football fans go to watch their team play. Not to hear about progress behind the scenes. I think crowds at ER show that I'm not the only one who thinks this.

What "wrongs" am I dismissing that have any relevance?

ancient hibee
28-03-2015, 05:41 PM

Strange post when you think of all the fans who claim they won't go because of what goes on behind the scenes and won't go back until it improves.

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 05:41 PM
What "wrongs" am I dismissing that have any relevance?

Well you are saying the same people are moaning. We are moaning because of what happened last season and how we could blow it again. If we don't learn our lessons we will be down here a while.

Surely you can see why folk are worried?

Pete
28-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Well you are saying the same people are moaning. We are moaning because of what happened last season and how we could blow it again. If we don't learn our lessons we will be down here a while.

I think we have learned our lessons and not getting promoted won't be "blowing it" in the same way as last season. I really don't share this nightmare vision that we will be down here for a long time. We have the infrastructure and we will simply adapt.

You never know, this might be just a blip.

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 06:00 PM
I think we have learned our lessons and not getting promoted won't be "blowing it" in the same way as last season. I really don't share this nightmare vision that we will be down here for a long time. We have the infrastructure and we will simply adapt.

Really hope it's a blip.

We have the infrastructure yeah but the money we lose staying down hampers us massively. We may make it up still and that would be great but if we don't it's a disaster.

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Strange post when you think of all the fans who claim they won't go because of what goes on behind the scenes and won't go back until it improves.

I'm not one of them though??

Green Fish
28-03-2015, 06:08 PM
The SF is massive, if we win there will be a surge in season ticket sales, club will no doubt guarantee a final ticket to folk who get one. A victory will ensure a decent budget for next season. We must win

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Every game is huge from now until the end of the Season. It's a game of two halves....etc etc

B.H.F.C
28-03-2015, 06:38 PM

The nightmare isn't being down here for many years. The nightmare is simply being here for another one.

Imagine try to attract players when you don't have the derbies and trips to Ibrox. The standard of some of the games is shocking. Or some of the teams I should say.

We only attracted 10k Hibs fans for a game against Rangers on the back of a 7 game winning run. Imagine trying to get people through the door next year. Infrastructure will mean absolutely nothing.

renato
28-03-2015, 06:39 PM
I think there's probably a more important game the week before that.....in terms of psychological impact and mentality for the whole club, we absolutely need to beat Hearts or at absolute worst not lose to them.

The massive lift or downer on the back of that game will, I think, define our season.

Billy Whizz
28-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Semi final is way down my priorities at the moment, got 3 massive league games before then.

Pete
28-03-2015, 06:46 PM
The nightmare isn't being down here for many years. The nightmare is simply being here for another one.

Imagine try to attract players when you don't have the derbies and trips to Ibrox. The standard of some of the games is shocking. Or some of the teams I should say.

We only attracted 10k Hibs fans for a game against Rangers on the back of a 7 game winning run. Imagine trying to get people through the door next year. Infrastructure will mean absolutely nothing.

Sorry but I don't share your bleak outlook. It wouldn't be a disaster if we weren't to get promoted and we would simply adapt by signing players within our reduced budget.

You're also doing your fellow supporters a disservice by suggesting we would desert the club even more. We might lose a few but we are down to our hard core and most of them will appreciate the progress that has been made even if it falls slightly short.

That infrastructure that you say means nothing will be one of the reasons why we will survive and come back stronger...even if it takes us a few years.

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2015, 06:47 PM
Semi final is way down my priorities at the moment, got 3 massive league games before then.

:top marks

Sir David Gray
28-03-2015, 06:55 PM

Right now, I couldn't give a monkeys about the semi final.

I'm just starting to get concerned by the sudden swing in momentum from ourselves to Sevco.

We've had a six points and eight goals swing in favour of Sevco in the space of two games which is quite worrying.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Sorry but I don't share your bleak outlook. It wouldn't be a disaster if we weren't to get promoted and we would simply adapt by signing players within our reduced budget.

You're also doing your fellow supporters a disservice by suggesting we would desert the club even more. We might lose a few but we are down to our hard core and most of them will appreciate the progress that has been made even if it falls slightly short.

That infrastructure that you say means nothing will be one of the reasons why we will survive and come back stronger...even if it takes us a few years.

Deary me. :faf:

Pete
28-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Deary me. :faf:

It might. You'd better prepare yourself.

emerald green
28-03-2015, 07:20 PM

:ostrich:

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 07:20 PM
It might. You'd better prepare yourself.

If that doesn't bother you then nothing will. If we are down for "a few years" it will kill us.

Cameron1875
28-03-2015, 07:21 PM

:confused:
So we buy crap players which leaves us watching a crap team and the faint hope of this crap team winning promotion.

Only for that crap team to struggle in the spl and get relegated. Sign me up

B.H.F.C
28-03-2015, 07:25 PM

It won't be a disaster in the sense of us going bust. But it would be horrible going to places like Alloa and Cowdenbeath for another season or more. We've struggled this year with the budget we have but never mind, we can adapt and sign players on a lesser budget. That'll be fun.

Pete
28-03-2015, 07:31 PM
If that doesn't bother you then nothing will. If we are down for "a few years" it will kill us.

It won't be "fun" as others have stated (which I thank them for instead of using stupid wee smileys) but it won't kill us Cat.

What do people want? Everyone to be outraged because the business aren't meeting their service level agreements?

I'm a hibs supporter and I'm taking the default position which is supporting the team, hoping for the best and having a bit of blind faith. Excuse me.

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2015, 07:32 PM
It won't be "fun" as others have stated (which I thank them for instead of using stupid wee smileys) but it won't kill us Cat.

What do people want? Everyone to be outraged because the business aren't meeting their service level agreements?

I'm a hibs supporter and I'm taking the default position which is supporting the team, hoping for the best and having a bit of blind faith. Excuse me.

:agree::agree::flag::flag:

BoomtownHibees
28-03-2015, 07:32 PM

There's being optimistic and then there's being daft. I know which one you are closest to

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 07:37 PM

No not rage, but many are getting on our backs for worrying a little. I think we have every right to be slightly concerned that we may be down a while. Believe me more than another year down will hit us hugely and it could have a major effect on the future of the club!

I'll still be there supporting the boys but I'm fed up of failure and this relaxed attitude the board had for years that seems to have been taken in by some fans.

It's not ever yet I'm just stating my concerns that we have to go up. Maybe you don't think so and that's cool with me. Let's see where we are couple years down the line if we're still in this ****ty league.

Pete
28-03-2015, 07:38 PM
There's being optimistic and then there's being daft. I know which one you are closest to

I'll put your comment in with the smiley brigade. If you can't debate properly then do one.

Mikey
28-03-2015, 07:39 PM
I'll still be there supporting the boys but I'm fed up of failure and this relaxed attitude the board had for years that seems to have been taken in by some fans.

So what can we do? The fans that is.

BoomtownHibees
28-03-2015, 07:40 PM
I'll put your comment in with the smiley brigade. If you can't debate properly then do one.

How'd you know I didn't mean optimistic?

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2015, 07:46 PM
No not rage, but many are getting on our backs for worrying a little. I think we have every right to be slightly concerned that we may be down a while. Believe me more than another year down will hit us hugely and it could have a major effect on the future of the club!

It's not ever yet I'm just stating my concerns that we have to go up. Maybe you don't think so and that's cool with me. Let's see where we are couple years down the line if we're still in this ****ty league.

Do you think the Board has a relaxed attitude now?

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 07:47 PM

It's a good question Mikey, but folk coming on telling us that we are over reacting by saying staying down is no big deal is part of the mentality of why we ended up here. Our board became complacent is hope we as fans don't settle for second best! If we don't go up then put pressure on the board to show we aren't happy at all.

I've not got the answers and we all want the best for the club but I'm not for one second accepting years in this league.

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Do you think the Board has a relaxed attitude now?

No, defo not Leeann anyway! I think she's been a breath of fresh air. Mr Petrie though is still there which disappoints me and I honestly don't have a clue how he thinks these days.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2015, 07:49 PM

I know what we cant do on here, and thats voice any kind of concern without being labelled a bedwetter.

Mikey
28-03-2015, 07:51 PM
If we don't go up then put pressure on the board to show we aren't happy at all.

But what do we, the fans, do to help us go up and avoid having to do that?

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 07:54 PM

I'd like to think we will turn out in our thousands at the semi and then again for the remaining games at ER. If we blow these games I hope they show the board exactly how they feel.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2015, 07:55 PM

Turn up in our thousands, because thats worked in the past Mikey.

Hiber-nation
28-03-2015, 07:57 PM

Stop whinging, stop using the Petrie excuse, get along to the games and support the team.

We are a completely different club to that of a year ago, on and off the pitch. It would be nice to think that some of the stayaways might appreciate that instead of looking for any old excuse to have a go.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2015, 07:59 PM
Stop whinging, stop using the Petrie excuse, get along to the games and support the team.

We are a completely different club to that of a year ago, on and off the pitch. It would be nice to think that some of the stayaways might appreciate that instead of looking for any old excuse to have a go.

What is the point of this message board, is it to just talk about how good we are and applaude loses as if they are wins?

What is wrong about expressing your worries here, just as folk would in their office or in the pubs?

Hiber-nation
28-03-2015, 08:04 PM
What is the point of this message board, is it to just talk about how good we are and applaude loses as if they are wins?

What is wrong about expressing your worries here, just as folk would in their office or in the pubs?

None at all, I was one of the biggest moaners on here last season when some were totally blind to what was going on. I just think that things are a million miles better apart from our finishing!

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 08:09 PM
None at all, I was one of the biggest moaners on here last season when some were totally blind to what was going on. I just think that things are a million miles better apart from our finishing!

So was a lot of us including me. This season if you read my posts I've backed LD and Stubbs from the very start. I've applauded the wins but what I've noticed is that if I or couple others say anything negative the same folk come on with smart arse comments of "here we go" or it's the old bed wetters.

I always thought of this forum as one to come on and discuss wins as well as loses. Hopes and concerns as well but these days everything is jumped on if it's negative.

For the record I think Stubbs has done amazing but I don't think we should be losing to Raith at any point in the season home or away!

Pete
How'd you know I didn't mean optimistic?

:greengrin my bad.

Anyway, arguing about something that might happen in the future is pointless. We'll all just have to wait and see.

JCHibby
I'm not one of them though??

I assume the players will be in training tomorrow?

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 08:11 PM
I assume the players will be in training tomorrow?

I'm not sure to be honest! Ones getting treatment may well be in but don't think they have training unless someone else can confirm.

Billy Whizz
28-03-2015, 08:12 PM
I'm not sure to be honest! Ones getting treatment may well be in but don't think they have training unless someone else can confirm.

And why should they be in

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 08:13 PM
And why should they be in

I never said they should? Someone just asked a question to me and I answered!!

silverhibee
28-03-2015, 08:30 PM

Good night all!

Sleep tight Andy.

silverhibee
28-03-2015, 08:33 PM

I remember the glory days when i was accused of being a bed wetter in the SPL, surely we deserve a different type of abuse in the Championship?

The glory days of finishing 4th in the top league, just not good enough. :wink: :agree:

silverhibee
28-03-2015, 08:54 PM

FFS Peter, you will still be a happy bunny when we are playing part time football won't you.

It would be a disaster if we don't get promoted this season, just like it will be a disaster if The Rangers don't get promoted, we have to go up, simple as that, another season in this league could see us lose 1000 ST holders who may just have had enough, that means a reduced budget which means poorer players and another season in this league and we lose another 1000 ST holders because folk will have had enough of being stuck in this league for two seasons on the trot, the money we would lose staying in this league with no big games and the club will be in serious trouble.

Simply put, we can't be in this pishy league for a few years, and if we are then the revolving door will start spinning as it is a results business and Stubbs will be out the door, it's that simple, we aren't going to stick with a manager who can't get us out this league.

Two seasons in this league and it will be Deja Vu all over again. Dempster out, Stubbs Out, Craig Out. Is that what you want as that it is how it will go if we are still in in this league a few years down the line.

We need to get promoted.

End Off. :aok:

truehibernian
28-03-2015, 09:05 PM
FFS Peter, you will still be a happy bunny when we are playing part time football won't you.

It would be a disaster if we don't get promoted this season, just like it will be a disaster if The Rangers don't get promoted, we have to go up, simple as that, another season in this league could see us lose 1000 ST holders who may just have had enough, that means a reduced budget which means poorer players and another season in this league and we lose another 1000 ST holders because folk will have had enough of being stuck in this league for two seasons on the trot, the money we would lose staying in this league with no big games and the club will be in serious trouble.

Simply put, we can't be in this pishy league for a few years, and if we are then the revolving door will start spinning as it is a results business and Stubbs will be out the door, it's that simple, we aren't going to stick with a manager who can't get us out this league.

Two seasons in this league and it will be Deja Vu all over again. Dempster out, Stubbs Out, Craig Out. Is that what you want as that it is how it will go if we are still in in this league a few years down the line.

We need to get promoted.

Who spat in your walnut whip :greengrin

SH, I think we will be in the Championship next season for sure - I've thought it for a while and I also said Hearts would stroll it - which they have.

The one thing however, as I posted last week - it may mean the club evolves into what it should evolve back into - a big club who gives big potential talent a chance to shine and develop. The club was in a shambolic state top to bottom - that will not change in a season - it'll take two or three.

Promotion would be a godsend of course - a cup win would be simply unbelievable. But for me the overall health of the club is key - Petrie still there really grates me and will continue to grate me - I was told today that we have recruited the Hearts goalkeeper coach (youth level) for next season so clearly behind the scenes we are planning to go down this route and this is right up my street - so it's little steps for big rewards.

My own genuine thought is that after next season the authorities will want an expanded top league - it is what WGS wants - so they will make it happen. So promotion may not be required. Just my view anyway.

Golden Bear
28-03-2015, 09:09 PM

We need to get promoted.

Current betting:-

Maybies Aye:- 2/1
Maybies naw:- 5/2
Naeeffinchance- 10/1

100/1 BAR.

SteveHFC
28-03-2015, 09:14 PM

We need to get promoted.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-03-2015, 09:17 PM

We need to get promoted.

Agree with all of that. :top marks

jacomo
28-03-2015, 09:23 PM
So was a lot of us including me. This season if you read my posts I've backed LD and Stubbs from the very start. I've applauded the wins but what I've noticed is that if I or couple others say anything negative the same folk come on with smart arse comments of "here we go" or it's the old bed wetters.

I always thought of this forum as one to come on and discuss wins as well as loses. Hopes and concerns as well but these days everything is jumped on if it's negative.

For the record I think Stubbs has done amazing but I don't think we should be losing to Raith at any point in the season home or away!

People defend AS because they are desperate to stop the cycle of short term managers we've gotten into. Everyone wants more people to go to games. Don't take it personally.

I agree with your understanding of our current situation though. Hibs is just not sustainable in this League, and thinking that we could just 'adapt' to smaller budgets really doesn't understand that.

NAE NOOKIE
28-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Who spat in your walnut whip :greengrin

SH, I think we will be in the Championship next season for sure - I've thought it for a while and I also said Hearts would stroll it - which they have.

The one thing however, as I posted last week - it may mean the club evolves into what it should evolve back into - a big club who gives big potential talent a chance to shine and develop. The club was in a shambolic state top to bottom - that will not change in a season - it'll take two or three.

Promotion would be a godsend of course - a cup win would be simply unbelievable. But for me the overall health of the club is key - Petrie still there really grates me and will continue to grate me - I was told today that we have recruited the Hearts goalkeeper coach (youth level) for next season so clearly behind the scenes we are planning to go down this route and this is right up my street - so it's little steps for big rewards.

My own genuine thought is that after next season the authorities will want an expanded top league - it is what WGS wants - so they will make it happen. So promotion may not be required. Just my view anyway.

As things stand at the moment I would kiss Doncaster's erchie if he came out and said the league was to expand next season or the one after. As it goes only failure of the The Rangers to go up will make that happen, or at least make them think about it.

shetlandhibee
28-03-2015, 09:29 PM

monktonharp
28-03-2015, 10:33 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I started getting worried, just before Christmas, where I thought we'd be catching the gorgie mob. however, there luck held, on every game. added to that, we SHOULD have beat them in at least 2 of the derbies, but hey ho, their luck held again. we suddenly had a good run, yet dropped points that we shouldn't have. So, here we are again, under pressure but at least in a semi, and still all to play for. In early January, I thought we might not quite have what's reqd, to go up. I still feel that way, but on a given day we can play good football, might get to a final again which is good going over a period of 4 years, and who knows after that. keep the faith.

SteveHFC
28-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Cat and Silver's posts :top marks

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2015, 10:44 PM
Promotion is much more important to me, and I'm playing down the cup as much as possible, in order to avoid another disappointment. I'm expecting to reach the final and lose to Celtic, which is something I'd gladly take in exchange for promotion, yet I have no embarrassment in admitting I would cry tears of joy if we won the cup.

Sir David Gray
28-03-2015, 11:02 PM
Promotion is much more important to me, and I'm playing down the cup as much as possible, in order to avoid another disappointment. I'm expecting to reach the final and lose to Celtic, which is something I'd gladly take in exchange for promotion, yet I have no embarrassment in admitting I would cry tears of joy if we won the cup.

I'm the same.

If we win the cup, I would be ecstatic but getting promoted is the biggest priority for me this season.

I do not want another season in this league.

A club the size of Hibs should never be outside the top division.

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2015, 11:11 PM
I'm the same.

If we win the cup, I would be ecstatic but getting promoted is the biggest priority for me this season.

Yup, no disrespect meant to the likes of Cowdenbeath and Alloa, but this is horrible. One season is more than enough.

Pete
29-03-2015, 02:40 PM

We need to get promoted.

It might come as a complete shock but I don't particularly want to stay down in this league.

I just don't share this nightmare vision you have. Again, no point in discussing things that might happen as it's basically guesswork. Lots of soccer to be played.

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 02:43 PM
I'm the same.

100% agree

Spike Mandela
29-03-2015, 03:08 PM
When Hibs results were going well Stubbs told us there would be slip ups along the way. Well, we've had a couple.

Looking at the highlights, thought we played well enough. Just got to keep doing what we do and hoping our luck changes again and the goals start going in.

The semi final will be a change from the grind of the league. We lose it at least we know there is a an extremely good chance we are in the play offs. Falkirk on the other hand if they lose it they know their season could be over. For me, there is more pressure on them.

Pete
29-03-2015, 03:19 PM
There's also the fact that nobody has anything to lose with the cup. Something good will happen if we succeed.

Football should be fun.

Hermit Crab
29-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Defence needs to tighten up for sure. Forwards have to take their chances. Winner takes all match.

Lago
29-03-2015, 03:29 PM
There's also the fact that nobody has anything to lose with the cup. Something good will happen if we succeed.

Football should be fun.
Football is quite offten fun, following Hibs is quite offten not so much fun.

Pete
29-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Football is quite offten fun, following Hibs is quite offten not so much fun.

It depends how you look at mate. Last season's results were laughable though.

Ronniekirk
29-03-2015, 04:01 PM

We need to get promoted.

Its Getting near Easter so there is bound to be a few happy Bunnies around

silverhibee
29-03-2015, 04:14 PM
It might come as a complete shock but I don't particularly want to stay down in this league.

I just don't share this nightmare vision you have. Again, no point in discussing things that might happen as it's basically guesswork. Lots of soccer to be played.

The same points you made must only be guess work as well then, "even if it takes 2 seasons" "two seasons in this league will only see us lose a few fans", you really think that do you, we will lose more than a few be assured of that, where will the progress come from being in this league for 2 seasons, I'm just not seeing your thinking on your guesswork.

7 games to go before the play off's, we need to get back to winning ways quickly to keep that 2nd spot.

Billy Whizz
29-03-2015, 05:09 PM
The same points you made must only be guess work as well then, "even if it takes 2 seasons" "two seasons in this league will only see us lose a few fans", you really think that do you, we will lose more than a few be assured of that, where will the progress come from being in this league for 2 seasons, I'm just not seeing your thinking on your guesswork.

7 games to go before the play off's, we need to get back to winning ways quickly to keep that 2nd spot.

6 games before the play off's, Silver

silverhibee
29-03-2015, 10:41 PM
6 games before the play off's, Silver

Me bad Billy. :thumbsup: