PDA

View Full Version : Malonga

Pages : [1] 2

Ozyhibby
28-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Has he scored since he got back from Africa?

The_Horde
28-03-2015, 05:11 PM
He's been *****. Needs dropped. Boyle and Cummings up front.

The Tubs
28-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Aye. He got a couple in his first game back at Easter Road.

gaz1875
28-03-2015, 05:28 PM
The trouble with players like Malonga is when sleeves need rolled up, and effort needs to be shown, these players go missing. When they are scoring goals all is good and well and it should be, but they never burst a gut to lift the players around them when the chips are down. Unfortunately since the African Nations we have lacked any pace up front, when Malonga was away Cummings started his scoring run and we looked a much quicker team going forward with Boyle playing off him. On his better days he is a very skilful player just not enough off them.

Andy74
28-03-2015, 05:33 PM
The trouble with players like Malonga is when sleeves need rolled up, and effort needs to be shown, these players go missing. When they are scoring goals all is good and well and it should be, but they never burst a gut to lift the players around them when the chips are down. Unfortunately since the African Nations we have lacked any pace up front, when Malonga was away Cummings started his scoring run and we looked a much quicker team going forward with Boyle playing off him. On his better days he is a very skilful player just not enough off them.

He actually worked very hard today.

Interesting this though after the Jack Harper thread.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Jeezo.

The last 2 weeks have been tough and I must admit I have started to question both the mental toughness in the squad and the how much the countless missed chances over the course of the season are goingt to cost us.

But do we really need thread slaughtering all our players. Oxley has been getting on both here and the PM board all week and now it seems Malonga is in the firing line.

gaz1875
28-03-2015, 05:38 PM
He actually worked very hard today.

Interesting this though after the Jack Harper thread.

I should have said I wasn't there today, but this is how I see him in most games. Stubbs also commented about how he appears to stroll around, but with the ball at his feet he is a different person.

Ozyhibby
28-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Jeezo.

The last 2 weeks have been tough and I must admit I have started to question both the mental toughness in the squad and the how much the countless missed chances over the course of the season are goingt to cost us.

But do we really need thread slaughtering all our players. Oxley has been getting on both here and the PM board all week and now it seems Malonga is in the firing line.

People are frustrated as we appear to be heading for yet another failure of a season.
It may still be a success but it's not looking good tonight.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2015, 05:58 PM
People are frustrated as we appear to be heading for yet another failure of a season.

I get that, see my comments on other threads.

But Malonga is far from the only one to have let standards slip in recent weeks yet is singled out. I don't get that.

Andy74
28-03-2015, 06:00 PM

A bit dramatic really.

MWHIBBIES
28-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Was good today unlike our pathetic support who gave him grief every time he touched the ball. Very unlucky not to score with the header.

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 06:27 PM
He's been *****. Needs dropped. Boyle and Cummings up front.

Boyle is howling as well. Came on today and I dont think he touched the ball in the ten minutes he played.

Stevie Reid
28-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Malonga has been one of the best signings we've made in recent years.

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Was good today unlike our pathetic support who gave him grief every time he touched the ball. Very unlucky not to score with the header.

He managed to get on the end of one cross out of about 20 that came into the box. Not even darting to the front or back post to try and get on the end of them. Failed to try and tackle defenders who had the ball letting them run past him. No wonder he got grief.

ancient hibee
28-03-2015, 06:32 PM
He managed to get on the end of one cross out of about 20 that came into the box. Not even darting to the front or back post to try and get on the end of them. Failed to try and tackle defenders who had the ball letting them run past him. No wonder he got grief.

But he's our Jack Harper surely.I've been reading on here that that's the proper way to play not running around bashing into people.

MWHIBBIES
28-03-2015, 06:32 PM
He managed to get on the end of one cross out of about 20 that came into the box. Not even darting to the front or back post to try and get on the end of them. Failed to try and tackle defenders who had the ball letting them run past him. No wonder he got grief.I could just as easily say 1 of the 20 crosses actually found a Hibs player.

PathheadHibby
28-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Totally agree, lazy frustrating player who looked completely disinterested today

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 06:35 PM
I could just as easily say 1 of the 20 crosses actually found a Hibs player.

Hes the main striker, he has to make himself a target, not just stand still looking disinterested in the penalty box.

Alan62
28-03-2015, 06:35 PM

Eh, we're currently second in the division and in the semi final of the Scottish Cup. Yet we 'appear to be heading for another failure of a season". Maybe retire your keyboard for a few weeks and see how things pan out?

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 06:36 PM
But he's our Jack Harper surely.I've been reading on here that that's the proper way to play not running around bashing into people.

Bollocks eh. A centre forward has to put himself about to try and win the ball, turn defenders and feed off scraps and mistakes.

ancient hibee
28-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Bollocks eh. A centre forward has to put himself about to try and win the ball, turn defenders and feed off scraps and mistakes.

Not according to all the total football aficianados on here.

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Totally agree, lazy frustrating player who looked completely disinterested today

:agree: A lot of fans travelled today looking a reaction to last week. I don't we really got one.

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Not according to all the total football aficianados on here.

I dont see them managing football teams in top leagues or countries. Do you?

Alfred E Newman
28-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Malonga has been one of the best signings we've made in recent years.

Do you seriously believe that?

ancient hibee
28-03-2015, 06:49 PM
I dont see them managing football teams in top leagues or countries. Do you?

You'd be surprised at some of the names behind the non-de-plumes.

Stevie Reid
28-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Do you seriously believe that?

13 goals in 21 starts. How can it be argued with?

Crammond Hibee
28-03-2015, 06:54 PM

He played poorly last week and poorly today.Time to try others !

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 06:54 PM
He played poorly last week and poorly today.Time to try others !

Cummings and farid next week. :agree:

Green Fish
28-03-2015, 07:00 PM
I'm not one for getting on players backs but he was brutal today. No fire, no passion, no grit. Come on, earn your wage big fella. He should have been hooked much much earlier.

truehibernian
28-03-2015, 07:03 PM
I'd certainly be teaching him how to play onside and read the bloomin line better.

Stevie Reid
28-03-2015, 07:06 PM
According to different reports, it sounds like he was either good or bad today. Even if he was bad, does having a bad game really justify casting such aspersions on his ability? Especially when he has such a good scoring ratio?

Green Fish
28-03-2015, 07:14 PM
According to different reports, it sounds like he was either good or bad today. Even if he was bad, does having a bad game really justify casting such aspersions on his ability? Especially when he has such a good scoring ratio?

I totally agree but imo he was so far off the pace today he deserves to be criticized, not abused

lucky
28-03-2015, 07:15 PM
He can't play up front by himself as he likes to drop deep and get the ball. But El Farid looked more dangerous than Malonga did

Stuarty27
28-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Poor today, apart from two nice lay offs his body language and work rate was terrible.

Stevie Reid
28-03-2015, 07:17 PM
I totally agree but imo he was so far off the pace today he deserves to be criticized, not abused

That's fine, criticism of performances is totally normal. It's the constant redefining of a player's talent that gets me, when he's been a very successful signing so far. Too many making definitive statements on the back of very little.

Peevemor
28-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Poor today, apart from two nice lay offs his body language and work rate was terrible.

Kevin Harper said exactly the opposite on the Hibs TV commentary.

He also said that the Rovers' defenders were given a free rein by the referee.

truehibernian
28-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Kevin Harper said exactly the opposite on the Hibs TV commentary.

He also said that the Rovers' defenders were given a free rein by the referee.

The quick free kick second half brought back was scandalous :agree:

Mind when I saw the appointment I did think to myself that this could be a real bonus for Raith today.

Big_Franck
28-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Thought Malonga was poor again today. He barely broke sweat and didnt do much with the ball. I think he misses Cummings' energy, movement and the space that Cummings' runs creates. I think Malonga has been a decent signing though and hope he gets back to form next week.

Cameron1875
28-03-2015, 08:17 PM

Its the bloody first division!!! Have some ambition man.

Also a few of those goals have been doubles in the same game.

BoomtownHibees
28-03-2015, 08:21 PM
The quick free kick second half brought back was scandalous :agree:

Mind when I saw the appointment I did think to myself that this could be a real bonus for Raith today.

The one that Robertson took from off the park?

truehibernian
28-03-2015, 08:48 PM
No mate....at 1-1 we had a free kick in their half and it was very quickly played out to IIRC Scott Allan......only to be called back.......was middle of the pitch. Allan and Gray had all that flank to themselves.

B.H.F.C
28-03-2015, 08:52 PM
No mate....at 1-1 we had a free kick in their half and it was very quickly played out to IIRC Scott Allan......only to be called back.......was middle of the pitch. Allan and Gray had all that flank to themselves.

Gray had that flank to himself all day. Should have had 3 goals.

BoomtownHibees
28-03-2015, 08:55 PM

Just the 3?

truehibernian
28-03-2015, 08:57 PM

First one (hit post) thought he did really well to get in behind - thought he could maybe have shot with left foot but saying that it was a whisker away and just wrong side of post.

Didn't get a close look at the open goal but looked like it flashed across him really quickly.

He did well all game, but Lewis was limited because I think Raith concentrated on his side more.

Strange folk having a go at Allan today......thought he was decent and always wanting the ball. Thought it was Dylan who was off the boil a little today and in a way contibuted to their first goal by getting caught in possession cheaply before the moved it out wide to cross (which was excellently taken have to say by the Raith forward).

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Just the 3?

Lets not pin this defeat on Gray. He played well and yes he missed two very good chances but was unlucky with his first when he hit the post. He's not a striker and done well to get into those scoring positions which is more than can be said for malonga.

BoomtownHibees
28-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Lets not pin this defeat on Gray. He played well and yes he missed two very good chances but was unlucky with his first when he hit the post. He's not a striker and done well to get into those scoring positions which is more than can be said for malonga.

Who's blaming Gray?

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 09:01 PM
First one (hit post) thought he did really well to get in behind - thought he could maybe have shot with left foot but saying that it was a whisker away and just wrong side of post.

Didn't get a close look at the open goal but looked like it flashed across him really quickly.

He did well all game, but Lewis was limited because I think Raith concentrated on his side more.

Strange folk having a go at Allan today......thought he was decent and always wanting the ball. Thought it was Dylan who was off the boil a little today and in a way contibuted to their first goal by getting caught in possession cheaply before the moved it out wide to cross (which was excellently taken have to say by the Raith forward).

Their first goal came from a clear foul (push) on Stanton by that hearts **** Thompson.

MSK
28-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Has he scored since he got back from Africa?You follow hibs ..surely you know the answer to your own question ..:confused:

truehibernian
28-03-2015, 09:04 PM
Their first goal came from a clear foul (push) on Stanton by that hearts **** Thompson.

Sorry mate, Sam was weak and it was never a foul - ball was there to be won and Thomson won it. Great finish has to be said.

I thought and think Sam looks very very weak in this league. Good feet, very technically gifted, too easily brushed aside.

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Sorry mate, Sam was weak and it was never a foul - ball was there to be won and Thomson won it. Great finish has to be said.

I thought and think Sam looks very very weak in this league. Good feet, very technically gifted, too easily brushed aside.

Opinions i suppose but there was quite a few shouts of thats a push ref around me when it happened. I personally thought it was a foul.

Billy Whizz
28-03-2015, 09:18 PM

I thought in his 1st start in 4 months or so, Sam did well today. He will never be a winger though, where he was asked to play mostly today.
He brings a bit of pace and directness to our team, hope he gets another opportunity before too long

truehibernian
28-03-2015, 09:21 PM
I thought in his 1st start in 4 months or so, Sam did well today. He will never be a winger though, where he was asked to play mostly today.
He brings a bit of pace and directness to our team, hope he gets another opportunity before too long

It's not that I don't rate him at all Billy, I thought today and on other occasions, for some reason, he has looked a wee bit overawed and today looked a wee bit weak. I agree totally about positionally. He started on the left, then drifted right........midfield balance has gone a wee bit awry since Fyvie has come in and been a mainstay (and he is a good player).

Today was a game to try Malonga and Boyle for me.........Raith were very slow at the back but that wasn't tested at all when we only played one up top and five (effectively) along the middle.

scoopyboy
28-03-2015, 10:22 PM

F*** sake. Are you not allowed to score doubles and hat tricks???

The way you have worded that appears to be you are slagging him for scoring more than one goal in a game.

Stuarty27
28-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Where u there today scooby??

scoopyboy
28-03-2015, 10:24 PM

I thought he was poor Billy.

Disappointing as I thought some of his subs appearances had been quite encouraging.

scoopyboy
28-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Where u there today scooby??

Yes, why?

Shrekko
28-03-2015, 11:33 PM
Malonga didn't have a great 2nd half at all but the abuse he was getting from the fans at times was utterly ridiculous.

truehibernian
28-03-2015, 11:37 PM
Malonga didn't have a great 2nd half at all but the abuse he was getting from the fans at times was utterly ridiculous.

He rightly got 'abuse' when he didn't chase down a ball second half......as a result he did, closed down, and keep them pinned at their byeline - and he received applause - it ain't rocket science football - try a leg and you'll get praise, don't you'll get both found out and lambasted :aok:

He needs to realise it is Scotland, and lower league football, not Italy and Serie A and B :agree:

Ozyhibby
28-03-2015, 11:53 PM
You follow hibs ..surely you know the answer to your own question ..:confused:

I wouldn't have asked if I knew or could be bothered to check? It seemed like a while since he scored so I asked.

wynnie1875
29-03-2015, 12:15 AM
10 goals in 20 starts??? Pretty good achievement. People giving him a hard time need a reality check.

Stevie Reid
29-03-2015, 01:50 AM

Christ, where do I start with this? How might I display ambition in a thread like this - by castigating Malonga when he's been very good for us? And given that our current ambition is to get out of this division, I would say that someone with a strike rate like Malonga would be a great help.

Furthermore, he's scored more than one goal on more than one occasion - are you saying that this is a bad thing, or somehow shouldn't count towards his goal tally?

Lastly - yes, this is the first division we're playing in. Malonga has scored a lot of goals in it. On top of that, he's played against two SPL sides this season, and scored three goals in those two appearances.

Other than that, good post :rolleyes:

truehibernian
29-03-2015, 02:00 AM
Christ, where do I start with this? How might I display ambition in a thread like this - by castigating Malonga when he's been very good for us? And given that our current ambition is to get out of this division, I would say that someone with a strike rate like Malonga would be a great help.

Furthermore, he's scored more than one goal on more than one occasion - are you saying that this is a bad thing, or somehow shouldn't count towards his goal tally?

Lastly - yes, this is the first division we're playing in. Malonga has scored a lot of goals in it. On top of that, he's played against two SPL sides this season, and scored three goals in those two appearances.

Other than that, good post :errr:

I'm afraid Stevie he needs to up his game - pronto - business end of the season this lad should, for Hibs and his own CV be knocking his pan in - truth is he is not.

J-C
29-03-2015, 02:02 AM

But Andy74 said he worked hard today :confused:

Stevie Reid
29-03-2015, 02:12 AM
I'm afraid Stevie he needs to up his game - pronto - business end of the season this lad should, for Hibs and his own CV be knocking his pan in - truth is he is not.

He's not the only one, TH. Last week's performance and this week's result aren't good enough - but I'm not suddenly doubting the quality of our management team and playing staff.

Who knows what will happen from here? But Malonga has played a big part (along with many others) in getting us into a position that we didn't think possible a couple of months ago.

It's how reactive people are that really winds me up - a couple of weeks ago there were people on here who were claiming that Rangers would be lucky to finish top four - now, after a couple of wins for them and defeats for us, we're hopeless and won't go up.

There's a long way to go yet, and things can change very quickly.

hibsbollah
29-03-2015, 07:33 AM

:faf: post of the year. Stupid Malonga, not spacing out his goals evenly across the season.

StevieC
29-03-2015, 08:09 AM
F*** sake. Are you not allowed to score doubles and hat tricks???

The way you have worded that appears to be you are slagging him for scoring more than one goal in a game.

I took the wording to mean that he has failed to score in more than 50% of the games he's played in. And I would tend to agree, that sort of ratio is pretty poor in the Championship for our main striker.

scoopyboy
29-03-2015, 08:41 AM
I took the wording to mean that he has failed to score in more than 50% of the games he's played in. And I would tend to agree, that sort of ratio is pretty poor in the Championship for our main striker.

The new blue eyed boy of English football could have the same argument flung at him.

Harry Kane has eighteen goals in thirty odd games but because he bagged a hat trick last time out against bottom club Leicester means he has had a few games where he hasn't scored any. Does that make him any less a striker?

From my point of view the total number of goals is the meaningful stat whether they come in singles, braces or hat tricks.

marinello59
29-03-2015, 08:48 AM

And Andy74 was right. We can argue about how effective he was but to suggest he wasn't trying is simply wrong. DM will have been hurting as much as the rest of the team at the final score.

StevieC
29-03-2015, 09:44 AM
The new blue eyed boy of English football could have the same argument flung at him.

Harry Kane has eighteen goals in thirty odd games but because he bagged a hat trick last time out against bottom club Leicester means he has had a few games where he hasn't scored any. Does that make him any less a striker?

From my point of view the total number of goals is the meaningful stat whether they come in singles, braces or hat tricks.

How many would HK score in the English League One though, that's the point that is being made. If DM had scored 13 in the Premiership, or we viewed ourselves as nothing more than a Championship team, then it wouldn't be too bad a return.
But if we feel we are a Premiership team, and dominating games against Championship teams, then its not that good a return. And certainly not that good a return to make him exempt from criticism when he can be seen to be giving less than 100% effort.

blackpoolhibs
29-03-2015, 09:58 AM

I thought he played well in the first half, but he was poor in the 2nd.

hibsbollah
29-03-2015, 10:00 AM
He rightly got 'abuse' when he didn't chase down a ball second half......as a result he did, closed down, and keep them pinned at their byeline - and he received applause - it ain't rocket science football - try a leg and you'll get praise, don't you'll get both found out and lambasted :aok:

He needs to realise it is Scotland, and lower league football, not Italy and Serie A and B :agree:

i don't want Malonga changing his game because of pressure from the 'up and at 'em' brigade' amongst our support, to be honest. Malongas game is based on good positioning, intelligent runs and changes in pace. Running about chasing lost causes into the corner flags to win us an extra three yards might get him applause, but it's not necessarily the best thing for the team.

scoopyboy
29-03-2015, 10:06 AM
How many would HK score in the English League One though, that's the point that is being made. If DM had scored 13 in the Premiership, or we viewed ourselves as nothing more than a Championship team, then it wouldn't be too bad a return.
But if we feel we are a Premiership team, and dominating games against Championship teams, then its not that good a return. And certainly not that good a return to make him exempt from criticism when he can be seen to be giving less than 100% effort.

I think we aren't discussing the same thing Stevie.

Undoubtably Harry Kane would score more in the Championship in England.

The point I was making was that goals scored in a season should be seen as just that irrespective of whether they come in ones, twos or threes. The original pop I had was at poster who seemed to have a go at him for scoring more than one in a game as opposed to scoring one in more games.

Just to add more fuel to the fire Malonga has played two games against top flight opposition and scored two against Ross County and one against Dundee Utd so his record against "better teams" is favourable against his league ratio.

blackpoolhibs
29-03-2015, 10:10 AM

The point I was making was that goals scored in a season should be seen as just that irrespective of whether they come in ones, twos or threes. The original pop I had was at poster who seemed to have a go at him for scoring more than one in a game as opposed to scoring one in more games.

Just to add more fuel to the fire Malonga has played two games against top flight opposition and scored two against Ross County and one against Dundee Utd so his record against "better teams" is favourable against his league ratio.

Thats a very good point, and one i think points to him getting more space and time against the better sides. Against teams that will attack us more, i think he will be more effective.

The only thing that may work against us seeing that, is if we are still in the Championship when his contract runs out?

J-C
29-03-2015, 10:37 AM
I thought he played well in the first half, but he was poor in the 2nd.

Can only go by what is written here as I wasn't there, some saying he was poor and lazy, others sayng he was ok especially in the 1st half, just getting conflicting views that's all, my opinion is he aint and never will be a main striker, he plays better as 1 of 2 as he drops deeper.

Hermit Crab
29-03-2015, 10:56 AM
i don't want Malonga changing his game because of pressure from the 'up and at 'em' brigade' amongst our support, to be honest. Malongas game is based on good positioning, intelligent runs and changes in pace. Running about chasing lost causes into the corner flags to win us an extra three yards might get him applause, but it's not necessarily the best thing for the team.

That's all very well. The above in bold he done none of yesterday.

Leithenhibby
29-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Jeezo.

It's what Hibs fans do, always have always will. I have followed my beloved team for longer than I care to remember and over the years have had feedback from ex players stating how nasty it can become!!... :rolleyes:

I would have taken our present position at the start........ :agree:

madhatter
29-03-2015, 11:20 AM
He needs a partner upfront. To those that say he needs to up his work rate etc. May I point to the best players in the world...neither Messi and Ronaldo do anything when they lose the ball (especially Messi). By no means is Malonga in same league but sadly along with Scott Allan, they are luxury players. Scott Allan rarely chases back but I don't criticise. Listening to the game yesterday, sadly it sounds like McGeouch has had 2 bad games in a row. Seemed like he gave the ball away a lot by his standards.

Turkish Green
29-03-2015, 11:42 AM

i think this throws up a debatable point. Against supposed "better" opposition there is more space as these opponents are expected to attack the Championship team. However against teams from the lower half of the Championship they pack their defences and give less space. The yams have gotten around this by goals from outside of the penalty box forcing defences to open up. Hibs on the other hand appear to want to walk the ball into the net.

Malonga is a good player who may not always fit into the square hole designated for him by Stubbs. For me the question mark should be against JJJ.

StevieC
29-03-2015, 12:50 PM
The original pop I had was at poster who seemed to have a go at him for scoring more than one in a game as opposed to scoring one in more games.

This is why I replied to your post. I felt you may have picked the original poster up wrong, because I felt the poster was saying that he didn't score in enough games rather than having a go for scoring more than one in a game.

Regardless of the original post though, my personal view is that I don't rate Malonga. I think we could have, and should have, somebody better at converting the numerous chances we are creating.

scoopyboy
29-03-2015, 01:05 PM
This is why I replied to your post. I felt you may have picked the original poster up wrong, because I felt the poster was saying that he didn't score in enough games rather than having a go for scoring more than one in a game.

Regardless of the original post though, my personal view is that I don't rate Malonga. I think we could have, and should have, somebody better at converting the numerous chances we are creating.

Fair enough Stevie.

Strikers can't choose when they score, ie its not as if a striker can say I shouldn't have scored a second goal today as I should have saved it for next week.

Any striker who scores a lot of goals in a season will always have multiples included and will always have games when they don't score.

Without knowing for sure I would wager that when Joe Baker scored 42 goals in a season there would have been several games when he didn't score and in those games it's probable that Hibs didn't win.

Malonga is a bit of a mixed bag and am not sure if I rate him or not, he certainly infuriates me at times. I'm not convinced he is particularly lazy as I think he tends to time his runs and doesn't run around like a headless chickens. He tends to drift wide and gets the ball in space a lot of time.

It would be interesting to get a figure on how many yards he does in a game, similar to what you see in a Champions League when a player gets subbed.

StevieC
29-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Malonga is a bit of a mixed bag and am not sure if I rate him or not, he certainly infuriates me at times. I'm not convinced he is particularly lazy as I think he tends to time his runs and doesn't run around like a headless chickens. He tends to drift wide and gets the ball in space a lot of time.

I feel the same.
Watch him closely in the Raith Highlights. He rarely shows a change of pace, doesn't try to get across the front of his marker, static and no awareness (or hunger) to get onto anything loose in the box. Watch the amount of times that if he had shown a burst of pace into the box, when we broke down the wings, he might have managed to get on the end of something. The one chance he did have was down to the quality of the cross, and he really should have finished that header.

In comparison, both Raith goals were scored by the attacker cutting across the front of his marker to create the yard or two needed to get a shot off.

eastcoasthibby
29-03-2015, 02:24 PM
I would go with those seeing Malonga as having had a pretty decent first half yesterday and then the style of the game changed, there was not as much space to play in and our play was for the most painstakingly slow, we were trying to play through the middle in a packed area where the bigger Raith defenders were almost always the winners. This style in my eyes does not suit Malonga, I watched him try to make a couple of runs off defenders to give his team mates options and like too often they made the wrong decision and pass.
Malonga will never be the type to go straight up against and have a physical battle with some of the centre backs in this league, therefore playing him when the game gets like that is almost pointless and for me the last 2 games have reflected that apart form the first half yesterday. Malonga dropped of yesterday to try and get the ball especially in the second half a few times but it was all too tight and we were intent in trying to get the ball either through the middle in the packed area or making 4 passes to get it from one side to the other, so my response is agreeing that Malonga lost the place the second half, had a really decent first half and is not the answer in a physical encounter where there is no space and we are asking him to challenge robustly.
He is a good footballer, with a lovely touch he can take a goal, but is no poacher, a more open playing system suits him and he has been and is a valuable player to us, I think we need to understand him better and take a view that AS has 5 main strikers who all have different attributes and game style preferences, he needs to find the right ones for the right games and styles of play.
All IMHO from a seasons worth of viewing majority of it enjoyable i have to say, long may that continue.
GGTTH

Unseen work
29-03-2015, 08:59 PM

100%

:agree:

Hibeesmad
29-03-2015, 09:03 PM
I like him, I thinks he's a good player and we will see the best of him with El Alagui. Just remember that he only joined in September and he's been away on international duty for numerous amount of weeks. One of our best signings imo

Unseen work
29-03-2015, 09:06 PM
People are comparing Malonga to harry kane, and how kane would score more goals in the championship.

IMO this isnt always the case, as hibs are one of the best teams in the championship it means when teams play us they generally set out to defend and hit us on the counter. Putting 10 men behind the ball leaves us with little space to create clear cut chances. If we played in the premiership malonga would have much more space to run into and get shots away as other teams will try match us or win the game which would leave them with gaps at the back for him to exploit.

Interestingly harry kanes record at lower league teams isnt great. Granted he was younger at leyton orient, but 13 and 2 at leicester was only last season

→ Leyton Orient (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Leyton_Orient_F.C.) (loan)
(5)

→ Millwall (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Millwall_F.C.) (loan)
(7)

2012–2013
→ Norwich City (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Norwich_City_F.C.) (loan)
(0)

→ Leicester City (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Leicester_City_F.C.) (loan)
(2

Bearders
30-03-2015, 11:24 AM
over the years have had feedback from ex players stating how nasty it can become!!...

Rowan Vine, Michael Stewart, Alan O"Brien ??

truehibernian
30-03-2015, 11:42 AM

It's not about changing his game at all bollah, simply adding to his game - The Rangers beat us because McCall recognised Hibs like possession and he asked his players, specifically his front men, to press high and force mistakes - watch that game again and watch where Kenny Miller, Clark and others are when Oxley gets the ball and rolls it to Fontaine, Hanlon or the full backs - we were forced often to play long or indeed our game was narrowed.

Malonga needs to work harder in games - if that means now and again closing down and trying to force and error for the team benefit then so be it - as it turned out the example second half I am talking about resulted in Raith having to take a throw in (rather than be allowed time to pick a pass) - a thrown in which Hibs won possession back, right on the edge of their box.

I'm not asking for 'headless chicken' stuff - but closing down space does not take too much out of you if your positional sense is good to start off with anyway. Too often Malonga was where midfielders are expected to be.

Raith and The Rangers were allowed to have settled banks of 4 or 5, and their centre halves in both games were not troubled in the slightest. Our front men need to adapt during a game because at this stage of the season each and every side have something to play for and will battle.

hibbysam
31-03-2015, 09:18 AM

Were in the exact same position as we were three weeks ago... We are just as easily on course for one of our best seasons in decades!

hibsbollah
31-03-2015, 06:31 PM
It's not about changing his game at all bollah, simply adding to his game - The Rangers beat us because McCall recognised Hibs like possession and he asked his players, specifically his front men, to press high and force mistakes - watch that game again and watch where Kenny Miller, Clark and others are when Oxley gets the ball and rolls it to Fontaine, Hanlon or the full backs - we were forced often to play long or indeed our game was narrowed.

Malonga needs to work harder in games - if that means now and again closing down and trying to force and error for the team benefit then so be it - as it turned out the example second half I am talking about resulted in Raith having to take a throw in (rather than be allowed time to pick a pass) - a thrown in which Hibs won possession back, right on the edge of their box.

I'm not asking for 'headless chicken' stuff - but closing down space does not take too much out of you if your positional sense is good to start off with anyway. Too often Malonga was where midfielders are expected to be.

Raith and The Rangers were allowed to have settled banks of 4 or 5, and their centre halves in both games were not troubled in the slightest. Our front men need to adapt during a game because at this stage of the season each and every side have something to play for and will battle.

McCalls pressure tactics don't really have anything to do with the Malonga question, does it? I can't be bothered to go over it all again, but in simple terms you think he needs to work harder, I don't think he does. But more than that, you are suggesting that he didnt press the ball, presumably because he wasn't instructed to by Stubbs and the management team, and then, because of being shouted at by the crowd to do so, he changed his behaviour which forced Raith to take a throw in. Would you agree that it is an unhealthy situation for players to respond to barracking in this way? Are we going back to the days where we scream at players to 'launch it' because as a fan base we were too primitive to understand the importance of possession football?

I think pressing the ball high up the pitch is a great tactic, proven again and again to work by all the top teams. But you can't do it for 90 mins, all athletes have limits and Stubbs presumably knows when he wants to employ it. I certainly don't want Dougie Dunderrheid fae Drylaw (no offence to Drylaw, its just alliteration) deciding when we press and when we don't.

Ronniekirk
31-03-2015, 06:44 PM
It's unfortunate he is going through a run of games without scoring The fact Cummings has been out as well has left pressure on him to be scoring .The fact he isn't is highlighted more because of this and we have only scored one goal while losing two back to back games
Farid will hopefully help out once fully fit but again he will find the expectation is to hit the ground running
If others don't chip in with goals and we loose there is always going to be a focus on non scoring strikers

Billy Whizz
31-03-2015, 06:52 PM
It's unfortunate he is going through a run of games without scoring The fact Cummings has been out as well has left pressure on him to be scoring .The fact he isn't is highlighted more because of this and we have only scored one goal while losing two back to back games
Farid will hopefully help out once fully fit but again he will find the expectation is to hit the ground running
If others don't chip in with goals and we loose there is always going to be a focus on non scoring strikers
Ronnie, unfortunately we have to rely on our strikers for goals, as we have midfielders who contribute very little with the no of goals they score

BoomtownHibees
31-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Ronnie, unfortunately we have to rely on our strikers for goals, as we have midfielders who contribute very little with the no of goals they score

Our midfielders have got 15 between them this season.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2015, 07:01 PM
Our midfielders have got 15 between them this season.

And a 3rd of them from Scott Robertson. Fyvie chipped in with 2 in his last few games, but overall far too few from the rest of them

BoomtownHibees
31-03-2015, 07:07 PM
And a 3rd of them from Scott Robertson. Fyvie chipped in with 2 in his last few games, but overall far too few from the rest of them

I agree

J-C
31-03-2015, 07:39 PM
We don't have a 10-12 goal a season midfielder, we have 3 midfielders all very similar who like to come deep for the ball, we need someone at the tip who can create for others and score himself.

hibsbollah
01-04-2015, 08:15 AM
We don't have a 10-12 goal a season midfielder, we have 3 midfielders all very similar who like to come deep for the ball, we need someone at the tip who can create for others and score himself.Zemmama :agree:

Lago
01-04-2015, 09:29 AM
Zemmama :agree:
NOOOOooooo

Brightside
01-04-2015, 09:34 AM
We don't have a 10-12 goal a season midfielder, we have 3 midfielders all very similar who like to come deep for the ball, we need someone at the tip who can create for others and score himself.

Step forward Danny Handling.

J-C
01-04-2015, 09:49 AM

I agree but he needs t get a run in the team, he was a regular when Mcgeouch was injured but since then Fyvie has come in and McGeouch is fit again, so Danny has dropped back onto the bench which is a shame. We have 3 midfielders all looking for the killer pass but all doing it around the outside of the box, Robertson is a natural box2box player who has shown an eye for goal when given the chance, maybe he should be allowed room to go forward more and play Fyvie as the holder.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2015, 10:09 AM

I was talking to one of the Hearts players yesterday, who played with Danny last week for Scotland under 21's. He said he played as a defensive midfielder, and he was outstanding. He's played there a few times for our under 20's, and looks great in this role

Brightside
01-04-2015, 11:00 AM
I was talking to one of the Hearts players yesterday, who played with Danny last week for Scotland under 21's. He said he played as a defensive midfielder, and he was outstanding. He's played there a few times for our under 20's, and looks great in this role

I agree - that will be his role. We do really need that player behind the front two tho...or change to a 4231

scoopyboy
01-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Zemmama :agree:

Don't think he ever got near to double figures in a season.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2015, 12:23 PM

Scoopyboy, goals or games played😄

Stevie Reid
01-04-2015, 12:29 PM

Scored 11 goals for Hibs in his whole career.

hibsbollah
01-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Scored 11 goals for Hibs in his whole career.

But he created a lot more. Along with Dean Shiels, Zemmama was the last real natural creator in the hole behind the strikers we've had. I quite like Handling but he hasnt got that vavavoom in the position.

ancient hibee
01-04-2015, 02:14 PM
I know Handling is not popular with some(many?) but it's pretty obvious that the midfield has not performed so well since he dropped out.When he plays there is more shape -Robertson further back,Allan and one other in the middle and Handling further forward.Not only was this successful it was better to watch and more efficient because of the contrasting styles.

Andy74
01-04-2015, 02:58 PM
I know Handling is not popular with some(many?) but it's pretty obvious that the midfield has not performed so well since he dropped out.When he plays there is more shape -Robertson further back,Allan and one other in the middle and Handling further forward.Not only was this successful it was better to watch and more efficient because of the contrasting styles.

I don't think it's obvious at all.

I think we have played better since the time that McGeough came back and Handling dropped out.

Handling wasn't exactly supplying assists and chipping in goals himself. If he is the missing ingredient why wasn't he showing that when he was playing?

I think he is a nice technically gifted player but I think we've had lots of them in the past that got us where we are now as we keep waiting on their one good game in ten to rave about.

Maybe he has a future further back or linking up play but he has to start to have more of an impact on games if he does so. We've got lots of players who can keep and pass ball at the moment. It's not like tackling is his strength to sit in front of the back four.

Perhaps his time will come but I don't think he is a player this year to be making any difference for us. It always seem that whatever player is missing is the key one that would have helped.

Stevie Reid
01-04-2015, 04:14 PM
But he created a lot more. Along with Dean Shiels, Zemmama was the last real natural creator in the hole behind the strikers we've had. I quite like Handling but he hasnt got that vavavoom in the position.

I wasn't necessarily criticising him - I loved Zemmama and it pissed me off that we didn't get more from him for a number of reasons. I was simply pointing out that his goals tally wasn't good.

scoopyboy
01-04-2015, 04:32 PM

Not disagreeing with your comments but you replied Zemmama to a free scoring midfielder who would score 10 to a dozen goals a season.

The Sundance Kid
01-04-2015, 04:45 PM
I would love a midfielder that would pitch in with 10 to 12 goals a season but then so would every team in the country as they are a bit of a rarity.

Indeed, since 2000 Hibs have had only 4 players hit double figures from midfield: Russell Latapy, Ivan Sproule, Dean Shiels and somewhat surprisingly Ian Murray.

ancient hibee
01-04-2015, 06:30 PM
I don't think it's obvious at all.

I think we have played better since the time that McGeough came back and Handling dropped out.

Handling wasn't exactly supplying assists and chipping in goals himself. If he is the missing ingredient why wasn't he showing that when he was playing?

I think he is a nice technically gifted player but I think we've had lots of them in the past that got us where we are now as we keep waiting on their one good game in ten to rave about.

Maybe he has a future further back or linking up play but he has to start to have more of an impact on games if he does so. We've got lots of players who can keep and pass ball at the moment. It's not like tackling is his strength to sit in front of the back four.

Perhaps his time will come but I don't think he is a player this year to be making any difference for us. It always seem that whatever player is missing is the key one that would have helped.

You really think that recent performances and results have been better.Just as a matter of interest how many goals and assists has McGeough contributed since his return.This isn't a Handling v McGeough debate it's about the balance of the team which isn't as good as it was because of the number of similar types of player trying to occupy the same space.

J-C
01-04-2015, 07:24 PM
The last midfielder that came to Hibs with that kind of record is Craig and we managed to knock that out of him.

Andy74
01-04-2015, 09:06 PM
You really think that recent performances and results have been better.Just as a matter of interest how many goals and assists has McGeough contributed since his return.This isn't a Handling v McGeough debate it's about the balance of the team which isn't as good as it was because of the number of similar types of player trying to occupy the same space.

Well we won seven in a row before the last couple and prior to that had lost once in about 20.

Quite right not having a Handling v McGeough debate. That would be laughable.

Hibeesmad
01-04-2015, 09:29 PM
The last midfielder that came to Hibs with that kind of record is Craig and we managed to knock that out of him.

Butcher did that, not us

hibeemikey21
01-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Butcher did that, not us

I'm not so sure that's correct....

Wheat Hound
04-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Malonga's performance was shocking today. He wasn't the only one, granted, but on one cross into the box in the second half, he never even jumped. He clearly has ability, but that alone isn't enough.

snooky
04-04-2015, 11:55 PM
Malonga's performance was shocking today. He wasn't the only one, granted, but on one cross into the box in the second half, he never even jumped. He clearly has ability, but that alone isn't enough.

Agreed. Again we seem to be a starting with 10 men.
I have no time for lazy players. Apart from not pulling their weight, it has a detrimental effect on the rest of the team. No excuse for laziness at any level let alone in the top leagues in the country.

truehibernian
05-04-2015, 01:40 AM
Well we won seven in a row before the last couple and prior to that had lost once in about 20.

Quite right not having a Handling v McGeough debate. That would be laughable.

Why ? How much have you watched Danny in your life Andy ? You have probably watched Dylan only this season - a season where he came late, from Celtic, had been injured a large part, played okay for some games, and last few was ineffective - Danny meanwhile had been injury free, willing to play, played his part in the unbeaten run and for me is as equally as good a footballer. Pretty sure they are equal on goals so the argument is far from laughable - would love to see the assists too - don't think they are far apart - just Dylan runs about a bit more - look far far more closely as I've said to others where Danny positions himself and what he does on the pitch - one day fans will agree :aok:

For me you know nothing about football and I've never taken much notice of what you post - yet ironically I find myself laughing at your last one and mildly irritated at your demeaning of DH.

To such an extent that I'll repeat, I often think you are a Hearts fan :agree:

J-C
05-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Why ? How much have you watched Danny in your life Andy ? You have probably watched Dylan only this season - a season where he came late, from Celtic, had been injured a large part, played okay for some games, and last few was ineffective - Danny meanwhile had been injury free, willing to play, played his part in the unbeaten run and for me is as equally as good a footballer. Pretty sure they are equal on goals so the argument is far from laughable - would love to see the assists too - don't think they are far apart - just Dylan runs about a bit more - look far far more closely as I've said to others where Danny positions himself and what he does on the pitch - one day fans will agree :aok:

For me you know nothing about football and I've never taken much notice of what you post - yet ironically I find myself laughing at your last one and mildly irritated at your demeaning of DH.

:wink::faf:

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 09:31 AM

Oi, I got told off for posting things like this.

eastmainsmsh
09-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Malonga is a player alright great first touch link up play but for me he does not run the channels enough he is a ball to feet player if he did that little extra then he could be playing at a higher level

JimBHibees
09-04-2015, 05:45 PM

Wow think Danny is a decent player however IMO nowhere near the level of Dylan.

Golden Bear
09-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Malonga is a player alright great first touch link up play but for me he does not run the channels enough he is a ball to feet player if he did that little extra then he could be playing at a higher level

Some would say he's a luxury we cannot afford.

Bearders
09-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Agreed. Again we seem to be a starting with 10 men.
I have no time for lazy players. Apart from not pulling their weight, it has a detrimental effect on the rest of the team. No excuse for laziness at any level let alone in the top leagues in the country.

Big Dom is not lazy (IMO) it's his style of play. When Stubbs signed him he must have known the type of player he was getting. Ball at feet, technically quite good, comfortable on the ball. My gripe last week was that he didn't play close to Jason and more so Farid when he came on.

In Dom. Jason, Dje Dje and Farid we appear to have some variety - it's getting the combination that's the challenge for Stubbsy. Chuck in Boyle's pace and we can trouble teams, no question. I do worry, however, that inferior teams can always score against us.

And not wishing to take the piss but we ain't in the top league of our country. If you suggest "leagues" that's another debate and you are correct but for Hibernian FC to be sitting in the 2nd tier with a huge mountain to climb in getting to the top league.................

Scottie
12-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Some would say he's a luxury we cannot afford.
WHat was wrong with him today when he came on ? 3 on 1 today and chose to go for a worldy.

Hes such a frustrating player to watch. Sublime touch one minute and then next garbage. No consistency. Is he a luxury or is he worth a place in the team ? :confused:

gaz1875
12-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Lets not forget the goals he was scoring before the African Nations cup, he has gone of form since his return.

Golden Bear
12-04-2015, 05:03 PM
WHat was wrong with him today when he came on ? 3 on 1 today and chose to go for a worldy.

Hes such a frustrating player to watch. Sublime touch one minute and then next garbage. No consistency. Is he a luxury or is he worth a place in the team ? :confused:

I'm still basking in the glory of a wonderful derby win so no criticism of any of the players. However I will return to the subject area of Mr Malonga in midweek.

:wink:

Nakedmanoncrack
12-04-2015, 05:04 PM

A worse decision than Dje Dje against the huns, shocking.

Waxy
12-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Can only guess he's desperate for a goal.

Scottie
12-04-2015, 05:05 PM
I'm still basking in the glory of a wonderful derby win so no criticism of any of the players. However I will return to the subject area of Mr Malonga in midweek.

:wink:
:greengrin Me too mate but sometime he does ma heid in however I'm chuffed he played a part in a superb win today however small. :aok:

12-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Can only guess he's desperate for a goal.

Yep, too interested in getting the glory for himself. Fair enough maybe if we had been 2 or 3 goals up but at a stage where we were only 1 up it was stupid not to be selfless and try get the second goal.

Thankfully it never came back to haunt us!

Thecat23
12-04-2015, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't play Malonga in front of DJ for the rest of the season.

Mibbes Aye
12-04-2015, 05:29 PM

What a silly, silly post. Your last two paragraphs are embarrassing to read and there's no need for the insults at the poster

You've stuck up for Danny Handling massively on here, is there a personal connection?

Regardless, whatever Danny may become, he's performing nowhere close to Dylan McGeouch and nor has he been. To suggest he's equally as good a footballer is ludicrous.

I know you like to make it technical and I'm happy to go there. Dylan consistently shows for the ball better and shows a better first touch. His choice of pass or movement thereafter is also more sound.

I don't have any personal connection to Dylan McGeouch, my only interest is in what he brings to Hibs. I think he's the most important player in our team.

Just to make that clear, Dylan McGeouch is the player the first team can least afford to lose IMO. Danny Handling has a long way to go before I'm willing to say that about him.

Smartie
12-04-2015, 05:29 PM
A worse decision than Dje Dje against the huns, shocking.

I wonder if that influenced him in some way. Dje-Dje got pelters for passing the buck so maybe he thought he had to take it himself?

Terrible decision though.

Lee Marvin
12-04-2015, 05:32 PM
I wonder if that influenced him in some way. Dje-Dje got pelters for passing the buck so maybe he thought he had to take it himself?

Terrible decision though.

Two completely different situstions tho. But I suspect you know this :)

Mibbes Aye
12-04-2015, 05:34 PM

I've not seen a replay, only saw it live. When I saw it I thought the two passing options might be offside?

hibeemikey21
12-04-2015, 05:41 PM
I am a big fan of Dom, but I think in that one moment today, Malonga has jeapordised his role in the team for the run in.

It's all about playing and winning as a team. That was inexcusable what he did today.

As an aside, I liked seeing Fyvie grabbing hold of him straight after

Pretty Boy
12-04-2015, 05:48 PM
His whole performance when he came on was strange.

He just didn't seem up for it at all. I'm not one for expecting players to run about like headless chickens but his whole body language screamed that he would rather have been anywhere but ER today.

It was a huge contrast to Farid and Cummings and indeed Djedje (who I've criticised) when he came on.

kenny.ff
12-04-2015, 05:49 PM
They were nowere near ofside, ive defended him to mates over the last 5 or so weeks. Today was unaceptable for a profesional player. He could have made the pass and we would have walked the ball into the net. Dont think his injury was genuine either,

Winston Ingram
12-04-2015, 05:54 PM

That was a ****in disgrace

Mibbes Aye
12-04-2015, 05:54 PM
I've not seen a replay, only saw it live. When I saw it I thought the two passing options might be offside?

They were nowere near ofside, ive defended him to mates over the last 5 or so weeks. Today was unaceptable for a profesional player. He could have made the pass and we would have walked the ball into the net. Dont think his injury was genuine either,

As I said, I've only seen it once and at the time I thought the passes were offside.

If they weren't then it's poor judgement by Malonga. I would much rather see us walk it into the net because of a few decent players working as a team than see us score because of one guy who can mazy the opposition.

cad
12-04-2015, 05:55 PM
I am a big fan of Dom, but I think in that one moment today, Malonga has jeapordised his role in the team for the run in.

It's all about playing and winning as a team. That was inexcusable what he did today.

" I`d sub him right now " was the call from my stream host,
Unforgivable considering our record against Hearts and last minute goals, theres greedy as a striker is ,theres stupidity where every player thats kicked a ball makes a wrong call falls into ,and theres the team player angle ,in this instance I think he`s all 3 , thank god they didnt get anything from today match or he would be hanging from the lamp post outside The Albion Bar of that Im sure.

:yw:

Casey1875
12-04-2015, 05:56 PM

It might sound harsh, but, I wouldn't play him again. That could have cost us 2points easily today. Not anywhere near being a team player doing that. He has been terrible since he came back from Africa.

Sir David Gray
12-04-2015, 05:57 PM
That was probably one of the worst cameo appearances I've seen for some time.

madhatter
12-04-2015, 05:57 PM
People are going a bit overboard with the criticism.

He can't go from Hero to Zero that quick, surely?

DaveF
12-04-2015, 06:01 PM
People are going a bit overboard with the criticism.

He can't go from Hero to Zero that quick, surely?

He pretty much has and should be looking no further than the mirror for the reason why. His effort since he came back from national duty has been abysmal and today was a disgrace which could have cost us big time should they have nicked one at 1-0. Lewis Allan should be taking his spot on the subs bench from here on in. He simply isn't bringing anything to the team right now.

God Petrie
12-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Home support is truly awful. Dom is a good player who doesn't deserve the bizarre abuse he gets when he does something wrong. Controversial but an identical white player wouldn't be treated the same.

tamig
12-04-2015, 06:03 PM
What a silly, silly post. Your last two paragraphs are embarrassing to read and there's no need for the insults at the poster

You've stuck up for Danny Handling massively on here, is there a personal connection?

Regardless, whatever Danny may become, he's performing nowhere close to Dylan McGeouch and nor has he been. To suggest he's equally as good a footballer is ludicrous.

I know you like to make it technical and I'm happy to go there. Dylan consistently shows for the ball better and shows a better first touch. His choice of pass or movement thereafter is also more sound.

I don't have any personal connection to Dylan McGeouch, my only interest is in what he brings to Hibs. I think he's the most important player in our team.

Just to make that clear, Dylan McGeouch is the player the first team can least afford to lose IMO. Danny Handling has a long way to go before I'm willing to say that about him.

McGeough's return today was a massive boost. We always seem to play with more urgency when he's in the team.

J-C
12-04-2015, 06:03 PM
He'll be away in the summer, we'll get some cash for him and use it on other players, scored some important goals earlier when Farid was injured but he wouldn't be here if Farid was fit, doesn't look interseted since he came back from Africa, heads probably been turned money wise.

J-C
12-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Home support is truly awful. Dom is a good player who doesn't deserve the bizarre abuse he gets when he does something wrong. Controversial but an identical white player wouldn't be treated the same.

Colin Nish ??

Pretty Boy

So Heffernan or Collins wouldn't have got the same reaction for the same poor choice as Malonga today?

Not controversial, just pish.

Still good to see the support taking a slagging after a win rather than just a defeat.

The Hibee Harp

Ridiculous comment.

Pete

That's twice you've come out with that crap regrading Malonga in a matter of weeks.

Take your allegations and stick them where the sun doesn't shine.

Peevemor

Utter crap!

cabbageandribs1875
12-04-2015, 06:06 PM
" I`d sub him right now " was the call from my stream host,
Unforgivable considering our record against Hearts and last minute goals, theres greedy as a striker is ,theres stupidity where every player thats kicked a ball makes a wrong call falls into ,and theres the team player angle ,in this instance I think he`s all 3 , thank god they didnt get anything from today match or he would be hanging from the lamp post outside The Albion Bar of that Im sure.

:yw:

mini-supermarket now :(

hibeemikey21
12-04-2015, 06:06 PM

You must be at the wind up

Also - Liam Craig is the whitest man in our team and by far and away cops the most unjustifiable levels of abuse

DaveF
12-04-2015, 06:07 PM

Take yer fishing rod elsewhere you utter plank.

lucky
12-04-2015, 06:09 PM

Bollocks, his race has nothing to do with him being greedy then bottling it. After his fake injury today I would not pick him again. His attitude is terrible and let us down.

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Controversial but an identical white player wouldn't be treated the same.

Not controversial just complete and utter pish.

God Petrie
12-04-2015, 06:11 PM
The foreign = lazy mentality has been the downfall of many Gifted Hibs players. Benji, Zouma even Latapy got abuse at certain points. I'm sorry if your ignorance doesn't lead to introspection but malonga is a good player who doesn't deserve the drivel he gets subjected to at ER.

madhatter
12-04-2015, 06:12 PM

I agree with the support being too quick to celebrate the good, and criticise the bad. However, I, 100%, disagree with the white player remark - we've had some stinkers and they've been fully aware of what the support have thought about them...

If he leaves in summer so be it but to think he can't contribute to the end of the season is ludicrous. As I said, I agree with you on that front, people should back him while he wears green and white and remember we are there to support.

How many games has Cummings taken more than a few silly shots in and we've ended up losing or drawing? Criticism was never as bad for him. Djedje got awful criticism for his attempt to square it against Rangers, he did the same today successfully and supplied a brilliant assist.

People need to be less "boiling hot", "freezing cold" with their views on players. Malonga is struggling at the moment. Cummings went through a patch. Djedje has looked a bit silly sometimes but apart from Farid who in the team could have scored the header Djedje scored? Djedje also comes across as a clever player who keeps his head up.

Pete
12-04-2015, 06:14 PM
The foreign = lazy mentality has been the downfall of many Gifted Hibs players. Benji, Zouma even Latapy got abuse at certain points. I'm sorry if your ignorance doesn't lead to introspection but malonga is a good player who doesn't deserve the drivel he gets subjected to at ER.

You're basically accusing us of being a bunch of racists who have harmed the club with our actions.

**** off.

Pretty Boy
12-04-2015, 06:15 PM

So it's all foreigners we hate, not just black people.

Just so I'm clear were my prejudices lie as I wasn't sure until you enlightened me (with apologies to any Buddhists I may have offended by using such a phrase).

MWHIBBIES
12-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Very poor decision and there was no excuse for that but he clearly isn't fit at all.

DaveF
12-04-2015, 06:17 PM

If Latapy ever got abuse it would have been because he got in at 4am on Saturday morning and had smoked 10 B&H before the game rendering him 'lazy' as opposed to him being black.

We've done the lazy black thing on here before. That supremely talented and lazy foreign guy called Derek Riordan usually thumps your points out the water. Enjoy the win, why don't you.

Peevemor

I can't remember the likes of Nish, Tortolano, Hamilton and countless others over the years being very black, but hey - I'm just ignorant.

God Petrie
Well yes if you boo malonga you are harming the club. In accusing the home support of being halfwits who let their xenophobia dictate their view of the game. No one called anyone racist. I'm pointing out a mentality that obscures people's opinion of players. If im wrong provide an argument to disprove it.

hibeemikey21
12-04-2015, 06:19 PM

Excellent point, caller. You use Russell Latapy, who left us in disgraceful fashion (on his part), as an example to highlight the inherent racism amongst the hibs support.

Completely and utterly adored by the hibs support. Nobody really cares about his sacking, such is the love for him.

Benji - bit of a ledge for his cup final exploits, despite being a bit of an arse by the end of his time.

Zemmama - again, pretty much a fan's favourite during his time

Peevemor
12-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Well yes if you boo malonga you are harming the club. In accusing the home support of being halfwits who let their xenophobia dictate their view of the game. No one called anyone racist. I'm pointing out a mentality that obscures people's opinion of players. If im wrong provide an argument to disprove it.

Don't have the time to waste on such garbage. Sorry.

God Petrie
12-04-2015, 06:21 PM
If Latapy ever got abuse it would have been because he got in at 4am on Saturday morning and had smoked 10 B&H before the game rendering him 'lazy' as opposed to him being black.

We've done the lazy black thing on here before. That supremely talented and lazy foreign guy called Derek Riordan usually thumps your points out the water. Enjoy the win, why don't you.

I've never seen riordan get booed like malonga was today even though he did worse more selfish things. A solid argument.....

DaveF
12-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Don't have the time to waste on such garbage. Sorry.

Indeed. Attention seeking nonsense.

(him not you :greengrin)

Pretty Boy
12-04-2015, 06:22 PM
I've never seen riordan get booed like malonga was today even though he did worse more selfish things. A solid argument.....

FFS we win a derby and you're priority is calling folk halfwits and xenophobes.

Go and enjoy yourself, have a drink and see if someone will let you get your willy wet. It might do you some good.

Pete
12-04-2015, 06:22 PM

So I've to provide an argument to counter your allegations of xenophobia amongst our support?

Maybe you should prove that people take the fact that players are foreign into account before dishing out abuse.

You're a troll who is collectively insulting the whole support.

madhatter
12-04-2015, 06:23 PM

Nonsense. You are comparing home-grown talent that came through the ranks against an import (someone who is mid-20s who had no previous affiliation with the club). Perhaps consider abuse between those two groups rather than jump to racism...

Pete
12-04-2015, 06:25 PM

Yeah. Case closed :rolleyes:

Riordan is a local lad who breathes hibs. He's always going to get the benefit of the doubt. Plus he was a scoring machine.

I can't believe this argument is happening.

God Petrie
12-04-2015, 06:28 PM
He was dismal in his second spell and always prone to disgusting laziness. He also has mates who are a bunch of jakes and didn't exactly do his best as an ambassador for the club. Interestingly the last time I spoke to him he said he was "annoyed with hibs" as if we owe him something. He has not and never will be bigger than Hibs.

Sylar
12-04-2015, 06:29 PM

Controversial, no. Absolutely stupid, aye.

I can think of plenty of white players who have frequently been lambasted by the home support for similar performances to Malonga's today.

His entire presence on the pitch today was abhorrent to watch. Allen and Farid weren't offside when he first started running toward goal. By the time he took the shot, perhaps they were offside but he had ample time to release the ball into their respective paths.

It wasn't just that decision though - his 'touch' was non-existent - the ball seemed to keep bouncing off of him, he was bundled off the ball too easily and he kept stopping, rather than giving chase to the ball. I wondered if he asked to be subbed because he was having such an incompetent outing as I didn't see any considerable impact/tweak to result in an injury that would render him unable to continue. He showed some of his capabilities when he held off 2 in the box to win the corner when he had little other option but otherwise, he was shocking today.

Winston Ingram
12-04-2015, 06:31 PM

It takes some doing but that post is up their with the worst in the history of this board. Utterly disgusting.

Pretty Boy
He was dismal in his second spell and always prone to disgusting laziness. He also has mates who are a bunch of jakes and didn't exactly do his best as an ambassador for the club. Interestingly the last time I spoke to him he said he was "annoyed with hibs" as if we owe him something. He has not and never will be bigger than Hibs.

You're only saying that because he's white. If he was black you'd go far easier on him.

stoneyburn hibs
Very strange from Malonga today, only he knows why he didn't pass it. Thankfully we didn't get punished for it. I did notice that when he was sitting down on the pitch injured, he got up like a coiled spring when dje dje came on.

Sergey
12-04-2015, 06:32 PM
You're only saying that because he's white. If he was black you'd go far easier on him.

...and while we're on the subject, thank F he ain't gay :cb

hibeemikey21
12-04-2015, 06:33 PM

😂 - you're great

stoneyburn hibs
12-04-2015, 06:33 PM

Disgusting laziness ? Did he make you feel sick ? Away and have a lie down.

Winston Ingram
12-04-2015, 06:34 PM

I agree he was an embarrassment. His work rate was up there with Malonga's. Derek, however had credit in the bank as a result of his first spell, not because he was white.

Brightside
12-04-2015, 06:34 PM

Playing the race card is way out of order and you should be warned about that. He's a lazy bugger whether he's a black lazy bugger or a white lazy bugger makes no odds. He's just a lazy bugger.

madhatter
12-04-2015, 06:35 PM

Do you actually understand how many variables you are adding to your argument? These variables quite simply destroy the creditability of your original claim...

So Riordan didn't get much abuse the 2nd time he was at the club after his massively successful first spell, I'll let you figure out why that might be...

I couldn't care less what Riordan has to say on anything. I loved watching him play in his prime but I think, like most people, we know he is not the brightest in the bunch.

Any more straws there? I think this rant may be the effects of alcohol. Winning a derby and coming to this...

3pm
12-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Malonga was piss when he came on - I wouldn't waste too much time talking about him. There are others far more deserving of the limelight. Fontaine, Hanlon, Forster to begin with!

God Petrie
12-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Reasoned arguments from the above. I'll be supporting malonga at the next game. I attribute more value to that than being accepted on hibs.net which is pretty much a running joke amongst the support. Sorry my priorities offend. Bye

madhatter
12-04-2015, 06:38 PM
Malonga was piss when he came on - I wouldn't waste too much time talking about him. There are others far more deserving of the limelight. Fontaine, Hanlon, Forster to begin with!

Agreed. Hanlon barring a few glaring horrendous errors this season has been different class. Fontaine was calm and won most headers as usual. Forster threw himself about and that blocking tackle he made was as good as scoring a goal - great from the big man.

hibeemikey21
12-04-2015, 06:41 PM
Reasoned arguments from the above. I'll be supporting malonga at the next game. I attribute more value to that than being accepted on hibs.net which is pretty much a running joke amongst the support. Sorry my priorities offend. Bye

Good on you.

Not being accepted on hibs.net > being racist

We've all learned something today

hibeemikey21
12-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Agreed. Hanlon barring a few glaring horrendous errors this season has been different class. Fontaine was calm and won most headers as usual. Forster threw himself about and that blocking tackle he made was as good as scoring a goal - great from the big man.

By "Fontaine was calm", I take it you mean he was laid back and lazy and generally crap because of his ethnicity?

Disgraceful

Winston Ingram
12-04-2015, 06:43 PM

Probably the right decision to run away from this thread. It's not your priorities that offend, it's your wild accusations.

We'll also be supporting Malonga, but we also reserve the right to comment on any of our players performances :bye:

ColintonHibs
12-04-2015, 06:44 PM

What a ridiculous post. Did you see how he messed up that chance today? It was the most greedy thing ive ever seen a footballer do. Fair enough if he scored but his effort was shocking. I couldn't care what colour of skin he had get a grip i want to watch a winning hibs team do you really think id stop going if the whole team was black and winning everything? If it was scott allan who done that id say the same thing it was one of the worst performances ive seen in a while. He's lazy, his first touch is terrible and he clearly cant shoot

Pretty Boy
12-04-2015, 06:45 PM

Why did you put Fontaines name first?

Clearly highlighting that he's mixed race. Blatantly racist imo.

3pm
12-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Why did you put Fontaines name first?

Clearly highlighting that he's mixed race. Blatantly racist imo.

My surname is White?!

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-04-2015, 06:46 PM

Can't believe you give Fontaine as much credit as his fellow white defenders, we're all racist don't you know. :wink:

madhatter
12-04-2015, 06:48 PM

I really don't understand your problem. I'll be supporting Malonga as well. You cannot collectively call us all something then act as if we are in the wrong. Just to be 100% plain with you, I have been just as frustrated with Cummings as I have with Malonga. To this day, I've never booed a player that plays for Hibs, no matter what colour they are, what religion they are affiliated with, what they look like and for how bad they are as a player.

If I wanted to boo players on a weekly basis, I'd turn up at Tynecastle and just boo every time a player in maroon touches the ball. Nothing racial in that either, more a specific targeting for what club they are associated with.

I am partially with you on the exaggerated criticism for his run and shot. Cummings would have done the same if he was in Malonga's position. If he had hit the shot properly and burst the net then he would have been a hero. I also do not think we should be so easy to boo these players in the first place, compared to what we had under Fenlon and Butcher, these are much better players and/or same players but drastically improved. If Stubbs was in earlier and we didn't need a whole new team (pretty much), I think we would have challenged Hearts for title, most of our points were dropped in first few months.

kenny.ff
12-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Was never injuered in a million years. Sat on ground for about 45 secs like a school laddie. Not good enough, dont want to see him in a jersey again

hibsbollah
12-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Malonga is a good player who can score all kinds of goals.
Hes going through a bad run of form.
He made an atrocious decision today before getting an injury.

All the rest is pish and wind. Why any of us chooses to focus on Malonga rather than the magnificent Hanlon Fontaine Forster or El Alagui is mystifying.

McIntosh
12-04-2015, 07:03 PM
What was the injury and how serious is it?

Deansy
12-04-2015, 07:04 PM

Yeah, the Hibs-supporters are well-known as being the 'Milwall' of the Scottish game ..............

Sorry but your post isn't as much 'controversial', more just plain nonsense. I like Malonga, I really rate him as a player but today he showed he has no interest or desire in playing for Hibs and his colour has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Greentinted
12-04-2015, 07:05 PM
I don't post too much on here these days but I'm no having groundless accusations of racism and xenophobia flung around arbitrarily. I saw Dom Malonga have a bit of a 'mare this afternoon. Thankfully I also witnessed a gutsy, dare I say skilled and professional performance from his team-mates. I enjoyed a sense of togetherness emanating from the stands, and bichrist I saw an away team and support crestfallen and demolished.
I did not see nor hear any racist or xenophobic behaviour cos guess what, nobody really gives a toss what colour big Dom (or indeed any other bugger) is underneath the green!
Get a grip!

Jonnyboy
12-04-2015, 07:06 PM
I don't post too much on here these days but I'm no having groundless accusations of racism and xenophobia flung around arbitrarily. I saw Dom Malonga have a bit of a 'mare this afternoon. Thankfully I also witnessed a gutsy, dare I say skilled and professional performance from his team-mates. I enjoyed a sense of togetherness emanating from the stands, and bichrist I saw an away team and support crestfallen and demolished.
I did not see nor hear any racist or xenophobic behaviour cos guess what, nobody really gives a toss what colour big Dom (or indeed any other bugger) is underneath the green!
Get a grip!

:top marks

hibsbollah
12-04-2015, 07:10 PM
but today he showed he has no interest or desire in playing for Hibs.

How do you know this? Has Malonga wiped his erchie on the badge or something without me noticing :dunno:
I think some of us are going a bit:panic:

Fergos
12-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Malongas lost form and as a result confidence and his style whilst being the same as when he was scoring goals is now starting to irritate some of the support.

He needs his arse kicked and given a chance and our support if he doesn't take it then bye.

Great result the day, some outstanding performances, Forster my MOTM.

Hope all is Hibees enjoy our wee Party tonight.....!!

GGTTH

WestEndHibee
12-04-2015, 07:19 PM
How do you know this? Has Malonga wiped his erchie on the badge or something without me noticing :dunno:

I agree, this is mental!

From what I saw on Wednesday, malonga was dying to score in the short time he was on. Some of our fans are ridiculous in the abuse they give him when he's one of the main reasons we're still in with a shout of going up.

he wasn't right today and made a bad decision but the guy is a class player and shouldn't get the abuse he does.

JimBHibees
12-04-2015, 07:20 PM
I agree, this is mental!

From what I saw on Wednesday, malonga was dying to score in the short time he was on. Some of our fans are ridiculous in the abuse they give him when he's one of the main reasons we're still in with a shout of going up.

he wasn't right today and made a bad decision but the guy is a class player and shouldn't get the abuse he does.

Agree totally his decision was atrocious however he did well enough on the time he was on. Kept the ball well down the corner.

hibsbollah
12-04-2015, 07:25 PM
I agree, this is mental!

:agree:

Also, he was sprinting up to press the hearts defenders high up the park when he came on. The turning point was the wasted 3 on 2 when the heid went down.

Beefster
12-04-2015, 07:27 PM
The abuse that Malonga takes at ER because some experts in the support perceive him as lazy is a ****ing disgrace. No wonder his head's down.

tamig
12-04-2015, 07:27 PM
I agree, this is mental!

Agreed.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Poor decision from him today but lets move on and forget about it. Maybe he is just lacking in confidence and just needs a goal to start scoring consistently again like he was before he went to Africa.

He does seem lazy but as Stubbs says, we need to him for the striker he is. Malonga is a big reason why we are where we are due to his goals (Cummings also).

GGTTH

Deansy
12-04-2015, 07:31 PM

His 'body-language' said he wasn't interested and even the Sky-team couldn't find a clip of this 'injury'. As I've said, I really rate Malonga and although not exactly the most 'energetic' of players, his ball-control and the number of goals he's scored for us, makes him an asset - but, sadly, today he showed that for him - it's just another job' - and we don't need that at ER.

Beefster
12-04-2015, 07:32 PM
His 'body-language' said he wasn't interested and even the Sky-team couldn't find a clip of this 'injury'. As I've said, I really rate Malonga and although not exactly the most 'energetic' of players, his ball-control and the number of goals he's scored for us, makes him an asset - but, sadly, today he showed that for him - it's just another job' - and we don't need that at ER.

****ing hell, that's a corker of a set of assumptions to make from a mistake and an injury.

Thecat23
12-04-2015, 07:35 PM

Are you being serious? You are saying are support is racist towards our own player?

This is 100% the worst post I've read on here and that's saying something! Why would you say that??

Andy74
The abuse that Malonga takes at ER because some experts in the support perceive him as lazy is a ****ing disgrace. No wonder his head's down.

Agreed. He has been injured too and obviously struggling a bit.

But this is what we like to do to people we should be giving support to.

hibeesjoe
Absolute waste of a jersey. Don't think he has the heart, and if he leaves in the summer I won't be too fussed. Flatters to deceive looking at his goal scoring record. I wondered if it was more embarrassment than injury this afternoon for him too go off.

J-C
12-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Can't believe no one's mentioned Djedje who was good when he came on, not lazy and not greedy with his assisted pass, what's his ethnicity again?

God Petrie or whoever you really are, your posts are disgraceful and belong nowhere on this board.

Thecat23
12-04-2015, 07:38 PM
My surname is White?!

Mine too 😁

Thecat23
12-04-2015, 07:41 PM

As someone who is part of Hibs.net I'm offended, you've hurt my feelings that "the support" are laughing at me!

Ps... If you haven't noticed there is only one person everyone is laughing at! 😂

JimBHibees
12-04-2015, 07:41 PM

Agree totally some really need to wind the neck in.

Andy74
12-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Can't believe no one's mentioned Djedje who was good when he came on, not lazy and not greedy with his assisted pass, what's his ethnicity again?

God Petrie or whoever you really are, your posts are disgraceful and belong nowhere on this board.

It was his turn a few weeks ago though.

Thecat23
12-04-2015, 07:43 PM

He deserves credit for the ball over to Farrid. Looked fresh and lively! I'd start with him ahead of Malonga for the remaining games. Malonga seems to have dipped in form so I'd rest him!

JimBHibees
12-04-2015, 07:43 PM

Sky couldn't find a clip he probably pulled a muscle not something you are going to pick up on TV.

Thecat23
12-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Agree totally some really need to wind the neck in.

He's done very well for us this season, think he has lost his form a bit and maybe needs the rest!

DJ looked good when he he came on which was good!

GreenArmyyy!
12-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Get rid, he wasn't injured, he couldn't handle the pressure. I hate people getting on players back but feigning injury today was very cowardly.

JimBHibees
12-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Get rid, he wasn't injured, he couldn't handle the pressure. I hate people getting on players back but feigning injury today was very cowardly.

How can you possibly say he wasn't injured? Give the guy a break.

Andy74
12-04-2015, 07:47 PM
He deserves credit for the ball over to Farrid. Looked fresh and lively! I'd start with him ahead of Malonga for the remaining games. Malonga seems to have dipped in form so I'd rest him!

Have you changed your mind about Dje Dje then after a few minutes today?

Ronniekirk
12-04-2015, 07:47 PM
He has defo been out of sorts for a number of weeks now Longest spell without scoring and wonder if he has a niggling injury that is hampering him But agree his lack of work rate was evident when Farid was chasing and harrying and he isn't 100% match fit .
He doesn't look comfortable going into 50 /50 challenges But on form he offers us a different dimension .With gray and Watson and Robertson injured and Boyle cup tied we could do without further injuries to players as we need to have options .He is second top scorer but I would play Farid and Cummings if both fit based on today's performance

oconnors_strip
12-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Sky couldn't find a clip he probably pulled a muscle not something you are going to pick up on TV.

He got clattered on Both legs in the 84th minute. I'm watching the game again on tv. Looks a small thing but these small knocks can be sore.

JimBHibees
He's done very well for us this season, think he has lost his form a bit and maybe needs the rest!

DJ looked good when he he came on which was good!

Agree with that. Malonga has been injured and still IMO getting back to speed. He has quality though and can still be a decent player this season.

Thecat23
Have you changed your mind about Dje Dje then after a few minutes today?

I think after today's performance id go with him yeah. Nothing against Malonga as he's been very good but he looks like he's struggling a bit. He may well come good though.

Andy74
12-04-2015, 07:49 PM
I think after today's performance id go with him yeah. Nothing against Malonga as he's been very good but he looks like he's struggling a bit. He may well come good though.

We will need them all to play a part. Long way to go yet hopefully on all fronts!

Thecat23
12-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Agree with that. Malonga has been injured and still IMO getting back to speed. He has quality though and can still be a decent player this season.

Yeah he's defo still got it. The injury could well be causing his form to dip. Nothing wrong with giving him a rest until he feels fit enough. Either way he's been superb this season and scored some very important goals for us.

Thecat23
12-04-2015, 07:51 PM
We will need them all to play a part. Long way to go yet hopefully on all fronts!

Agree, long way to go and hopefully we are in a cup final after next week! Either way he's done great this season for us.

lord bunberry
12-04-2015, 07:54 PM
I sit in the FF lower and I was shocked to hear some of the things that were being shouted at Malonga when he was down injured. He got more abuse than any of the hearts players did.
This will be the first and last season I sit in the FF, I've never expirienced a more negative atmosphere watching football.

Allant1981
12-04-2015, 08:08 PM

Wtf has his skin colour got to do with anything, what he done was shocking, he should have played it through, or at least got his shot on target

DaveF
12-04-2015, 08:23 PM
I sit in the FF lower and I was shocked to hear some of the things that were being shouted at Malonga when he was down injured. He got more abuse than any of the hearts players did.
This will be the first and last season I sit in the FF, I've never expirienced a more negative atmosphere watching football.

While I don't know what was shouted (and I'm assuming it wasn't pleasant) I think some on here also need to remember this was a big derby game for us, with a 1 goal lead heading into the final minutes and he had earlier just made one of the worst decisions this season in passing up a chance to pass when team mates were better placed. Normally mild mannered half asleep people up in the WU were doing their dinger for minutes after his non pass so emotions were running very high.

It all worked out fine in the end, but Malonga made an erse of it, and will just have to suck it up and fight for his place in the team.

Heedersnvolleys
12-04-2015, 08:25 PM
I am told every time he has been told he is sub he goes ina big huff. I think the reaction of his team mates said it all when he was "injured" not one showed the slightest bit of concern

DaveF
12-04-2015, 08:31 PM

I think he's lazy. In fact, it's quite apparent from his last half a dozen games or so that's he's clearly not a hard working player and shirks putting in a shift. That said, maybe the experts that signed him don't want him to do that, I don't know.

He has good feet, but he does not hold it up well and he fails to win a fair share of high balls too. Simply put, I don't think he's cut out for the physical side of the game down where we are but we needed a striker, he came in and he done well originally but has tailed off significantly since his return from Africa. If his head is down, it's because he's put in a load of below par performances, lost confidence as a result and now, the fans are losing patience with him.

That's pretty much how it goes for football players at any club, not just here.

I hope he works hard and can contribute in the games we have left but he needs to show the fans his heart is in it. Right now, it isn't.

Mibbes Aye
12-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Has anyone shown Malonga's passing options weren't offside yet?

If not then why are folk wasting their time blaming him for making the wrong choice. Looks like he made the right choice.

And FFS, we pay him to be a striker, I'm happy for him to take his chances, score some and miss some. Stubbs will judge him and that's fine by me to be honest.

Pretty Boy
12-04-2015, 08:42 PM

If not then why are folk wasting their time blaming him for making the wrong choice. Looks like he made the right choice.

And FFS, we pay him to be a striker, I'm happy for him to take his chances, score some and miss some. Stubbs will judge him and that's fine by me to be honest.

There's highlights linked elsewhere on the board. Both optuons were well onside.

Tyler Durden
12-04-2015, 08:47 PM
It was his turn a few weeks ago though.

Yep, only a few weeks back we had DjeDje classed as pish, shouldn't play again etc

No doubt Malonga will get the same now albeit it was a really shocking decision. No reason he can't be the hero next week though

What a great position to have Cummings, Farid, Malonga, Boyle and Dje Dje all vying for games. Fantastic recruitment by Stubbs

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-04-2015, 08:49 PM

Truly despicable posting. Banter and wind-ups are one thing but you should be ashamed of yourself.

DaveF
12-04-2015, 08:51 PM

Shooting from 22yards (or more) or play in a team mate in a far better position? Sorry, it was 1000000% the wrong choice.

Now, if he pings in a 25 yarder to the win the SC then I may just forgive him :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
12-04-2015, 08:52 PM
There's highlights linked elsewhere on the board. Both optuons were well onside.

Nothing obvious, where are they?

But that's not the point is it?

Did Malonga think he was right to take the shot?

Waxy
12-04-2015, 08:52 PM
On a very good day for us, it's funny how alot of us are focusing on the only negative thing that happened today.

Billy Whizz
12-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Just watched the full game back again. Apart from his chance when he should have passed, his contribution wasn't as bad as I thought when I was there today. He got involved and held the ball up reasonably well.
We need Don back to his best, and it looks like Stubbs needs to work on him getting his confidence back.
If doesn't help him when every time he gets the ball, fans are screaming at him. A goal at Hampden in a good Hibs will help everyone

Mibbes Aye
12-04-2015, 08:55 PM
Shooting from 22yards (or more) or play in a team mate in a far better position? Sorry, it was 1000000% the wrong choice.

Now, if he pings in a 25 yarder to the win the SC then I may just forgive him :greengrin

I thought they looked offside.

If he thought they were offside, then he should have shot, shouldn't he?

Pretty Boy
12-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Nothing obvious, where are they?

But that's not the point is it?

Did Malonga think he was right to take the shot?

The thread titled highlights/interviews.

If he thought they were offside or he was right to shoot then it was poor decision making on his part.

I like Malonga and have defended him on here numerous times before but he made a poor choice today. Rush of blood to the head maybe.

bigwheel
12-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Truly despicable posting. Banter and wind-ups are one thing but you should be ashamed of yourself.

I disagree...I think there might be something in the point he is making ...