PDA

View Full Version : 20 shots, 5 on target today.

Spike Mandela
28-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Raith had 6 shots 4 on target. This has been the story of many of our poorer results this year.

Despite being a better Hibs team than we watched last season you still can't say hand on heart that you are confident of them going away to likes of Raith, Falkirk and QotS and getting a victory.

Hibs just need to settle down, don't panic and get the show back on the road and try and peak again for the playoffs. Doesn't matter if we are 2nd, 3rd or 4th, just get there.

The semi will hopefully take care of itself.

portyhibernian
28-03-2015, 05:18 PM
We'll be in the playoffs, no doubt about that. After the last 2 games I'm starting to worry how far we'll get though.

Bobby's Cinema
28-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Raith had 6 shots 4 on target. This has been the story of many of our poorer results this year.

Despite being a better Hibs team than we watched last season you still can't say hand on heart that you are confident of them going away to likes of Raith, Falkirk and QotS and getting a victory.

Hibs just need to settle down, don't panic and get the show back on the road and try and peak again for the playoffs. Doesn't matter if we are 2nd, 3rd or 4th, just get there.

The semi will hopefully take care of itself.
:confused: The target is and must be second place

NAE NOOKIE
28-03-2015, 05:35 PM
If we finish 3rd, to get promoted we will likely have to play QOTS or Falkirk then The Rangers followed by Motherwell or Ross County. If we are on anything but our very best form we will have a less than a 50/50 chance.

As many have said failure to go up will be bad enough, if the Zombies fail as well it will be a bloody disaster leaving us with the prospect of 3 seasons in this league :confused:

Sas_The_Hibby
28-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Stats are a funny thing. I'm aware that, by all accounts, we dominated the game but, whilst we 'beat' Raith 20-6 on shots, we only 'beat' them 5-4 on shots on target. If we have 20 shots should we not be getting more than 25% of them on target? :bitchy:

truehibernian
28-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Stats are a funny thing. I'm aware that, by all accounts, we dominated the game but, whilst we 'beat' Raith 20-6 on shots, we only 'beat' them 5-4 on shots on target. If we have 20 shots should we not be getting more than 25% of them on target? :bitchy:

Sam Stanton's free kick ended up in Methil, Robbo's shot Lochgelly !!

Only stats that count are goals - Hibs sadly today didn't change style and go more direct through the middle. Far too often (and predictably) it was one flank to other allowing Raith to hold their lines - need a player to really be dynamic and challenge those centre halves at times.

Thought Hibs were weak today defensively and far too susceptible to balls over the top.

First goal a combination of Dylan and Sam being weak - second would have to see again but Oxley should have done better !

Really poor today, a game I just never had the feeling we'd win.

Alan62
28-03-2015, 06:42 PM
We had a lot of chances in the game. We dominated possession and Raith's midfield and defence sat in tight and hit us on the break. Sure we should have won the game but we didn't. Sure we need to improve the chances to goals ratio but a lot of our chances come to guys who aren't in the habit of scoring regularly (hence the very broad distribution of goals around the team). Hibs are a work in progress under Stubbs. A massive step up on last season and still battling for success on two fronts at this stage in the season. Get behind the team.

Smartie
28-03-2015, 06:54 PM
I wasn't at the game today but heard Stubbs' interview after the game where he mentioned the number of balls flashed across the box. These never get counted as shots on or off target but are chances imo.

The number of balls across the box with nobody breaking their neck to get on the end of has driven me nuts in recent weeks. I thought we were getting better when Cummings seemed to be adding the odd tap-in to his game.

We have 5 senior strikers and some younger lads out on loan. Whilst all of our strikers add something to our game we don't seem to have that penalty box striker that can get on the end of a chance and that is the type that we really need right now.

I don't care if they are hard-working or lazy, just that they are there to do what they need to do.

To think of some of the poor buggers that we've written off in recent years in spite of having had little/no service too.

Maybe Farid will be the man when he gets fully fit?

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 06:58 PM
We could have 100 shots at goal but if we don't score they count for nothing.

Turkish Green
28-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Here is my worry: at end of March last year we went to the PBS for the relegation Derby and ended up getting relegated ourselves. It turned out to be a horrendous run-in to the end of the season. I fear that we will get beat by Falkirk and then self destruct.

This season has been far better than I envisaged at the start of it. I hope it does not end in disappointment.

givescotlandfreedom
28-03-2015, 07:28 PM
We had the chances today. I can't believe Gray's two absolute sitters. I felt if we'd had someone else up front from the start we'd have probably got the points today.

Hiber-nation
28-03-2015, 07:34 PM
I wasn't at the game today but heard Stubbs' interview after the game where he mentioned the number of balls flashed across the box. These never get counted as shots on or off target but are chances imo.

The number of balls across the box with nobody breaking their neck to get on the end of has driven me nuts in recent weeks. I thought we were getting better when Cummings seemed to be adding the odd tap-in to his game.

Malonga the main culprit, diabolical for a striker. Linked play well in the first half but absolutely no killer instinct to get in front of his man.

truehibernian
28-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Malonga the main culprit, diabolical for a striker. Linked play well in the first half but absolutely no killer instinct to get in front of his man.

Bang on but not just today either - if we insist on playing one flank to the other and stretching sides, then you need front men who are willing to bust a gut to get into that box.

Today I lost count of how many times Malonga was outside the box at crucial times - at one point first half he was chasing back from right midfield.

If we play Fyvie, Allan, Robbo and McGeouch then out those four I'd like to see McGeouch be the driver the and central mid who takes their defence on at pace - leaving Dom to be in that box or on the edge. Again today he dropped deeper and deeper, or the opposite, as miles away from the midfield when we attacked. Gray, when he hit the post, had bust a gut to drive on and shoot......there was not one Hibs player who showed the same enthusiasm to get there so it could have been a tap in. He was very unlucky with the header off the bar.

One thing I have noticed last two games is teams doubling up and pressing Lewis. Today his outball was nearly always up the line or checking inside. We have to have a front two (or three) who press oppostion defenders and make them defend or think about defending. Too often we allow teams to receive the ball, turn, run into space......they then press higher up the park. If you press them all over the pitch they become disorganised - we seem to have slowed the pace down, or should I say, we play too square and 'side to side' - we need to mix things up again in games for me.

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2015, 07:51 PM

Waiting on ball arriving, as opposed to making a dash.....Frustrating to see