PDA

View Full Version : We won't go up!

SteveHFC
28-03-2015, 04:53 PM
We won't go up if we keep on losing games like today!

Dalianwanda
28-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Stating the obvious.....However ever if we play better and win all our games we will :wink:

skipster7
28-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Thanks for clearing that up !

Biggie

Bed wetter :greengrin

Sorry mate always fancied saying that.....but I'll join you in that soaking bed as I agree with you....

bingo70
Stating the obvious.....However ever if we play better and win all our games we will :wink:

I wasn't there today but from the updates we played well and created lots of chances!

We won't go up if we don't take our chances though abd that's been our problem all season.

easty
28-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Obv if we lose games we won't go up. But we still can and we're as good as the rest.

Beefster
http://i.giphy.com/5AN3sz5GBC55m.gif

SteveHFC

Sorry mate always fancied saying that.....but I'll join you in that soaking bed as I agree with you....

Was waiting on someone calling me that ;-)

Pete
Look at me.

Phil D. Rolls
28-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Oh dear, things were going so well around here too.

Greenblood70
28-03-2015, 05:05 PM
How we never won that game from listening to the commentary today I don't know. A mixture of bad luck (in hitting the woodwork 3 times) and ultimately leaving the back door open in naïve fashion.

It was never going to be easy to go up thru the playoffs imo - however we have the quality, we need to organise ourselves better and get the mental side right quickly. Its still very possible, all is not lost by any means.

Dalianwanda
28-03-2015, 05:06 PM
I wasn't there today but from the updates we played well and created lots of chances!

We won't go up if we don't take our chances though abd that's been our problem all season.

Yeah fair point, from the stats it looks like we had most of the game (and the updates on here)..So if we played better in the area of taking our chances :wink:

Mango Man
28-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Yup, agree 100% we won't go up, it was always gonna be too big an ask to get through all the play off games, Hibs would never win them all, not a bedwetter, just years of supporting Hibs will back this up, it's all about that cup run for us now.

J-C
28-03-2015, 05:13 PM
This isn't the 1st bad loss after dominating a game this season, we've also dropped plenty due to draws, Cummins is a natural scorer, Malonga is not, simple as that and you CANNOT play Malonga as the main man up top on his own, he's not strong enough and negates his ability to bring others into the game.

Alfred E Newman
28-03-2015, 05:14 PM

How long did it take you to work that out? Stupid post.

Onion
28-03-2015, 05:20 PM
The only possible good thing that might come from today (and last week) is that the media, Huns and everyone else will now start to think it's job done and that 2nd spot and probably promotion is a forgone conclusion for McCall and Huns.

McCall will be lauded in the media and Hibs tagged as bottle merchant imposters. It's game over for Hibs :wink:

As we all know, Hibs are MUCH better as underdogs than faves so maybe, just maybe, we can regroup, stay below the radar and then shock the hell out of the Huns when we meet them again in the POs ? Hibs have not become a talentless bunch of no-hopers overnight. We've not lost any players through injury or suspension. The Huns have the same dross they've had all season. This is confidence issue.

Plenty time for Stubbs to stabilise the ship and go again ! Have faith, this ain't over yet - just don't try tell the media or Huns that :greengrin

Peevemor
28-03-2015, 05:22 PM
I really get the impression that there are some on here that can't wait for something to go wrong so that they can start bumping their gums.

The whole club is currently a work in progress. There have been improvements all over the place, most importantly on the football side. Alan Stubbs, his assistants and the squad have been doing the biz consistently for months now. Yes there will be the odd disappointing game or result, but only a total idiot will fail to see (or choose to ignore) that things are going in the right direction.

Bed wetters GTF!

Bobby's Cinema
28-03-2015, 05:23 PM
The moment I started to believe it could happen, we lose two on the bounce.

Finishing second really is vital

HibsNutter
28-03-2015, 05:24 PM
If we don't finish second we won't go up, imo. Whoever finishes second between us and Rangers will go up and we have handed them a massive opportunity today.

Onion
28-03-2015, 05:26 PM
If we don't finish second we won't go up, imo. Whoever finishes second between us and Rangers will go up and we have handed them a massive opportunity today.

IMO that's bollocks :na na:

Pretty Boy
28-03-2015, 05:29 PM
We can still go up but we need to get the fingers out sharpish.

The last 2 weeks have been real sucker punches and at the business end of the season it's nowehere near good enough.

HibsNutter
28-03-2015, 05:30 PM
IMO that's bollocks :na na:
:aok:

Andy74
28-03-2015, 05:32 PM
This isn't the 1st bad loss after dominating a game this season, we've also dropped plenty due to draws, Cummins is a natural scorer, Malonga is not, simple as that and you CANNOT play Malonga as the main man up top on his own, he's not strong enough and negates his ability to bring others into the game.

Did you see the game? Malonga was excellent in the first half in particular and worked very hard. Cummings coming on made no odds.

I like Cummings too but I think to say Malongs isn't a natural scorer with his record so far is absurd.

Cummings has also been injured so that would be a factor in him not starting.

zlatan
28-03-2015, 05:32 PM
2nd really is imperative imo. I trust us a lot more to up our game and beat Rangers and 11th in SPL than I do to win against a Falkirk or QotS.

Phil D. Rolls
28-03-2015, 05:33 PM
The only possible good thing that might come from today (and last week) is that the media, Huns and everyone else will now start to think it's job done and that 2nd spot and probably promotion is a forgone conclusion for McCall and Huns.

McCall will be lauded in the media and Hibs tagged as bottle merchant imposters. It's game over for Hibs :wink:

As we all know, Hibs are MUCH better as underdogs than faves so maybe, just maybe, we can regroup, stay below the radar and then shock the hell out of the Huns when we meet them again in the POs ? Hibs have not become a talentless bunch of no-hopers overnight. We've not lost any players through injury or suspension. The Huns have the same dross they've had all season. This is confidence issue.

Plenty time for Stubbs to stabilise the ship and go again ! Have faith, this ain't over yet - just don't try tell the media or Huns that :greengrin

I think it's a mistake to disregard Falkirk, QOTS and even Raith. Our results against them kind of point to where we are, at the moment.

We are a big enough club to build on what's been put in place this year.

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2015, 05:33 PM
We had to hit a wee bad spell at some point, but we need to put it right next game. A loss of confidence now would be fatal, ahead of the play offs.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2015, 05:52 PM
We had to hit a wee bad spell at some point, but we need to put it right next game. A loss of confidence now would be fatal, ahead of the play offs.

I was personally hoping we'd had it.

Bobo
28-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Clearly the failure of finishing 3rd or 4th in this p!sh poor league is an insignificance compared to the opportunity of gaining additional revenue from any unwanted extra playoff game! :rolleyes:

Lack of mental fortitude and ambition has blighted this club for decades and sadly there's little evidence of anything changing anytime soon!

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 05:57 PM

Correct! Said we wouldn't go up from day 1. Season starting to implode. The players need to get their act together and quick. Expect hearts to field a weakened team in the game in hand as they give young laddies a run out now the league is over.

NAE NOOKIE
28-03-2015, 05:58 PM
Put yer hands over yer eyes and pray ......... we can still do this. All we are losing with results like this is the opportunity to avoid 2 more play off games. I'm not pretending that Hibs would be favourites to come through 3 ties. But there is no team we will come up against who we aren't capable of beating.

Foooooookiiing C'mom !!!!

:flag:

Pete
28-03-2015, 05:59 PM
I actually think our run in is easier than theirs.

All is not lost as far as second is concerned.

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 05:59 PM

Self destruct button has been pushed in the last two games. Blown a six point league without showing any fight.

HiBremian
28-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Clearly the failure of finishing 3rd or 4th in this p!sh poor league is an insignificance compared to the opportunity of gaining additional revenue from any unwanted extra playoff game! :rolleyes:

Lack of mental fortitude and ambition has blighted this club for decades and sadly there's little evidence of anything changing anytime soon!

Relax, folks, it's just another financial business plan from the Tache :idea:

oneone73
28-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Self destruct button has been pushed in the last two games. Blown a six point league without showing any fight.

We had plenty fight today.

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 06:16 PM
We had plenty fight today.

After the second goal we didn't really have another chance. Had we taken our first half chances we would have hammered them. To lax in front of goal. Grays miss at the back stick was a shocker.

matty_f
28-03-2015, 06:16 PM
self destruct button has been pushed in the last two games. Blown a six point league without showing any fight.

ffs.

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 06:21 PM
ffs.

What now? We showed nothing against rangers and today while we had plenty possession we didn't take chances which was our downfall and has been all season.

Speedy
28-03-2015, 06:22 PM
This season was always about hitting form at the right time (the play offs) and still is.

What we've done for the last 6 months is almost irrelevant.

ancient hibee
28-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Rangers will lose both their games against Hearts-they were sweating today until the very end.

SunshineOnLeith
28-03-2015, 06:32 PM
I don't see Hibs putting 6 'big-game' performances together in a row, and that's what promotion through the playoffs will require.

ancient hibee
28-03-2015, 06:33 PM
I don't see Hibs putting 6 'big-game' performances together in a row, and that's what promotion through the playoffs will require.

Quite right it's not as if we've actually been doing that this season is it?

Beefster
28-03-2015, 06:35 PM

That's guff. Different circumstances, I know but Hamilton got promoted by winning 2, drawing 1 and losing 1 of their playoff games.

Cod Boy
28-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Rangers will lose both their games against Hearts-they were sweating today until the very end.

Every chance Hearts will come to Easter Road and turn Hibs over

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Despite last week's poor performance, I'm convinced we're better than Rangers; yet we'll need to enter the play offs with momentum, if we're to have a chance. It's no good staggering into them on the back of a bad run. Form can't be switched on overnight.

leggeto
28-03-2015, 06:43 PM
We will go up,because over two legs I fancy us to take any team in this league and the 2nd bottom of SPL
It will be close though

ancient hibee
28-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Every chance Hearts will come to Easter Road and turn Hibs over

That would still be a gain of 3 points against Rangers.

Cod Boy
28-03-2015, 06:49 PM
That would still be a gain of 3 points against Rangers.

Yeah if Hibs win when they two play each other

emerald green
28-03-2015, 06:51 PM

I wouldn't bet on that. The Rangers scored three goals near the end today and significantly cut the GD between themselves and Hibs down to 2.

GD might yet decide who ends up 2nd and who ends up 3rd.

Hiber-nation
28-03-2015, 06:58 PM

Mental fortitude and ambition? In the past, yes but today was all about most of our chances falling to a full back. We played as well as we have done all season.

Hiber-nation
28-03-2015, 07:00 PM

Absolute complete and utter bollox. Were you at the game?

emerald green
28-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Mental fortitude and ambition? In the past, yes but today was all about most of our chances falling to a full back. We played as well as we have done all season.

I wasn't at today's game so I'll take your word for that, yet Hibs still lost. That's the problem.

Hiber-nation
28-03-2015, 07:04 PM
I wasn't at today's game so I'll take your word for that, yet Hibs still lost. That's the problem.

Applauded of the park after a defeat to Raith Rovers, yep we played very well. All down to finishing.

rotherhamrob
28-03-2015, 07:08 PM
I think some people need to calm down a bit, at the end of the day, even if we had won our last 2 games then we still wouldn't have won anything. The time to complain would be if we perform poorly in the play offs not now when nothing is decided and as has already been said I would fancy us against anyone in a 2 leg play off.

Hermit Crab
28-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Absolute complete and utter bollox. Were you at the game?

Aye. Were you?

Hiber-nation
28-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Aye. Were you?

Of course. Can you really say we didn't "fight" today? Totally dominated, the defeat was all down to finishing, nothing to do with fight..

Smartie
28-03-2015, 07:14 PM
This season was always about hitting form at the right time (the play offs) and still is.

Absolutely spot on.

But that time is now.

It is not all over until the final whistle of the final game and until then we need to give it absolutely everything.

We need to treat every chance like it is the one that must be taken to get us up, every tackle, every block, every clearance, every ball into the box.

We are where we are and there is still loads to play for.

Even if we lose the semi.

Even if we don't finish second.

Even if we lose a goal or a game in the playoffs, it will still be possible.

But we have to realise that it will be easier for us in future if we get as much done as early as possible.

There needs to be no more pi55ing about.

emerald green
28-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Applauded of the park after a defeat to Raith Rovers, yep we played very well. All down to finishing.

An all too familiar excuse for too many defeats and/or draws this season unfortunately. That's why many Hibs supporters / fans fear they won't go up this season.

Finishing is one of the most important parts of any successful team. Me personally, I would put it no better than 50/50 that Hibs will go up after the last two results. I hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.

Smartie
28-03-2015, 07:23 PM

We also lost 2 goals.

If we'd kept a shutout then we'd have won the game.

But I get your point that the main reason we didn't win the game was the finishing.

I think it has been the double whammy of missing countless chances and giving away cheap goals that has cost us throughout the season. But mainly the finishing because if we took more of our chances then it wouldn't matter if we gave away a cheap goal at the end because we'd be out of sight.

Dalianwanda
28-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Absolutely spot on.

But that time is now.

It is not all over until the final whistle of the final game and until then we need to give it absolutely everything.

We need to treat every chance like it is the one that must be taken to get us up, every tackle, every block, every clearance, every ball into the box.

We are where we are and there is still loads to play for.

Even if we lose the semi.

Even if we don't finish second.

Even if we lose a goal or a game in the playoffs, it will still be possible.

But we have to realise that it will be easier for us in future if we get as much done as early as possible.

There needs to be no more pi55ing about.

I wasn't there today but doesn't sound like we were pissing about..

emerald green
28-03-2015, 07:31 PM

No it wasn't. It was about hitting the ground running right from the word go, and keeping it going. That's how you win league titles.

That was never likely to happen at Hibs given the shambles the club was in following the club's disastrous relegation, and so it has turned out.

AS and his team have done well to repair some of the damage in a relatively short period of time. Whether it will be enough to gain promotion this season currently hangs in the balance.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-03-2015, 07:36 PM

...And everyone in the meeting swivelled round in to thank him for his startling insight...

Hibs online community knee-jerk passes the weekly inspection for the end of March...
proceed to April and doom and gloom starting with the Falkirk semi pre and post for double measure.

and so Groundhog Day returns...

Smartie
28-03-2015, 07:37 PM
No it wasn't. It was about hitting the ground running right from the word go, and keeping it going. That's how you win league titles.

That was never likely to happen at Hibs given the shambles the club was in following the club's disastrous relegation, and so it has turned out.

AS and his team have done well to repair some of the damage in a relatively short period of time. Whether it will be enough to gain promotion this season currently hangs in the balance.

Winning the title was never going to be realistic for the reasons you mentioned. We realised that within about a month of the season started and had to adjust our goals accordingly.

The second prize behind that is going up via the playoffs. Even that was going to be a tough task given the other teams in the league this year, but would still be a magnificent achievement.

We got ourselves into a great position and we've stuttered but it can still be turned around.

If you look at the playoffs down South it is amazing how often it is the form team and not necessarily the one who finishes the highest (or who has played the best over the course over the entire season) who goes up.

Swedish hibee
28-03-2015, 07:54 PM
I Love Hibs, the drama each season is incredible. No other club in the world gives there fans this year in year out... :no way::dead:

Forza Fred
28-03-2015, 08:02 PM
We will go up,because over two legs I fancy us to take any team in this league and the 2nd bottom of SPL
It will be close though

Hate to disagree with a family member, but I just still don't think we have the mental toughness to do this..especially when Rangers are likely to be involved.

Hope I'm wrong and if I am will buy you a pint for every goal we score in the play offs, when I'm over in August.

emerald green
28-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Winning the title was never going to be realistic for the reasons you mentioned. We realised that within about a month of the season started and had to adjust our goals accordingly.

The second prize behind that is going up via the playoffs. Even that was going to be a tough task given the other teams in the league this year, but would still be a magnificent achievement.

We got ourselves into a great position and we've stuttered but it can still be turned around.

If you look at the playoffs down South it is amazing how often it is the form team and not necessarily the one who finishes the highest (or who has played the best over the course over the entire season) who goes up.

Yes it can be turned around, and Hibs can go up via the play-offs. I'm not saying they can't. I'm just not convinced they will, because of results like today.

Even dominating some matches, like today as has been reported, Hibs far too often contrive to draw or lose. What if they contrive to do that in the play-offs? As I said, I feel it hangs in the balance at the moment.

Turning now to your other point. I agree that has happened in the play-offs in England. I'm not sure that Hibs are actually the form team at the moment though, having lost their last two matches. They didn't look particularly convincing either in winning their previous 3 games against Cowdenbeath (0-2), Livingston (2-1) or Alloa (0-1) IMO.

I think the momentum has swung in The Huns favour at the moment I hate to say. I'll probably get slaughtered for saying that I suppose, but I'm just trying to be realistic. Hibs, on their day, are the better of the two teams, but that sadly may not be enough. Time will tell. I hope I'm wrong.

silverhibee
28-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Look at me.

What you doing.

leggeto
28-03-2015, 08:39 PM
Hate to disagree with a family member, but I just still don't think we have the mental toughness to do this..especially when Rangers are likely to be involved.

Hope I'm wrong and if I am will buy you a pint for every goal we score in the play offs, when I'm over in August.

Sound like a deal Fred,I rekon it will be close and the bums will be squeaking but we will see it through

Smartie
28-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Yes it can be turned around, and Hibs can go up via the play-offs. I'm not saying they can't. I'm just not convinced they will, because of results like today.

Even dominating some matches, like today as has been reported, Hibs far too often contrive to draw or lose. What if they contrive to do that in the play-offs? As I said, I feel it hangs in the balance at the moment.

Turning now to your other point. I agree that has happened in the play-offs in England. I'm not sure that Hibs are actually the form team at the moment though, having lost their last two matches. They didn't look particularly convincing either in winning their previous 3 games against Cowdenbeath (0-2), Livingston (2-1) or Alloa (0-1) IMO.

I think the momentum has swung in The Huns favour at the moment I hate to say. I'll probably get slaughtered for saying that I suppose, but I'm just trying to be realistic. Hibs, on their day, are the better of the two teams, but that sadly may not be enough. Time will tell. I hope I'm wrong.

I actually agree with every part of every point you make.

I'm concerned. I wasn't getting too carried away when we were doing well because there were still enough signs of sloppiness in there to suggest that we could still take a turn for the worse again. I took comfort from games early in the season when we dominated but didn't take our chances, mainly because it was such an improvement on last year but also because it is something that we could easily build on as the season goes on. It is concerning that we're still having days like this, that we're still dropping off in the second half of games (I don't know if we did that today) but there is a complacency and a carelessness about us that bugs me.

Equally, even now we've had a couple of poor results there have been positives to take so I'm not exactly slitting my wrists yet either.

The biggest positive is that the season isn't over (the way some are speaking you would think it was). We are absolutely not the form team right now and the momentum is with The Rangers. But how many times has that momentum swung back and forth over the course of the season already? It can so again, and we have some huge games (the derby and semi in particular) that could give us a huge boost in terms of our momentum going into the playoffs.

We may yet iron these problems out, pick our form up, go into the playoffs after finishing second (or third or fourth) perform well and get promoted. But we are running out of time a bit and I'm wondering (as you are) if we have what it takes whilst not ruling us out.

emerald green
28-03-2015, 08:52 PM
I actually agree with every part of every point you make.

I'm concerned. I wasn't getting too carried away when we were doing well because there were still enough signs of sloppiness in there to suggest that we could still take a turn for the worse again. I took comfort from games early in the season when we dominated but didn't take our chances, mainly because it was such an improvement on last year but also because it is something that we could easily build on as the season goes on. It is concerning that we're still having days like this, that we're still dropping off in the second half of games (I don't know if we did that today) but there is a complacency and a carelessness about us that bugs me.

Equally, even now we've had a couple of poor results there have been positives to take so I'm not exactly slitting my wrists yet either.

The biggest positive is that the season isn't over (the way some are speaking you would think it was). We are absolutely not the form team right now and the momentum is with The Rangers. But how many times has that momentum swung back and forth over the course of the season already? It can so again, and we have some huge games (the derby and semi in particular) that could give us a huge boost in terms of our momentum going into the playoffs.

We may yet iron these problems out, pick our form up, go into the playoffs after finishing second (or third or fourth) perform well and get promoted. But we are running out of time a bit and I'm wondering (as you are) if we have what it takes whilst not ruling us out.

Yep, I agree. Your last sentence, in bold, is pretty much how I feel at the moment.

I also feel massively frustrated because Hibs really should have had 2nd place more or less wrapped up by now, albeit getting 2nd place guarantees nothing of course.

Ronniekirk
28-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Yep, I agree. Your last sentence, in bold, is pretty much how I feel at the moment.

I also feel massively frustrated because Hibs really should have had 2nd place more or less wrapped up by now, albeit getting 2nd place guarantees nothing of course.
Teams are happy to let us have lots of possession as they know we are not consistently clinical in front of goal and that we are also liable to leak a late goal .its a double whammy .
We are going to have to learn to mix it up in games or tactically we are easy to read . Granted on another day we may have won this game comfortably ,but and its a big but ,today we didn't

truehibernian
28-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Teams are happy to let us have lots of possession as they know we are not consistently clinical in front of goal and that we are also liable to leak a late goal .its a double whammy .
We are going to have to learn to mix it up in games or tactically we are easy to read . Granted on another day we may have won this game comfortably ,but and its a big but ,today we didn't

Especially when the possession becomes quite predictable as it has the past few games.

Teams know the ball will go from one side to the other relatively quickly but square........Hibs look to penetrate down each flank. When they bring it inside, the midfield is congested - we don't have a player or players at present who seem willing to drive into the box, force a challenge or a rash tackle, or indeed have a pop at goal.

So many shots today from outside the box were closed down, pace taken off the ball with a leg out, or way off target. Don't know why Scott Allan was given corners when Sam put one right on Fonts noggen last time he played too :rolleyes:

emerald green
28-03-2015, 09:42 PM

:agree: The bit in bold. To get out of this league Hibs need to eradicate both of these failings, i.e. not taking enough of the chances created, and conceding late goals. It's stating the obvious, but the best teams take a high percentage of their chances and don't concede sloppy late goals!

Maybe Hibs just haven't got enough players of the required quality? (Hibs had got some very good players BTW, before I get shot down) Top strikers cost a lot of money of course. If Hibs are stuck in this league for much longer, where is the money going to magically come from to acquire players of that quality? Even if Hibs did have that sort of money (I doubt it though) why would players like that want to play in this cr** league anyway?

I also wonder how many points Hibs have lost this season as a result of conceding goals in the last 10/15 minutes of matches?

overdrive
28-03-2015, 09:43 PM
I think it's 50-50 whether we'll go up. What I'm more worried about is if Rangers are in the playoff final. I don't think they'll go up. In which case there's a very strong possibility we'll be down here not only for another season but two

jacomo
29-03-2015, 12:47 AM
:agree: The bit in bold. To get out of this league Hibs need to eradicate both of these failings, i.e. not taking enough of the chances created, and conceding late goals. It's stating the obvious, but the best teams take a high percentage of their chances and don't concede sloppy late goals!

Maybe Hibs just haven't got enough players of the required quality? (Hibs had got some very good players BTW, before I get shot down) Top strikers cost a lot of money of course. If Hibs are stuck in this league for much longer, where is the money going to magically come from to acquire players of that quality? Even if Hibs did have that sort of money (I doubt it though) why would players like that want to play in this cr** league anyway?

I also wonder how many points Hibs have lost this season as a result of conceding goals in the last 10/15 minutes of matches?

We've got 3 strikers we know can score goals in this League. The problem is having 2 out injured at the same time.

In defence we strengthened the squad in Jan but don't seem to have improved.

Unseen work
29-03-2015, 12:51 AM
This really enfuriates me, we have been really good all season and have demolished rangers 3 times, all of a sudden the fans start saying how bad we are and we wont go up, then they wonder why the players look short of confidence

Jim44
29-03-2015, 01:23 AM
This really enfuriates me, we have been really good all season and have demolished rangers 3 times, all of a sudden the fans start saying how bad we are and we wont go up, then they wonder why the players look short of confidence

Confidence comes from the action of the players; it does not come from the wishes or desires of the fans. Our players are not good enough to take us where we want to go.

J-C
29-03-2015, 01:53 AM
Did you see the game? Malonga was excellent in the first half in particular and worked very hard. Cummings coming on made no odds.

I like Cummings too but I think to say Malongs isn't a natural scorer with his record so far is absurd.

Cummings has also been injured so that would be a factor in him not starting.

I've seen enough of Malonga to know he's not the man to lead the line on his own, he's done well( pretty well ) in a 2 with Cummings but he aint a striker who would worry defenders on his own up front. Our main problem is we have no killer instict, Cummings has but is still raw, Farid is a natural striker and can play on his own and we missed him badly, Malonga was only brought in to cover Farid but they are totally different.

Our big bonus and our big problem is the same thing, midfield.

We have 3 good passing midfielders who all like to play quick balls in nice wee triangles but we have no one capable of scoring 10-12 goals a season for us from midfield, there's sometimes no end product after all the lovely wee passing moves, this has to change and another different midfielder brought in.

hibee92
29-03-2015, 03:24 AM

Thought we still had a chance. Gutted now. Cheers for letting us know.

Smartie
29-03-2015, 04:23 AM
I've seen enough of Malonga to know he's not the man to lead the line on his own, he's done well( pretty well ) in a 2 with Cummings but he aint a striker who would worry defenders on his own up front. Our main problem is we have no killer instict, Cummings has but is still raw, Farid is a natural striker and can play on his own and we missed him badly, Malonga was only brought in to cover Farid but they are totally different.

Our big bonus and our big problem is the same thing, midfield.

We have 3 good passing midfielders who all like to play quick balls in nice wee triangles but we have no one capable of scoring 10-12 goals a season for us from midfield, there's sometimes no end product after all the lovely wee passing moves, this has to change and another different midfielder brought in.

I have to say that I agree with this and I can't quite get my head around it.

I think Stubbs did very well to discover the diamond earlier this season as it suited our players at the time. And there can be no doubting that we have some very talented midfielders at the club.

As a team I actually think that we looked better with Handling and Craig in the side than we have recently. I couldn't begin to argue that they are better players than Allan, McGeoch or Fyvie but that's just the way it has looked to me.

Playing Malonga up top on his own clearly didn't work either. He is a good player, but a lot of his best work comes outside the box. He is a player who HAS TO have someone playing up there with him who will gamble and make the runs into the box.

I don't buy into the theory that if you are struggling to score then it must be the strikers and if you are leaking goals then it must be the defence/goalkeeper.

Ok, we created 20 chances. But were they the type of chance that we were ever going to take?

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 07:19 AM
...And everyone in the meeting swivelled round in to thank him for his startling insight...

Hibs online community knee-jerk passes the weekly inspection for the end of March...
proceed to April and doom and gloom starting with the Falkirk semi pre and post for double measure.

and so Groundhog Day returns...

Ah the good old "knee jerk" statement!! Not like the folk who were concerned last season were right or anything. Every week it was.. God here comes the knee jerk reaction folk should calm down! Mmm remind me again what happened last season??

People are just slightly worried Hibs may blow this and quite Frankly I'm one of them. I hope to god we beat Falkirk so we get a real lift and then I'll just hope for the best.

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 07:21 AM

Hibs aren't a bad side, far from it. But do we have it in our locker to go up? That remains to be seen. The Rangers have a manager who is already getting them fitter so it will be difficult to beat them if we get past Falkirk or QOS. It's not impossible but very tough.

drumatic44
29-03-2015, 07:26 AM
Got a horrible feeling that the season is going to implode !!
We get to the cup final v. Celtic we play well, Griffiths scores a late winner, and has to be lead off in tears.
We meet the Orcs in the play offs, again we play well, and they get a scrambled og. in the 7th. minute of injury time !!
It's the Hibs way !!
Mais Zoot Alors, Allez les Vertes Originales !!

Beefster
29-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Ah the good old "knee jerk" statement!! Not like the folk who were concerned last season were right or anything. Every week it was.. God here comes the knee jerk reaction folk should calm down! Mmm remind me again what happened last season??

People are just slightly worried Hibs may blow this and quite Frankly I'm one of them. I hope to god we beat Falkirk so we get a real lift and then I'll just hope for the best.

Just because folk have predicted relegation every month for the last five years and eventually got it right doesn't mean that they're some sort of Nostradamus or were right to overreact to every defeat.

Folk were predicting certain relegation during the Calderwood/Fenlon season with probably even more intensity than last season and they were wrong.

Andy74
29-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Hibs aren't a bad side, far from it. But do we have it in our locker to go up? That remains to be seen. The Rangers have a manager who is already getting them fitter so it will be difficult to beat them if we get past Falkirk or QOS. It's not impossible but very tough.

Might be a bit easier if we were all behind them? Having a group of people who want to cheerlead defeatism at every disappointment is working against us.

It's self fulfilling some of the time. You quite aggressively hounded Fenlon on here. We did the same with other managers and players. We are where we are now due to some of those things.

We have what we have now until the season ends. Rounding on everything now does no good whatsoever.

If we don't achieve what we want then fire away, let's not sabotage the thing whilst we are still in there on a couple of fronts.

blackpoolhibs
29-03-2015, 09:55 AM
Might be a bit easier if we were all behind them? Having a group of people who want to cheerlead defeatism at every disappointment is working against us.

It's self fulfilling some of the time. You quite aggressively hounded Fenlon on here. We did the same with other managers and players. We are where we are now due to some of those things.

We have what we have now until the season ends. Rounding on everything now does no good whatsoever.

If we don't achieve what we want then fire away, let's not sabotage the thing whilst we are still in there on a couple of fronts.

So basically what you are saying Andy, is don't talk about your real feelings on a fans message board.

Jim44
29-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Just because folk have predicted relegation every month for the last five years and eventually got it right doesn't mean that they're some sort of Nostradamus or were right to overreact to every defeat.

Folk were predicting certain relegation during the Calderwood/Fenlon season with probably even more intensity than last season and they were wrong.

Fair enough, but the one's who insisted with great intensity that we would never be relegated last season were miles off the mark. This a forum where folk state their honest opinions and if others don't like it, tough. Calling people stupid names because they disagree with a certain viewpoint is pathetic. No optimistic jingoism will persuade me that we will shine in the playoffs.

emerald green
29-03-2015, 10:11 AM

Sorry mate, but the bit in bold is just not correct. Hibs haven't been "really good" all season.

For example, Hibs lost 3 out of their first 4 league matches, only winning one of those via a freak goal from our goalkeeper. Out of 30 league matches played so far it's W16 L7 D7. In other words, Hibs have won just over half their league matches, in the Championship. This is not La Liga.

I've said before that AS and his team deserve much credit for the improvements that have taken place on and off the pitch since they took over. Things surely could not have got worse? They have repaired quite a lot of the damage they were left to sort out from the shambles the club was in following relegation, but there is still a lot of work to be done IMO. I honestly think AS himself knows that.

PS: If Hibs have been really good all season, why would the players look short of confidence?

Mikey
29-03-2015, 10:20 AM

Spot on sir.

J-C
29-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Sorry mate, but the bit in bold is just not correct. Hibs haven't been "really good" all season.

For example, Hibs lost 3 out of their first 4 league matches, only winning one of those via a freak goal from our goalkeeper. Out of 30 league matches played so far it's W16 L7 D7. In other words, Hibs have won just over half their league matches, in the Championship. This is not La Liga.

I've said before that AS and his team deserve much credit for the improvements that have taken place on and off the pitch since they took over. Things surely could not have got worse? They have repaired quite a lot of the damage they were left to sort out from the shambles the club was in following relegation, but there is still a lot of work to be done IMO. I honestly think AS himself knows that.

PS: If Hibs have been really good all season, why would the players look short of confidence?

Nail on head here, AS knows he's only part way through his rebuild, we were always weeks behind everyone at the start and although we've been on a cracking run it's also been helped by Rangers being rank rotten and having 2 crap managers, which has now changed with McCall coming in. I said in an earlier post that our midfield now is all too similar and our best run of form was when McGeouch was injured and Craig/Handling were in the team on a regular basis, the balance of the midfield was much better. The Fyvie signing is an added bonus but when you have Allan and McGeouch already you really don't need him as the 3 are all similar, we don't have a 12-14 goal a season attacking midfielder.

Leithenhibby
29-03-2015, 10:31 AM

:agree:
As the song goes "we're the best behaved supporters in the land"..................... When we win.

Confidence comes from the action of the players; it does not come from the wishes or desires of the fans. Our players are not good enough to take us where we want to go.

I think they are, and we will be there or there about's at the end. Just like we thought the same at the start of the season. Nothing has changed for me.

It's a two way thing here. The fans turn far too quickly and start a Mexican wave of nerves!! So many fans claim the team "Bottle It" when in actual fact, it's the fans that bottle it, IMO

Turkish Green
29-03-2015, 10:33 AM
I remember posting back in August after another defeat (to Alloa) that Hibs would be unlikely to make the play-offs. Since then, either by luck or design, Stubbs found a winning formation and the team went on a run of only 2 defeats in 29 games.

The Play-off spot appears safe as we have an 8 point buffer over QOTS but we really need to finish 2nd as I doubt progressing in the 3/4 games against QOTS, Falkirk and even Raith. Conversely I see them being able to beat Sevco over 2 legs. I hope finishing 2nd does not depend on Hearts beating Sevco in the last day of the season.

But over 2 legs against whoever finishes 11th in the Premiership? I have me doubts.

weonlywon6-2
29-03-2015, 10:40 AM
I would have more faith in us beating a bottom premier club than I would rangers, if that's the way it happens

Leithenhibby
29-03-2015, 10:48 AM
I remember posting back in August after another defeat (to Alloa) that Hibs would be unlikely to make the play-offs. Since then, either by luck or design, Stubbs found a winning formation and the team went on a run of only 2 defeats in 29 games.

The Play-off spot appears safe as we have an 8 point buffer over QOTS but we really need to finish 2nd as I doubt progressing in the 3/4 games against QOTS, Falkirk and even Raith. Conversely I see them being able to beat Sevco over 2 legs. I hope finishing 2nd does not depend on Hearts beating Sevco in the last day of the season.

But over 2 legs against whoever finishes 11th in the Premiership? I have me doubts.

I with you on that, but the MSM will be praying for such a scenario! Still so much to play for with many twists and turns....

Phil D. Rolls
29-03-2015, 11:10 AM

You were doing so well.

matty_f
29-03-2015, 11:19 AM

Bang on the money with that post.

matty_f
29-03-2015, 11:20 AM

2 defeats in 29 games and you're questioning if that was luck or design?

1987kev
29-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Making the playoff semi final of the scottish coming up we are f ing hibs not Real Madrid we will lose games get over it honestly we were on our knees at the end of last season I would have bitten the hand of someone if they gave me this at the start of the season.

CiscoKid
29-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Thinking about it with my head rather than heart, I think we probably have about a 20% chance of going up :- 80% chance of either coming 2nd or winning 3rd v 4th game, 50% chance of beating (probably) Rangers then 50% chance against (probably) Motherwell. You can argue these %'s up or down but you are not coming up with that great a chance.

Nightmare scenario is us not going up, being up against a resurgent Rangers and in a similar position this time next year, we really need to get behind the team and make sure we go straight back up.

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 01:34 PM

Fenlon was ***** Andy get over him ffs. He deserved to go. We are where we are because of the board and previous managers. Stop twisting it onto the fans.

We deserve better and thankfully we have Stubbs. Should I take credit for that yeah as I assume he wouldn't be here if I "single handedly" not hounded out Fenlon.

This is a forum to discuss all things Hibs get over yourself eh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onion
29-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Making the playoff semi final of the scottish coming up we are f ing hibs not Real Madrid we will lose games get over it honestly we were on our knees at the end of last season I would have bitten the hand of someone if they gave me this at the start of the season.

Agree with this. Some need to remember what an utter shambles we were as club in the summer. Stubbs has done a remarkable job in getting us to this position with what he had to work with. It ain't over yet.

Phil D. Rolls
29-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Fenlon was ***** Andy get over him ffs. He deserved to go. We are where we are because of the board and previous managers. Stop twisting it onto the fans.

We deserve better and thankfully we have Stubbs. Should I take credit for that yeah as I assume he wouldn't be here if I "single handedly" not hounded out Fenlon.

This is a forum to discuss all things Hibs get over yourself eh.

So the fans have the ability to hound out managers, but they have nothing to do with anything that goes wrong at the club, as they are powerless...have I got this right?

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Eh??

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 02:17 PM
You know what forget it. Can everyone not post anything negative anymore. Clearly guys are getting upset at anything that isn't a positive post!

What a fantastic result yesterday, only lost by 1. We will clearly win the scottish and go up. Hopefully this post is ok? Please let me know!!

Thanks 👍

Beefster
29-03-2015, 02:27 PM
You know what forget it. Can everyone not post anything negative anymore. Clearly guys are getting upset at anything that isn't a positive post!

What a fantastic result yesterday, only lost by 1. We will clearly win the scottish and go up. Hopefully this post is ok? Please let me know!!

Thanks 

You seem to be losing all sense of perspective. The issue isn't with folk being unhappy with a defeat. The issue is the overreaction to a defeat. Two defeats since Christmas and we're *****, bottlers, bawbags, charlatans etc etc.

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 02:30 PM
You seem to be losing all sense of perspective. The issue isn't with folk being unhappy with a defeat. The issue is the overreaction to a defeat. Two defeats since Christmas and we're *****, bottlers, bawbags, charlatans etc etc.

I personally think we are running on empty. Read Andy's post clearly blaming fans for us being in this mess. What's that about?

I've been very vocal of the support of Stubbs and LD this season. I have every right to be pissed off at losing two crucial games.

Andy74
29-03-2015, 02:34 PM

Indeed. Maybe just some not too well adjusted Individuals but they do their best to try and make a big noise about it. Very little we can all do now other than support the team. At least some get to say they told us so if we dont go up and maybe we can have a it more turmoil as a result.

Pete
29-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Got a horrible feeling that the season is going to implode !!
We get to the cup final v. Celtic we play well, Griffiths scores a late winner, and has to be lead off in tears.
We meet the Orcs in the play offs, again we play well, and they get a scrambled og. in the 7th. minute of injury time !!
It's the Hibs way !!
Mais Zoot Alors, Allez les Vertes Originales !!

I don't mind negative posts as they stimulate debate but these stupid catchphrases with negative connotations should be banned outright as they serve no good.

"The hibs way"...then something negative. We're supposed to be sticking together and trying to build our club up yet we get our own supporters constantly undermining it.

Keep doing it and it will stick. Sorry but it's really ****ing annoying.

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Indeed. Maybe just some not too well adjusted Individuals but they do their best to try and make a big noise about it. Very little we can all do now other than support the team. At least some get to say they told us so if we dont go up and maybe we can have a it more turmoil as a result.

Excuse me?

"Not to well adjusted" please elaborate!!!

Funny how you never quoted any positive posts I made through the season!!

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 02:38 PM
I don't mind negative posts as they stimulate debate but these stupid catchphrases with negative connotations should be banned outright as they serve no good.

"The hibs way"...then something negative. We're supposed to be sticking together and trying to build our club up yet we get our own supporters constantly undermining it.

Keep doing it and it will stick. Sorry but it's really ****ing annoying.

I agree with that. Have I been doing this constantly this season? I find it annoying the same folk who said all would be fine last season are still moaning at folk who show a little bit concern.

I'll be there backing the boys as always, but I'm not happy in the manner we have lost the past two games.

Mikey
29-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Andy

Andy

Andy's post

Chaps, we're not having a situation where people are singled out and bullied. It happened this time last year and it isn't happening this year.

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 02:50 PM
You having a laugh Mikey? I'm being serious! I'm pointing out a post.

Read his about "some are not well adjusted" wtf??

Hermit Crab
29-03-2015, 02:51 PM
This thread has gone Pete tong. Infighting is the last thing we need just now. Sort it out lads.

Mikey
29-03-2015, 02:52 PM
You having a laugh Mikey? I'm being serious! I'm pointing out a post.

Read his about "some are not well adjusted" wtf??

Nope. Deadly serious.

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Nope. Deadly serious.

That's great, so what about what I just pointed out to you??

J-C
29-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Chaps, we're not having a situation where people are singled out and bullied. It happened this time last year and it isn't happening this year.

A tad harsh Mikey, Andy74 has been on a one man crusade to keep everyone a happy clapper and anyone who isn't is attacked by him, did the same to me on another post, TC23 was using his name as he was replying personally to his posts as those posts were aimed at the Cat.

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 02:55 PM
A tad harsh Mikey, Andy74 has been on a one man crusade to keep everyone a happy clapper and anyone who isn't is attacked by him, did the same to me on another post, TC23 was using his name as he was replying personally to his posts as those posts were aimed at the Cat.

Thanks mate, it's his username ffs I was quoting. He's had many a dig at me as you can clearly see. I'm honestly baffled by this "bullying" stuff.

Pete
29-03-2015, 02:57 PM
This thread has gone Pete tong. Infighting is the last thing we need just now. Sort it out lads.

Just wait until we draw with QOS next week!

Thecat23
29-03-2015, 02:58 PM

We will win next week. 2-0

Pretty Boy
29-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Guys Mikey has asked for a bit restraint on targetting stuff directly at an individual poster. Any other stuff that has been reported or pointed out will also be dealt with as it always is. We never publicly go into detail about action taken and that remains the case.

We can do without a full on civil war breaking out because of a couple of defeats and a disagreement on how to react to them.

We're all adults here so lets keep the heads.

Hermit Crab
29-03-2015, 03:01 PM

:tee hee:

Stop it! I won't be at the game next week to witness the draw. :greengrin

Since90+2
29-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Raith were absolutely honking yesterday. Still can't believe we lost that game.

We have a very strong midfield and McGeough & Allan in particular are fantastic players but they are all too similar ie no width. The diamond has worked well but it may be the case teams have figured out how to play us as we have no threat out wide.

Not sure what the answer is but I do have faith that Stubbs can turn it around.

green day
29-03-2015, 03:12 PM
but it may be the case teams have figured out how to play us

My thoughts exactly. We need plans B and C, and Stubbs needs to be more agile in changing it.

ancient hibee
29-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Guys Mikey has asked for a bit restraint on targetting stuff directly at an individual poster. Any other stuff that has been reported or pointed out will also be dealt with as it always is. We never publicly go into detail about action taken and that remains the case.

We can do without a full on civil war breaking out because of a couple of defeats and a disagreement on how to react to them.

It's a good job the internet wasn't around in the 50s and 60s-

Heard on the terracing

Smith'll never do anything now -Hibs should get rid of him

Baker'll never take Reilly's place

Turnbull's finished(just before he was Scotland's best player at the 1958 world cup)

Simpson's far too old to play in goals now

Losing a 2 goal lead in Barcelona is unnacceptable

Macnamee's far too cumbersome

Kinloch-what are we doing signing someone from the RAF

Houchy
29-03-2015, 03:17 PM

I agree too, I'll stop by the hospital and get some incontinence pads. 3 weeks ago, I thought "we'll beat Falkirk in the semi, get promoted through the play offs and another cup final. All is rosy in the hibee garden. Now it's turned into a garden full of weeds and gorse bushes that I don't think we'll get through.

silverhibee
29-03-2015, 03:18 PM
So the fans have the ability to hound out managers, but they have nothing to do with anything that goes wrong at the club, as they are powerless...have I got this right?

I think the fans can only voice there concerns, its down to whoever is in charge (mainly Rod Petrie) who has hired some pish and had to get rid of the pish he hired who he decides who leaves the club or gives them the dreaded vote of confidence, it ain't the fans that make that decision, they can voice it but at the end of the day it is down to the person in charge who departs the club.

I mean FFS, Colin Calderwood, this man took the piss out of this club/fans/Petrie/STF, it started with photos from a hotel not long after he joined us having a meeting with McClaren, who then shows a interest in taking CC to Nottingham Forest, then there was other clubs after him, CC clearly didn't want to be here, heading South straight after games, he would travel to away games on the team bus but get someone to drive his car to these games so he could head straight back to his family down South and he would get back here on the Tuesday, now fans were screaming for him to go and leave the club and for the club to take the offer (was it Birmingham) but not Rod, he stood by him to the amazement of the fans, he then (RP) gave a statement to the fans about false stats that went in favour of CC.

Petrie on signing CC. http://www.scotsman.com/sport/colin-calderwood-coup-can-establish-hibs-as-third-force-insists-rod-petrie-1-825219

CC "coup" can establish Hibs as third force insists Rod Petrie. :faf: It's the way he tells them.

Petrie on sacking CC. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-chairman-rod-petrie-apologises-1086361

I liked this bit fro RP. "He insisted Calderwood’s aloof manner helped lead to his downfall and added".

“I can’t fault the commitment of Colin but his demeanour and the way he spoke did alienate some people.

“The club gave Colin every chance to succeed but when it came to a point, the board acted decisively.

"Some people", the whole f***ing support Rod. And your demeanour and the way you speak has alienated a lot more folk than CC did.

"the board acted decisively" did they f***, he should have gone ages before he was finally sacked, the fans were wanting CC out, did we get what we want, no, the man in charge thought it would be a good idea to keep him longer.

Ronniekirk
29-03-2015, 03:46 PM

I tend to post a lot after a defeat but I try and be balanced and not overly critical Its a forum for fans to express Thier point of view and two defeats in a row at a crucial point in the season was always going to split certain people on this forum .
The good news is that while I didn't get over the Rangers defeat I am now over the Raith one .So no more negative posts from me in the lead up to the Queen Of The South Game . :wink:

blackpoolhibs
29-03-2015, 03:49 PM

You win, i wont call anyone by their name ever again. Maybe the clown smillie would be better M oops sorry nearly used your name there.

Can you give me a clue how i should answer someone in a post if using their name is now singling them out and FFS bullying. :rotflmao:

Pete
29-03-2015, 03:59 PM
We're all adults here

Perhaps not :rolleyes: :greengrin

silverhibee
29-03-2015, 04:20 PM

:na na::greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
29-03-2015, 04:20 PM

It's me you're talking about though isn't it? :hide: :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
29-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Eh??

I didn't know if you were being sarcastic in saying that hounding out Fenlon was what resulted in Stubbs' appointment.

Part of the reason being that it may have led to that appointment, it definitely led to Butcher's.

The fans don't make the appointments, but managers need fan approval to retain their job. We were sixth in the league when Fenlon got the bullet, that wasn't good enough for the fans.

Fans definitely play a part.

J-C
29-03-2015, 04:27 PM
I didn't know if you were being sarcastic in saying that hounding out Fenlon was what resulted in Stubbs' appointment.

Part of the reason being that it may have led to that appointment, it definitely led to Butcher's.

The fans don't make the appointments, but managers need fan approval to retain their job. We were sixth in the league when Fenlon got the bullet, that wasn't good enough for the fans.

Fans definitely play a part.

6th with the most brain dead football known to man, that was the main gripe with Fenlon..............oh and add in a humiliating defeat to our main rivals, a humping by Celtic and a thrashing by Malmo, Fenlon 6th or not his time was up.

Hibernia&Alba
29-03-2015, 04:34 PM
6th with the most brain dead football known to man, that was the main gripe with Fenlon..............oh and add in a humiliating defeat to our main rivals, a humping by Celtic and a thrashing by Malmo, Fenlon 6th or not his time was up.

Yes, it was time for Pat to leave. He did his best, but by end of his tenure it was obvious we were going nowhere. What nobody could have foreseen was how disastrous Butcher would be. He achieved the almost impossible in getting us relegated, considering our position when he took over.

Phil D. Rolls
29-03-2015, 04:34 PM

Perhaps, in retrospect it might have been wiser to let him go on until the end of the season?

My point though, is that fans should be careful about what they demand. Sometimes boards do react to fan pressure, so fans have some power to screw up their club.

Look at the Jambos, we point the finger at them and say it was their arrogance and expectation that led to Roamanov getting in. We criticise them for not doing more to stop it, and we call them cheats for accepting the fruits of his reign and not accepting the bad bits.

We seem to be exactly the same as every other group. We want to demand changes, and then run away and hide and say "poor us" when things don't go well.

What I'm saying is that the board aren't completely at blame. Their job is to try and meet fan expectations.

Peevemor
29-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Perhaps, in retrospect it might have been wiser to let him go on until the end of the season?

My point though, is that fans should be careful about what they demand. Sometimes boards do react to fan pressure, so fans have some power to screw up their club.

Look at the Jambos, we point the finger at them and say it was their arrogance and expectation that led to Roamanov getting in. We criticise them for not doing more to stop it, and we call them cheats for accepting the fruits of his reign and not accepting the bad bits.

We seem to be exactly the same as every other group. We want to demand changes, and then run away and hide and say "poor us" when things don't go well.

What I'm saying is that the board aren't completely at blame. Their job is to try and meet fan expectations.

Fenlon wasn't sacked.

Hermit Crab
29-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Fenlon wasn't sacked.

:agree: Correct. But he bloody well should have been.

emerald green
29-03-2015, 06:00 PM

:agree: Correct. But he bloody well should have been.

:agree: He should have been shown the door straight after that embarrassment in that Scottish Cup final. Totally unacceptable, and something the Hibs fans are going to have to live with and have rammed down our throats for ever.

A number of the players that day should have followed him straight out the door too.

SteveHFC
29-03-2015, 07:29 PM
Thanks mate, it's his username ffs I was quoting. He's had many a dig at me as you can clearly see. I'm honestly baffled by this "bullying" stuff.

:top marks

I agree with everything you've said bud.

Hibeesmad
29-03-2015, 10:56 PM
Finishing 2nd is crucial. The prospect of having to play QOTS or Falkirk before having to play Rangers, with the second leg being at Ibrox would just be disastrous. If we finish 2nd I think we will definitely have the advantage of progressing to the final

Bad Martini
30-03-2015, 11:39 AM
If the huns had gone into meltown when WE slapped THEM thrice, they'd never have been able to sneak a win and con a dodgy goal out us to finalise it now would they :aok:

Keep the faith.

God is a Hibby anaw.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

pennyhibee
30-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Glad we got the defeats done now Now for the big finish

Phil D. Rolls
30-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Fenlon wasn't sacked.

I understand he wanted to spend more time with his family.

SteveHFC
04-04-2015, 04:01 PM
And today once again showed why we won't go up.

green day
04-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Glad we got the defeats done now Now for the big finish

Ahem.......

Iain G
04-04-2015, 04:05 PM
And today once again showed why we won't go up.

Defeatist!!! Its Hibs,we have always do it the hard way:-)

SunshineOnLeith
04-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Thought this attitute was knee-jerk and reactionary after the Rangers game.

Thought this thread was premature after the Raith game.

Think this thread is spot on after today. They've chucked it.

pennyhibee
04-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Ahem.......

We could be in a wee bit bother now.......maybe

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2015, 04:25 PM
Defeatist!!! Its Hibs,we have always do it the hard way:-)

When do we ever do it?

DH1875
04-04-2015, 04:58 PM
**** me, at this rate, we might not even make the playoffs :(

Hibeesmad
04-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm starting to think Rangers will actually go up

Mango Man
04-04-2015, 05:03 PM
I guarantee we won't go up or win the Scottish cup, it wouldn't be Hibs if they gave us a bit of joy, when it really matters they will let us down, history speaks for itself. Sorry, Hibs have made me like this.

DH1875
04-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm starting to think Rangers will actually go up

Cant believe Im saying this but if we dont go up, I hope they do.

emerald green
04-04-2015, 05:27 PM
**** me, at this rate, we might not even make the playoffs :(

:agree: Hibs now just 3 points in front of Falkirk, and 5 in front of QOS. Still to go to Falkirk and play the Yaks.

Hibs have not won a game against Falkirk (out of 3) this season, even managing to chuck away a 3-1 lead at home in one of those games.

Hibs have won one game out of 4 against QOS, lost two, and drawn one. In three of those four games Hibs didn't manage a single goal.

If anyone seriously thinks Hibs can win through the play-offs against either of those two teams, then beat The Rangers, then beat an SPFL team fighting for it's premiership status, then after today's performance they must be a super optimist.

There's nothing wrong with being optimistic, but there comes a point where one has to be realistic.

green day
04-04-2015, 05:27 PM
I guarantee we won't go up or win the Scottish cup, it wouldn't be Hibs if they gave us a bit of joy, when it really matters they will let us down, history speaks for itself. Sorry, Hibs have made me like this.

You sound like a mate of mine.

He's a bit of a miserable bugger too!

lucky
04-04-2015, 05:45 PM
Hibs have much a chance as any of the others. Yes we've lost 3 games in a row but we won 7 in a row before. The lack of faith in some supporters is pathetic

bingo70
04-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Hibs have much a chance as any of the others. Yes we've lost 3 games in a row but we won 7 in a row before. The lack of faith in some supporters is pathetic

The lack of faith is perfectly understandable.

That wasn't a good team we were playing today. Not a chance we'll go up imo, hope I'm wrong though.

Stokesy's on fire
04-04-2015, 05:52 PM
We are going up so climb off the negative plane your on because your flying a bit low!! Pull up pull up!

emerald green
04-04-2015, 05:54 PM

There's lack of faith - whatever that means exactly - and blind faith.

B.H.F.C
04-04-2015, 05:58 PM

Not as pathetic as losing 3 games on the trot in this terrible league.

They've had the praise when winning, they deserve the stick now.

Sir David Gray
04-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Two weeks ago, I was almost certain that we were going up through the play offs.

Then after the Sevco game I was a little dejected but still quite confident, considering we still held a three point lead over them.
After the defeat to Raith Rovers, a bit of doubt crept into my mind about us going up.
Now after today's result, I'm preparing myself for another season in the Championship and I'm fairly certain that we'll finish no higher than third now.

Considering we only have one win from seven matches against Falkirk and Queen of the South this season, I'm not holding out much hope for getting past the first round of the play offs either.

Jim44
04-04-2015, 06:34 PM
As somebody said further back, we are very unlikely to make the playoffs. Recent history has shown us that we are more than capable of losing the rest of our games in both the league and the cup. It is pointing to another unsuccessful and disappointing season. But that's Hibs for you. We must be the worst team in Scotland in letting our supporters down.

leggeto
04-04-2015, 06:39 PM
:agree: Hibs now just 3 points in front of Falkirk, and 5 in front of QOS. Still to go to Falkirk and play the Yaks.

Hibs have not won a game against Falkirk (out of 3) this season, even managing to chuck away a 3-1 lead at home in one of those games.

Hibs have won one game out of 4 against QOS, lost two, and drawn one. In three of those four games Hibs didn't manage a single goal.

If anyone seriously thinks Hibs can win through the play-offs against either of those two teams, then beat The Rangers, then beat an SPFL team fighting for it's premiership status, then after today's performance they must be a super optimist.

There's nothing wrong with being optimistic, but there comes a point where one has to be realistic.

I am an optimist, but after reading that post I feel like were doomed now :(

Scottie
04-04-2015, 06:41 PM
As somebody said further back, we are very unlikely to make the playoffs. Recent history has shown us that we are more than capable of losing the rest of our games in both the league and the cup. It is pointing to another unsuccessful and disappointing season. But that's Hibs for you. We must be the worst team in Scotland in letting our supporters down.
Jim your spot on unfortunately

Pete
04-04-2015, 06:41 PM

That's super cheery compared to Jim44's post.

Bristolhibby
04-04-2015, 06:43 PM
If we do go up it has to be like this. This is Hibs. As one poster said, Hibs tend to think up new and exciting ways to put us fans through the ringer and boot our collective balls.

That said, it's equally Hibs-esq to just fall away and be *****.

Last season we needed one *******in point from somthing like 6 games and we didn't get it.

C'mon Hibs let's rally for the final push!

J

emerald green
04-04-2015, 06:56 PM

Sorry mate. Just saying it like I see it. Presumably you thought Hibs played well today? Nothing whatsoever to be concerned about, given the previous results I quoted in my post?

Of course Hibs are not "doomed", but I'd give very long odds now on Hibs getting through the play-offs and/or winning the Scottish Cup. Go into a bookie tomorrow and ask what odds you can get on that now.

There's no sentiment from the bookie. Their odds will give you a fairly good idea.

Jim44
04-04-2015, 06:58 PM
That's super cheery compared to Jim44's post.

Well Mr Douglas, you may very well be depressed at my post, but the content is nothing more or nothing less than an honest and realistic opinion of where we are at and where we are likely to go. Please note, no raving and ranting at this player or that player, no having a go at the team in general or at Stubbs and his coaching team, in fact no bedwetting at all.

Eyrie
04-04-2015, 07:04 PM

Looking at the run ins for Falkirk and Queen of the South, it's extremely unlikely that both will be ahead of us in the final table. However, given our "performances" against those clubs and current form, there are valid grounds for pessimism regardless of which of them we face in the 3rd/4th playoff game.

Hibernia&Alba
04-04-2015, 08:25 PM
A bit of momentum is now essential. Each defeat chips away at confidence, and now is the time to stand up and get us a few wins from somewhere. We he the ability, now the players must demonstrate the mentality. I think we've blown second place, meaning a harder route in the play offs. Crunch time is approaching.

leggeto
04-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Sorry mate. Just saying it like I see it. Presumably you thought Hibs played well today? Nothing whatsoever to be concerned about, given the previous results I quoted in my post?

Of course Hibs are not "doomed", but I'd give very long odds now on Hibs getting through the play-offs and/or winning the Scottish Cup. Go into a bookie tomorrow and ask what odds you can get on that now.

There's no sentiment from the bookie. Their odds will give you a fairly good idea.

Yeah we were murder today,no urgency or hunger to drive forward, trying to walk the ball in to the net like we're barca.
I just moaned the whole game,but farid looked up for it and Allan was good,when Dylan comes back we will have a better chance of breaking they teams down.
Qots came for a point like most teams and went home with 3 because we can't get through them

mca
04-04-2015, 09:16 PM
Got a Long Winded Text from a weegie blue nose family member.. He Reckons Hibs are on the Wind-Up and "Points Permitting" We will probably only score draws until the End of the Season..

Reckons Stubbs is making us look tom kite for a Reason... That we fool everyone until then and we hammer them in the play offs.. !!! he was serious :agree:

Hope he is right.. but then again the weegies never are :wink:

Alfred E Newman
04-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Well Mr Douglas, you may very well be depressed at my post, but the content is nothing more or nothing less than an honest and realistic opinion of where we are at and where we are likely to go. Please note, no raving and ranting at this player or that player, no having a go at the team in general or at Stubbs and his coaching team, in fact no bedwetting at all.

I think I would rather not make the play offs if it means we suffer the indignity of being knocked out at the first hurdle. Stubbs needs to come up with an alternative way of playing but I don't think he has the players at his disposal to change it.
The thing is with Hibs is, when you don't think it can get any worse, it does.

rcarter1
04-04-2015, 09:45 PM

Had to check that out. Rangers are 5/4 for promotion, Hibs 4/1, while QOS and Falkirk are a rather tasty 25/1 each.

Nakedmanoncrack
04-04-2015, 09:45 PM
I think there was resignation at the end today that we won't go up, we might scrape into the playoffs, but nobody other than a super optimist thinks we’ll suddenly turn it round and come through that, which was always going to be a massive task, when we’ve imploded at the worst possible stage of the season.

Canongatehibs
04-04-2015, 09:47 PM

you beat me to it.

Let's be honest, We've been winning a few games, but we've been rank.

To not be able to beat Raith and then QOS AT HOME is failure material. End of.

rcarter1
04-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Had to check that out. Rangers are 5/4 for promotion, Hibs 4/1, while QOS and Falkirk are a rather tasty 25/1 each.

And with us 9/2 to win the Scottish Cup, thats around 22/1 for both events…. Which seems wildly optimistic!! :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
04-04-2015, 09:54 PM

It's defo the fans fault like

Ronniekirk
04-04-2015, 10:22 PM
I think there was resignation at the end today that we won't go up, we might scrape into the playoffs, but nobody other than a super optimist thinks we’ll suddenly turn it round and come through that, which was always going to be a massive task, when we’ve imploded at the worst possible stage of the season.

I won't give up Hope , but I no Super Optimist

Onion
04-04-2015, 10:29 PM
IMO Hibs are guilty of thinking the job was about done and that 2nd was their's. Last three games they've played teams who had a real need to win - Huns to stop us running away with 2nd, Raith to stay in the chase for a PO place and QOS to try get a PO place. Desire and belief is enough to win most games in this league and the opposition just had more of it than Hibs.
The sickener is had Hibs fought harder to beat the Huns, they would have taken a lot of pressure off themselves and Stubbs. He could have played the squad around. Now they have to scrap for every point, every ball, with all the risks of cards, injuries and fatigue when we should be conserving our energy for biggest games such as the Semi and POs.

Only Hibs do it the Hibs way.

DH1875
04-04-2015, 11:59 PM

That'll be the same supporters who for so long last season where told that all we needed was one win to keep us safe.

That might have been me and I've tried really hard to bite my tongue and not ask the question but what happens IF we dont make the playoffs and get beat by Falkirk in the semi?

Hibeesmad
05-04-2015, 12:02 AM
Looking at Falkirk's last 4 games-

Livingston AWAY
Queen of the South AWAY
Rangers AWAY
Hibs HOME

I really can't see them finishing 4th never mind above us.

Realistically I think it's going to finish-

2nd - Rangers
3rd- Hibs
4th- QOTS

Jim44
05-04-2015, 06:26 AM
That'll be the same supporters who for so long last season where told that all we needed was one win to keep us safe.

That might have been me and I've tried really hard to bite my tongue and not ask the question but what happens IF we dont make the playoffs and get beat by Falkirk in the semi?

No mystery as to what happens. Civil war will breakout here between the diehards and the bedwetters. Then we start all over again next season against teams we struggle to beat and with probably a weaker team than this season.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 08:00 AM

We could just as easily lose seven in a row though!

heretoday
05-04-2015, 08:23 AM
There must be some sort of hex on the ER dressing room. I suggest getting an exorcist in.

Or use the away team's facilities instead for a while.

emerald green
05-04-2015, 10:34 AM

I'm a bit surprised by those odds, given Hibs head to head record against Falkirk & QOS this season.

And with us 9/2 to win the Scottish Cup, thats around 22/1 for both events…. Which seems wildly optimistic!! :greengrin

Again, Hibs at only 9/2 to win the Scottish Cup surprises me, but they say the bookies are rarely wrong. Presumably Celtic must be odds on?

Just Alf
05-04-2015, 10:42 AM

Agree...... And I'm now thinking that would be a good thing :-(

ancient hibee
05-04-2015, 11:09 AM

Think the odds reflect the number of Rangers supporters-weren't they odds on to win the league.I wouldn't back them to beat either Motherwell or Ross County.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-04-2015, 12:28 PM
First time I've thought it but I really think we're staying down now...

Gordy M
05-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Thing is, its easy to be negative, its a no lose situation. If we dont go up then you can tell everyone you were right, as many on here will...however if we do get promoted then as hibs fans you will be delighted and wont care that ur wrong!!. Its a lot harder to be positive, as you you will be gutted if we dont go up....and have posters tell you you were wrong to be confident of going up!

snooky
05-04-2015, 12:43 PM
I'm a bit surprised by those odds, given Hibs head to head record against Falkirk & QOS this season.

Again, Hibs at only 9/2 to win the Scottish Cup surprises me, but they say the bookies are rarely wrong. Presumably Celtic must be odds on?

What are the odds for Hibs not winning the Scottish Cup? Just wondered :cb

Sammy7nil
05-04-2015, 12:51 PM
What are the odds for Hibs not winning the Scottish Cup? Just wondered :cb

It will be a out 1/7

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 01:22 PM
First time I've thought it but I really think we're staying down now...

Yes i think you're right.

Brightside
05-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Yep - I'm also resigned to us staying down. A real lack of want from the players in the last few games tells me enough.

Hermit Crab
05-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Yep - I'm also resigned to us staying down. A real lack of want from the players in the last few games tells me enough.

A few of them know they won't be here after the summer so they've gave up.

HH81
05-04-2015, 01:47 PM

How are they so sure teams in higher leagues will take them on if they fail at Hibs?

GreenCastle
05-04-2015, 01:49 PM

I do worry some of them have switched off - whether it's due to contract uncertainties who knows but Butcher shot himself in the foot last season as players weren't bothered. Stubbs / the board need to make sure players are focused and feel wanted.

chrisski33
05-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Ive always thought wed finish 3rd but thought for a while 2nd was possible. Typical hibs are falling at the last few hurdles.

Sir David Gray
05-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Ive always thought wed finish 3rd but thought for a while 2nd was possible. Typical hibs are falling at the last few hurdles.

Up until the Sevco game, I really thought we finally had a team that was mentally strong enough to see off a Sevco side that was being revitalised by a new manager and that we would see out the season in second place and gain a big advantage going into the play offs.

I'm really disappointed with our meltdown over the last three matches and appears that the usual Hibs frailties are coming to the fore once again.

It's not over yet but it's not looking great at the moment.

eastterrace
05-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Up until the Sevco game, I really thought we finally had a team that was mentally strong enough to see off a Sevco side that was being revitalised by a new manager and that we would see out the season in second place and gain a big advantage going into the play offs.

I'm really disappointed with our meltdown over the last three matches and appears that the usual Hibs frailties are coming to the fore once again.

It's not over yet but it's not looking great at the moment.

yes i was thinking like you beat der hun and second place is ours and confidence would be high , but no we lose our last three games and you can just hear the bottle crashing inside easter road, i cant see us winning through 6 games of the play offs so another season down here, also think der hun wont go up either.

Pete
05-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Thing is, its easy to be negative, its a no lose situation. If we dont go up then you can tell everyone you were right, as many on here will...however if we do get promoted then as hibs fans you will be delighted and wont care that ur wrong!!. Its a lot harder to be positive, as you you will be gutted if we dont go up....and have posters tell you you were wrong to be confident of going up!

:agree:

Iain G
05-04-2015, 03:15 PM
I think we will go up, time for a wee bitof faith that we are in a better place and much healthier player and management position than the last few years

Ozyhibby
05-04-2015, 03:57 PM

It's easy to be negative when you look objectively at what's in front of you.
If you put on the 'green tinted Hibs can do no wrong we're just about to turn the corner Specs' then things can get difficult.

Jim44
05-04-2015, 04:50 PM

I disagree entirely. It's no more difficult to be positive and confident than it is to be negative. For a start, if you're positive but wrong in the end, nobody's going to hassle you for being confident. Conversely, if you're pessimistic, you get flack instantly from the the confident ones, and are dismissed as bedwetters etc. If in the end the negatives are proved right, they have no grounds for adopting a 'told you so' attitude. The bottom line is that you give an opinion following your head and eyes. It would be great if we could follow our hearts every time but that's not human nature. We just have to agree to disagree.

pennyhibee
05-04-2015, 04:58 PM
I think it will be a Hibs v therangers play off to see who meets the 11th place lot and unless Hamilton can finish down there I doubt either will go up

emerald green
05-04-2015, 05:17 PM

The bit in bold. I can only speak for myself here, but it's not a question of being "negative" or "positive". I post what I think are realistic comments. Whether others agree or disagree with those comments that's fine.

If Hibs don't go up I will be very disappointed and angry, but it's not my intention to come on here and say "I told you so" FFS. How do you know "many on here will"? Have you got a crystal ball?

This is just a fans forum for posting opinions about Hibs and football in general. Some people post "negative" comments (as far as some others are concerned) and vice versa.

It shouldn't, and doesn't, matter a monkeys what folk post on this forum. It's what the team does on the pitch that matters. Nothing else.

Hibernia&Alba
05-04-2015, 05:22 PM
It will have to be the hard way or no way, and we've lost our form at the wrong time. It's going to be tough.

J-C
05-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately it's not just our form we've lost, Stubbs hasn't been strong enough to realise when things haven't been working and hasn't changed the shape, he's blindly went about his business thinking all was working fine and it was up to the others to stop us, well they've stopped us and he's still not attempting to change things and also playing players who are obviously out of form.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2015, 05:31 PM
The last time we had a team that punched its weight, was when we finished 4th under Hughes. I remember being quite happy and posted so on this very message board.

Of course that team could have done better in certain games but over the course of the season we achieved something we'd all give our right knacker for these days.

Since those days or reaching European football THROUGH our league place, we have seen a side slide into real mediocrity, then down into bloody awful and relegation.

We might still go up, and we could win that bloody cup. Yet until we actually achieve something of note like a cup win or even promotion and a good league programme in the top league, then i'm sorry for not being very happy about just how things are looking at Easter Road.

Over to you Hibs.

familyman
05-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Rangers won today because of hard work, we lost because of lazy approach and no sleeves rolled up.or effort ...Hibs yet again show that weak underbelly and lack of character.
We are still even now without a Captain full of energy and drive who can shout and push players on, if only John Hughes could still play!!!!
We need now and not next season to show some professionalism .less rhetoric and more action....It is no use at all saying we have better players if we have a mindset that still lacks and belief....come on give us all break and do your job.No-one faults Hibs when they try their best but really when is that actually going to happen?
Please note in play offs if we make it we will play the very teams that seem to know how to outplay and cancel out our tactics ..so we need to wise up and fast.

Just Alf
05-04-2015, 06:05 PM
The last time we had a team that punched its weight, was when we finished 4th under Hughes. I remember being quite happy and posted so on this very message board.

Of course that team could have done better in certain games but over the course of the season we achieved something we'd all give our right knacker for these days.

Since those days or reaching European football THROUGH our league place, we have seen a side slide into real mediocrity, then down into bloody awful and relegation.

We might still go up, and we could win that bloody cup. Yet until we actually achieve something of note like a cup win or even promotion and a good league programme in the top league, then i'm sorry for not being very happy about just how things are looking at Easter Road.

Over to you Hibs.

My feelings about our situation seem to change day by day, flip flopping between "positive" and "negative", right now though this post describes things admirably :agree:

rcarter1
05-04-2015, 06:49 PM

Over to you Hibs.

Its funny because I felt during the first half of that season we were pretty poor, but Stokes was on fire and kept winning us games. I thought at the time, Yogi was getting too big for his boots and spouting rubbish about how good we were. The second part of that season descended into relegation form. Ending fourth was of course a very decent finish, but I though we were going very much backwards. The part of our play that really disappointed me, and has done since that time, is a toothless midfield incapable of effectively supporting the strikers. We're still struggling to support with goals and runs from midfield, and it does my nut in!:brickwall

snooky
05-04-2015, 06:56 PM
(I asked for possible odds for Hibs not winning the cup)

It will be about 1/7

Almost worth putting £70 quid on it.
Wouldn't mind one iota losing that amount of money if the impossible happened.

Let's put it this way. If GOD came to you and said "If you give me 70 smackers I'll make sure Hibs win the cup this year" Would you give him the money?
Damned sure a lot of us would. If he fails then you come away 10 quid in your pocket for your trouble. It's a no brainer. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
05-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Its funny because I felt during the first half of that season we were pretty poor, but Stokes was on fire and kept winning us games. I thought at the time, Yogi was getting too big for his boots and spouting rubbish about how good we were. The second part of that season descended into relegation form. Ending fourth was of course a very decent finish, but I though we were going very much backwards. The part of our play that really disappointed me, and has done since that time, is a toothless midfield incapable of effectively supporting the strikers. We're still struggling to support with goals and runs from midfield, and it does my nut in!:brickwall

Either way, fourth in the league is great.
Wish we were close to that now.
I liked Hughes and felt there was a bit of snobbery among the fans with regard to him.

ancient hibee
05-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Unfortunately it's not just our form we've lost, Stubbs hasn't been strong enough to realise when things haven't been working and hasn't changed the shape, he's blindly went about his business thinking all was working fine and it was up to the others to stop us, well they've stopped us and he's still not attempting to change things and also playing players who are obviously out of form.

He doesn't have many to pick from does he?

J-C
05-04-2015, 07:08 PM

Formation wise it needs changed, players out of form are Malonga and maybe Allan at a push.

rcarter1
Either way, fourth in the league is great.
Wish we were close to that now.
I liked Hughes and felt there was a bit of snobbery among the fans with regard to him.

Don't get me wrong, I was delighted when he joined us, and I felt his strong, larger than life type of character could be just the right thing for us. Not sure what went wrong for him at Hibs, but I think the amazing run we had at the start of the season kind of blinded him to flaws in the side that ultimately led us down a slippery slope. We had gotten so sloppy by the end of that season, that I remember when Motherwell scored to make it 6-3, me and some mates thought - here we go. Regardless, we've been honking since that season, and its high time we got ourselves sorted out..

snooky

Although it has some merits, the diamond formation tends to leave our flanks wide open and the full backs exposed.
Our opponents have now sussed out this weakness in our set up, IMO.