PDA

View Full Version : Scotland 2015

Phil D. Rolls
28-03-2015, 09:00 AM
BBC North Britain have done the unthinkable - a half hour show every night that is worse than Newsnight Scotland. Sarah Smith's humourless approach is as dire as watching paint dry, or even Sportscene (too harsh?).

Purple & Green
28-03-2015, 09:07 AM
Late labour leader John smith's daughter. You'd never know.

Phil D. Rolls
28-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Late labour leader John smith's daughter. You'd never know.

She doesn't like to talk about it.

Stranraer
28-03-2015, 10:23 AM
BBC North Britain have done the unthinkable - a half hour show every night that is worse than Newsnight Scotland. Sarah Smith's humourless approach is as dire as watching paint dry, or even Sportscene (too harsh?).

Newsnight Scotland was pretty poor too. Watching Davidson's breakdown was the highlight for me, referring it to "NewsNat" < I think he must have been getting mixed up with Newsnet Scotland.

For me the BBC Scotland team are absolutely awful, the same goes for Ulster, completely ineffectual. RTE and ITV are better for me.

lord bunberry
28-03-2015, 08:26 PM
I record it and watch when I'm finished, I don't mind it. Its not as slick as newsnight but it's probably made on a fraction of the budget.

Hiber-nation
28-03-2015, 09:33 PM

I quite like her. Is this not on the wrong board by the way, must be Holy Ground material!

Phil D. Rolls
29-03-2015, 04:06 PM
I quite like her. Is this not on the wrong board by the way, must be Holy Ground material!

Not entirely sure tbh. I wasn't having a go at Sarah Smith's politics, merely her presentation style and the fact that the programme is so turgid it's had me checking out STV's alternative - which is a more vibrant engaging show.