PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Raith Rovers v Hibs - Unofficial Early Match Update Thread

Carheenlea
28-03-2015, 07:46 AM
Who`s all going today? PATG for folks leaving it till the day to decide, so hopefully a sizable Hibs support will be making the short trip over to Fife to back the boys in their quest to get back to winning ways.
Mucky day here in the borders, with not to be much in the way of improvement expected on that front in Kirkcaldy this afternoon. Will the high winds forecast disrupt those travelling by bus and car? Fingers crossed it won`t. We are planning to let the train take the strain at 12.35 from Waverley, so here`s to safe travels to all and three points secured at Starks Park :aok:

Ronniekirk
28-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Let's take advantage of the conditions and blow them away today ,the ox to score .Still undecided whether to go after last week s dissapointment .so they may have to win without my presence today to get me back next week

number9dream
28-03-2015, 08:00 AM
Howling winds here in the west, with forecasts of 25mph gusts in Kirkcaldy by kick-off time - although there should be clear skies.
Is Cummings fit? Pretty sure we won't see Djedje stripped today... And what about Gray?

Keith_M
28-03-2015, 08:08 AM
El Alagui to play today........

Message sent from My Brain. No guarantees of accuracy.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2015, 08:08 AM
I'm playing football this morning at Peffermill and it's very, very windy.

Give me rain over gusting wind any day of the week. Not a day for football at all.

theonlywayisup
28-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Is Cummings fit?

No, and wouldn't have played if he was. He had to pull out of the u21 Scotland squad.

Aldo
28-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Howling winds here in the west, with forecasts of 25mph gusts in Kirkcaldy by kick-off time - although there should be clear skies. Is Cummings fit? Pretty sure we won't see Djedje stripped today... And what about Gray?

Rainy here in the Kingdom but you might want to double your wind speed for Fife this afternoon around about KO time.

Aldo
28-03-2015, 08:27 AM
El Alagui to play today........ Message sent from My Brain. No guarantees of accuracy.

If anything think the best he can expect is being on the bench today Keek with possibly a ten to 15 min appearance!

Will be good to get him back though!!

Leithenhibby
28-03-2015, 08:46 AM
Let's take advantage of the conditions and blow them away today ,the ox to score .Still undecided whether to go after last week s dissapointment .so they may have to win without my presence today to get me back next week

Get your ar$e to the Kingdom, could you imagine the attendance figures in world football if everyone didn't go back after their team got beat :greengrin

Since90+2
28-03-2015, 08:49 AM
Any decent boozers near the train station / on way to the ground?

RamblingJack
28-03-2015, 08:49 AM
A lovely 23 degrees here today...wall to wall sunshine....:greengrin

bigwheel
28-03-2015, 08:50 AM
Biggest game of the season so far....they've won two in a row..made it hard for us there last time, we need to show some steel after last week..the conditions will make it tough too will be an interesting game

Keith_M
28-03-2015, 08:51 AM
If anything think the best he can expect is being on the bench today Keek with possibly a ten to 15 min appearance!

Will be good to get him back though!!

I think that would be good. Give him the last 20 mins or so and start getting him match fit.

:aok:

IrnBru22
28-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Had an argument wae ma bird, she can get tae f***. The money im meant to owe her is getting spent on a t icket. Im stilll steeeeemingg

Mikey
28-03-2015, 09:00 AM
What's the story with coverage today? Is it on the radio?

With it being International weekend updates might be more tricky to come by!

offshorehibby
28-03-2015, 09:02 AM
A wee away day to Kirkcaldy for Mrs OS and me, early train, a bite to eat and a few beers.

Leithenhibby
28-03-2015, 09:05 AM
What's the story with coverage today? Is it on the radio?

With it being International weekend updates might be more tricky to come by!

If you fancy "open all mics" with SQUEALING Preston :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_scotland

Mikey
28-03-2015, 09:10 AM
If you fancy "open all mics" with SQUEALING Preston :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_scotland

Looks like Forth 2 will be covering the Hearts game.

Leithenhibby
28-03-2015, 09:49 AM

Mon The Queens :wink:

Stuarty27
28-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Weather clearing up, need a win today big time!

Looking forward to it, heading off soon

Aldo
28-03-2015, 09:51 AM

I think we know where the 'Love In' crew will be today!!

Springbank
28-03-2015, 09:55 AM
Biggest game of the season so far....they've won two in a row..made it hard for us there last time, we need to show some steel after last week..the conditions will make it tough too will be an interesting game

Yep, today is a true test of character

We've got it back and middle, not so sure up front.
Midfield to win it for us, defence to save it for us today and let's roar on the team to 3 points

HUTCHYHIBBY
Was a bit breezy at Hmkt to say the least before I jumped on the train.

Hermit Crab
Rainy here in the Kingdom but you might want to double your wind speed for Fife this afternoon around about KO time.

Howling gales down here Aldo. Sunny just now.

J-C
28-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Raith may have a go at us and see us as a wee bit vulnerable after last week result, they normally play 1 up top but I think they'll go with 2, if they do we should go 3 at the back which means one of our midfield misses out. Or we go 4-3-3 with Djedje and Boyle out wide but if we stay with the diamond then Cummings has to come in if fit, either way this is gonna be a tough game for us and we need to get a possitive response from the players

mutley
28-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Can't make it today, so it'll be the forum and hibs tv for me.
Good luck to fans travelling through, hope the weather isn't too bad for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibby70
28-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Sod it. I'm going.

Aldo
28-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Howling gales down here Aldo. Sunny just now.

Just went very dark here HC and started to rain quite heavy. Wind also picking up.

Just along the road for me but cannot make it :-( due to a poorly wee girl.

Hard hard game but I expect us to get back on track with a hard fought win.

1-3 Hibs.

ClewsHibs
28-03-2015, 10:17 AM
Is there a student price for this game? Can't see anything online but a friend says there was last time

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Radio for me also. Hopefully we'll get an immediate response to last week's poor performance and maintain the push for second. Now isn't the time to hit some poor form.

PeeJay
28-03-2015, 10:26 AM
The Raith Rovers club are offering live video of the game for fans outside the UK:
http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv (6 pounds for the game) - broadcast quality was good the last time I used it ...

S4uzee
28-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Is there a student price for this game? Can't see anything online but a friend says there was last time

I think there was last time but I noticed on website that there's not for this game and the only option is the full price

SteveHFC
28-03-2015, 10:28 AM
I won't be starting the match threads today as my unbeaten run ending last Sunday.

Stuarty27
28-03-2015, 10:33 AM
I fancy us today, one off week is not gonna ruin this season.

If Cummings isn't fit, he has to go with Malonga and Boyle imo.

scoopyboy
28-03-2015, 10:33 AM
No, and wouldn't have played if he was. He had to pull out of the u21 Scotland squad.

If Cummings is fit he can play, pulling out of the 21s has nothing to do with it.

I believe Hibs have three injury doubts as of yesterday.

PeeJay
28-03-2015, 10:47 AM
I fancy us today, one off week is not gonna ruin this season.

If Cummings isn't fit, he has to go with Malonga and Boyle imo.

There will have to be a huge improvement in work rate, motivation and professionalism if we are to get anything at all from today's game ... I envy you your optimism .... hope you're right. Agree with you about Boyle, not so sure about Malonga ...

trev the hat
28-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Raith may have a go at us and see us as a wee bit vulnerable after last week result, they normally play 1 up top but I think they'll go with 2, if they do we should go 3 at the back which means one of our midfield misses out. Or we go 4-3-3 with Djedje and Boyle out wide but if we stay with the diamond then Cummings has to come in if fit, either way this is gonna be a tough game for us and we need to get a possitive response from the players

Can't see us playing 3 up to J, it will be a straight 4-4-2 match up imo
I'd like to see Stanton or Handling getting a start ahead of Dje dje

Billy Whizz
28-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Was speaking to one of the Raith players yesterday. He said today is there last throw of the dice for a play off place, they are only 7 points behind Falkirk and 8 behind Queens.
We need to improve dramatically on last week

Jones28
28-03-2015, 11:23 AM
If ever a boot up the arse was needed it's today.

bingo70
28-03-2015, 11:29 AM
If ever a boot up the arse was needed it's today.

Why?

I think it was proven last season under butcher a boot up the arse rarely works nowadays.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2015, 11:43 AM
Just finished my game. Wind was utterly horrific. Totally killed the game. If it's anything like that in Kirkcaldy then getting the 3 points any way we can will do.

I was taking goal kicks and I could feel I was getting a decent connection on it, the ball would travel about 45/50 yards before a gust of wind would hold it up and it would hang in mid air before blowing back towards our goal.

matty_f
28-03-2015, 11:46 AM
Missing the game today due to work, normally would be right up for the short journey up to Kirkcaldy for this one, so pretty gutted to be missing it. Would take 3 points any way we can get them, if it's a scrappy one nil, that'll do me.

I think it's crucial we bounce straight back from last week's setback. Anything other than a Hibs win will just give The Rangers more encouragement and confidence.

SteveHFC
28-03-2015, 11:46 AM
Hope anyone doesn't sit beside me today as I'm ill :greengrin

Keith_M
28-03-2015, 11:53 AM

I'm coming over on a Fishing Trawler, so you better not sit near me, cos the smell might just finish you off :wink:

matty_f
28-03-2015, 11:54 AM

It's a bit windy as well Steve, you sure you'll be ok mate? :greengrin:

Keith_M
28-03-2015, 11:56 AM
It's a bit windy as well Steve, you sure you'll be ok mate? :greengrin:

He only ever stays till half-time anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Plenty Hibs punters in The Penny Farthing pub.

Juice-Terry
28-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Had an argument wae ma bird, she can get tae f***. The money im meant to owe her is getting spent on a t icket. Im stilll steeeeemingg

Legend. :thumbsup:

Jones28
28-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Why?

I think it was proven last season under butcher a boot up the arse rarely works nowadays.

I think if hearts had performed that poorly they'd have been given a kick up the arse.

We weren't given a kick last season, we were given a mental battering by a footballing dinosaur with outdated ideas.

Ronniekirk
28-03-2015, 12:06 PM
If Cummings is fit he can play, pulling out of the 21s has nothing to do with it.

I believe Hibs have three injury doubts as of yesterday.

Presumably Gray and Cummings are two who is the third Fyfie has been limping in last few games after heavy tackles so at some point he may need to miss out to avoid a longer term injury

SteveHFC
28-03-2015, 12:07 PM
He only ever stays till half-time anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Exactly 😂

SteveHFC
28-03-2015, 12:08 PM

Hero :faf:

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Why?

He has a point, that was coming last week as we've looked sluggish past few weeks so maybe we needed that to show we can't become complacent.

As for Butcher he never gave us the boot up the arse, he just slaughtered and abused the players! There is a big difference trust me.

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 12:10 PM
With this wind today's game could be a lottery. Any games I've been to with winds this bad the games have been utter dross! I'll put my money on this one being the same. Be great to pick up 3 points but I'm not so sure about today now!

Jones28
28-03-2015, 12:17 PM
He has a point, that was coming last week as we've looked sluggish past few weeks so maybe we needed that to show we can't become complacent.

As for Butcher he never gave us the boot up the arse, he just slaughtered and abused the players! There is a big difference trust me.

Put it better than me TC 👍

Ronniekirk
28-03-2015, 12:18 PM
With Stevie losing his record last week who is picking up the mantle of starting the Official Match Day Thread this week.

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Put it better than me TC [emoji106]

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
28-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Just went very dark here HC and started to rain quite heavy. Wind also picking up.

Just along the road for me but cannot make it :-( due to a poorly wee girl.

Hard hard game but I expect us to get back on track with a hard fought win.

1-3 Hibs.
Hope the wee lassie picks up soon and your prediction of 1 3 for Hibs comes good Aldo although any win I will take after last week

sleeping giant
28-03-2015, 12:30 PM
I have an excuse for not attending today but I might get slated for it.
My wife is going out for a meal and peeve tonight and asked me to give the group of them a lift into the town at 4.

Normally I would have told her to bolt but they are all coming here before hand to finish getting ready :greengrin
One is a tattooed honey and the other two are classy looking lesbians .
Can't wait to pick them up later when they're pashed :greengrin

One is here already and I'm struggling to hold the belly in already .

sleeping giant
28-03-2015, 12:32 PM
Oh aye , mon the Hibees

Brightside
28-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Just finished my game. Wind was utterly horrific. Totally killed the game. If it's anything like that in Kirkcaldy then getting the 3 points any way we can will do.

I was taking goal kicks and I could feel I was getting a decent connection on it, the ball would travel about 45/50 yards before a gust of wind would hold it up and it would hang in mid air before blowing back towards our goal.

Typical hoofball.. :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
28-03-2015, 12:33 PM

Who you playing for now mate?

Smartie
28-03-2015, 12:34 PM
You need to have more about you than just a boot up the arse (or abuse, relentless negativity etc) which is all that Butcher seemed to be prepared to use.

I think it still has a place but it has to be used sparingly.

When a manager who usually treats you well goes ballistic and goes for the "rocket up the arse" approach you know you have to pay attention and buck up your ideas.

I'm sure Stubbs will have witnessed many different approaches as a player. I hope that this is a trick he has up his sleeve as I think it is a trick that be very useful if used at the right times.

If it wasn't used last week and it's all looking a bit half-arsed today I'd like to think he wouldn't be afraid to show another side of himself.

Aldo
28-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Hope the wee lassie picks up soon and your prediction of 1 3 for Hibs comes good Aldo although any win I will take after last week

Thanks Ronnie she's not as bad as yesterday but still no right!! Agree with you any win any way will defo do me!

SteveHFC
28-03-2015, 12:40 PM
I have an excuse for not attending today but I might get slated for it.
My wife is going out for a meal and peeve tonight and asked me to give the group of them a lift into the town at 4.

Normally I would have told her to bolt but they are all coming here before hand to finish getting ready :greengrin
One is a tattooed honey and the other two are classy looking lesbians .
Can't wait to pick them up later when they're pashed :greengrin

One is here already and I'm struggling to hold the belly in already .

:faf:

GreenArmyyy!
28-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Anybody got the team sheet?

Brightside
28-03-2015, 12:57 PM

Stubbs was in Reds cafe this morning getting a coffee. Handling may come in..

GreenArmyyy!
28-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Just realised my mistake, I am in Hamburg and it's turning 3pm now!

WillowbraeHibby
28-03-2015, 01:04 PM

Hibernian FC ‏@HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) 24s25 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/581818445055942658)
#Hibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibs?src=hash) Oxley, Gray, Watson, Fontaine, Stevenson, Robertson, Stanton, Fyvie, McGeouch, Allan, Malonga #RRFCvHFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/RRFCvHFC?src=hash)

ManBearPig
28-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Interesting 451? Or Stanton up front?

sleeping giant
28-03-2015, 01:09 PM
Interesting 451? Or Stanton up front?

4411?

matty_f
28-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Hibernian FC ‏@HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) 24s25 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/581818445055942658)
#Hibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibs?src=hash) Oxley, Gray, Watson, Fontaine, Stevenson, Robertson, Stanton, Fyvie, McGeouch, Allan, Malonga #RRFCvHFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/RRFCvHFC?src=hash)

No Hanlon today?

Is he playing Stanton up front with Malonga?

Billy Whizz
28-03-2015, 01:12 PM
No Hanlon today?

Probably not as an out and out striker, Stanton excels at getting into the box, and getting shots away, here's hoping

SteveHFC
28-03-2015, 01:16 PM

http://i.imgur.com/8CmfRGi.gif

Andy74
28-03-2015, 01:18 PM
The Raith Rovers club are offering live video of the game for fans outside the UK:
http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv (6 pounds for the game) - broadcast quality was good the last time I used it ...

Nice one. Can't make it today do this will do

marti1875
28-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Nice one. Can't make it today do this will do

Outside the UK remember??

Andy74
28-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Outside the UK remember??

Yep. Not a problem!

J-C
28-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Can't see us playing 3 up to J, it will be a straight 4-4-2 match up imo
I'd like to see Stanton or Handling getting a start ahead of Dje dje

Was more thinking the 3 up top, would be 2 wide men and a striker through the middle, the midfield are important today, they need to get their fingers out prove a point today.

Just seen the team 4-5-1

marti1875
28-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Yep. Not a problem!

:wink: Aye easy to get round that wee errm "problem" i guess! :greengrin

scoopyboy
28-03-2015, 09:40 PM
No Hanlon today?

Wallace done Paul's hamstring when he fouled him at Huns second goal.

Will be fit for next Saturday.

silverhibee
28-03-2015, 11:14 PM
Wallace done Paul's hamstring when he fouled him at Huns second goal.

Will be fit for next Saturday.

Good to hear.