PDA

View Full Version : They still don't get it!!

Mikey09
26-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Working tonight listening to Sportsound. Yes I know I shouldn't put myself through it!! Anyway... Tonight's guest, Paul Hartley is asked about his career, gets to signing for the Yams and everyone starts reminiscing about the "unbeatables." Telling each other what a fantastic team that was and how well they did to go the first 12 games unbeaten, not mentioning the game they lost! And how fantastically well they did to split the bigot twins....... However, shock horror, not a peep about how this was all funded, and how there lust for short term success nearly put them out of business and shafted lots of local businesses.... They still don't get it..... It's what big teams do.... :na na:

O'Rourke3
26-03-2015, 11:18 PM
I left work at about 6:30 so put it on the car radio. In that section, introducing their guest they ran a segment from the Hampden Semi. I can only surmise that there is indeed a BBC bias - unlikely perhaps - or he was asked if there were any favourite clips he'd like. So sad either way.

AK86
26-03-2015, 11:44 PM
There comes a time in life, when you don't get annoyed by trivial pash , and accept that you can look yourself in the mirror , knowing you have made the right choices which have not had a horrific effect on others.
We , can look at mirrors.

Sean1875
27-03-2015, 05:49 AM
There comes a time in life, when you don't get annoyed by trivial pash , and accept that you can look yourself in the mirror , knowing you have made the right choices which have not had a horrific effect on others.

well said that man.

Pretty Boy
27-03-2015, 06:23 AM
The fact they all seem to get a semi every time they talk about 'splitting the OF' sums up how much of a big team they really are.

A real big team would class not winning the league that year as a failure.

green day
27-03-2015, 07:02 AM
FWIW, I work with a lot of jambos (they all report to me though, so I keep them honest !) and they sometimes cant help themselves - even the reasonable ones still talk about 5-1 and conveniently airbrush the financial reality away.

I heard some of it too and annoying it certainly was - but we were gubbed that day (bought and paid with stolen money or not).

However hartley didnt come across as an erse, he just came across as a guy who wanted to play football - and sounded genuinely happy to have been given the chances he got.

Lets hope that in years to come we get a similar story from one J Cummings about how he was gutted to be released by the tax cheats, but then his wonderful cap and trophy filled career is owed entirely to Hibs !

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2015, 07:11 AM
The fact they all seem to get a semi every time they talk about 'splitting the OF' sums up how much of a big team they really are.

A real big team would class not winning the league that year as a failure.

This goes back to the days of the FTB when they said they wanted to be the "third force". Who sets out to be third in anything?

CB_NO3
27-03-2015, 08:08 AM
They claim to be the 'big team'. What? Bigger than Hibs lol. We have had more rubbish teams than good teams in the 20 years I have watched Hibs. If thats what floats their boat then good luck to them. They have also only won one more cup than us over the last 50 years, all this with having 25 million more than every other club in Scotland to play with. They are also glorious failures in Scottish football.

As someone else says, there becomes a time when you just don't get worked up by this usual crap.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-03-2015, 08:12 AM

Yam faces don't show on real mirrors apparently...

lyonhibs
27-03-2015, 08:14 AM

Not exactly a catchy marketing tag line is it?

I'm not really fussed what Hartley said or did not say. Why would he go "oh aye, but then we got pumped by Hibs" or "my wage was funded by missing Bosnian pensioner funds" or whatever?

Ignore what Hearts and Hearts fans/ex-players say, and stop pretending we wouldn't have rather enjoyed 3 Scottish Cup wins in the past 17 years, even if the income that funded it wasn't quite HMRC approved.

Hank Schrader
27-03-2015, 08:30 AM
even if the income that funded it wasn't quite HMRC approved.

What a completely ill informed statement that is. :rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2015, 08:38 AM
Hartley was badly treated by Hibs. You can't blame him for saying one of the highlights of his career was beating us in a semi final. You also can't blame the BBC for featuring that game when it was what he wanted to talk about.

There's rivalry and there's sheer ingrained pettiness.

JimBHibees
27-03-2015, 08:38 AM
Uncomfortable as it is to admit we would be more than likely be doing exactly the same level of gloating in their position.

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2015, 08:41 AM
Not exactly a catchy marketing tag line is it?

I'm not really fussed what Hartley said or did not say. Why would he go "oh aye, but then we got pumped by Hibs" or "my wage was funded by missing Bosnian pensioner funds" or whatever?

Ignore what Hearts and Hearts fans/ex-players say, and stop pretending we wouldn't have rather enjoyed 3 Scottish Cup wins in the past 17 years, even if the income that funded it wasn't quite HMRC approved.

There is a philosophical angle to this though. If you win something by cheating, did you win it at all?

An analogy could be the guy living in poverty who says that it was worth it to have lived in the mansion he bought with a fraudulent mortgage. Every time he shows a picture of it, he's showing a picture of stolen goods.

Billy Whizz
27-03-2015, 09:36 AM
Hartley was badly treated by Hibs. You can't blame him for saying one of the highlights of his career was beating us in a semi final. You also can't blame the BBC for featuring that game when it was what he wanted to talk about.

I listened to him on Sportsound last night. If you listen from around 35 mins, he briefly mentions his time at Hibs. Said it didn't work out for him at Hibs, for whatever reasons, but didn't have a go at Hibs, think he took a bit of responsibility for his time with us.
Didn't realise he was an "S" signing at Hibs from 12 to 16, Hibs only offered him a 6 month deal, so he signed for Hamilton instead

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/scottish-football/id129625085?mt=2#episodeGuid=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload s.bbc.co.uk%2Fpodcasts%2Fscotland%2Fscotfoot%2Fsco tfoot_20150326-1830.mp3

NAE NOOKIE
27-03-2015, 09:50 AM

Don't know if Hartley was badly treated by Hibs though, there was nothing memorable about his time with us, he was ok but certainly nothing like the player he would go on to be after he left. In fact his most memorable moment was the day he was warming up behind the goals and the team we were playing kicked the ball back to us from a restart ..... Hartley, not realising the game had restarted, ran onto the pitch and booted the ball back up the park. The opposition got a free kick and he got a booking :faf:

Nando™
27-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Uncomfortable as it is to admit we would be more than likely be doing exactly the same level of gloating in their position.

Most people would, as most people don't care how many charities are robbed and income taxes bumped.

They won't admit that their club is the **** of the earth because they've invested too much emotion into it and 5-1 will forever live in their memories.

And it's because of all this that I take immense delight in dishing out the hard truth and making them feel either incredibly terrible about it or extremely angry.

Kato
27-03-2015, 10:24 AM
They have also only won one more cup than us over the last 50 years, all this with having 25 million more than every other club in Scotland to play with.

The spent/stole/fudged way, way more than 25 million other people's dough in that time. Mercer left them £4Million in debt, the SMG money, the embezzled monies from Lithuania.

They debt unpaid from their Admin was anything between £28-£33 alone.

Not a red face among them,.....well not that type of red face.

FitbaFolkKen
27-03-2015, 10:39 AM
All history will show is that they got Cups and good teams while we got mediocrity for our astute financial management. Both teams got punished with relegation in the same season. As much as I hate to say it at least they had some fun before the push!

Always a Hibby though! #GGTTH

snooky
27-03-2015, 11:18 AM

:agree: It's a reflection of the way we do our business

Deansy
27-03-2015, 11:20 AM
FWIW, I work with a lot of jambos (they all report to me though, so I keep them honest !) and they sometimes cant help themselves - even the reasonable ones still talk about 5-1 and conveniently airbrush the financial reality away.

I heard some of it too and annoying it certainly was - but we were gubbed that day (bought and paid with stolen money or not).

However hartley didnt come across as an erse, he just came across as a guy who wanted to play football - and sounded genuinely happy to have been given the chances he got.

Lets hope that in years to come we get a similar story from one J Cummings about how he was gutted to be released by the tax cheats, but then his wonderful cap and trophy filled career is owed entirely to Hibs !e

AND - more importantly, ALL achieved without any 'Dodgy-money' question marks against it !!

They claim to be the 'big team'. What? Bigger than Hibs lol. We have had more rubbish teams than good teams in the 20 years I have watched Hibs. If thats what floats their boat then good luck to them. They have also only won one more cup than us over the last 50 years, all this with having 25 million more than every other club in Scotland to play with. They are also glorious failures in Scottish football.

As someone else says, there becomes a time when you just don't get worked up by this usual crap.

If you take into account all the numerous 'Share-for-Equity' deals and the 'deals/debts' by Merger and Robinson, the true amount is closer to £100m - all horsed to win an almighty 3 cups !!!. To put it into context, we've won the same amount as them (League-cups) in that time !

Phil D. Rolls
27-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Don't know if Hartley was badly treated by Hibs though, there was nothing memorable about his time with us, he was ok but certainly nothing like the player he would go on to be after he left. In fact his most memorable moment was the day he was warming up behind the goals and the team we were playing kicked the ball back to us from a restart ..... Hartley, not realising the game had restarted, ran onto the pitch and booted the ball back up the park. The opposition got a free kick and he got a booking :faf:

:agree:

Midweek game vs Dundee. The game hadn't restarted, the booking was for going onto the pitch without the ref's permission. I felt for him that night - he just wasn't able to do anything right at Hibs.

Kato
27-03-2015, 12:08 PM
All history will show is that they got Cups and good teams while we got mediocrity for our astute financial management.

That's what one version of history will show. There is always more than one version of history.

Geo_1875
27-03-2015, 12:09 PM

Midweek game vs Dundee. The game hadn't restarted, the booking was for going onto the pitch without the ref's permission. I felt for him that night - he just wasn't able to do anything right at Hibs.

A completely anonymous player at ER. He was tried in various positions but was no good in any of them. Strangely enough what turned out to be his best position was his least favourite, working hard in the middle of the park.

Geo_1875
27-03-2015, 12:13 PM
That's what one version of history will show. There is always more than one version of history.

In their version they will have won a world war, stood like a Colossus over Scottish football and only stumbled at the final hurdle in their quest for European glory. All funded by the monthly donations of 400,000 loyal fans.

Kato
27-03-2015, 12:24 PM
In their version they will have won a world war, stood like a Colossus over Scottish football and only stumbled at the final hurdle in their quest for European glory. All funded by the monthly donations of 400,000 loyal fans.

Whereas in our version they are all tomaty-heided, cardigan wearing, council-brown-nosing, sneak-theives.

Somewhere in the middle is the facts, but not exactly in the middle.

KeithTheHibby
27-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Firstly a lot of teams go 12 matches unbeatable. Doesn't make them a great team.

Secondly splitting the old firm? In the last 25 years Aberdeen, Motherwell and even ourselves 'split' the old firm however I don't hear any of us banging on about it.

Admittedly the yams did have a good season that year however they finished the league almost 20 points behind Celtic and the title was effectively over by New Year when Celtic beat them at Swiney.
Let's also not forget how jammy they were to beat a second division team in the cup final. If Derek Townsley had been able to take a penalty then we could be talking about how much an embarrassment that season was instead of banging on about how amazing they apparently were.

Deluded muppets the lot of them.

givescotlandfreedom
27-03-2015, 12:54 PM
They're thieves and cheats. There's no pride in that.

hibee-boys
27-03-2015, 01:21 PM
I think we spend too much time concerning ourselves with THEM, lets be honest we struggled to beat them for long enough before their undeniable cheating started! Given that I'm in my late 30's all I've really known is them getting one over us more often than not. We're trying to build a forward looking club, hopefully this will bring us success on the pitch eventually. Let's channel our energies into supporting OUR club and stop bumping our gums about what has gone on in Gorgie.

ekhibee
27-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Firstly, I don't give a **** about Hearts. Secondly, unlike a lot of people on here, I thought Hartley was quite a good player for us. All about opinions I suppose. Lots of people on here probably thought Brian Hamilton was a good player. I didn't. IMO Hartley was a far better player than Hamilton ever was, but I don't expect many on here to agree with me.

Geo_1875
27-03-2015, 02:04 PM
I think we spend too much time concerning ourselves with THEM, lets be honest we struggled to beat them for long enough before their undeniable cheating started! Given that I'm in my late 30's all I've really known is them getting one over us more often than not. We're trying to build a forward looking club, hopefully this will bring us success on the pitch eventually. Let's channel our energies into supporting OUR club and stop bumping our gums about what has gone on in Gorgie.

That depends when you believe their cheating started. I'm older than you and I can remember when they couldn't buy a win against Hibs from the mid 60's through to the break up of the Tornado's. Both teams were absolute crap for the remainder of the 70's and early 80's. It was only when FTB took them over and started using other peoples money that they gained any superiority on the park.

hibs0666
27-03-2015, 02:06 PM
They get it alright. They are more than comfortable to take the upside and blame someone else for the downside. It's the yam way.

lyonhibs
27-03-2015, 02:21 PM
What a completely ill informed statement that is. :rolleyes:

No, it's a well informed statement in so far as if a Hibs captain lifted the Scottish Cup and we had a Vlad figure "on board" at the time, would you be sitting in your seat tutting going "I do hope the accounts have been audited correctly" or whatever.

For what it's worth, clearly Hearts behaviour in shafting creditors was immoral, but I just don't believe that - if we'd enjoyed the (as it now transpires) dubiously funded good times in terms of SC wins that they have had recently - all us Hibs fans would be mumping about how squeaky clean our income streams were whilst the good times were rolling.

Onion
27-03-2015, 04:39 PM
No, it's a well informed statement in so far as if a Hibs captain lifted the Scottish Cup and we had a Vlad figure "on board" at the time, would you be sitting in your seat tutting going "I do hope the accounts have been audited correctly" or whatever.

For what it's worth, clearly Hearts behaviour in shafting creditors was immoral, but I just don't believe that - if we'd enjoyed the (as it now transpires) dubiously funded good times in terms of SC wins that they have had recently - all us Hibs fans would be mumping about how squeaky clean our income streams were whilst the good times were rolling.

There's a MASSIVE difference between a club that buys success at the expense of small business, charities, pensioners and tax-payers (The Yams) and a club that is funded by some wealthy supporter risking their own money (e.g. Turnbull's Tornados). The former is morally abhorrent and embarrassing, the latter is fair play.

The fact that the Huns and Yams have shown no contrition speaks volumes for the type of clubs they are, and the type of people who follow them. Their moral compass lies in the gutter. Just one more good reason for supporting Hibs.

One Day Soon
27-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Hartley was pretty dignified in the interview, said nothing pejorative about Hibs and actually went up substantially in my estimation.

The ones who covered themselves in ignorant ordure were the 'journalists' slavering about what might have been - while either conveniently failing to acknowledge the gross misuse of other people's money, loans, pension funds and poppy donations or alternatively just demonstrating real ignorance about what had gone on. They managed to mention Romanov, but only in the context of asking whether he interfered in team matters.

Rather like discussing some major 20th century despot such as Hitler or Stalin, but only to enquire about their shopping habits. Completely surreal.

Pete
28-03-2015, 04:28 AM

I agree to an extent but if we had Romanov in charge then I for one wouldn't be there to see Hibs win the Scottish cup.

He trivialised child abuse not once, but twice, and I simply wouldn't have been back. The inaction of so many supporters who basically turned a blind eye to this mans statements because of the riches he promised would have been the icing on the cake.

I know for a fact that a lot of them felt really uncomfortable with the club but they still returned. This great fan movement was nowhere to be seen.

As for the money issues...like a lot of guys who opposed Romanov, they were shouted down. Chris Robinson stared reality in the face, came up with an honourable solution and look at how they treated him. Run out of town for daring to suggest that hearts face up to their responsibilities.

Sorry if any decent hearts fans read this but there's only one team living in any sort of "shadow" and it isn't Hibernian.

...and all this "wee team/big team" stuff...try doing something that Dunfermline didn't do ten years earlier. Even your insults aren't original and at least with the Fife teams there was an element of irony involved.

Tricla
28-03-2015, 06:24 AM
Forget them. They're all c***s.

Jack Hackett
28-03-2015, 11:30 AM
I agree to an extent but if we had Romanov in charge then I for one wouldn't be there to see Hibs win the Scottish cup.

He trivialised child abuse not once, but twice, and I simply wouldn't have been back. The inaction of so many supporters who basically turned a blind eye to this mans statements because of the riches he promised would have been the icing on the cake.

I know for a fact that a lot of them felt really uncomfortable with the club but they still returned. This great fan movement was nowhere to be seen.

As for the money issues...like a lot of guys who opposed Romanov, they were shouted down. Chris Robinson stared reality in the face, came up with an honourable solution and look at how they treated him. Run out of town for daring to suggest that hearts face up to their responsibilities.

Sorry if any decent hearts fans read this but there's only one team living in any sort of "shadow" and it isn't Hibernian.

...and all this "wee team/big team" stuff...try doing something that Dunfermline didn't do ten years earlier. Even your insults aren't original and at least with the Fife teams there was an element of irony involved.

As one of the 'Riccarton 3', Hartley at least tried to open the eyes of a support who saw nothing but £ signs and love hearts when they gazed on their glorious leader. Glory hunting ***** the lot of them :jamboak:

matty_f
28-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Forget them. They're all c***s.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Hartley was pretty dignified in the interview, said nothing pejorative about Hibs and actually went up substantially in my estimation.

The ones who covered themselves in ignorant ordure were the 'journalists' slavering about what might have been - while either conveniently failing to acknowledge the gross misuse of other people's money, loans, pension funds and poppy donations or alternatively just demonstrating real ignorance about what had gone on. They managed to mention Romanov, but only in the context of asking whether he interfered in team matters.

Rather like discussing some major 20th century despot such as Hitler or Stalin, but only to enquire about their shopping habits. Completely surreal.

Tbh I don't really mind Hartley.

He loved getting it up us because of grievances he felt about the way he thought he was treated at Hibs. However he was generally pretty good about taking it back. I rememver sitting in the old east (2-2 Zibi gifted a goal back when we were 2 up) and Hartley was gettings absolute dogs abuse as he waited to take a free kick. He just stood there laughing at some of the stuff being thrown at him and took it all pretty well.

There's been far worse played for Heartd over the years than Hartley.

mjhibby
28-03-2015, 01:13 PM
I just find them incredibly embarrassing as our city neighbours. Never a word of reality comes from their lips and like sportsound they live in their own wee bubble. They are the pub bores,the guy you avoid at parties or dread bumping into in the street.im incredibly proud to be a hibby irrelevant of how much hell they put me through and with our current set up at the club am very optimistic for the future.im not interested in anything they have to say and the fact they airbrush everything that's happened at the pbs in the last twenty years shows the are space cadets. I'm sure they will no doubt repeat the same failings and its to our national press's eternal shame that like sevco evething is conveniently forgotten. We will have our day and it will be done the Hibs way with class and dignity something the Gorgie hordes have never had. Rant over.

28-03-2015, 01:28 PM
I just find them incredibly embarrassing as our city neighbours. Never a word of reality comes from their lips and like sportsound they live in their own wee bubble. They are the pub bores,the guy you avoid at parties or dread bumping into in the street.im incredibly proud to be a hibby irrelevant of how much hell they put me through and with our current set up at the club am very optimistic for the future.im not interested in anything they have to say and the fact they airbrush everything that's happened at the pbs in the last twenty years shows the are space cadets. I'm sure they will no doubt repeat the same failings and its to our national press's eternal shame that like sevco evething is conveniently forgotten. We will have our day and it will be done the Hibs way with class and dignity something the Gorgie hordes have never had. Rant over.

This. Everybody knows them for what they really are - robbing, shameless charity thieves that conned and stole off just about everyone just to get themselves a bit of cheated glory. It's beyond their comprehension as they chose to live in this delusional little "we are the big team" fantasy land and don't look like they will ever feel shame for the way their club has disgustingly gone about its business over the years. No class. No shame.

Arrogance and delusion seems to be the hearts way.

Andy74
28-03-2015, 01:47 PM
As one of the 'Riccarton 3', Hartley at least tried to open the eyes of a support who saw nothing but £ signs and love hearts when they gazed on their glorious leader. Glory hunting ***** the lot of them :jamboak:

No. The Riccarton 3 were concerned about him getting in the way of their success by picking the team and so on. They were not trying to expose any wrong doing.

Jack Hackett
28-03-2015, 02:07 PM
No. The Riccarton 3 were concerned about him getting in the way of their success by picking the team and so on. They were not trying to expose any wrong doing.

I stand corrected.....the support are still glory hunting ***** though, who stick their fingers in their ears at the first sign of any criticism

givescotlandfreedom
28-03-2015, 06:20 PM

1000 times this!

Mikey09
28-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Ok. Going by a lot of the posts I would just like to say I had no real problem with what Hartley said. My point was more towards the clowns with him reminiscing about success bought with Money they didn't have yet not one of them, Hartley included, brought that small fact up. That is what pisses me off, not really paul Hartley. :thumbsup:

weonlywon6-2
28-03-2015, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=AK86;4334216]There comes a time in life, when you don't get annoyed by trivial pash , and accept that you can look yourself in the mirror , knowing you have made the right choices which have not had a horrific effect on other
s.
We , can look at mirrors.[/

Thats one way of putting it

QUOTE]

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2015, 09:58 PM
They also don't get how ugly they are, nor how appalling their personal hygiene is. Perspicacity isn't aplenty in Gorgie. Just be glad you aren't one of them.