PDA

View Full Version : Bothwell Street Footbridge

snooky
26-03-2015, 11:13 PM
I don't know if this has already been discussed but what genius decided it was a good idea to have staggered railings at each end of the footbridge?
FFS, was the exercise "How to make a small problem a bigger one"?
:wtf::ostrich::crazy::grr:

erin go bragh
26-03-2015, 11:33 PM
God. . Ive no crossed that bridge since the 80s . You only walked into the pillar once :-)

Ggtth

Scouse Hibee
26-03-2015, 11:58 PM
I don't know if this has already been discussed but what genius decided it was a good idea to have staggered railings at each end of the footbridge?
FFS, was the exercise "How to make a small problem a bigger one"?
:wtf::ostrich::crazy::grr:

Nowt wrong with them, they serve a purpose in preventing motorbikes going across at speed. The issue is that they should be unlocked and opened for the match day crowd yet only ever seen them open once.

Pete
27-03-2015, 12:18 AM
Nowt wrong with them, they serve a purpose in preventing motorbikes going across at speed.

The bridge of zoom!

jae
27-03-2015, 03:35 AM
God. . Ive no crossed that bridge since the 80s . You only walked into the pillar once :-)

Ggtth

I think that was why away fans call it Bollock Bridge :wink:

Peevemor
27-03-2015, 06:35 AM
My big brother broke his collar bone in a crush on that bridge after a Hibs v Celtc match back in the 60s. My dad then refused to take me to my first match until I was 'bigger' and since my brother is 7 years older than me I had quite a wait - I was nearly 13 before I got to my first match.

superfurryhibby
27-03-2015, 08:03 AM
Nowt wrong with them, they serve a purpose in preventing motorbikes going across at speed. The issue is that they should be unlocked and opened for the match day crowd yet only ever seen them open once.

Mmm, I'm not aware of motorbikes having a history of terrorising pedestrians on the bridge. That is pure discrimination against the followers of two wheeled pleasure:greengrin

They should undoubtedly be opened on match days. Even small games bring about quite a log jam at those gates, I would always park up at Abbeyhill these past few years and went that way. Pain in the erchie.

Hibbyradge
27-03-2015, 08:53 AM
They should be closed on match days, particularly against the huns and THEM.

In fact, the bridge should be withdrawn altogether and be replaced by a hologram or illusion of a bridge.

JimBHibees
27-03-2015, 09:43 AM
They should be closed on match days, particularly against the huns and THEM.

In fact, the bridge should be withdrawn altogether and be replaced by a hologram or illusion of a bridge.

Agree the bridge should be closed and you could have one of the swinging wooden plank bridges that always collapse in films when too many folk on them. One of the Indiana Jones films had one. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
27-03-2015, 09:46 AM
Agree the bridge should be closed and you could have one of the swinging wooden plank bridges that always collapse in films when too many folk on them. One of the Indiana Jones films had one. :greengrin

:thumbsup:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/rope-bridge-2-15417495.jpg

JimBHibees
27-03-2015, 09:48 AM

Thats the one. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
27-03-2015, 04:32 PM

That's a bridge too far.

Killiehibbie
27-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Has there always been a Crawford Bridge sign on it? I used to cross it going to school but only noticed the sign a few years ago.

Bay Area Hibees
27-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Lol