PDA

View Full Version : From today's BBC sport Scottish gossip ... Mark oxley

WillowbraeHibby
26-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Seen this earlier, comments fellow Hibbys....

Hibernian could face competition from Sheffield Wednesday for the permanent signing of on-loan Hull City goalkeeper Mark Oxley from in the summer. (Daily Mail)

Last Minute
26-03-2015, 01:40 PM

Hibernian could face competition from Sheffield Wednesday for the permanent signing of on-loan Hull City goalkeeper Mark Oxley from in the summer. (Daily Mail)

Hope they take him.

My_Wife_Camille
26-03-2015, 01:41 PM
They're welcome to him

Oscar T Grouch
26-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Good to see the positivity flowing on .net again :wink:

J-C
26-03-2015, 01:55 PM
Decent keeper but nothing more, plenty out there just like him.

Northernhibee
26-03-2015, 01:56 PM
He's a good keeper and I hope we keep him.

Glorious St Pat
26-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Still think Cerny is better keeper.

Taz_hibee
26-03-2015, 01:57 PM

Thats my take on this as well, Im sure AS will be able to find a keeper as good if not better, maybe Cerny

J-C
26-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Thats my take on this as well, Im sure AS will be able to find a keeper as good if not better, maybe Cerny

Cerny was brought in with a view to cover initially and with the possibility of staying if we get promoted, that's my take on it, couldn't see Cerny signing to act as just cover to a loan keeper, he's too good for that.

My_Wife_Camille
26-03-2015, 02:15 PM
You want positive?

How about this?

The squad is far stronger than it was last year
We have a number of excellent young players, including the top scorer in the division
We have played some excellent football and have some even Better results
We have a Scottish Cup semi final to look forward to and a real chance of going up.
Scott Allan, Dylan McGeouch, Fraser Fyvie, Liam Fontaine, Dominique Malonga have been excellent signing.
Scott Robertson is like a whole new player and has improved massively.
McGivern, Nelson, Haynes, Collins are nowhere to be seen.

None of that takes away from the fact that I don't think we'd miss Mark Oxley at all.

MB62
26-03-2015, 02:22 PM

Vince, there's no point in being blind to certain things, we are not the best team even in this league so there has to be room for improvement. Oxley, IMO, is one of the guys who I don't think would be too difficult to improve on. As others have said, he is not a bad keeper, but he certainly doesn't fill me full of confidence.
If he's with us next season, so be it, he's not the worst Hibs keeper I have ever seen, but I would prefer to be looking to improve on that position.

Lago
26-03-2015, 02:24 PM
:aok:

Thecat23
26-03-2015, 02:26 PM
There are 100 Mark Oxleys out there! All bang average who some would happily keep others wouldn't. Personally I'd move him on anyway end of season and put Cerny in!

Geo_1875
26-03-2015, 02:36 PM
There are 100 Mark Oxleys out there! All bang average who some would happily keep others wouldn't. Personally I'd move him on anyway end of season and put Cerny in!

And buy another bang average keeper as backup?

JimBHibees
26-03-2015, 02:39 PM

Agree with that be careful what you wish for. He has done well for us and has a confident attitude which helps the defence as well as tremendous distribution.

JimBHibees
26-03-2015, 02:40 PM

When did he last play?

Smartie
26-03-2015, 02:44 PM
I was quite impressed by that chap who was playing for Norn Iron last night. Might be worth a look of we were to go up.

I'm happy enough with Oxley, he's solid enough and infinitely better than some of the jokers we've had in the past but that is not to say that we can't do better.

IrnBru22
26-03-2015, 02:46 PM
When did he last play?

Tuesday for the U20's

JimBHibees
26-03-2015, 02:46 PM
Tuesday for the U20's

In a first team?

JimBHibees
26-03-2015, 02:47 PM
I was quite impressed by that chap who was playing for Norn Iron last night. Might be worth a look of we were to go up.

I'm happy enough with Oxley, he's solid enough and infinitely better than some of the jokers we've had in the past but that is not to say that we can't do better.

He was the Falkirk goalie in the 4-3 semi who to put it mildly was very inconsistent.

Onion
26-03-2015, 03:03 PM

And.... so it begins. Expect much, much more of this negative crap coming from the Weegie-Lovin' media over the coming weeks as they do their level best to disrupt Hibs in their bid for promotion. And, by contrast, everything in Hunville will be on the up as Sevco's return to glory becomes inevitable.

Thecat23
26-03-2015, 03:07 PM
And buy another bang average keeper as backup?

What you mean?

WillowbraeHibby
26-03-2015, 03:10 PM
And.... so it begins. Expect much, much more of this negative crap coming from the Weegie-Lovin' media over the coming weeks as they do their level best to disrupt Hibs in their bid for promotion. And, by contrast, everything in Hunville will be on the up as Sevco's return to glory becomes inevitable.

And that Onion.... Is very true... :agree:

Caversham Green
26-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Wednesday have two very good keepers on their books this season - Kirkland and Westwood. Unless one is expected to leave in the summer I can't see why they'd go after Oxley.

Franck Stanton
26-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Whilst it is true Oxley is better than some of the imposters we have had in the past few years, he isn't, imo, that great a keeper There are a lot better out there & as a few have already posted , he would be one of the players I would hope would be replaced in the close-season.

silverhibee
26-03-2015, 04:10 PM

When was the last time you seen Cerny play, he hasn't played much football in the last few years, only 11 appearances for his last team last season.

Our 1st team goalkeeper should not be a loanee mind you and i don't think Oxley will be here next season if he has offers from down South, but i also don't think Cerny should be our 1st choice either, sure our scouts will be out looking for a new keeper for next season who will be contracted to Hibs for a few years to come.

Pretty Boy
26-03-2015, 04:27 PM

I concur.

Him and Cerny both signed up battling it out for the gloves would be fine by me.

Bayern Bru
26-03-2015, 04:30 PM

Falkirk goalie in 4-3 semi, now at Hamilton.

Has also played for Stranraer and Ross County. Started off at Celtic.

ekhibee
26-03-2015, 04:31 PM
I just think Cerny should be given a chance in the first team now that he's back from injury. If there's meant to be competition for the goalkeeping position he should be getting a chance, particularly if Oxley buggers off down south again, and Oxley is just a loan deal after all.

Bostonhibby
26-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Don't suppose there can be any unhelpful gossip about other clubs chasing the rangers starlets or their overpaid over the hill brigade either. Not that the BBC will be doing anything that might upset the ibrox applecart at this crucial time.

Ozyhibby
26-03-2015, 04:54 PM
According to STV's stats on why Hearts won the league, goal keeping is one of the areas where they were much stronger than us. We give oppositions less shooting opportunities than Hearts do but more of them result in goals against us. He just doesn't pull off enough saves compared to the Hearts goalie.

ancient hibee
26-03-2015, 04:57 PM
According to STV's stats on why Hearts won the league, goal keeping is one of the areas where they were much stronger than us. We give oppositions less shooting opportunities than Hearts do but more of them result in goals against us. He just doesn't pull off enough saves compared to the Hearts goalie.

I think that's right.I'm never aware of him making many saves but also not too many howlers unlike some we have had.I just think there's something lacking.If he did everything as well as he did in the 4-0 game I'd be happier.

Pretty Boy
26-03-2015, 05:05 PM

Tbh that stat is pretty much worthless.

It doesn't take account of where the shots on goal are coming from. Did it differntiate between a team having 6 shots from 20+ yards against Hearts v a team having 3 shots from within 12 yards against Hibs for example?

Matty_Jack04
26-03-2015, 05:09 PM
I think oxley's a good keeper and he's at an age where he'll improve with experience if we could sign both oxley and cerny for next season id be more than happy with that.
We had our best defensive run in a number of years up until we conceded against Livi a few weeks ago I think Ox deserves just as much credit for that as the guys Infront of him

Smartie
26-03-2015, 05:20 PM

I was speaking to a Yam friend of mine a few weeks ago, he was massively impressed by their keeper this season. He said that he was a huge step up from MacDonald (which I found strange as I though MacDonald was pretty good and popular there).

The only howler I can recall Oxley making was at Alloa in the cup. He's flapped at the odd cross but most keepers do and I'd say that he does better than most in this regard. Most of the tricky ones he tries to punch and to be honest he's good at getting it far away from the danger area.

He hasn't made as many great saves as a lot of our past keepers have, but then again he's probably had less to save (and as pointed out above, less good chances to save) than those who went before him.

He's had some very good games and made some decent saves though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-03-2015, 05:23 PM
If they want him then they will get him. No competition. Money talks.

sleeping giant
26-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Won't be hard to replace if he goes .

Thecat23
26-03-2015, 06:37 PM
When was the last time you seen Cerny play, he hasn't played much football in the last few years, only 11 appearances for his last team last season.

Our 1st team goalkeeper should not be a loanee mind you and i don't think Oxley will be here next season if he has offers from down South, but i also don't think Cerny should be our 1st choice either, sure our scouts will be out looking for a new keeper for next season who will be contracted to Hibs for a few years to come.

I don't think it matters how many games he's played Silver. Craig Gordon was out the game for God knows how long! If a keeper is good enough then he should be given his chance! I always liked Cerny myself and actually rate him!

Pretty Boy
26-03-2015, 06:55 PM

I disagree.

How long did it take us to replace Daniel Andersson?

Simom Brown
Zibi
MaKalambay
McNeil
Smith
Mark Brown

It was arguably when we had a fit for half a season Stack that we next had a decent keeper. Ben Williams was the first consistently fit and consistently decent. When you look at that list above we could be doing a lot worse than Oxley and there's no guarantee we'd replace him, or Cerny, with better.

I struggle to think of too many mistakes Oxley has made this year and I've seen 90%+ of the games he's played in. He's been pretty steady imo.

Brooster
26-03-2015, 07:32 PM
He doesnt command his box in the slightest. He never attacks the ball in the hope that someone else clears it. I dont think he has the heart or the bottle to be a top goalie. I think we should look elsewhere for a goalie.

Capt Mainwaring
26-03-2015, 07:38 PM

Be careful what you wish for. Our Goalkeeping pedigree is poor over the last few years.

I think Oxley is fine and would be happy for him to sign a longer contract. Not a priority to replace

sleeping giant
26-03-2015, 08:02 PM
I disagree.

How long did it take us to replace Daniel Andersson?

Simom Brown
Zibi
MaKalambay
McNeil
Smith
Mark Brown

It was arguably when we had a fit for half a season Stack that we next had a decent keeper. Ben Williams was the first consistently fit and consistently decent. When you look at that list above we could be doing a lot worse than Oxley and there's no guarantee we'd replace him, or Cerny, with better.

I struggle to think of too many mistakes Oxley has made this year and I've seen 90%+ of the games he's played in. He's been pretty steady imo.
Not trying to slate him , honestly .
He is decent but I would trust Stubbs judgement on other keepers.
I would imagine there will be others like Oxley in England looking for experience.
Not saying in want rid. Just saying he could be replaced .

sleeping giant
26-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Be careful what you wish for. Our Goalkeeping pedigree is poor over the last few years.

I think Oxley is fine and would be happy for him to sign a longer contract. Not a priority to replace
Not really wishing mate.
Just think that the way we work now , we could pick up someone like him from England.

Sir David Gray
26-03-2015, 11:22 PM
I'm sure he could be replaced.

That's not meant to be too much of a criticism of him as I do think he's a good goalkeeper but I believe there are other goalkeepers out there of a similar standard and who would be within our budget.

brog
27-03-2015, 07:33 AM
I think this thread has turned into a measured debate but the first 2 responses to the OP, "Hope they take him" & "they're welcome to him" were mean spirited at best. The same point could have been made in a much less nasty way & any players reading this board must be bewildered at times. FWIW, as someone living in England I've long held the opinion that there's a huge pot of keepers playing down here who are at least of equal ability to Mark O & Ben W. Having said that, MO is a very young player by keeper standards & IMO has improved considerably throughout this season. One of the players preventing him playing at Hull is McGregor & I clearly remember him being regarded as a bit of a liability in his early days.
To summarise, everyone is welcome to their opinions, that's what following football is all about but please just try & think before you post & see if you can make the same point in a less vindictive manner.

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2015, 07:40 AM
There are lots of keepers out there of Oxley's standard, he's still quite young and could improve.

keep the faith
27-03-2015, 07:49 AM
I think this thread has turned into a measured debate but the first 2 responses to the OP, "Hope they take him" & "they're welcome to him" were mean spirited at best. The same point could have been made in a much less nasty way & any players reading this board must be bewildered at times. FWIW, as someone living in England I've long held the opinion that there's a huge pot of keepers playing down here who are at least of equal ability to Mark O & Ben W. Having said that, MO is a very young player by keeper standards & IMO has improved considerably throughout this season. One of the players preventing him playing at Hull is McGregor & I clearly remember him being regarded as a bit of a liability in his early days.
To summarise, everyone is welcome to their opinions, that's what following football is all about but please just try & think before you post & see if you can make the same point in a less vindictive manner.

Great post. Yesterday I just stopped reading this thread after the first few posts. There is just no need for these type of comments. Especially when the guy is doing fine.

allezsauzee
27-03-2015, 07:57 AM
Highest scoring keeper we've had since Goram, get him signed up Stubbsie

lyonhibs
27-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Meh.

Happy if he stays, not too fussed if he leaves.

MrRobot
27-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Everybody that is happy for Oxley to go and Cerny to take his place: how many games have you watched Cerny play this season?

Oxley for me. Good, solid keeper. Has made a few mistakes, nothing in comparison to previous goalkeepers and he is still young. I would try and get him permanent at ER with Cerny and him competing.

My_Wife_Camille
27-03-2015, 10:17 AM
My biggest issue with Oxley is that he lets too many goals in. Granted it's not a huge amount but still too many when you look at the level we're playing at and how many attempts he has to deal with. There's been a few occasions this season where we have looked solid enough defensively but then conceded with the oppositions first and only attempt at the goal (Falkirk, Raith twice, Livingston, Alloa). I'm not pointing the finger only at Oxley but I can't think of any games where he's really made a difference.

Andy74
27-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Would be very happy to keep him. Will only get better.

WeeRussell
27-03-2015, 12:21 PM
You want positive?

How about this?

The squad is far stronger than it was last year
We have a number of excellent young players, including the top scorer in the division
We have played some excellent football and have some even Better results
We have a Scottish Cup semi final to look forward to and a real chance of going up.
Scott Allan, Dylan McGeouch, Fraser Fyvie, Liam Fontaine, Dominique Malonga have been excellent signing.
Scott Robertson is like a whole new player and has improved massively.
McGivern, Nelson, Haynes, Collins are nowhere to be seen.

None of that takes away from the fact that I don't think we'd miss Mark Oxley at all.

A near-perfect summary for me. I am yet to be convinced by Oxley - and the fact it is now March of his first season tells me I probably won't ever be.

Certainly not the worst we've ever had but I wouldn't be in a mad-panic to sign him.

He was far from inspiring on Sunday - goes for the whole team though.

Northernhibee
27-03-2015, 12:52 PM
My biggest issue with Oxley is that he lets too many goals in. Granted it's not a huge amount but still too many when you look at the level we're playing at and how many attempts he has to deal with. There's been a few occasions this season where we have looked solid enough defensively but then conceded with the oppositions first and only attempt at the goal (Falkirk, Raith twice, Livingston, Alloa). I'm not pointing the finger only at Oxley but I can't think of any games where he's really made a difference.
He was outstanding in the 2-0 win at Ibrox.

Onion
27-03-2015, 01:01 PM

:top marks Some folk have short memories. Oxley and Williams are the only two Hibs goalies in the last 10 years who haven't been hailed as heroes by Hearts fans.

Oscar T Grouch
27-03-2015, 01:15 PM
I was going to reply to those that responded to my 1st post but everything I think has been said here. He's a young keeper that will develop into a really good keeper with good coaching and regular games, both of which he'll get at Hibs. With some of the keepers we've had over the years I am happy to keep Ox and watch him become a good keeper at SPL level.

Allant1981
27-03-2015, 01:22 PM
People keep going on about him not making many saves, for me thats a good thing, less saves he has to make the better, id rather our keepers had no contact with the ball the whole game, he is a decent enough keeper for the standard of play up here, dont think he will ever be a superstar but would be happy enough to keep him

scoopyboy
27-03-2015, 01:50 PM
:top marks Some folk have short memories. Oxley and Williams are the only two Hibs goalies in the last 10 years who haven't been hailed as heroes by Hearts fans.

He was a hero to many Hearts fans when we nearly took away their unbeaten run.

ekhibee
27-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Everybody that is happy for Oxley to go and Cerny to take his place: how many games have you watched Cerny play this season?

Oxley for me. Good, solid keeper. Has made a few mistakes, nothing in comparison to previous goalkeepers and he is still young. I would try and get him permanent at ER with Cerny and him competing.
Except that they're not competing. Cerny hasn't played a game for the 1st team yet.

J-C
27-03-2015, 03:01 PM

I don't think anyone is saying we shouldn't keep Oxley if possible, they're just saying there are planty keepers of his calibre around, we also have Cerny if we extend his contract so there's nothing to worry about if Oxley decides to go elswhere.

MrRobot
27-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Except that they're not competing. Cerny hasn't played a game for the 1st team yet.

That means they are competing and Oxley is winning by keeping his spot(although Cerny does have an illness now, but evne before that)

Brightside
27-03-2015, 04:04 PM
I'd expect him to go at the end of the season. Who we sign will obv depend on if we go up.

JimBHibees
27-03-2015, 04:24 PM

A totally unsaveable shot.

Capt Mainwaring
27-03-2015, 07:21 PM

That's harsh and unreasonable. Few Keepers in the land would have saved that shot!

Forza Fred
27-03-2015, 07:40 PM

Treat this with the proverbial grain of salt.

I used to write for a long defunct fitba paper in Oz and every so often, a player would approach me, and it was usually just before renegotiations of his contract would come up, asking if I could possibly mentio. Rumour that this club or that club were interested in him

Obviously if there is competition for a player he has a bigger hand to play in negotiations.

Of course my moral compass would not allow me to do such a thing....no matter how much beer they bought me.:wink:

Sir David Gray
27-03-2015, 08:24 PM

He was hardly at fault for that goal.

The guy hit an unbelievable shot which was inch perfect. I don't think there's any goalkeeper in the world who would have saved that.

scoopyboy
27-03-2015, 08:33 PM

From that distance there's no way was it unsaveable.

I didn't say he should have saved it but I know plenty of Hibs and Hearts fans who think he should have.

Bronson
27-03-2015, 10:16 PM
I'm probably in the 'happy clapper' camp, but Oxley is pretty gash, not a fan at all. Been calling for Cerny to get a shot for weeks, would love to see him start tomorrow.

hibees 7062
27-03-2015, 10:21 PM
I'm probably in the 'happy clapper' camp, but Oxley is pretty gash, not a fan at all. Been calling for Cerny to get a shot for weeks, would love to see him start tomorrow.

:agree: This

Eyrie
27-03-2015, 11:11 PM

The guy hit an unbelievable shot which was inch perfect. I don't think there's any goalkeeper in the world who would have saved that.

Agreed.

Six inches lower and Oxley would have saved it, six inches higher and it would have hit the bar. It was a fluke result for a desperate gamble at the end of a game that the Yams were losing, and with typical Yam luck it went in.

Brooster
28-03-2015, 06:54 AM

Behave yourself. Any decent goalie wouldve saved it.

JimBHibees
28-03-2015, 07:35 AM

Total nonsense the ball was out of his reach when over him and then dipped sharply clipping the bar. Thought at the time he should have saved it however when seeing it again not a hope of saving it.

JimBHibees
28-03-2015, 07:36 AM

Agree totally.

JimBHibees
28-03-2015, 07:37 AM
From that distance there's no way was it unsaveable.

I didn't say he should have saved it but I know plenty of Hibs and Hearts fans who think he should have.

The trajectory of the ball made it unsaveable. It was out of his reach when it passed him then dipped to hit the bar. Watch it again.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2015, 07:45 AM
Total nonsense the ball was out of his reach when over him and then dipped sharply clipping the bar. Thought at the time he should have saved it however when seeing it again not a hope of saving it.

Spot on.

Oxley postioned himself expecting a high ball into the box, the same thing everyone in the stadium except Ozturk expected. He was about 3 yards off his line. From leaving Ozturks foot to hitting the underside of the bar the ball was in flight for less than 3 seconds, if people actually watch the clip they will see the ball is at least 2 foot above Oxleys hand when it passes him and dips massively at the last moment to go in. Had he been on his line he would have saved it but there's no reasonable grounds to claim he should have been on his line in that situation and the speed at which the ball travelled and the trajectory of the ball means it was close to unsaveable.

It's one of those goals that I've seen go in on amateur football parks and it's usually followed by some fat, sweaty barsteward who's never played in goals in his puff standing hands on hips on the half way line screaming at the keeper whilst said keeper looks bewildered. Call it a great shot or call it a fluke it wasn't the keepers fault.

lyonhibs
28-03-2015, 08:03 AM

Would it be safe to say you've never played in 11 a side goals as keeper ?

If manuel neuer had been standing on his line he might have saved that.

Otherwise nope.

duffers
28-03-2015, 08:40 AM
Goalkeepers Union here as they say but I can't believe the stick he's getting..

Firstly, he's only 24 (which is pretty young for a keeper), and this is only his second season of playing 1st team football. Yes he's made a couple of mistakes(can't think of too many that have cost us games), but personally, I can see him getting better and more confident with each game that passes. At first I thought he was a bit shoddy with commanding his area, however this has improved massively over the course of the season.

Secondly, people saying Cerny is better, on what basis? I've seen him for a few of the 20s games and games against Hamilton a couple of years back which he has done alright in, but nothing to suggest he would be better. I don't know this question, but what would a Hamilton fan say about him?

Thirdly, we are in the Scottish championship, and if he was to go, I'd trust Stubbs to get in a decent replacement, but we've had years of being in the SPL with absolute trumpets in goals for us (Williams excluded), Oxley is and will be a decent keeper and I'd be more than happy to try and sign him.

Blaming him for the hearts goal is just laughable

bingo70
28-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Goalkeepers Union here as they say but I can't believe the stick he's getting..

Firstly, he's only 24 (which is pretty young for a keeper), and this is only his second season of playing 1st team football. Yes he's made a couple of mistakes(can't think of too many that have cost us games), but personally, I can see him getting better and more confident with each game that passes. At first I thought he was a bit shoddy with commanding his area, however this has improved massively over the course of the season.

Secondly, people saying Cerny is better, on what basis? I've seen him for a few of the 20s games and games against Hamilton a couple of years back which he has done alright in, but nothing to suggest he would be better. I don't know this question, but what would a Hamilton fan say about him?

Thirdly, we are in the Scottish championship, and if he was to go, I'd trust Stubbs to get in a decent replacement, but we've had years of being in the SPL with absolute trumpets in goals for us (Williams excluded), Oxley is and will be a decent keeper and I'd be more than happy to try and sign him.

Blaming him for the hearts goal is just laughable

I don't think he makes a lot of obvious mistakes but I'm not convinced about him. I think there's been goals he's got his positioning wrong, I think he lacks agility so although he's tall he doesn't really make it count. I don't think he makes enough really good saves to be considered a good shot stopper.

I do think he's pretty steady though and feel relatively comfortable with him between the sticks.

Brooster
28-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Did he spill the winner? I thought he should've held it....albeit I was watching from the other end.

Hiber-nation
28-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Did he spill the winner? I thought he should've held it....albeit I was watching from the other end.

Thought it was a fantastic save S, although I'm not a big fan. Unlucky with the rebound...

truehibernian
28-03-2015, 11:00 PM

I thought the same.

Shrekko
28-03-2015, 11:16 PM
Thought he might have been unlucky with the 2nd goal today, but I've never seen a goalie spill and have to juggle so many routine balls in my life.

His distribution is superb but for the life of me I can't see why so many folk seem to rate him. Think his goal may have given him a free pass with a lot of fans.

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 11:18 PM
Agreed.

Six inches lower and Oxley would have saved it, six inches higher and it would have hit the bar. It was a fluke result for a desperate gamble at the end of a game that the Yams were losing, and with typical Yam luck it went in.

Was a lucky goal that's for sure, but Oxleys positioning for it could have been better. He's running at goal and we backed off. Oxley should expect a shot from distance and not been standing so far out.

Was it unsaveable? Course not but hopefully he learns from this and may anticipate it in the future and better position himself.

I'm not blaming him btw I'm saying he could have done better. I blame our defence for backing off.

Sir David Gray
28-03-2015, 11:21 PM
Was a lucky goal that's for sure, but Oxleys positioning for it could have been better. He's running at goal and we backed off. Oxley should expect a shot from distance and not been standing so far out.

Was it unsaveable? Course not but hopefully he learns from this and may anticipate it in the future and better position himself.

I'm not blaming him btw I'm saying he could have done better. I blame our defence for backing off.

Ozturk shot from about 40 yards from goal, I don't think many goalkeepers expect a shot to come in from that distance, particularly not one that was hit with so much force and accuracy.

I think it's just one of those goals that you just have to accept and move on.

Thecat23
28-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Ozturk shot from about 40 yards from goal, I don't think many goalkeepers expect a shot to come in from that distance, particularly not one that was hit with so much force and accuracy.

I think it's just one of those goals that you just have to accept and move on.

That's the thing, everyone that day said he's hitting that... Then he did! He shaped up to hit it and it flew in. Again I don't blame him I just think his positioning wasn't the best! He should learn though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
29-03-2015, 03:31 AM
Oxley enjoys the honour of not being a total clown like Zibi or Simon Brown but isn't particularly good either. There's better out there IMO.