PDA

View Full Version : meeting with HSL last night.

linlithgowhibbie
25-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Hi,

Just a brief summary of our meeting with HSL last night.

Firstly was pleasantly surprised to see Charlie Reid coming along with Jim Adie.

Was a bit disappointed with size of audience, several non attendees!!!

To the meeting/information itself.

It was good having it all explained in simple language, the various options explained clearly and concisely and being updated with the aims and objectives of HSL. Having been a wee bit sceptical myself I and several others have now decided to go with HSL rather than the direct route.
It was good to know you can join and pay into HSL and go direct as well if you wish.
Also Jim is going to find out if people going direct can give HSL permission to have their proxy vote increasing HSLs voice/influence.

I would recommend anyone who is unsure about it all to contact Jim through the HSL website he is very open to any question, as he said last night there are no stupid questions!

They are also hoping to be in the Hibs club prior to some of the home games with a stall and will answer questions there

Brian G

Ozyhibby
25-03-2015, 01:02 PM
I think people are starting to trust HSL now. Definitely more positive responses recently among people I know.
We need to bridge the gap in finances between ourselves and Hearts and this is one way of doing it. The other is to increase attendances.

kaimendhibs
25-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Really hope more and more people sign up because along with increased season ticket sales it can only help bolster/improve the squad.

CropleyWasGod
25-03-2015, 02:07 PM
It was HSL that were handing out flyers on Sunday, wasn't it?

I declined, as I've signed up. However, I thought I read someone on here saying that it was HOH.

MB62
25-03-2015, 03:48 PM
I think people are starting to trust HSL now. Definitely more positive responses recently among people I know.
We need to bridge the gap in finances between ourselves and Hearts and this is one way of doing it. The other is to increase attendances.

The attendance on Sunday was poor but I'm not surprised, £28 to watch a game that is live on T.V. at 12.45pm on a Sunday is still out of order IMO. I know why Hibs do it, to screw the brain dead out of their hard knocked cash, but there is no reason why we should be having to pay £28. All hibs need to do is sell packages for three games at £22 a time and you might see an increase in the home support to compensate for the loss of the extra £6 per head.
I don't have a season ticket for various reasons but hardly missed a home game yet and I object to paying £28 to watch that lot.

Geo_1875
25-03-2015, 03:51 PM
The attendance on Sunday was poor but I'm not surprised, £28 to watch a game that is live on T.V. at 12.45pm on a Sunday is still out of order IMO. I know why Hibs do it, to screw the brain dead out of their hard knocked cash, but there is no reason why we should be having to pay £28. All hibs need to do is sell packages for three games at £22 a time and you might see an increase in the home support to compensate for the loss of the extra £6 per head.
I don't have a season ticket for various reasons but hardly missed a home game yet and I object to paying £28 to watch that lot.

Which lot do you object to?

Mikey
25-03-2015, 04:22 PM

That's me :thumbsup:

ano hibby
25-03-2015, 04:26 PM

I declined, as I've signed up. However, I thought I read someone on here saying that it was HOH.

Yes it was HSL not HOH. Also had guys handing out cards advertising a boxing event- suspect this was where the HOH confusion came from.

Andy74
25-03-2015, 05:42 PM

Are you suggesting that the most loyal fans are brain dead?

Pretty Boy
25-03-2015, 06:19 PM

The ringleaders of HoH were handing out flyers but it was for a boxing event as opposed to anything to do with Hibs.

No pun intended with ringleaders btw.

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2015, 07:49 PM

I don't think he is - they'll have season tickets?

MB62
25-03-2015, 07:49 PM

Which lot do you object to?

Apologies guys, I was of course referring to those in the 'Dunbar End'.

HappyHibby93
25-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Hope HSL can gather some momentum, we all want further fan engagement, further sporting investment and a bigger say in how our club is run. Big opportunity IMO

:gwa: