PDA

View Full Version : Points Tally

InchHibby
25-03-2015, 08:38 AM
Can anyone tell me the points tally, total games won and total consecutive games won when we won promotion under Alec McLeish in comparison to our Gorgie neighbours.
They are shouting about an open top bus through the city centre to celebrate this, I'm sure our winning the title when we did amassed more points and was secured earlier than they did.

Bill Milne
25-03-2015, 08:40 AM
I know we got 89 points but I don't have ther other info, sorry. It looks like they will overtake us in terms of record points in the Championship.

Hermit Crab
25-03-2015, 08:43 AM
We won the league by 23 points. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_Hibernian_F.C._season

Sir David Gray
25-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Can anyone tell me the points tally, total games won and total consecutive games won when we won promotion under Alec McLeish in comparison to our Gorgie neighbours.
They are shouting about an open top bus through the city centre to celebrate this, I'm sure our winning the title when we did amassed more points and was secured earlier than they did.

I don't remember us having an open top bus parading through the streets of Leith either in 1999 although I was only 11 so I'm willing to be proved wrong.

TRC
25-03-2015, 08:49 AM
I ws at a reception in the city chambers for the players and staff but no open top bus that i remember

AndyM_1875
25-03-2015, 09:03 AM
The Falkirk game at the end of the season when we got the trophy was a sort of carnival day but to have an open top bus through Edinburgh would have been an absolute embarrassment.
12 Months before hand we had been relegated in awful circumstances, Hearts relegation was even more humiliating as it came on the back of complete and utter financial meltdown where an awful lot of people including the Taxpayer got absolutely stiffed for money owed.

A bit of reflection is required, not a parade.

erin go bragh
25-03-2015, 04:57 PM

89pts . Won the league with 5 games to go .
13 games won in a row .

Ggtth

Nando™
25-03-2015, 05:00 PM
I'd love to see them celebrating this two-bit trophy like their recent Champions League wins.

DH1875
25-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Are they honestly having a parade and open top bus?

CorrieHibs
25-03-2015, 06:14 PM
They are surly not having a open top bus. That's embarrassing!!

givescotlandfreedom
25-03-2015, 06:50 PM
The first division must be another big cup.

Sir David Gray
25-03-2015, 09:49 PM
The first division must be another big cup.

:agree: Scottish Championship is the new Scottish Cup.

Having an open top bus parade after winning your country's second tier league is what all truly gigantic teams do.

Fans of wee teams like Hibs just wouldn't understand.

Waxy
26-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Didn't Romanov predict theyd win the championship?

NAE NOOKIE
26-03-2015, 01:00 PM
I am sure that I heard a story that when Hibs won the league to gain promotion in 1981 the chairman ( Tom Hart ? ) threw the championship flag in the bin with the words 'not *** good enough for this club' Could be an urban myth.

weecounty hibby
26-03-2015, 01:36 PM
I am sure that I heard a story that when Hibs won the league to gain promotion in 1981 the chairman ( Tom Hart ? ) threw the championship flag in the bin with the words 'not *** good enough for this club' Could be an urban myth.

It may be an urban myth but it is definitely a true statement!! Thankfully it appears that the people at the top of our club are now in agreement with this as well

Steve20
26-03-2015, 01:41 PM

Quite right. It's an embarrassment to even be in this league. Getting out of it at the first attempt should just be seen as a necessity. No need for celebrations.

TamHibs
26-03-2015, 07:54 PM
We won league by 23 points, amassing 89 points. We secured the title on April 3rd at Firhill against Hailton in a 2-0 win.

Hermit Crab
26-03-2015, 08:04 PM
We won league by 23 points, amassing 89 points. We secured the title on April 3rd at Firhill against Hailton in a 2-0 win.

Remember that. :D

TamHibs
26-03-2015, 08:05 PM
2-2 draw was it not? :confused:

No 2-0, Latapy with a double.

Falkirk were beaten by Morton with a certain Keith Wright scoring for Morton

monktonharp
26-03-2015, 10:52 PM
The Falkirk game at the end of the season when we got the trophy was a sort of carnival day but to have an open top bus through Edinburgh would have been an absolute embarrassment.
12 Months before hand we had been relegated in awful circumstances, Hearts relegation was even more humiliating as it came on the back of complete and utter financial meltdown where an awful lot of people including the Taxpayer got absolutely stiffed for money owed.

A bit of reflection is required, not a parade.:agree:I hope they do have an open top bus. a total embarrassment for them and their cronies in the council. would be nice to see that Mulligan tit, swallyin oot o' a bucky bottle again

Borderhibbie76
27-03-2015, 10:58 AM
:agree:I hope they do have an open top bus. a total embarrassment for them and their cronies in the council. would be nice to see that Mulligan tit, swallyin oot o' a bucky bottle again

100% they are a total embarrassment of a club and an open top bus parade wiuld truly confirm that once and for all!!

But its what all big clubs do don't u know...us wee teams wouldn't understand

Hermit Crab
27-03-2015, 11:18 AM
No 2-0, Latapy with a double.

Falkirk were beaten by Morton with a certain Keith Wright scoring for Morton

yes went back and done an edit :greengrin.

remember it now thinking back. Pitch invasion at the end.