PDA

View Full Version : Butcher the Butcher

poolman
24-03-2015, 09:36 PM
I listen to talk sport a lot and Sky Sports News and I can't believe how many times they have this absolute failure of a man on their shows asking his opinions about all things football

Why doesn't one of these journalists ask him how he managed to put a club like Hibs backward by about three years after only a few months in charge

Absolute disaster of a man

Geo_1875
24-03-2015, 09:41 PM
You have to wonder why his time at Hibs has been so quickly overlooked by the media. He's still out of work so someone must have noticed what a failure he was.

IrnBru22
24-03-2015, 09:42 PM
He was on SSN today saying he thinks Hibs are favourites to go up. "If you finish 2nd you play the 2nd leg of the play off at home and that is a massive advantage"
that went well for us last time......

GreenArmyyy!
24-03-2015, 10:01 PM
Buffoon of the highest order.

fat freddy
24-03-2015, 10:04 PM
He's an old team mate of Alan Brazil so it's not a huge surprise he's wheeled out for the breakfast show every few weeks. They have a lot of hours to fill and an ex England captain is always going to be regarded as a heavyweight guest of the show. Brazil is never going to give him a hard time or ask him any difficult questions as his brain is sozzled with the drink and besides, he's utterly clueless about Scottish football. He recently declared that the second placed team go into a direct play off with the second bottom side from the premier league. As for the other presenters, they all give him an easy ride despite unsuccessful managerial stints at a few clubs in England, again this is probably down to his legendary status as a player. His destruction of morale within The Hibs dressing room is merely regarded as minor blip in an otherwise good career. It's talkSPORT we're talking about here. Don't expect too much insight.

bigstu
24-03-2015, 10:26 PM
I'm amazed at how well thought of he still is in the media!!

Geo_1875
24-03-2015, 10:29 PM
I'm amazed at how well thought of he still is in the media!!

He's liked down south as an ex-England captain and up here he's liked as an ex-hun captain. His management abilities or lack of them are conveniently overlooked.

Sir David Gray
24-03-2015, 10:40 PM
He was on SSN today saying he thinks Hibs are favourites to go up. "If you finish 2nd you play the 2nd leg of the play off at home and that is a massive advantage"

To be fair, Hamilton finished second last year and they went up! :greengrin

Unfortunately the match he's talking about isn't the final round of the play offs and if we won that round, we would then need to play the 11th placed side in the Premiership and the second leg of that would be away.

Hermit Crab
24-03-2015, 11:12 PM

Oh it was a massive advantage for us! He somehow managed to **** it up though!

RIP Bestie
25-03-2015, 03:20 AM
He's an old team mate of Alan Brazil so it's not a huge surprise he's wheeled out for the breakfast show every few weeks. They have a lot of hours to fill and an ex England captain is always going to be regarded as a heavyweight guest of the show. Brazil is never going to give him a hard time or ask him any difficult questions as his brain is sozzled with the drink and besides, he's utterly clueless about Scottish football. He recently declared that the second placed team go into a direct play off with the second bottom side from the premier league. As for the other presenters, they all give him an easy ride despite unsuccessful managerial stints at a few clubs in England, again this is probably down to his legendary status as a player. His destruction of morale within The Hibs dressing room is merely regarded as minor blip in an otherwisej good career. It's talkSPORT we're talking about here. Don't expect too much insight.
To be fair this was ignored by the majority of the experts on here that wanted him as manager at Easter Road. I include myself in those numbers by the way.

givescotlandfreedom
25-03-2015, 03:46 AM
Link here http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9774361/terry-butcher-says-hibs-are-favourites-for-second-spot-over-rangers

Pretty Boy
25-03-2015, 07:51 AM
Tbh I think Hibs themselves have given him a bit of a get out of jail card re his time here with our pretty open admission of what a shambles the club had been allowed to become. That preceded Butcher coming here, whilst he has to take responsibility for relegation and his man management 'skills' he can probably point to the changes now taking place and argue, to friendly ears, what could I do in that environment?(before the changes)

Phil D. Rolls
25-03-2015, 08:21 AM
Tbh I think Hibs themselves have given him a bit of a get out of jail card re his time here with our pretty open admission of what a shambles the club had been allowed to become. That preceded Butcher coming here, whilst he has to take responsibility for relegation and his man management 'skills' he can probably point to the changes now taking place and argue, to friendly ears, what could I do in that environment?(before the changes)

He was a bull in a china shop, but most of the plates were smashed before he arrived.

jacomo
25-03-2015, 09:51 AM

That's a fair point.

However, we all know that he did nothing to improve below-par standards of fitness and training (Malpas is 'the best coach in Scotland', doncha know?) and managed to destroy whatever fragile confidence our squad still had.

I'd be surprised if he gets another managerial job.

Dan Sarf
25-03-2015, 09:53 AM
He was a bull in a china shop, but most of the plates were smashed before he arrived.

:top marks

Onion
25-03-2015, 04:18 PM

Shambles or not, it took unbelievable mismanagement to relegate Hibs from the position they were in when Butcher took over. They will be talking about "doing a Hibs" for years to come, it was THAT bad. There is no excuse or hiding place for Butcher. He is an apology of a manager and should be no where near the media.

Kato
25-03-2015, 04:23 PM

He made the plates harder to repair though - and the till - and the shop front - and the display cabinets.

Pretty Boy
25-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Shambles or not, it took unbelievable mismanagement to relegate Hibs from the position they were in when Butcher took over. They will be talking about "doing a Hibs" for years to come, it was THAT bad. There is no excuse or hiding place for Butcher. He is an apology of a manager and should be no where near the media.

I don't disagree at all.

The media is littered with failed managers telling everyone else where they are going wrong though and no doubt he will use the 'situation' at Hibs to his advantage When looking for work.

KeithTheHibby
25-03-2015, 05:53 PM

I reckon the **** almost closed the shop down.

Bostonhibby
25-03-2015, 06:59 PM

Bull******* in a china shop, talking authoritatively about football and being ex England captain goes a long way in TV land.

Maybe we should thank him for giving us the chance to go for 2nd? We might never have done it without him.

Sir David Gray
25-03-2015, 08:46 PM
That's a fair point.

However, we all know that he did nothing to improve below-par standards of fitness and training (Malpas is 'the best coach in Scotland', doncha know?) and managed to destroy whatever fragile confidence our squad still had.

I'd be surprised if he gets another managerial job.

I won't be.

The media is quick to publicise how well he did at Inverness and he's a popular figure within the media as well so that always helps to promote your name whenever a vacancy comes up that you fancy.

He's also popular in England after his exploits as a player.

truehibernian
25-03-2015, 09:27 PM
I won't be.

The media is quick to publicise how well he did at Inverness and he's a popular figure within the media as well so that always helps to promote your name whenever a vacancy comes up that you fancy.

There have been an incredible amount of managerial vacancies in the UK - Butcher hasn't got one of the jobs - that says it all.

I have to admit to being hoodwinked into thinking it was a great appointment - however I then saw close up (at games) the general malaise and utter negativity that he and his backroom team caused.............it was literally in the air in the tunnel. TB seemed to only care about himself. I think I pm'd silverhibee after a game saying I'd never seen that many agents allowed to stroll about the dressing room area (outside) after games.........it was silly ! Marsella was the subject of ridicule amongst players FFS !

He ruined Hibs in his short stint - however Pat Fenlon sadly had started the demise with his incredibly poor player recruitment and lack of real professionalism (in my opinion) - I didn't see anyone really respect him. Pat was absolutely out his depth looking back. As for Calderwood.............

KeithTheHibby
26-03-2015, 06:26 AM
I won't be.

He was a **** manager in England, just ask any Brentford or Sunderland fans.

He talks a good game, I'll give him that however any board of a club with a bit of savvy would see that he's a dinosaur.

Winston Ingram
26-03-2015, 07:04 AM
He was a **** manager in England, just ask any Brentford or Sunderland fans.

He talks a good game, I'll give him that however any board of a club with a bit of savvy would see that he's a dinosaur.

...or Coventry City fans

ancient hibee
26-03-2015, 03:45 PM
He's on the box because he can string a few words together and uses the correct tenses unlike most of the people up here.

bawheid
26-03-2015, 06:24 PM
shop front

:agree:

Kato
26-03-2015, 07:08 PM
:agree:

Richard The Third

jacomo
27-03-2015, 06:38 PM
There have been an incredible amount of managerial vacancies in the UK - Butcher hasn't got one of the jobs - that says it all.

I have to admit to being hoodwinked into thinking it was a great appointment - however I then saw close up (at games) the general malaise and utter negativity that he and his backroom team caused.............it was literally in the air in the tunnel. TB seemed to only care about himself. I think I pm'd silverhibee after a game saying I'd never seen that many agents allowed to stroll about the dressing room area (outside) after games.........it was silly ! Marsella was the subject of ridicule amongst players FFS !

He ruined Hibs in his short stint - however Pat Fenlon sadly had started the demise with his incredibly poor player recruitment and lack of real professionalism (in my opinion) - I didn't see anyone really respect him. Pat was absolutely out his depth looking back. As for Calderwood.............

Bit harsh to say Fenlon started the demise. We were in the depths when he arrived.

Anyhow, had the misfortune to hear Butcher on the radio this morning. Dismayed he had anything to do with our club.