PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NFL STAR VISITS THE TRAINING CENTRE

RSS Bot
24-03-2015, 06:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5296)

Billychaotic182
24-03-2015, 06:47 PM
Pitty it wasn't someone from the New York jets. There top is just a hibs top

Haymaker
24-03-2015, 06:56 PM
Pitty it wasn't someone from the New York jets. There top is just a hibs top

Some of us on here wouldn't tolerate a Jets player at ER.

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
24-03-2015, 07:06 PM

Oi !!! ........ Jets rule .... well that is to say they are a bit gash ..... anyway ... Jets rule :greengrin

On a sadder note ..... seeing as how our fans more or less sat on their hands during the game he was at its not gonna be us he talks about when he gets home.

Haymaker
24-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Oi !!! ........ Jets rule .... well that is to say they are a bit gash ..... anyway ... Jets rule :greengrin

A bit gash?! Understatement of the year. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
24-03-2015, 07:12 PM
A bit gash?! Understatement of the year. :greengrin

The only way is up :agree:

emerald green
24-03-2015, 07:18 PM

On a sadder note ..... seeing as how our fans more or less sat on their hands during the game he was at its not gonna be us he talks about when he gets home.

Whitney is quoted as saying the atmosphere at ER on Sunday was awesome. I just caught the tail end of a brief interview with him on the STV news at 6 o'clock, and the lad had a wee dig at Collum. Absolute legend IMO. :not worth

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-03-2015, 09:54 PM
Whitney is quoted as saying the atmosphere at ER on Sunday was awesome. I just caught the tail end of a brief interview with him on the STV news at 6 o'clock, and the lad had a wee dig at Collum. Absolute legend IMO. :not worth

Wallace's attempt at a tackle on Hanlon would probably have been a foul in the NFL. Bet Whitney couldn't believe what he was seeing

hibees 7062
24-03-2015, 10:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqTektzzz_g&feature=player_embedded

Sir David Gray
24-03-2015, 11:56 PM
I can't see him being invited back.

He made no mention of how impressed he was with the training centre.

ManBearPig
25-03-2015, 12:11 AM

Agreed only thing worse than a Jets player would be a Pats player...

Hermit Crab
25-03-2015, 12:14 AM
His interview is like he read it from a script.....

Haymaker
25-03-2015, 12:16 AM

Now now..! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
25-03-2015, 12:20 AM
His interview is like he read it from a script.....

I would probably be the same if I was interviewed about a visit I had made to watch the Houston Texans.

dmc1875
25-03-2015, 12:43 AM
I have a jets top, can't help but support teams in certain colours of green.

Watchin them there are certain similarities to Hibs...

Billychaotic182
25-03-2015, 01:05 AM

I 100% agree with this. Hibs are the jets

Stax
25-03-2015, 01:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqTektzzz_g&feature=player_embedded
Seems like a fella with good taste and what a name :thumbsup:

ManBearPig
25-03-2015, 01:14 AM
The jets are utter dross how dare you compare the two! Although I can see similarities between Rex Ryan and terry butcher ;-) also decker and Liam Craig. Jets suck

Billychaotic182
25-03-2015, 01:22 AM
The jets are utter dross how dare you compare the two! Although I can see similarities between Rex Ryan and terry butcher ;-) also decker and Liam Craig. Jets suck

Decker and Craig? Go home your drunk lol. Craig and smith maybe

ManBearPig
25-03-2015, 01:34 AM
Hahaha geno did promise a lot and delivered very little....fair comparison I suppose

Callum_62
25-03-2015, 03:26 AM
He looks about the same size as genero zeefuik.

Gatecrasher
25-03-2015, 06:51 AM
He looks about the same size as genero zeefuik.

He needs to be that size to do his job well, his job is to hit opposition players as hard as he can :greengrin

DH1875
25-03-2015, 11:24 AM

Tell me about it :( Still, we cant all be glory hunters.

Very unfair on Rex Ryan IMO.

Deansy
25-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Wallace's attempt at a tackle on Hanlon would probably have been a foul in the NFL. Bet Whitney couldn't believe what he was seeing

The Scotsman -
HOUSTON Texans linebacker Whitney Mercilus says even HE would have been penalised for taking out Paul Hanlon like Lee Wallace did in Rangers’ 2-0 win over Hibs.
Mercilus was stunned when referee Willie Collum played on despite Wallace wiping out the Hibs stopper in the lead-up to Kenny Miller’s strike.
And Mercilus - holidaying in Edinburgh - said: “Tackling is my job so I loved that tackle in the build-up to the second goal - in fact I would have been proud of it! When I saw it I thought: ‘Whoa, we’re not in American football’.
“But the Hibs fans didn’t love it and I understand because even in our game that would have been a penalty.
“That would have been picked up and a yellow flag would have been on straight away. So I was surprised it went unpunished.” (The Sun)

Bristolhibby
25-03-2015, 12:52 PM
The Scotsman -
HOUSTON Texans linebacker Whitney Mercilus says even HE would have been penalised for taking out Paul Hanlon like Lee Wallace did in Rangers’ 2-0 win over Hibs.
Mercilus was stunned when referee Willie Collum played on despite Wallace wiping out the Hibs stopper in the lead-up to Kenny Miller’s strike.
And Mercilus - holidaying in Edinburgh - said: “Tackling is my job so I loved that tackle in the build-up to the second goal - in fact I would have been proud of it! When I saw it I thought: ‘Whoa, we’re not in American football’.
“But the Hibs fans didn’t love it and I understand because even in our game that would have been a penalty.
“That would have been picked up and a yellow flag would have been on straight away. So I was surprised it went unpunished.” (The Sun)

Brilliant.

J

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-03-2015, 01:04 PM
The Scotsman -

[emoji52]

ManBearPig
25-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Tell me about it :( Still, we cant all be glory hunters.

Very unfair on Rex Ryan IMO.

Rex Ryan had huge mouth good with the press but his offence was next to useless and all his QBs left and did much better after they moved on.

Eyrie
25-03-2015, 07:55 PM

And worse than that would be a R*dsk*ns or Giants player, and worst of all a Cowboy.

DH1875
25-03-2015, 07:59 PM
Rex Ryan had huge mouth good with the press but his offence was next to useless and all his QBs left and did much better after they moved on.

You can spin anything if you try. Rex Ryan is an excellent coach and his first couple of years as our head coach were up there with the best of them. As for the QBs. That is a debate for the nfl thread.

ManBearPig
25-03-2015, 08:18 PM
You can spin anything if you try. Rex Ryan is an excellent coach and his first couple of years as our head coach were up there with the best of them. As for the QBs. That is a debate for the nfl thread.

We will see at the bills this year.....(great offense building at the moment I bet he still mucks it up)

Sir David Gray
25-03-2015, 09:41 PM
He needs to be that size to do his job well, his job is to hit opposition players as hard as he can :greengrin

OK so what's Zeefuik's excuse? :wink:

Gatecrasher
25-03-2015, 10:06 PM
OK so what's Zeefuik's excuse? :wink:

Too much KFC apparently :greengrin
If anyone is interested here are some of his college highlights

https://youtu.be/bq9NnrR36Rw