PDA

View Full Version : Gers breaking the rules again

Itsnoteasy
23-03-2015, 09:52 PM
This was taken from Scottish fa website.

Player Identification
G22 The Players' shirts must be clearly numbered on the back and the players' shorts must be numbered clearly on the left hand side at the front and in accordance with the list handed to the Referee before any League Match or Play-Off Match. Any such numbers and letters must be in compliance with the style and conditions approved by the Board and the Scottish FA.

So should that player have left the field until correct shirt worn.

3pm
23-03-2015, 09:54 PM

Player Identification
G22 The Players' shirts must be clearly numbered on the back and the players' shorts must be numbered clearly on the left hand side at the front and in accordance with the list handed to the Referee before any League Match or Play-Off Match. Any such numbers and letters must be in compliance with the style and conditions approved by the Board and the Scottish FA.

Who? McGregor? No.

Hermit Crab
23-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Did he not have blood on his jersey? Seems a bit straw clutchy this by the way.

SunshineOnLeith
23-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Happens all the time, grow up.

lyonhibs
23-03-2015, 09:58 PM

Player Identification

Have you gone to the website and found that ?

Sheesh.

Billychaotic182
23-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Cluching at straws here. We got beat. Get over it. We are not celtic lol

Hermit Crab
23-03-2015, 10:02 PM
Happens all the time, grow up.

Is your comment aimed at me?:confused:

SunshineOnLeith
23-03-2015, 10:04 PM
Is your comment aimed at me?:confused:

No, OP. Looks like you're as paranoid as he is :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2015, 10:17 PM

Player Identification

Have seen it happen plenty of times, it's petty and I can't see why you're making an issue of it.

Leithenhibby
23-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Funny, as I said to my son at the game that I thought there was (and now I know there is :greengrin) a rule stating the numbering issue.

Nothing to see here.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-03-2015, 10:48 PM
The only thing that stood out from the shirt with no number was that it made McGregor look huge

The_Exile
23-03-2015, 11:10 PM
I was under the impression blood shirts are legally (Fifa rules) required to have no number or name on them so any player can wear them. You can't expect an away team to have a spare shirt for everybody on the off chance they get blood on their shirts, think I'm right in saying 2 or 3 'blank' shirts of various sizes are carried with the kit and used as blood shirts.

gaz1875
23-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Have seen it happen plenty of times, it's petty and I can't see why you're making an issue of it.

Happens plenty of times does it? first time I have seen it at a live match and don't recall it happening too many times if any. Why shouldn't it be made an issue, are rules no longer applied?

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Always looks like a fan has just ran on the pitch and joined in. Shame their fan set up their first goal yesterday [emoji85]

Phil D. Rolls
24-03-2015, 09:21 AM
We're starting to look a bit petty, and complaints like this provide a distraction from real cheating like Gollum ignoring the foul.

That said, it does provide more fuel to the fire in respect of the incompetent way he ran the game, and let Rangers bully him.

marinello59
24-03-2015, 09:35 AM
Happens plenty of times does it? first time I have seen it at a live match and don't recall it happening too many times if any. Why shouldn't it be made an issue, are rules no longer applied?

Is the position of class clipe acceptable now? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
24-03-2015, 10:34 AM

I hope you've never shouted at the referee, for example, to get on with the game when he's pulled a free kick back because the ball was moving or it had been taken from the wrong place.

Onceinawhile
24-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Well with the points deduction for this and hearts getting their points deduction we should be home and hosed as champions. Happy days.

ekhibee
24-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Always looks like a fan has just ran on the pitch and joined in. Shame their fan set up their first goal yesterday [emoji85]
Except he's a Hibs fan, he wouldn't be wearing a Sevco top in the first place!

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2015, 11:06 AM

Well I've seen it plenty of times; maybe I've watched more live matches than you? Petty things brought up like this especially after a defeat annoy me.

Turkish Green
24-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Well I've seen it plenty of times; maybe I've watched more live matches than you? Petty things brought up like this especially after a defeat annoy me.

I am with you. Anyway, the player still had his number on his shorts so no big deal. More important to get the bloody shirt changed than worry about no number on the back.

Outside of the Premiership it is not compulsory for teams to have squad numbers, numbers on shorts nor names on the back of shirts. In fact, in Leagues 1 and 2 they go with the old style 1 to 11 numbering on the team list.

IrnBru22
24-03-2015, 12:08 PM
This thread is embarrassing, close it.

Keith_M
24-03-2015, 12:12 PM
I'm in agreement with the OP.

I think the result should be overturned and a 3-0 win awarded to Hibs.

:greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Except he's a Hibs fan, he wouldn't be wearing a Sevco top in the first place!

He stopped being a Hibs fan when he turned us down to sign for them and their wages.
Lee Wallace used to be a Hibs fan as well. He nearly swallowed the huns badge on his top he was kissing it so much on Sunday. Pathetic behaviour

Beefster
24-03-2015, 12:26 PM
I've not cringed at anything this much since that time Olivia Munn got on the tannoy at ER to beg me for a date.

SteveHFC
24-03-2015, 12:32 PM
:faf:

ekhibee
24-03-2015, 12:35 PM
He stopped being a Hibs fan when he turned us down to sign for them and their wages.
Lee Wallace used to be a Hibs fan as well. He nearly swallowed the huns badge on his top he was kissing it so much on Sunday. Pathetic behaviour
Yeh, I noticed that, it was cringeworthy. I'm sure I saw some pic of him arguing with Hibs fans too, it might have been on facebook, not sure when it was taken though. Wallace that is.

Mikey
24-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Could those who are "embarrassed" let us know which rules should and shouldn't be ignored? If clubs don't have to abide by all the rules where's the line in the sand?

Hiber-nation
24-03-2015, 12:49 PM
This makes the points deduction thread seem thoroughly rational.

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Could those who are "embarrassed" let us know which rules should and shouldn't be ignored? If clubs don't have to abide by all the rules where's the line in the sand?

As you are aware there is a fair bit of rule bending on the playing field evey week and this is just another example hardly a game changer though.

MB62
24-03-2015, 03:39 PM
As far as I can see, the OP has quoted a rule and ask a question as a result. There's no suggestion that the The rangers should lose points, be fined, their manager strung up from the FFS and shot at dawn, so I don't see why folk are feeling embarrassed about the question.

Andy74
24-03-2015, 03:56 PM
I didn't think it was allowed these days either. Players generally have two sets of each kit available for each game dont they?

Smartie
24-03-2015, 04:00 PM
I thought it was fine.

I've definitely seen the "blood shirt" used in other games before so I didn't even think twice about it.

Fair enough for those who may not have seen this before to ask the question, but I think it is more the way that these things are phrased such as "Gers breaking the rules again" and "Yams field ineligible player - set for points deduction" that make them seem a bit desperate.

Bostonhibby
24-03-2015, 04:13 PM
I'm going to let them away with this one, by the time this reaches the 20th page we will probably find that Hibs have done something similar somewhere in the dark and distant past. I think we are missing a trick by not complaining about the fact that they didn't have an appropriate blue shirt for Collum. There will be plenty more opportunities for them to put this right through the play offs though.

Geo_1875
24-03-2015, 07:34 PM
I don't see the problem with a The Rangers player not having his name on his shirt. The referee wasn't going to book him anyway.

wills
24-03-2015, 10:23 PM
They didn't mean to break the rules, they just couldn't afford the additional printing.
Heard they sacked the staff that do the printing