PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cerny....

Keith_M
23-03-2015, 05:45 PM
....apparently has Mumps.

Not a very pleasant illness in an adult male.

WillowbraeHibby
23-03-2015, 05:49 PM

It is not... Also appears we are having a rough old time of it wi' injuries and such... Talk aboot lucky white heather :rolleyes:

Borderhibbie76
23-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Oxley does not fill me with confidence at all...every time he comes for a cross it fills me with dread...he had a few dodgy moments yesterday. ..would like to see Cerny given a chance. I think Oxley has got lucky this season given we dominate most matches but I worry about him in bigger games

ancient hibee
23-03-2015, 06:49 PM

Must be going round the dressing room if that's two of them had it.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Can it not leave you sterile? Was it Stanton as well that had it?

Pedantic_Hibee
23-03-2015, 07:32 PM
I had it at 23 years old. Bloody horrendous. Picked up a viral infection straight after it. Was out the game for five weeks and lost two stone.

Fathered a child two years later so my fertility was intact. At least I assume he's my kid :faf:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-03-2015, 08:36 PM
Horrible illness. Sam Stanton had it a few weeks ago aswell. I think Cerny was back in today though.

hfc-1875
23-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Would like to see him get a chance if he's back in the team and ready to play. Oxley has never filled me with confidence.

gorgie greens
24-03-2015, 06:13 AM
Oxley does not fill me with confidence at all...every time he comes for a cross it fills me with dread...he had a few dodgy moments yesterday. ..would like to see Cerny given a chance. I think Oxley has got lucky this season given we dominate most matches but I worry about him in bigger games

Agree 100% does my blood pressure nae good at all

Stevie Reid
24-03-2015, 11:32 AM
I have defended Oxley all season and do rate him, but he can look shaky at times and was far from impressive on two occasions at the weekend that could have cost us goals. However, I wouldn't change him at the moment, at such a vital part of the season.

Say for example Stubbs did drop him - changing your goalkeeper draws more attention than any other position, and that's the sort of thing the media and supporters pick up on, which means the new goalkeeper is immediately under the spotlight and intense scrutiny. If Cerny were to come in and have an absolute mare, or give away an horrendous goal - if Stubbs were then to drop him, we then have Oxley coming back in in the spotlight and under intense scrutiny, and we could end up going into the play offs with two goalkeepers lacking in confidence.

Of course Cerny could come in and do very well, but at the moment it's just too big a risk for me. Oxley is far from undroppable, but unless he actually costs us a game/result, then I think he should be safe for now.

Smartie
24-03-2015, 11:38 AM
I didn't think Oxley did anything wrong on Saturday tbh.

A few players misjudged headers from long balls so it can't exactly have been a picnic coming out for crosses swirling around in the wind through a packed box. None of these moments led to goals or chances as far as I can remember.

It was the failure of the centre halves to clear their lines that cost us the first goal and it was a clear foul for the second. You could argue that Oxley should have played to the whistle but he was no worse than half our team in stopping and the chance itself was a clear cut one on one that you would always back a striker to score (even Kenny Miller).

Smartie
24-03-2015, 11:39 AM

I think the bigger games have been his best games. It's keeping his concentration against Alloa and the likes when we're maybe only one goal up that concerns me. He's not the only one either.

IrnBru22
24-03-2015, 01:26 PM
In the 4-0 rangers game Oxley was excellent, caught every corner/ball into the box but i agree he hasn't filled me with confidence coming for crosses recently.

McKenzie
24-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Plays tonight for the development team. Glad he's recovered

truehibernian
24-03-2015, 07:32 PM
In the 4-0 rangers game Oxley was excellent, caught every corner/ball into the box but i agree he hasn't filled me with confidence coming for crosses recently.

In the 2-0 game at Ibrox he made four very good stops, especially a header second half from IIRC Faure - he is definitely not the worst we have had let me tell you. Not by a long way.

He did look nervy on Sunday however. We have to remember that he is still very inexperienced in first team terms. I think he has done okay for a first full season.