23-03-2015, 04:54 PM
Disgraceful:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32021546

MWHIBBIES
23-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Wouldn't last 5 minutes at Hibs :greengrin

Nando™
23-03-2015, 06:28 PM
Football fans can be stupid as ****. How is abuse from your own supporters supposed to spur you on?

As an aside, Emenike needs to man up a bit otherwise he'll end up having tantrums every other week.

lucky
23-03-2015, 06:58 PM
The guys a clown if he was at Hibs I woukd want him emptied asap

HibsNutter
23-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Every football player in the world will be subject to abuse and provided this wasn't due to exceptional circumstances eg. racial abuse, then the guy needs to have a word with himself. It's part of the game.

basehibby
23-03-2015, 08:03 PM
I think this should be a huge wake up call to the stupid erseholes who call themselves Hibs fans and think shouting abuse at our own players is a great idea. Obviously Emenike's reaction is extreme and ill advised, but it is evidence beyond all doubt that football players are not automatons and their performance is likely to be adversely affected by idiots within their own support base shouting abuse at them.

Future17
23-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Must be the week for this sort of thing - Gourcuff just walked off the pitch in the first half on the Lyon game the other day. Apparently he'd injured himself, but he didn't wait for play to stop or even tell anyone - he just walked off and into the dressing room.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Disgraceful:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32021546

Stopped a bit abruptly - presume part 2 (the return) followed...

Boyle89
23-03-2015, 11:22 PM
Wonder what the reaction will be to him starting the next home game...
What a baby. If it was racial abuse then fair enough but if it was folk booing then he really needs to grow up. I'd have folk boo me for 90mins if I got paid what he does.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-03-2015, 11:25 PM
At least he had a ping. More than Dje Dje managed when through on goal in a similar position yesterday

madhatter
24-03-2015, 08:22 AM
This is being reported as racial abuse (as expected) by some papers. Emenike is also said to be wanting to leave.

Remember what league this is in, guaranteed the abuse would be of a very bad standard. At ER a slight mistake gets jumped on and boos descend quite quickly. However, I'll stop following Hibs completely if we started racially abusing players.

So, contrary to some of the responses, I don't think Emenike has to 'man up'. I actually think the so called 'men' in the crowd need to evolve and realise we aren't living in medieval times.

Stand by my original statement - disgraceful.

Future17
24-03-2015, 09:53 AM
This is being reported as racial abuse (as expected) by some papers. Emenike is also said to be wanting to leave.

Remember what league this is in, guaranteed the abuse would be of a very bad standard. At ER a slight mistake gets jumped on and boos descend quite quickly. However, I'll stop following Hibs completely if we started racially abusing players.

So, contrary to some of the responses, I don't think Emenike has to 'man up'. I actually think the so called 'men' in the crowd need to evolve and realise we aren't living in medieval times.

Stand by my original statement - disgraceful.

Fair comment, but if a player (of any colour) is playing in a country where he is a minority and he is completely and utterly hopeless, how do you distinguish between racial abuse and general booing?

I abhor racial abuse and I am glad things seem to be slowly but surely improving in terms of attitudes. However, I do wonder if increased sensitivities have also brought about an increase in the unscrupulous using racial issues to their advantage.

Brummie_Hibs
06-09-2018, 02:17 PM
Being linked with Hibs apparently (On Twitter). Free Agent

I'd provide links, but I'm not on twitter and I'm only being sent screenshots.

SRHibs
06-09-2018, 02:30 PM
Being linked with Hibs apparently (On Twitter). Free Agent

I'd provide links, but I'm not on twitter and I'm only being sent screenshots.

Here’s a SS of the conversation:

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2018, 02:38 PM
more importantly, why did the poster Nando get Mutually Consented

Juniper Greens
06-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Here’s a SS of the conversation:

This Turkish paper is claiming he retired today
http://www.gunes.com/spor/emmanuel-emenike-futbolu-birakiyor-907338

danhibees1875
06-09-2018, 03:39 PM
more importantly, why did the poster Nando get Mutually Consented

I always think that if someone links to an old thread! :greengrin

Newcastlehibby
06-09-2018, 03:43 PM
The incident happened in 2015. He is currently injured with a knee problem.

Peevemor
06-09-2018, 03:44 PM
This Turkish paper is claiming he retired today
http://www.gunes.com/spor/emmanuel-emenike-futbolu-birakiyor-907338

Google translated it into French for me and it says he could quit football.

BegbieHSC
07-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Would be a great signing tbf

IGRIGI
07-09-2018, 10:08 AM
Google translated it into French for me

"Look at me" post alert :greengrin

Diclonius
07-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Whilst he would be a good signing, what would be the point of signing an injured striker as cover for another injured striker?

SouthMoroccoStu
07-09-2018, 10:56 AM
Whilst he would be a good signing, what would be the point of signing an injured striker as cover for another injured striker?

Hopefully they’ll be injured at separate times

We can draw up a schedule