PDA

View Full Version : Discipline Table

IrnBru22
23-03-2015, 01:53 PM
No surprise at all to see the rangers bottom of this table with the fewest yellow cards...

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottish-championship/table/discipline

Ozyhibby
23-03-2015, 01:56 PM
No surprise at all to see the rangers bottom of this table with the fewest yellow cards...

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottish-championship/table/discipline

Especially given how slow they are.

Smartie
23-03-2015, 02:15 PM
They are far and away the dirtiest side in the league too.

Think of what they've got away with this year - they could have had about another 3 RED cards at that game at Tynecastle in November.

Remember the state of Boyd when he came on at half-time in December? He had about 4 bookable offences in the first 2 minutes.

The ref's unwillingness to show yellow cards yesterday was a joke.

That table is a disgrace and a scary reminder of what we are up against.

Ozyhibby
23-03-2015, 02:21 PM
They are far and away the dirtiest side in the league too.

Think of what they've got away with this year - they could have had about another 3 RED cards at that game at Tynecastle in November.

Remember the state of Boyd when he came on at half-time in December? He had about 4 bookable offences in the first 2 minutes.

The ref's unwillingness to show yellow cards yesterday was a joke.

That table is a disgrace and a scary reminder of what we are part of.

Fixed that for you.

NAE NOOKIE
23-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Teams at the top and bottom of the league 1st and 2nd .... just what you would expect to see. To be 3 point behind 2nd this late in the season with only 33 yellow cards is ................. erm ................ unusual !!!

Kato
23-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Notice who is top. They have a tradition and values to uphold.

JimBHibees
23-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Teams at the top and bottom of the league 1st and 2nd .... just what you would expect to see. To be 3 point behind 2nd this late in the season with only 33 yellow cards is ................. erm ................ unusual !!!

And will potentially have a huge impact on the end of the season games with players potentially missing vital games. Did someone mention last week that the Rangers website mentioned Cummings was only one booking away from a ban which seemed a very unusual thing to do however also made it clear how closely they are monitoring these sort of things. It would be interesting to know how many or any :greengrin Rangers players are near a ban. The ref yesterday did seem to be picking and choosing who he was going to book for example ignoring Moshni and Wallace and booking guys I would guess have very few bookings Murdoch and Miller. Wonder how close Hanlon, Gray and Allan are from a suspension.

Can vividly remember the Cheat scandalously booking Griffiths for diving in a league game v Kilmarnock when it was a clear foul. Surprise, surprise Griffiths then missed our vital relegation battle against Dunfermline and yes I do think he knew exactly what he as doing. Only a few weeks later he was giving his coup de grace at Hampden.

Turkish Green
23-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Just shows that there is bias in the game. Boyd and Miller should have been red carded on a couple of occasions this season for reckless challenges but got off with cautions.

And as for Collum yesterday!!! Any other team except for the OF and he would have been flashing the cards.

Billy Whizz
23-03-2015, 03:26 PM
Is there anywhere I can find bookings by player, for the season to date

JimBHibees
23-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Is there anywhere I can find bookings by player, for the season to date

This site has some of the stats. http://www.teamtalk.com/hibernian

You need to click on the SQUAD tab and then the individual name. Not sure how up to date it is however looks like Allan may now have 6 (if yesterdays game hasnt been added yet). Gray would now be on 5 and Hanlon 4 again if yesterdays game hasnt been added yet.

Moshni is on 4 so his mysterious avoiding of a card would have put him on the brink.

Allan if correct would IMO miss the Dumbarton away game as that is the game after 14 days have elapsed.

The Sundance Kid
23-03-2015, 03:47 PM

You need to click on the SQUAD tab and then the individual name. Not sure how up to date it is however looks like Allan may now have 6 (if yesterdays game hasnt been added yet). Gray would now be on 5 and Hanlon 4 again if yesterdays game hasnt been added yet.

Moshni is on 4 so his mysterious avoiding of a card would have put him on the brink.

Allan if correct would IMO miss the Dumbarton away game as that is the game after 14 days have elapsed.

I think these stats are with yesterday's game already added, the danger now is that if Cummings or Allan pick up a booking against Raith Rovers it will be the derby that they'll miss

Billy Whizz
23-03-2015, 04:22 PM

Thanks, think it includes yesterday's game, as Allan had before the game.
At least we've got Watson/Forster as cover in defence, would hate to lose JC for a major game

Hamish
23-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Breaking News -SPFL has decided that there will be promotion for the team that wins the Fair Play league in each of the lower 3 divisions.

emerald green
23-03-2015, 08:46 PM
The Rangers with the best disciplinary record. My what a surprise.

Considering it took the Compliance Officer to intervene before any action was taken after what McCulloch was getting away with recently - elbows into the back of Griffiths head, stamping on another player (can't remember who it was now) - this table just adds further to the belief that there is a deep seated bias on the part of referees towards the Ibrox club. It reeks of it.

The Yams of course are at the wrong end of the disciplinary table, as per usual. Probably yet another fine coming their way. I hope so.

Sir David Gray
23-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Considering it took Willie Collum 69 minutes to book a Sevco player yesterday, that statistic really doesn't surprise me.

Turkish Green
24-03-2015, 11:44 AM

Considering it took the Compliance Officer to intervene before any action was taken after what McCulloch was getting away with recently - elbows into the back of Griffiths head, stamping on another player (can't remember who it was now) - this table just adds further to the belief that there is a deep seated bias on the part of referees towards the Ibrox club. It reeks of it.

The Yams of course are at the wrong end of the disciplinary table, as per usual. Probably yet another fine coming their way. I hope so.
The Yams have been top of the indiscipline league since the start of the Romanov era and rightly fined because of it, but they appear to be hard done to when they play the bigot bros. Certainly, Thomson should have sent off both Miller and Boyd for their dangerous high tackles at the PBS but instead only showed them yellow. I suspect that there was no way that Thomson was going to send off more than one Sevco player in a game and Smith had already gone.

Interestingly, Collum tops the red card table, while Thomson tops the yellow card table. Fuds, the both of them.

JimBHibees
24-03-2015, 11:55 AM

I honestly think they are petrified especially if stay in West of Scotland. Much easier to hack off Hibs fans if you arent going to see any rather than the other way around. Some teams refs look for reasons to give decisions (OF and Hearts v us) and some teams (Non-OF) Refs look for reasons not to give decisions.

IrnBru22
24-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Just checked and Lee McCulloch has only had three​ yellows all season. Ridiculous

ekhibee
24-03-2015, 12:39 PM

Yep, McCulloch on his own has probably been guilty of more offences than some teams in the championship, and what about Black?

CallumLaidlaw
24-03-2015, 12:42 PM
So Hearts have strolled the league, but yet again have the worst discipline in the league. Another fine on its way??

JimBHibees
24-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Just checked and Lee McCulloch has only had three​ yellows all season. Ridiculous

Lee Wallace as having only one booking all season in the league stuck out also.