PDA

View Full Version : Bar Lunches In Kirkcaldy

offshorehibby
23-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Planning on taking Mrs OS over to Kirkcaldy for a we day oot on Saturday, anybody got any suggestions fora decent bar lunch. Looking at google maps I'm getting O'Connels Bar & Diner, The Exchequer, Red Bar & Kitchen and The Robert Nairn which i think is a weatherspoons. All look much of a much.

Cabbage East
23-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Barry ribs in O'Connells. Keep meaning to go back.

mim
23-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Planning on taking Mrs OS over to Kirkcaldy for a we day oot on Saturday, anybody got any suggestions fora decent bar lunch. Looking at google maps I'm getting O'Connels Bar & Diner, The Exchequer, Red Bar & Kitchen and The Robert Nairn which i think is a weatherspoons. All look much of a much.

I would suggest the Wheatsheaf (same street as Red Bar and Kitchen), especially if you like steak pie.
Good home made food and great service.

ClewsHibs
23-03-2015, 02:34 PM

The Novar bar and The Duchess at the end of the high street are decent

hibeenicol
23-03-2015, 08:38 PM
I would recommend the duchess, call them and book as it's usually quite busy.
Decent beer in there as well.

Sergey
23-03-2015, 08:48 PM

While not in Kirkcaldy - this place isn't too far off track.

http://www.redlionculross.co.uk

It really surpassed anything I've eaten out with a few heritage hotels in Scotland. I'm actually looking forward to eating there again.

Try the fried cheese as a sharing dish...

...I'll even refund you if you don't enjoy it!

offshorehibby
26-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Think i've narrowed it down to The Duchess or The Red Bar & Kitchen